Which new comics are you unironically excited for

Mine is pic-related.

Same.
I dig the writer and the concept pisses off Marvelfags, as well as the writer jumping ship, so it is a double win.

Plus Plastic Man.

>plastic man
I didn't need much of a reason after seeing him on this.

>I dig the writer and the concept pisses off Marvelfags
Not really, most seem to be happy at Marvel being called out.

I think the current opinion is Movies: Marvel>DC

Comics: DC>Marvel

marvelfag here, i'm happy this is being made

plas is based of course and rex & mr t are great

hope this sells in the top 10 and ike dies

Spy Seel

Besides new Mignolaverse stuff X-Men: Grand Design was the one comic to come out of SDCC that I'm excited about.

Literally same i just want to see mr terrific do something

Lifelong marvel marching society member here.
That's a great lineup. I hope it's better than that ff run.

Why can't they push some actually good like Mr Terrific instead of Cyborg?

>Why can't they push some actually good like Mr Terrific instead of Cyborg?
Cyborg looks cooler.

Cyborg brings in nostalgia from those who remember the older TT cartoon, and children who know TTG.

Because why push someone normies don't know at all when they can push someone people liked from a cartoon while removing all character from him that made normies liked them in the first place.

They tried a Mr Terrific solo in the New 52 that failed. They even made him fuck/team up with Power Girl and it still failed. No one wants analogies about chess to the point where your fucking team name is Checkmate.

He works better as a side character meanwhile Cyborg is still known by normies. Even though he has no real discernible rogues gallery besides the Grid and a ancillary love interest he can fuck over the internet.

In order

>The Terrifics
>The Platoon
>Mister Miracle
>Redlands
>Arkham Asylum 2
>Superman: Year One
>Wonder Woman: Earth One volume 2
>Ragman

Maybe some I'm forgetting, but I'm pretty excited about these. Ragman seems like it could definitely be a disaster, but I'm hoping it's not.

>Superman: Year One
You have no idea how excited I am for this. I wonder how many whores Frank Miller is going to make Superman Fuck. We are all in for a treat with the amount of insanity that is about to ensue.

Fuuuuck, speaking of insanity, Neal Adams is doing a new mini too isn't he? I can't remember which character it's for, but you know that shit's going to be a wild ride.

Excited may be a strong term because Im not SUPER confident but I really just want a decent Blink and Armor book. Long Shot is a great bonus

>I wonder how many whores Frank Miller is going to make Superman Fuck
Miller is bringing Superman/Wonder Woman back and you're going to like it, faggot.

Neal Adams is doing a Deadman mini.

This. He doesn't have enough personality to carry a decently solo. Honestly, he's even more redundant now that Batwing is in the picture. There's only so much you can do with a character when their whole personality is "the smartest man on earth".

There it is, that's right. I'm definitely going to grab a six-pack before I read that one.

>Miller is bringing Superman/Wonder Woman back and you're going to like it, faggot

Nigga, I don't give a shit. I just want my All Star Batman dialogue. Lets also bring up how he makes Wonder Woman a bloodthirsty bitch who gets told off by everyone. If we see that dynamic between her and Clark then this is going to get intense. Especially since tumblr will go ballistic.

Why do people keep forgetting that Cyborg was hinted at joining the JLA for years before New 52? Not to mention he was in the Super Friends.

Is it because he replaced J'onn? It's a shame Authority failed.

>first issue, they fight the moon

How Cornell, how do you fuck that up?

If so I'll buy the first issue just so I can throw it in the trash.

Read the Superman narrated epilogue of DK3 and shut the fuck up.
He understands Superman plenty now.

B-But the whores...

If it's any consolation there WILL be a whores edit

Yeah this'll be real interesting, hope it doesn't get cancelled.

Well it's going to be an OGN, so

the terrifics & xmen grand design are probably what I'm looking forward to the most.

I'm just hoping marvel gets they're shit together but legacy doesn't inspire any confidence & I'm optimistic about what DC is currently doing and really excited about doomsday clock.

as far as non big 2 books I'm glad that hasbro or IDW hasn't given up on jem and I'm pretty hyped about it even if leth is on the book.

but ultimately I'm still trying to catch up on my backlog to really pay attention to what coming out right now

Any news on when this is starting? I'm hype.

Early 2018.

FFFFFFFFFFFFF-!
Thanks m8, that's a long wait.

>Why can't they push some actually good like Mr Terrific
Isn't that what this comic is doing?

Chris Ware has a new collection coming out this year

Because Mr Terrific has never been in anything decent. His team books were mediocre and his solo was abysmal.

Kid Lobotomy
The Seeds

JSA was mediocre?

No wonder a chink draws a woman that is described to have a fine ass with no ass at all.

Black face and playdoh man are my favorite heroes

>The platoon
>Mr Miracle
>Arkham Asylum
>Wonder Woman earth one
>Green Lantern earth one
>Superman year one
>X-men grand design
>New Challengers
>Deadman

Wait is he actually continuing Rusty Brown?

You realize DCEU Cyborg will NEVER have a solo movie, notwithstanding the stupid slate that was announced three or four years ago. He'll be the Hawkeye of the DCEU or HULK. Who he dates, what rogues he has, all that is meaningless and pointless to concern yourselves about.

>You realize DCEU Cyborg will NEVER have a solo movie
t. a racist

Monograph, out October 17th
>A flabbergasting experiment in publishing hubris, Monograph charts the art and literary world's increasing tolerance for the language of the empathetic doodle directly through the work of one of its most esthetically constipated practitioners.

