Homeflopping WILL NOT gross more than ASM2

>Spider-Man: Homecoming's global cume of $633.7 million places it firmly in last place. It's nowhere near Sam Raimi's trilogy and still has some way to go before topping The Amazing Spider-Man 2's $709 million.

comicbookmovie.com/spider-man/homecoming/box-office-spider-man-homecoming-passes-600m-worldwide-but-is-unlikely-to-top-the-amazing-franchise-a152940

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

JUST

There a good copy on the internet of this movie yet?

You're way too invested in this for someone who probably isn't literally invested in it.

>Reboot a series 3 fucking times
>Somehow, it doesn't gross that much anymore

Not too surprising. Look it's kinda just Spiderman fatigue at this point. People just kinda feel like, yeah, Spiderman's here, but people are probably done with having to sit through Spiderman movies only for it to get rebooted once again and change actors.

It's a crying shame that the Spiderman franchise didn't really get to set in like Reeves' Superman franchise which has had a lot of movies come out with no rebooting taking place til technically the DCEU.

O God it's like suicide Flop all over again

>As if the movie is going to disappear from theaters right now
>As if it still doesn't have other countries to open in, including China and Japan

It already beat TASM, OP, now it's just a matter of waiting

>As if it still doesn't have other countries to open in, including China and Japan

Oh, it hasn't opened there yet? Well then it's guaranteed to gross way more, gooks love Spidey.

It's already done much better than TASM 2 just by virtue of not having a ridiculous $275 million budget.

Hasn't opened in China yet, and none of the trade rags are calling it a flop (why you'd listen to a comic book rather than movie site is beyond me).

It's also interesting how the drop is changing week to week. The first drop was a huge one - from a big opener - but the second weekend drop was a much more predictable (in fact textbook) 50%. The third drop was just 39%.

Since movies tend to make half of what they made at the weekend in the following four days, it's actually performing rather better than expected given those early drops.

On present evidence it will make slightly over 50% of this weekend's $13m by Thursday, for a 7-day of about 19 to 20 million, and with a 5th weekend drop between 50% and 40%, for a fifth week around $10m. That puts it around $20m higher by week 8's end, and $30m by the 3-month mark, for a domestic total around $300m to $305m - well above ASM or ASM2 - and with a likely international 16% higher (based on performance since release) for a total of $650m.

While that's lower than any Spider-Man movie to date, it's also a lower budget than any to date to pay back - 25% lower than the last ASM movie, for example - with the additional easy $100m to come from the eventual Chinese release. That won't come until August or September - China does not release foreign movies during the busy domestic season, with Wonder Woman's late-May release being one of the last of the summer.

But since you like comicbookmovie.com's reporting so much, here's the Chinese poster they found.

ch-ch-China will save us!! KEK this shit won't even pass 700m worldwide, kid. Your pic just shows how much of a massive failure it is that it won't even come close to the critically panned SM3's domestic box office

I haven't watched it, but trailers and the like just make me think "not muh spiderman" and I lose interest.

>critically panned SM3's

Spider-Man 3 got a 63% on RT. It wasn't panned.

>film 5 hours of material and only use half of it
>expect to recoup costs
>expect the movie to make sense

Bravo Sony

ASM2 felt like a movie made out of deleted scenes, like that collection of Fire Walk With Me scenes they stapled into 90 minutes.

>It's a massive failure because it didn't make as much as one of the best cape trilogies around

Yes i don't hate SM3, it's still entertaining despite it's problems. The movie doesn't need "saving", making more money would help making shitposters like you shut up more than anything

Good.
Spiderman needs to fuck off already.

This, I'm fucking tired of the little shit.

>Reeves' Superman franchise

Only the first two made any money, and the second two (and Superman Returns, with Routh) were generally agreed to be awful. The second isn't really that great, if we're being honest; even the director's cut doesn't salvage it, because of the way it was filmed (google "Salkind Clause" and you'll have some idea of what the producers were trying to get away with - in fact read Donner's own interviews on the production, it was a clusterfuck from start to finish).

