Was the finale as bad as people here say it was? If so, why was it?

Was the finale as bad as people here say it was? If so, why was it?

Bill was underwhelming. His friends where jokes.
That's all.

Bill was too much of a meme villain.

Not bad, just underwhelming.

There was clearly stuff they wanted to expand upon but it was rushed to get to an ending.

That and this. He just ended up being a jerk with his keikaku being "lol i tricked the little girl xD"

I can't not recommend it though and people watching it fresh are probably better off without having the thought of a potential third season in their mind.

>meme villain.
What's that mean?

"Lol I'm so random and wacky xD"

I don't think he managed to kill a single person with his supposed apocalypse

No, it wasn't that bad. It just felt like the show had more to offer, especially with the Cipher Wheel.

>Wendy, Robbie, and McGucket being a part of it when they hardly had a decent character arc
>It doesn't even work

*Wendy, Robbie, McGucket and SOOS

I'll never forgive this show under-using Soos. He was the best and I would have gladly traded some episodes (Roadside Attraction mostly) for a Soos and Wendy centered one.

Hirsch has said before that the Cipher wheel was just a cool-looking wheel and wasn't meant to be a mystery. He just threw it into the finale because people speculated about it so damn much.

The setup for it all was kinda dumb too. What was the point of even having Bill possesses Time Morty rather than just straight-up making a deal with Mabel? It's not like he couldn't have talked her into one, she's not exactly smart. It just seems to make the story less interesting for no reason

>"Let me make this cryptic image that relates to all my proposed central characters to add to the aesthetic of my mystery based show."

>"Why are people speculating so much about this wheel? What the fuck? I have to actually do something with it now? :/"

I'm glad Hischbashing is well and done with but this. This right I legitimately can't stand. Dude should nipped it in the bud before letting the hype get it astronomically high.

why the fuck are you remaking this thread?

What do you mean remaking?

>inb4 Mabel should've been forced to publicly confess to starting the apocalypse until she was bawling her eyes out from guilt

I mean, she could have at least taken some fault in it, instead of just getting everything she wanted.

I unironically think that should've happened

That just would have meant one episode less in Weirdmageddon though. If anything I wish they made the divide between Dipper and Mable more prominent in season 2 so that payoff/conflict would have made sense.

Literally Ford just gave the suggestion and Dipper wasn't sure one way or another. Mable overreacted and suddenly Dipper was acting like he signed his life away? What?

For all the buildup, speculation, and foreshadowing the rift between Dipper and Mabel got, the payoff and resolution were both really weak

I mean, there really wasn't much a rift between them, that's why. As a matter of fact, the rift between the Stans was also kind of weak once it turned out everything was literal in their flashback (I was really hoping for bill sabotaging Ford's project instead because it really doesn't make sense how Stan's one hiccup caused it to break down when it was working just fine))

We needed to SEE Dipper and Mable drifting apart, but we didn't. Instead we got filler like Stanchurian and Roadside Attraction.

I agree

The dropping of the "creepy cryptids + mystery solving" ruse marked by the reveal of the author.
The symbols all came together randomly and conveniently.
Gideon getting talked down with a single "dude she doesn't like it lol" seems pretty out of character.
Bill going from puppet master to retarded big goon.

Lash her.
Lash her until the tacky sweater lies in bloody shreds

It was alright. It just didn't live up to all the buildup, like nearly every show with a central mystery ever.

The finale was great. The whole show was brilliant. Not one bad episode in the bunch.
Best cartoon ever made, period.

>The dropping of the "creepy cryptids + mystery solving" ruse marked by the reveal of the author.
No, there were still episodes like TLM and especially DAMVTF.
>The symbols all came together randomly and conveniently.
Uh, OK? It's called the finale.
>Gideon getting talked down with a single "dude she doesn't like it lol" seems pretty out of character.
Not really, considering how good Dipper's speech was (pushing all the right buttons) and Gideon's own lackeys also prodding him in the right direction.
>Bill going from puppet master to retarded big goon.
I've never understood this criticism at all. The only consistent thing there is chaos, period. All other aspects are just means of obtaining goals.

>Not one bad episode in the bunch.

Bait

>(I was really hoping for bill sabotaging Ford's project instead because it really doesn't make sense how Stan's one hiccup caused it to break down when it was working just fine))
Engineering and mathematics are the exact sciences, which means they require attention to all detail and a smallest mistake can fuck your project up

The fina;e had a ton of great things. The feel of despair and something big and grand finally happening, Bill being entertaining for what he was, insanity bubbles, the shack battle, some of the creepiest imagery in the show, many old characters coming back, the resolution of Mabel's world episode, Stan's great development, the execution of Bill's death, the final coded message touching as hell.

But some of the more structural and fundamental flaws make it hard for me to call it truly great.
- the writing just randomly switches from developing Mabel to developing Stan halfway through
- the circle doesn't mean jack shit and has no purpose (other than possible "power of friendship" trope inversion)
- GF is highly postmodernist, so in the end, it's Stan's intention that matters, not the result, but still, he shouldn't have gained his memory back so quickly
- adding to that how Waddles just had to come home with Dipper and Mabel (the only way the ending would be even more diabetus-inducing and sugarsweet is Dipper getting a kiss from Wendy)
- Mabel did play a part in saving the day so I guess that sorta excuses her accidentally starting the apocalypse but this doesn't change the fact that the finale shied away from making her explicitly admit her mistake
- why did Bill have to physically change the twins? he turned Pacifica's dad's face inside out, which means he must have reality warping powers of some sort (I'd brush it off as a nitpick but Bill not being there for Stand and Ford switching clothes is important to the plot and the reasonig for it is very questionnable)

I just don't know, so much time has passed already yet I still have a hard time properly ranking the finale. It's definitely good in my eyes, but is it great? I may never be 100% sure about it.

>physically change
physically chase*

What a stupid post

Elaborate?

The series wide mystery with the chosen ones played absolutely no part and was immediately thrown away for a memory erasing gun that had no consequences to use, it was bad.

What is yer offer?

What are you, a jew?

>Part 1: we GOTTA get Mabel back!
>Part 2: Mabel. please come with us! You're so perfect and we can't save the world without you!
>Part 3: Mabel barely does anything while Stan and Stan singlehandedly save the world

Yes.

really makes you think

What does?

Yes it was

>that scene where all the characters stop fighting, turn to the camera, and tell the audience "Kids, this upcoming election is very important for the future of the world, make sure you tell your parents to vote for Hillary, we can't let a racist cheeto get his tiny hands on the nuclear codes."
Yeah it was pretty bad. Thankfully Alex has been out of the business since.

Someone needs to explain the whole moral of this scene and outcome in particular.

>if you're a snobby rich girl who throws off the yoke of her conceited parents, your whole family will end broke and you'l have to sell your home

>deciding whether or not to watch a cartoon based on whether THEY think it's good.

There's not much you will be watching if you go with that business model.

Except pure trash.

>you'l

What?

Doesn't Hirsch just hate rich people in general? The shit with the Northwests was the most mean-spirited message in the show.