If you dropped Jason Voorhees into Marvel or DC, what's the highest tier of heroes he would pose a legitimate threat to?

If you dropped Jason Voorhees into Marvel or DC, what's the highest tier of heroes he would pose a legitimate threat to?
Not just in 1v1 altercations, but also in terms of how much chaos and death he could unleash on innocents before said heroes even get a chance to confront him.

>Marvel
Jason moves up the power rank till he reaches Daredevil and gets completely fucked.

>DC
Same, but with Batman.

Daredevil is pretty close to the bottom, any specifics as to who you're considering?

He seems like a poor mans Grundy

Jason meets Frank
What happens?

Frank's blood pressure rises from his inability to kill him.

It mainly depends on where you drop him and how long it takes before an A- or B-lister hears about him. Put him in NYC/Metropolis and the top-tier heroes would waste him near-immediately. Put him in the middle of Michigan, on the other hand, and he could probably take out a high number of C- to Z-listers before he was discovered and dealt with.

Frank franks the motherfranker.

Are we factoring in Jason's retarded body-snatching powers from JGTH, or just his peak feats anywhere else?

Jason is street level no question about it, being only Spider-man worthy if he's at his very best.

The only slasher villain I can think of that can tackle to real higher ups is Pinhead.

It's just like the beginning of Jason Goes to Hell but with a one man firing squad.

Even the civilians on DC universe can handle Jason.

When DC was doing Jason comics I wish they did a Batman goes to crystal lake issue
Makes sense. Mysterious murders "upstate" at an abandoned camp
Batman investigates
fights Jason
there is a good comic right there.
(Freddy Krueger would go against Teen Titans or become a yellow lantern in green lantern comics)

Jason is nothing more than a quieter, physically weaker Solomon Grundy for a quick comparison. Immortal zombie with some invulnerability and strength. He would kill some normies but any cape would be able to take him down with ease. A fucking weak ass telekinetic killed him for Christ's sake.

Jason X on the other hand, he might prove to be a bit more complicated to beat down.

How high up would Freddy get, then? Would he be stopped before he gets to the mystics of either universe?

In terms of horror movie monsters and killers. The Thing is legit the most deadly of villains.
I can see The Thing being a major threat to both Marvel and DC's universes.

Once someone notices the pattern of mostly teens dying in their sleep he's done for.

Batman should be able to beat him like a drum with how he treats his own mental state.

Martian Manhunter is probably the best character he can tackle though, works thematically too with the fire thing.

Freddy is an unkillable ghost. Only the supernatural character could deal with him. Of course Ghost Rider and Dr. Strange would curbstomp him, but he might give Blade some trouble.

DC should have turned Hawkman villain Byth into a Thing style monster

Define "major", as both of these universes have dealt with aliens, shapeshifters, parasites, etc. and have more than a few ways of detecting fakes.

Because of convoluted plot reasons, your favorite hero just stole a shilling of this little fucker's gold and has to hold onto it at all costs. How does it play out?

The Thing would be a great Fantastic Four villain, with Reed Richards trying to contain it with limted resources and trying to make sure it doesn't leave the Antarctic

>Deadpool
That'd be a fucking riot, almost like a Looney Tunes cartoon with graphic violence

I can imagine a lot of paranormal research and punching shit going down. It would be a fun Hellboy story.

Because unlike most DC or Marvel villains that go guns and blazing and try to directly fight the heroes The Thing is legit smart and would not risk doing something that risky.
I likes to hide in plane sight spreading its self to other people and animals.
By the time Batman or Tony Stark knew of The Thing it might have already spread itself to millions of people in city's spread through forests and towns.
Fuck the second it gets in the ocean everythings fucked because it will spread so quickly through all of the sea life and there would be no way to stop it.
Plus this isn't even mentioning what could happen if it build a spaceship and flew to other worlds.

Frank's gonna have a bad time.

>Daredevil
I'm sorry but are you fucking kidding me? He would make it to the ones that are super strong and durable.

I feel bad for the little guy, honestly. My boy's gonna turn him *into* a shilling.

Maybe some low-end street levelers. He's just a poor-man's Solomon Grundy.

He's a serial killer who is shown to kill small groups of unarmed teenagers. And also generally killed by young and inocent characters. Like the ten year old who murdered him in the fourth movie.

He'd probably give batman a problem, because he's a moron and never kills the worst murderers, but anyone else would just take care of him somehow and just move on after a laugh about it.

The Thing would basically be unstoppable unless one of Marvel/DC's people found a way to completely wipe it out, planet-wide, at a molecular level. Remember that it becomes a PERFECT copy of whatever it assimilates. One would assume that would include the biological characteristics of superheroes, and even the knowledge and skills of people like sorcerers and martial artists.

