Why does this exist and why is it so good?

youtu.be/u0AFCJXIPl4

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NXB6slJSbL4
youtube.com/watch?v=J9rDRDHmCAc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because western animation has fallen so low that Family Guy looks good in the animation department by default at this point.
This is why I have given up on the cartoon half of Sup Forums.

It was really floaty with everything being right there for them to pick up, it was like watching a stickman fight in pivot

I really hate how over fucking exaggerated these scenes are. They literally kill half of the fucking school

suprisingly decent, kind of wish they worked on the sound design a bit more

FG's SDCC previews tend to have unfinished sound design and use stock sounds so they could have something presentable to show off. The actual episode will sound better.

Its like watching an overly-edgy flash cartoon from Newgrounds in the early 2000s

What story did they contrive to get them out of all those killings? Selfdefense?

Rule of funny

It had to be done, and if anyone had the balls to do it, it was Seth.

Do you really care? No seriously, if they went out of their way to explain this, would you actually give a single fuck or pay attention?

a reference scene? its like anything family guy these days, not actually thinking before trying to make a joke

>floaty
I hear this word tossed around whenever people criticize fight scenes. How can it be floaty if all the fighting went on on the ground?
>everything being right there for them to pick up
You can see them move towards it throughout the scene. Atomic Blonde had fight scenes using improvised weapons like an electric grill lying in an apartment room, that's not "right there", they just improvise stuff to hit the other one with

It's a cartoon. Just imagine it like Looney Tunes or Tom and Jerry but with blood shown.

>Why does this exist

Because Family Guy is purely shock humor nowadays.

>and why is it so good.

It isn't. You're just 12.

Why shoehorn a poorly animated fight scene that breaks continuity and isn't entertaining or funny?

If I didn't care some what I wouldn't ask. I am mostly curious if they just go lazy and how lazy did they go.

>Adam West tribute

I wasnt ready to remember

>Using Freebird instead of Papa Roach or Linkin Park
Serious misstep

>over fucking exaggerated
fuck off retard

Its a reference to kingsman.
Modern family guy has almost no continuity or rules. Characters will break the fourth wall or do crazy things and then ignore it in the next scene.

Floaty means that nothing has any weight or inertia to it. If you pay attention to how things move in real life, you'll notice that the laws of physics create quirks in movement; periods of acceleration and deceleration. There was little of that in the clip, it looks unnatural when the characters lift things or land after jumping and seem to just transition immediately into a pose, like robots.

It's almost literally a shot for shot rip-off of the church scene from Kingsmen.

/this
But I gave up on 90% of cartoons not 50

this is probably more about the shock from gore and fast movements but family guy is known for its fights

Why do people like this? Everywhere I see this posted people are loving it. Why?

Edgy anti-PC stance?
Gratuitous violence?
Boring, ugly animation?
Stealing a scene from a far better movie?

I genuinely don't see what's to like here. I loved this scene in Kingsman but seeing it transposed here with Family guy's bland aesthetic, it does nothing for me.

And you can keep your wafer thin anti-PC bullshit. I'm against censorship but don't pander to me with your "there are no such things as jokes anymore" and "we live in a post joke world". Or maybe you were never funny to begin with and without references, violence and stereotypes there wouldn't be a show.

Explain yourself Sup Forums

Mostly just shitty pop culture references and it being edgy.

>breaks continuity
because Family Guy cares about that

It's literally just the scene from Kingsman. It's not even doing anything funny with it. It's just the Kingsman scene but with Chris and Meg. It's not even a parody. It's straight up plagiarism.

>and why is it so good.
Fight choreography. It's the difference between Family Guy's fights and pic related.

>credit this scene for good fight choreography
>find out later it was stolen

>its okay to show blood, stabbings, and beatings in a cartoon
>but not nudity, sex or swearing

For the fiftieth time, Family Guy has outsourced their fight scenes to another company for years now. They have pretty much no spending limit and they think it's a joke to make fight scenes so well animated compared to everything else.

Showing something takes away its power.

Making public indecency (even in fictional form) a soft taboo isn't about puritan values; it's so you don't have to travel deep into the forest of philias in order to stock up on forbidden fruit.

Glad someone else caught that...

>continuity
>entertaining
>funny
Family Guy cares not of these things.

It's even got compressed sound effects!

This just makes me miss Xiao-Xiao or whatever it was called.

It's just the Kingsman scene with the lack of momentum

youtube.com/watch?v=NXB6slJSbL4

Not to mention the delicious catharsis of seeing a hate congregation get fucking annihilated, as well as setting up Valentines evil plan in an unforgettable way.

Family Guy just copies the action with it's sluggish, uninspired, outsourced animation and throws in a worthless anti-PC line to make it seem as if the scene's about something. Fuck Family Guy.

I was expecting the principal to be involved somehow, like being the final boss or something.

Maybe in the actual episode...

You mean the stickmen?

this is coming from someone who actually likes Family Guy (especially the new stuff):
you have extremely low standards

Like, what makes the Kingsman scene work so well is that Colin Firth's character has been so restraint and cool headed the entire film, that for him to turn around and just shoot someone and let loose was such a shock.

With the Family Guy clip, we're used to their violence, and this is no different. In fact, the people look like playdoh in the FG clip. They all get bruised and stabbed, and it doesn't really look or feel different from each other. Like, no character is gushing blood or getting their skin torn. The eye stabbing happens twice and it looks the same each way

Whereas the Kingsman fight, it really feels like people are being obliterated.

You couldn't steal the fight choreography from most films because there is none. It's astonishing how lazy fight scenes are in modern blockbusters. I can understand cartoons being lazy because of animation costs and mostly younger audience, but when you've got a budget of several hundred million, you should at least try.

I remember when pokies and camel toes did the trick for me, and when a few beers worked wonders. Good times.

I feel like everyone's just jaded at this point. No sense of enjoyment for little things.

How? And how does liking Family Guy actually make your opinion any better?

So when in the very next ep, all these people are gonna be alright, what retarded theory will Family Guy Wiki conjure to excuse that as beng a part of the continuity?

Familiy Guy doesn't get to decide what a joke is and what isn't.

It's just that the concept of a "ebin scene where lots of people get killed and awesome music plays" is not a new one and if might become stale if people do that too much.

I remember the time when i actually liked this show
God i had shit taste

'cause I'm aware that I already like shit, but even I am not impressed by this clip

OP's link has the pitch shifted for the song and it's really bothering me for some reason.

youtube.com/watch?v=J9rDRDHmCAc

The scene is crap either way, but it's a good song.

When the fuck did this even happen?

The things just there for them to use was a comment on how the weapons would be just in mid air or in a space that should be moving.

And example is when they lodge the weapon in someone and that character is now frozen until they take the weapon out to reuse it.

Madness Combat caught the zeitgeist of the era.

>find out later it was stolen
from what?

>had be done
What had to be done?

>Why is it so good
Anything remotely good from it comes from the original scene it's shamelessly ripping off. Rather poorly I might add.

I'm surprised everyone didn't fall in the same exact pose.

Hey, Beter