>For thirty years, writer and artist (i.e. cartoonist) Chris Ware (b. 1967) has been testing the patience of readers and fine art fans with his complicated and difficult-to-comprehend picture stories in the pages of The New Yorker, The New York Times and other charitable periodicals—to say nothing of challenging the walls of the MCA Chicago and the Whitney Museum of American Art with his unevocative delineations and diagrams.

>Arranged chronologically with all thoughtful critical and contemporary discussion common to the art book genre jettisoned in favor of Mr. Ware's unchecked anecdotes and unscrupulous personal asides, the author-as-subject has nonetheless tried as clearly and convivially as possible to provide a contrite, companionable guide to an otherwise unnavigable jumble of product spanning his days as a pale magnet for athletic upperclassmen's' ire up to his contemporary life as a stay-at-home dad and agoraphobic graphic novelist.

>Shrewdly selected personal photos distract from justifiably little-seen early experiments littered among never-before-seen paintings and sculptures, all padded out with high-quality scans of original artwork publicizing jottings, mistakes, blunders and, especially, Mr. Ware's University juvenilia via which the reader can track a general cultural increase in tolerance for quality's decline since his work first came on "the scene." Expensive, heavy, and fashioned from the finest uncoated paper and soy-based ink, this thigh-crushing book is certain to cut off the circulation of all but the most active of comics boosters.

besides that, Leslie Stein has a new collection coming out too

O'brian looks so cute and pure here

Mr Terrific is well received because he enjoyed good writing early on, and although his design looks silly it grows on you, since cyborg became a founding member of the Justice League, he's just there, nothing else, and his design is horrible.

>black dude is mr fantastic counterpart
>woman is supposed to be sue
>plastic man is human torch for some reason (dude personality difference lmao xD)
this is cuck tier

Holy shit are we getting a ragman mini?

Nope, Fantastic Four itself is cuck-tier.

The Terrifics will not have this shit. They are, therefore, much better already.

Kill yourselves memers.

From what I remember
>Mister Miracle
>Superman Year One
>Arkham Asylum sequel
>The Terrifics
>Challengers
>Green Lantern Earth One

>written by Ray Fawkes

Is that.... Tinya??

It has some design elements that Phantom Girl tends to possess in her costumes. The diminishing rectangles symbol (or boob window), the hair pins. And, not shown in this pic, Tinya has tended to bare arms in recent costumes.

There was a JLA lineup that had Dick-as-Batman, Donna, and Kory. They darn near turned the League into the Titans graduating class.

No cyborg though.

>That art
>That cast
>The writer

This'll be the first on-going I'll be picking up in paperback in over a decade

He's done good stuff before.

Why is there no Plastic Man movie dammit

They could have gotten Jim Carrey when he was still youngish

Well given the requirements he was likely working with nu52 constintine could have been a lot worse and I liked his run on JLD, 18# was probably the best issue of the book.
On the other hand he wrote the abortion that was pandora.

Oh wait he only did the first three issues of Constantine.
I can't really remember those well.

Wait no I'm retarded. He was in three trades

It's a variation or ancestor of her. Lemire loves LoSH but he confirmed it's not THE Phantom Girl but a Phantom Girl

This is coming out in August and I'm really looking forward to it.

Why can't you faggets shut the hell up and stop asking the same question?

when new 52 mr terrific had his won book...and it was garbage and JSW themes everywhere.
So they try again sending him to earth-2 and again with future end...then they throw the towel until Metal.

>the concept pisses off Marvelfags
I haven't seen even one Marvelfag upset about DC doing this.

this was a fun book.

Plasticmans dumb expression looks so familiar and I don't know why.

we Phase now?

>Jeans's face in both panels.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Dan Didio's Top Cat

Mr. Miracle

Honestly, I've not bought a comics in years and years, mostly I pirate a handful of books now and then but its to the point I don't even *steal* most books because they're so bad.

But this one, I'm inclined to putting some $$$ down because I love these characters and the overall concept.

>dude personality difference lmao xD
Well, having Mr Terrific as the human torch would be retarded, are you saying they should be matched up by powers? Because then Metamorpho shouldn't even be there, neither should Plastic Man since his powers are only the same as Reed's on a superficial level.

Have you seen any Marvelfags lately? Actual Marvelfag, not blind shills and interns

I just assume a good number of the people complaining about Marvel being shit are Marvelfags to some extent.

The Terrifics

King's Mister Miracle

Any new Young Animal book, REALLY hoping this imprint is not dead

all i want is a new legion of superheros ongoing

hold me Sup Forums

The Allred Family wants to do an ongoing, buy BUG! so that DC sees they can sell obscure titles

that would be great but there has no been much movement related to the legion besides some rebirth references.
Is stagnant next to JSA and Captain Marvel

the LoSH should not be obscure

Already am, bro.

I would be down for some Allred legion, for fucking sure.

But in the meantime, I got some Allred Doom Patrol to keep me company.

When is it out?

THE FUCKING TERRIFICS
also, Ragman
Dastardly & Muttley by Ennis
the new Deadman mini

in b4 LoSH on Young Animal

>New Challengers
>Sideways
>Snagglepuss
>Top Cat
>Doctor Strange with Cates
>various Marvel books I'm glad to see are continuing with the same team in Legacy
>Not Brand Echh
>Turok
>Doctor Spektor
>The Shadow

I feel like there's more that I'm forgetting.

Early 2018