Hardly. Characters of Jason's feats are dime a dozen in the MU or DCU. He wouldn't even the be the toughest thing Daredevil has fought that night

Jesus, that would actually make a fantastic BPRD story.

Ahhh, I wanna see capes fight Cenobites!

Jason is fucking shit. He just kills random teens who can't fight back.
Most horror movie villains get their ass beat at the end of the film.
>B-but muh Pinhead
Gets trapped by a fucking box and dies in the second movie to a spear

Have Leprechauns appeared yet in the BPRDverse?

Batman has no problem killing non-humans. That includes zombies, aliens, etc.

>Jason show up in the Marvel Universe

>Jason starts to hunt down teens at the lake
>Stress of the situation triggers the x-gene in some of the kids.
>Jason gets blown away

>Jason comes back
>Mysterious fog rolls in
>Some of the counselors are now nuhuman
>Jason buried 20 km underground

>Jason tries tries again
>New batch of victims.
>Turns out they were actually aliens in disguise
>Jason is now an Avenger

>The only slasher villain I can think of that can tackle to real higher ups is Pinhead.

Motherfucker got STOMPED by Satan in Scarlet Gospels, even though Pinhead was wearing Satan's war armor. He was permakilled with the ceiling of hell itself falling on him.

If The Thing wasn't contained to the arctic, the world (or at least most of human civilization) would be done, super heroes or not.

So what your saying is Deadman vs Freddy?

I know Alien was in a Batman comic and his butler shot it with a shotgun. How well did they do up to that point?

>manifests a pot of gold into his stomach
>"hey, free gold!"

>Yfw The Thing assimilates Superman.
>Powers and all.

They'd at least need Dr. Strange and i'm not even sure he'd manage to take down the full scope of IT.

Dreamcatcher confirmed the ritual of Chud failed and Pennywise lives.

Pinhead was killed by another cenobite, bruh, one being directly controlled by the leviathan, at that. And even then he explicitly wasn't killed.

Elly Kedward>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jason. Nearly every Sup Forums character would survive Crystal Lake, but not Black Hills Forest.

>Put him in the middle of Michigan, on the other hand, and he could probably take out a high number of C- to Z-listers before he was discovered and dealt with.

Dude, Michigan? Where the Great Lakes Avengers live? Where Doorman, in the service of Death herself, lives?

There'd be some crazy shenanigans then Doorman would usher Jason's corpse to the other side.

Source of this Pinhead Satan fight?

>It starts propagating Kryptonian cells into all of its constituent parts.

Only one thing to do. Shrink down and fight it one cell at a time!

Don't forget all those other alien worlds.
There all fucked too seeing how The Thing is smart enouth to make a spaceship out of helicopter parts and pieces from a shed.
It will spread easily.
I don't even think the Lantern corp would stand a chance.

Scarlet Gospels, user. It's there in the post.

You're still leaving out the absurd number of ways they have to detect the Thing, like psychics, bio scanning tech, magic users, and everything is being under some form of mass surveillance.
>PERFECT copy
Human blood doesn't run from fire which leaves me no reason to believe it could actually copy powers. It's little more than biomass capable of mimicry.
The Flash could literally do a Thing blood test on an entire town in seconds, do Thing fans just not read capeshit or something?

user, by the time you're getting to the point where you need to perform a "Thing blood test" on an entire town, the world is already well and truly fucked.

>Ant-Man and Multiple Man team up
>Huge wave of teen tiny Multiple Men suplexing Thing cells.

Or even better

>Ant Man shrinks THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE too small for the Thing to assimilate
>Galactus devours the now relatively-giant sized living tumor that is The Thing.

>Human blood doesn't run from fire which leaves me no reason to believe it could actually copy powers.

If those powers are genetic, there's no reason why it couldn't.

>Human blood doesn't run from fire which leaves me no reason to believe it could actually copy powers. It's little more than biomass capable of mimicry.

Why not? The Thing has been shown to be a near perfect imitation of what ever being it copies.
Its so good at that in fact that it even copies negative traits like when it copied Norris so perfectly it even copied his bad heart and had a heart attack.
So this stands to reason it could probably copy Superman so perfectly to the point it even copies his powers.
Superman is an alien after all and it seems silly that The Thing would not be able to copy him.

>The Thing devours Galactus.

While not permanently destroyed, Jason always ends up being defeated by a person or persons who are far less capable than the average street leveler (even non-powered ones like Batman) in every conceivable way.

Seriously? Plastic man, Ghost Rider and any incoporeal heroes would be immune.

Don't read the book. Clive dropped the ball super hard. He'd been teasing it since the 90s. It was meant to be this 1000+ page epic that included scenes with Pinhead talking to Jesus during the crucifixion, his disciples and the holy grail , Pinhead in the time of Rome. It was meant to be the defining word on the Pinhead character. Itgot edited down to a 350 page story where Pinhead has a DBZ fight against Satan and rapes a black, crippled old woman because she sassed him.

