ReBoot: The Guardian Code

So the cinematographer for TGC has posted some scenes from the "sequel".

instagram.com/vincentdepaula_csc/

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/ytv/statuses/846859789997146113
imdb.com/name/nm0292493/),
voices.com/demo_detail/241394
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Main villain "Sourcerer" and Megabyte

Apparently "The Sourcerer" will venture outside his lair.

That black hoodie is undeniable proof that he's a ruthless hacker.

Primary protagonist, Austin (or Vector in the digital world) seems to have gotten himself into some trouble....

....said organization definitely needs to have their logo on the wall-mounted TV...

Goddamned monkey paws

What am I missing here? What do these live action pics have to do with pic related?

>What do these live action pics have to do with pic related?

Isn't live-action what ReBoot is known for? That's why it was a groundbreaking series in the 90's....... Oh wait.

Rainmaker just doesn't get it. There wasn't any need to do a hybrid live-action/CG series with the "next generation" of Guardian teens.... But then again, they never really had any plans to do anything with ReBoot. They're only using the brand name and the most memorable aspects to push this show.

But what exactly IS this show supposed to be? Is it actually a continuation of ReBoot or are they just using the name to push something all-new?

They got the name, but seem to want to do a Zixx continuation.

>But what exactly IS this show supposed to be?

Garbage.

>Is it actually a continuation of ReBoot or are they just using the name to push something all-new?

They're billing it as a sequel, but given what we know it won't address the 4th season cliffhanger. Also characters such as Matrix, AndrAIa and Mouse have not been mentioned. The only original characters mentioned have been Bob, Dot, Enzo, and Megabyte.

No true continuation will ever be possible without the original co-creators. Anything that is called a sequel without them is uncanon.

Well that's depressing. What happened to Mainframe, don't they still own the IP?

RIGHT? THIS IS JUST FUCKING ZIXX.
JUST MAKE A FUCKING ZIXX REBOOT.

>Well that's depressing.

Tell me about it....

>What happened to Mainframe, don't they still own the IP?

They do... but Mainframe was bought up by Rainmaker in mid/late 2006. So the only way ReBoot will get a proper canon continuation is if somehow, someway, the original co-creators can get the rights back. That might happen if TGC is an utter disaster and Rainmaker wants nothing more to do with the IP.

The most telling part that this really isn't "ReBoot" is the simple fact that YTV used this promo image to announce the series.

twitter.com/ytv/statuses/846859789997146113

How they expected anything but negative replies is beyond me.

Oh and say hello to the mind behind "The Guardian Code", Michael Hefferon.

I'm pretty sure he also killed the ReBoot soundtrack because fans didn't like his creation.

Isn't this just Code Lyoko then?

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm getting a nostalgia boner for goofy live action action shows from the 90's like Beetleborgs or Superhuman Samurai Cybersquad. Complete with cheap sets and horrible acting. I don't think this is what they intended, but I might watch this because of that.

>Isn't this just Code Lyoko then?
It's a bit of Code Lyoko, a dash of Zixx, some Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad, and a heaping handful of shit all mixed together.

Even just reminds me of the nerd and Kilokahn from Superhuman Samurai.
Also, that actor looks familiar.

Thank you!

Been trying to remember the name of that damn show since this awful abomination was announced, no one could ever remember what it was called.

>Also, that actor looks familiar
It's Bob Frazer (imdb.com/name/nm0292493/), if that's of any help.

Even if it was pure CGI like the original, without Tony Jay it was never going to measure up and bound to fail.

I remember when that piece of shit aired on CN back in '06

>without the original co-creators it was never going to measure up and bound to fail.

fixed it.

Yes without Tony Megabyte will never be the same, but there must be a VA out there that can come at least 75% close.

That said, it seems Timothy E. Brummund MAY be the new VA for MB.... voices.com/demo_detail/241394 (about 12 seconds into the demo)

Not like this Sup Forums

NOT LIKE THIS

Kind of crazy that from all the ReBoot revival attempts, this is the one that got through.

Zixx sounds too sexual, you don't want kinds humping the floor, don't you?

will this be the new "cool" way to do helmet HUDs from now on?

This kills the Woolie.

Really? Cause I thought I saw that salty shit bag hyping about it.

Does anyone remember that crappy Phantom movie from Syfy where they took The Phantom out of the jungle to be a inner city fighter and gave him some weird purple armor outfit?

These images feel like that. An idea in name only that goes too far away from the original concept.

WE IRONMAN NOW?
Cause seriously besides the reboot pin, that looks just like they've shown RDJ's face while in suit of IronMan.