Gail Simone

What is Sup Forums's opinion on Gail Simone?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/GailSimone/status/699407741891141632
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sup Forums hates her

Generally a negative thing for the comic book industry

Her comics are funny, but her Twitter is really fucking annoying.

She has my fetish.

I like her Bane

It's good when she's trolling Olicity fangirls

Who

Some solid books and some terrible ones.
She's never been "great."

Still not sure how I feel about complaining on the internet being her gateway into the industry.

she's a pretty good writer and funny on twitter but has terrible taste in characters in general

It's true that she engaged in a confrontation with Bendis on some forum?

I just remember this twitter fight with Slott
twitter.com/GailSimone/status/699407741891141632

She's fine as long as her effort to make her book more inclusive isn't that blatantly obvious. Secret Six was pretty fun but shit like The Movement (The %1 IS EEEEVIL) wasn't pretty good.

Damn, she got fatter since I last saw her!

>Catman
>terrible taste

LEAVE

>tfw you will never have a fat comic book gf

she's fine. I'd rather have her on my team than 50% of the field.

I've banned myself from reading her twitter or interviews though.

She did a good Attack on Titan fanfic.

Good dog, good dog....

Her first Birds of Prey run is my first comics love. She has not done anything close to equalling that in the decade since.

Definitely a good choice.

Fatter than I expected.

Good and honest working class standard superhero adventure writer, if unreliable.

Has some misses, but when she hits she really hits. Her WW run is one of my favourites

Wow what a fat sack of shit

She mad Catman a badass so I have no issue with her. She is a solid writer with a shitty twitter.

I love secret six and her birds of prey run but the rest of her stuff that i have read is mediocre like her batgirl run

She doesn't make SJW propaganda afaik so she's alright in my book

This. Birds of Prey and Secret Six were her ONLY good works. She ruins everything else she touches. I expect this is because she became THE FEMALE WRITER so now that she's the TOKEN GUURRRLLL WRITER she has to hamfist that up and it ruins her work

I don't know who she is but she seem cute

She's got some good stuff like Clean Room and garbage stuff like The Movemen.

I loved it when Felicity fans sent her death threats for saying Ollie should be with Black Canary and not Felicity on Arrow

She's a DC-tier writer with a Marvel-tier attitude online.

It started because she made a joke like, "I like this one ship, but that OTHER ship is worse than Hitler," or something like that, and for some reason Olicity fans thought she was talking about them and lost their fucking shit.

Gail has never watched Arrow and was tired of shippers asking her what she thought of the show.

Anyway, I mostly like her writing and she seems like a pretty cool person.

She is fat, would probably look great if she loses weight and manage to keep the boobs.

Who cares what Sup Forums thinks? I like her.

I've read her Birds of Prey, Secret Six and Wonder Woman, and enjoyed all three. She also had a couple of Superman issues which weren't half bad.

Also she's friends with the mega autist himself, John Byrne. I find that pretty hilarious.

She has a giantess fetish.

she's good friends with Ethan Van Sciver too

she's alright.

>her Twitter is really fucking annoying.
When is twitter honestly a good thing, for men OR women...

T H I C C

She's swell.

Twitter is great for organizing events and last minute announcements.

Twitter is great for finding people with your highly specific fetish reposting images and videos on the internet.

That's about it.

I liked her work in Simpsons comics #50

She's some broad that got attention with a site criticizing other writers who had women killed in their plots (Women in Refrigerators). From there, comic companies hired her as a writer where, surprise, women occasionally die in her books.

Fat, would not bang.

>Gail Simone can now be a moderate American Left comic book personality
Radicalization is a pit. Just fucking end it all.

what does she write?

She has good stuff and she has bad stuff
I have more stuff I like from her than the other, so Gail's alright by me

I don't like obese women and I'm not really a fan of her writing.

You're only as good as your last work, and her last work was terrible. On the other hand, you can just ignore the turds.

Some of her shit is well liked by Sup Forums. Birds of Prey, Secret six. Her jlu episode with huntress and question. Her musical batman episode.

>94293164
You didn't read the movment, which was occupy wall street, the comic. She also started the whole women in refrigerators thing, which has been overall terrible for female characters, leading us to the super soft lumberjanes/kate leth conflict free sort of comics.

Still, she's got no problem herself with female characters fighting, struggling, and getting seriously fucked up, just like the guys. On an ironic note, I find it somewhat hilarious that they fridged her version of the Atom, and her reaction.

Her Deadpool was pretty good. Even if it didn't really feature Deadpool for most of it and sort of just led into the Waypool era.

meh, I'd bang her

Sauce?

I like most of her work. Still am one of the few people who enjoyed her Batgirl run.
And I like her horror stuff too. I like the kinds of villains she writes.

I don't like her wonder woman.

>I don't like her wonder woman.

wee woo wee woo retard alert

Is a hit or miss for me.
I like her Secret Six, Birds of Prey, Welcome to tranquility,etc. but really disliked her Batgirl or the Movement.

When she's trying to tell a story she's pretty good, she's got a real talent for character interaction and team dynamics

When she's trying to make a statement she's pretty bad, she has no real skill at subtlety and her messages end up being hamfistedly worked into her dialogue

No love for her Wonder Woman run?

The expectations for it were too high and she inherited the Amazons Attack fallout.

Under the circumstances, Simone did a wholly respectable job, but it was hobbled right out of the gate.

The Circle is good though.

She's made some god-tier waifus

I liked her bat girl even though everyone hates it.
At least we can agree its miles better than the Burnside shit

editorial buttfucked it hard

Y'know, for as much hate as Amazons Attack (deservedly) gets I also think Heinberg's story-arc was god-awful. Wonder Woman's only had a handful of really good runs.

Also, Simone's run gets points for the talking gorilla supporting cast.

Who is she ? And who did she eat ?

I admittedly haven't read her Batgirl run but a huge portion of the hate it gets I think is because of what it did to Babs not having all the years of character development as Oracle, which Simone was ironically a huge part of. But I haven't read so maybe it just is that bad.

You know how people keep referring to women in refrigerators?

I like her because she is into comics and cares about the characters she's writing. She is not like these new bullshit writers like Kate Leth who only care about themselves and their twitter followers and who probably never read a superhero comic in their life before getting a big two position. All the good work that people like Simone and Kesel did to build respect for women creators is gone now thanks to these people.

Oh please the Movement was editorial trying to force a long dead meme

Nah her Deadpool and Atom were good too

Pre-Nu52 Secret Six was a damn good book. Is the new any similar?

Hell no. Burnside might have gone to complete shit, but for the first few stories it was miles ahead of Gail's weepy tragedyfest. They lost their balls after the Dagger Type fallout but didn't finally go to shit until the wedding issue.

She's doing some indie stuff right now, isn't she?
Any of those books good?

Clean Room is pretty good.

>You're only as good as your last work, and her last work was terrible
Clean Room is good though.

To be fair to Gail, she wanted to have her Batgirl run be more upbeat but this was during DC's "no one is allowed to be happy" New 52 phase. She had a lot of problems with editorial, like nearly every writer did back then.

What has there been post "The Movement"? Because I take that as the worst of her work.

The Movement had potential.

Who?

Why?