And this is how the Cancerverse starts.

Except that one time Ghost Rider was infected by a zombie virus in Marvel Zombies because the writers are fucking retards.

How does that stop The Thing from taken over the universe?
Plus The Thing is very smart if it cant assimilate them it will find other ways.
Its not an animal its a being far beyond human intelligence.,

how is it different to the symbiote in spiderman

Yeah, there are plenty of heroes that couldn't be assimilated by The Thing. The real issue isn't that though, the issue is how much collateral damage there would be, and how much of the human race (or any biological life) would be left by the time it was stopped.

huh?

Symbiotes want to fuck and/or murder Peter Parker.

The Thing literally only needs to touch you, and you also become The Thing. It's not so much of a problem if it lands in a cold, isolated area like it did in the movie, but if it landed out in the middle of the woods it could spread at an alarming rate through wildlife. It wouldn't need to reveal itself or make risky plays like it did in the film, it could just go around making contact with as many living things as possible.

Don't forget what's stopping The Thing from just making a spaceship and flying to other planets?
Even if they did stop it on Earth the rest of the universe is fucked.

We all know there's only one character that could leave both DC and Marvel universes in ruins

>The Thing infests martian manhunter

How would you be able to do the burn test?

I don't think Symibotes are even on the same level of intelligence of The Thing.

Sick and twisted mirror universe in which Old Ones rule everything and have defeated Death.

Godzilla was part of the Marvel universe

But they aren't genetic, proof being the running blood bit.
That just suggests it unconsciously copies other creatures on a mechanical level, but not a genetic one. It could copy a kryptonian's body just fine but it isn't going to suddenly be solar powered.
I genuinely don't think any of them read capeshit.
>Plastic Man
My nigga, he'd be my first pick to turn the tables in a comic from an alien parasite hunting people to an alien parasite running scared from a terrifying unstoppable creature that happens to have a goofy sense of humor.

Guys, I just thought of something.

If The Thing was dropped into the DC Universe, what if it became able to tap into The Red?

after the first time, Frank would just drop him into a vat of concrete either whole or in 50 different pieces around the city

Cosmic beings who can literally manipulate reality will eventually take notice.

I don't read capshift but I do the love Justice League and as far as I can see I think The Thing would win.

It's whole shtick is absorbing and copying the DNA of anything it infects.

Or became Brood infected...

Or just any high-ish tier magic user in DC, and definitely Dr. Strange in Marvel.
>he only watched the cartoon and thinks he can make a judgment call on what they can do
Come on man... Though the DCAU would be entirely fucked.
>copying DNA
Blood doesn't run.

better yet an even smarter thing

The Thing CANNOT mimic powers, it only physically imitates other beings. Essentially all the organism does is consume organic matter and makes it part of itself, but it doesnt share any of its victims DNA. Think The Blob only intelligent and able to mimic its prey

>Blood doesn't run.
So? its an alien every part of it is alive.
Doesn't mean its still not a near perfect copy.

user, you're complaining about people not knowing as much about comics as you while you whine about something you don't know as much about as other people.

>even smarter

Prototype 2 called.

>but it doesnt share any of its victims DNA.

Source?

>but it doesnt share any of its victims DNA.
How do you know that? as far as the scientists could tell The Thing was a near perfect clone of what it copied.
The only two ways to tell if its a fake is either mixing Thing blood with human blood to see if it will assimilate it or burn the blood.

What's The Red? I've heard of The Green and from what I gathered that means you can mind control plants.

Now you're just trying to tip toe around the evidence. First it's PERFECT copy, now it's near perfect? Fact is our blood doesn't run from fire or have any way to even react to it. It objectively wasn't anything close to being like our blood, it just looked like it on a superficial level.
If that was the case then someone would have disproved my point by now instead of moving the goal post to fit their ever-changing narrative.

>Not Sgt. James "Skull Fuck the Emo Cuck" Heller

The Red is to animal life and microorganisms as The Green is to plants and The Grey is to fungi.

And he kicked EVERYONE'S ASS!

Well, every non-cosmic character. Thor hurt him. Like a bee sting.

The microscope scene states that The Things primary advantage is perfect camouflage via imitation, even on a cellular level. The reason being so antibodies wouldnt mobilize against it and obviously to get near larger more complex organisms. We have no evidence to suggest it inherits any traits of that which it consumes other than appearance. It didnt gain additional knowledge, nor skills of its victims, it simply can only change its shape. Consuming the biomass of its victims gave it more clay to mold itself with.

how would pennywise do in marvel and dc?

> It didnt gain additional knowledge, nor skills of its victims

That is demonstrably false, otherwise it wouldn't have been able to perfectly mimic the people it subsumed.

What about someone with a healing factor? Not shit posting. I know nothing about The Thing except from the movie.