The third movie made so little that the Salkinds sold Superman (but not Supergirl or Superboy, who they retained until 2005) to Cannon Films, producers of Masters of the Universe and other 80s dreck. Cannon sank very little money into it and the fourth movie was filmed almost entirely on location at a single retail development in Milton Keynes, and once you've seen it, you can't unsee that it all takes place in the same building. Hilariously, it made so little worldwide that it contributed heavily to Cannon going bankrupt, which is a whole other story.

What set the franchise in mind was Reeve's performance, which was always his A-game even when the story and dialogue were crap, and his treatment of the fans he encountered in the days before Instagram made the inner workings of a celebrity life accessible to all. He was just a really nice guy, so people overlooked that he'd been in some terrible movies.

Of course, having 40 years of tv reruns didn't hurt the settling in of his franchise either. Billions of people saw those movies; it would take decades even for a big movie like The Dark Knight to be seen by that many people.

I think Spider-Man is actually the BEST cape trilogy by ar (besides Avengers) just based on earnings.

Well the movie is worse than ASM2 so rightfully so.

>not a single decent comic in more than a decade
>not a single decent movie in more than a decade
>will get a secondary role in the MCU now
>a matter of time before he gets killed and replaced by Morales

I'm enjoying every single minute of Spiderfag asshurt.

You're right I exaggerated, SM3 was definitely mixed, although it had a very bad word of mouth, but anyways OP's point was Homecoming failing to even pass ASM2 worldwide. How can you spin that as anything other than failure?

I think people are just tired of all the re-boots. 3 different sets of movies in 15 years is too much. Granted I haven't seen any Spiderfag movie since the first Amazing Spider Man

>OP's point

OP's point is unadulterated shitposting, the movie hasn't opened in all countries yet, and two of those are China and Japan. TASM2 made almost $100million in the former alone, $30million more in the latter. If Homecoming makes just half of that it'd still come out on top

> not reading the article
> not seeing the article say it's not a flop
> not seeing the article say there's already a Spiderman sequel in the works

your suffering is eternal, my friend

Should've govne with the 2B guaranteed route.
t. Amy

Hope that one underperforms too.
Spiderman is a shit hero that didn't belong in the MCU.

Dude, Wonder Woman was great, and reshoots will make Henry Cavill's moustache better in JL. You don't need this spite now that DC learned it can make films without Zach.

No, Wonder Woman was completely average, the praise it got was a combination of SJWs desperate to get some attention, and the "WOW, YOU DIDN'T FUCK IT ALL UP!" factor.

wow such butt hurt, i'm glad it did well and will continue to do well with marvel.

bullshit, it already has passed both ASM domestically and china it's not even out yet

All of this talk about China saving it is ironic shitposting r-r-right? They can't be THAT stupid

Yes, i'm butthurt at the obnoxiousness of Spiderfags and all the attention this shit hero has gotten for so long.

Spiderman 3, TASM 1 and 2 are what those autists deserved.

>in b4 China will save us!

That seems to be the talking point for the mouseshills

>I think Spider-Man is actually the BEST cape trilogy by ar (besides Avengers) just based on earnings.

There is no Avengers trilogy yet. It's only had two films.
Civil War was a Captain America film.

The sad thing is that Sony Pictures might have just been saved now since The Emoji movie is on its way to making a profit and Baby Driver is doing okay. Now they get to make even more shitty movies next year

>The only thing placing TASM2 ahead of HC is the 130 million dollars from Asian countries where HC hasn't opened yet
>Pointing that out is shitposting

>implying the tom hardy venom movie wont outgross ALL 6 of the spiderwuss"s movies.

Mark this post for it is the future

NOOOOOOOOOOO it was supposed to make 2 gajillion dollars!

Wow, this guy doesn't know shit.

Homecoming has already beaten both ASM movies domestically and is likely to beat them globally. It's got a long run and it hasn't even opened in the arenas where SM films tend to make most of their money.

