So I finally sat down to watch this, and what is up with this little girl's voice? Is this the adventures of a young Dr...

So I finally sat down to watch this, and what is up with this little girl's voice? Is this the adventures of a young Dr. Girlfriend?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1oN3hamwls8
yp1.yayponies.no/yaystar/star.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

She may have a voice that sounds a little too mature for a teenage girl, but she's still clearly voiced by a woman.

It's like that at the beginning, later the voice actress got the handle of it. Also it was on purpose that they choose a more low pitched voice for Star.

DOES ANY ONE HAVE THE LINK TO THE SVTFOE MEGA?

And a pretty young one at that.

Though probably not young enough for Sup Forums's tastes, if you catch my drift.

I don't catch your drift, please elaborate

She's 14, not 4. It's a lot better than a fake cutesy voice.
After the first few episodes Eden eases into the role and her delivery starts to sound a lot more natural, and as the show broadens later (especially into Season 2) her range really comes out.

From an interview:
>>What was the problem?
>I think it had a lot to do with my lack of confidence. Star was also the first cartoon character I auditioned for that allowed me to be me. They could see my potential, even though I was really stiff in the first few episodes. Now I cringe because I could have been so much looser. Around episode 5 or 6, I was in a recording session and just couldn’t get this one particular line to come out right. It wasn’t funny. It wasn’t anything. And I was really struggling and messing myself up. So [the director] finally said, “Eden, just say the line the way you would say it. Bring that to it.” And it was like a light bulb went on. I realized I didn’t have to create some BS character. I was, like, “Ohhhh, I get it. This is me!”

Should have watched the japanese dub
youtube.com/watch?v=1oN3hamwls8

That's actually a decent voice for her. Really captures the same oddball energy the original VA has.

All listed up there, if the links haven't been taken down
yp1.yayponies.no/yaystar/star.php

i wanna fugg a real 15 year old magical bug princess

Grown men who watch cartoons for l children are always pedophiles all the time.

I swear officer, she sounded legal.

well its good you are self aware.

so did she

Nice projection

Star Butterfly is an adult woman.

Biological adult != legal adult you fucking moron

I planted a real bomb in your house.

It's a lot more realistic than the voices cartoons/anime tend to give teenage girls.

Also it helps offset the art style that makes everyone look way younger by default; at least her voice indicates she's not like 10, while with a higher one it might be more difficult to believe she's meant to be 14/15 at all.

>letting laws made by old jews dictate your morals and deny biology

Yeah, it doesn't sound anything like a young girl's voice. I had the same problem with Dipper's voice.

Isn't adulthood in Judaism granted at 13? I don't say this often, but I think I want to side with the Jews on this one

she's also not a 40 year old mom going wine tasting for the first time

>caring about star

what is this meme

I know it is, at least for dudes.
My point was that they ruin the fun for everyone else.

Actress is 25 now, did the earliest episodes at 21, probably would've been like 19 when doing the pilot. And on top of that she already plays Star slightly higher than her normal voice.

Some girls just have voices like that.

America can't even Magical Girl right

It's supposed to have a moe voice

Is it mad that I never got what the problem with Star's voice was? It always sounded fine to me.

No

I thought she was kind of overacted or something in the very first few episodes, but I never had a problem with the actual pitch. Think people forget what girls in high school sounded like or expect her voice to be generically cute.

Seems more like a mixture, cause the Puritans/Quakers often married off their (9-)12-16 year old girls to the elders of the community in the olden days. Hell, some communities do so even now.

it got better in season 2
like most shows

I used to watch the Middle, which was the VA's first big role so it never sounded off to me, it was just her.

I thought by the end of 1 she'd already gotten comfortable enough in the role to no longer play every line like it's a joke, but yeah definitely by 2 it's more consistent.

Is just me or I find Dr. girlfriend voice super sexy

>denying that Star is best girl

Leave.

is this the only show where the main protagonists are the best characters?

America fixed moe

moe voices are so fucking annoying, Star's voice is wholesome as fuck

>It's supposed to have a moe voice

So she's supposed to be a shrieking pomeranian yipping and yapping until someone throws a boot at her?