That's actually kinda cool.

I can't wait until like 3-4 months from now when these threads have died because the total gross will be like 800-900m or something and we look back on it like "remember when this was going to be the worst-grossing Spidey movie". It'll be the "GotG is totally gonna flop" shit all over agin.

I can't wait to post a screencap of your post when this flop ends up making under or just above 700m to embarrass the hell out of you

Then I guess we'll find out the truth in 3-4 months you twat

>it's another Sup Forums shitter thread

I'm sick of fucking superhero movies

>Civil War was a Captain America film
Somebody should have told the writers that

>it's another Sup Forums shitter thread
Can't be, no one's made a BBC joke yet.

Kind of a shame, considering it was much better than both ASM flicks.

The Spectaular Spiderdrop

>$60 million.
>Two months left in cinemas.
>Not yet released in a few countries.

What the actual fuck are you on man?

>Implied stuttering
>KEK
>Kid
>Not reaching 700m with two months left in cinemas and several countries still awaiting release.

Can't tell if troll or just retarded at this point.

And the fact it isn't even half way through it's release cycle. Hell, it's probably going to scrape it to the 700m mark without the asian countries, then that's just going to boost it more.

Welcome to Sup Forums where people will cherry pick the data they want to shit on movie they have probably never saw just to get (you) and start another console war thread.

Odds are it's the same person praising Wonder Woman's "success" so probably the latter

AS 2, the lowest grossing worldwide SM movie, pulled in over $100 million dollars between Japan and China alone, as well as having a smaller release than Homecoming will have. Homecoming is going to break $709 easily and probably finish somewhere in the low to mid eight hundreds.

I think it is superhero fatigue in general. Marvel and Dc both have declared they will release 3 movies each a year starting 2018. It is too much and is already over saturating the market.

>Been out for three and a half weeks
>Domestic BO is already $76 million over ASM2
>Budget over $25 million less than ASM2
>Has made its budget back more times than ASM2
>Has made more of a profit over ASM2
>Hasn't released in China or Japan
Why in the actual fuck do you idiots make these falseflagging posts? Considering the EXACT same thread is on Sup Forums right now I can only wonder

Homecoming had a budget of $175 million.

TASM had a budget of $230 million.

You can't say whether a movie is a flop or not without noting the cost. Using the back-of-the-envelope "studio and theater split ticket sales 50-50", the movie's made ~$140 million dollars in profit already, without opening in China or including home sales.

This may be less of a success than Marvel was hoping for, but it's a success, and there's gonna be an MCU Spiderman 2.

he used to be so cool because he wasnt invulnerable and boring like superman but still wasnt a pussy normal human like batman with plot armor

Why is Sup Forums so determined to hate this movie?

everybody wants to be spectator to the next tortanic, nothing is allowed to succeed anymore because "only stupid assholes genuinely enjoy things"

>Sup Forums
This is one of the DC retards from Sup Forums don't put this on us

You think that's bad? Look at this shit from earlier this week. This is the first time I've actually bookmarked a thread because of how blatant the shilling against a movie was

Tell me about the loneliness of good. Is it equal to the loneliness of evil?

China will save us
I'm just gonna sit here and wait

You do realize Spider-Man is huge in Japan and it will make around 200 million over there with no problem, right?.

It will beat ASM 2 come in two weeks.

Oh and since you do not research, it already beat ASM 2 domestic box office as well as the original. So, HAHAHAHAHAHA to you faggot.

ASM: 262 million domestic
ASM 2: 202 million domestic
Spiderman Homecoming: 278 million domestic.

Now show us on the doll were Spider-Man homecoming hurt you so we can solve this crybaby issue you have.

It appears that, in the end, Tony couldn't save him.

Could this be the end of the RDJ cinematic universe? Will Marvel realize they don't need to focus everything on him? This could very well affect the terms of a potential contract renewal assuming RDJ isn't done with the character. No more % of gross and instead a fixed amount like every other character.

If China likes a movie, it tends to make up for half the box office, if not more.

Those movies that made like $1b but only about $300m of it domestic? That was mostly China.

Someone screencap this post for when it passes 700m in two weeks

Good. They really should have kept Andrew Garfield and his cast mates.

I hope you do this for a job or something man, cause if you can compile and analyze that data for a random post on Sup Forums then goddamn you could find infinite jobs with that intense weaponized autism

I saw a russian one 4 days ago, it's OK

Reboot fatique
Hyper diverse cast

wtf I hate non disney products now

They did, that's why the movie is mostly focused on Cap and his sidekicks, the fact the others are there don't change that.

Spidey's back home, guys! Now give Marvel the X-Men back. What could go wrong?

>ASM: 262 million domestic
>ASM 2: 202 million domestic
>Spiderman Homecoming: 278 million domestic.

Your whining is pointless. Facts do not lie. It has done well and will continue to do so. Get ready for the sequel. Hope they bring in Miles just to see you crying faggots whine more late.

>lower than any Spider-Man movie to date
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bring raimi back please.

Maybe miles will finally get a personality

How about spiderverse with rami , garfield and the new guy

I am legitimately frightened of him getting killed of and replaced with Morales.
I just don't want to see it happen user

It's not happening, they picked a young actor to milk him as much as possible, and if they planned on using Miles any soon they wouldn't allow Sony to waste him on that animated movie they're making. And with waste i mean rightfully relegate him on meaningless projects where he belongs

But even if they are using him I imagine they'd come up with a way to feature both him and Peter at the same time, like in the new cartoon, nobody's getting killed only to be replaced by an overtanned photocopy, critics and general public would find it ridiculous

meanwhile in the land of Dumb Cunts

>superhero fatigue in general
I don't think so, wonder woman is about to reach 800 millions worldwide, that's far more than any other origin movie in DCEU and MCU,is a new record.

They're actually making a sequel to SS? O thought they were focusing on the Harley Quinn/Sirens movie

Sup Forumsntrarians

>It has done well and will continue to do so. Get ready for the sequel.
Yes
>Hope they bring in Miles just to see you crying faggots whine more late.
No, fuck you.

To be fair, it came off of three terrible Spider-Man films.

Next one will probably make more.

This one was less about making money and more about fixing Spider-Man's brand/image and further establishing him in the MCU.

Maybe next time they shouldn't make Mary Jane Watson Black hmmm?

Everyone I have spoken to thinks the film was really fun, at least as good as Spider-Man 1. I don't think it's a pinnacle achievement but word of mouth has been good. It's hard to create massive interest for the second reboot of a character who's last three films have ranged from shit to mediocre. However, the film hasn't opened in China or other regions yet, it's barely through half it's run, and it still has home video sales. Not to mention Marvel has already penciled in a sequel. Homecoming has succeeded in what it was trying to do; make a good Spider-Man film and strengthen the brand.

They picked a twink because they want Spider-boy. They aren't going to milk the actor for many sequels. They'll replace him with Miles before he graduates highschool.

Screencap this.

Morales is a bad character, replace parker by morales and it will be the end of the spider-man franchise. T

>It's doing even worse than ASM2
>no it's not
>b-b-but it still won't beat Spider-Man 3

Wait, this movie hasn't premiered in Japan yet? What gives?

>Homecoming had a budget of $175 million.

TASM2 had at least that much in its marketing budget on top of costing around seventy-five to a hundred million dollars more to make.

Even if it doesn't make another cent after only being out for four weeks and not released in some major markets, Homecoming has already made more money than either of the two TASM films.

If it performs along the same lines as most Marvel films do in China, it'll probably earn as much profit as those two films combined.

Beats me. I guess countries handle releases in accordance to what the local production companies are putting out, like China that postponed the release to promote better a Chinese production during the summer

Here in Italy GotG, a summer movie, was released IN OCTOBER. It was painful

This is undoubtedly Sony's fault. They're still in control of the marketing and we all know how good they are at that.