This could've been great

This could've been great.

Nazis fucking everything up isn't something new

I kind of wish it got better art for the miles vs. steve roger fight.

Instead, we now have retarded Spencerfags saying "I'm a huge Frankfag and Frank would totally work for genocidal and well-known villains just to catch small-time criminals".

Thanks, Nick Spencer. Now people think that all Frankfags are retarded.

Can we at least agree the Pymtron issue was the only good thing about this event?

HE'S TOTALLY GOING TO SAVE THE AVENGERS

It's just screaming to be an Elseworlds or a graphic novel series.

Honestly, what I expected and didn't get unfortunately, at least from the lead ups was that Cap would run a very different sort of Hydra. More totalitarian benevolent big brother than Nazi conspiracy. The sort of evil genius you could identify with if not agree with.

Like Dr. Doom. Latveria has universal education, health, almost no crime, and the people love Victor Von Doom. The only catch is universal omnipresent observation and loyal unquestioning obedience to Dr. Doom. The dark reflection of Captain America should have been American Excellence and humanitarianism combined with the trap of nationalistic jingoism. But instead of making it about Reagan era politics they made it about modern politics and ham fisted as shit

it is though

It's good but could've been so much more.

it's great full of twists and most of the tie-ins have been compelling/fun
what more can you ask for? less Champions I suppose but not much else

Less "Nazi Frank" would have been geat.

Those aren't his supporters, those were Marvel shills/interns.

oh you're just butthurt

A reminder that marvel can come up with good ideas then shit all over it upon execution

you guys ever think that they use Steve ad the embodiment of America is at the moment in our current history? Their "idea" of what America is turning into because of the election of trump? or am I giving them too much credit?

Punisher was always an asshole who used the very thin excuse of cleaning up crime to justify the fact that he's a remorseless serial killer

> Steve Rogers is portrayed as an evil fascist piece of shit.
> Odinson is pretty much portrayed as a spineless moron.
> Wanda is possessed by Chthon (which Odinson just seems to casually accept)and has had zero characterization, only speaking one line.
> Vision has been reduced to a machine, and his daughter seems to give 0 fucks about him. He's pretty much just a prop.

Meanwhile...

> Sam is the real Captain America.
> Miles Morales is a totally perfect hero and easily beats Hydra Cap.
> FemThor is heroic and selfless in contrast to Odinson being a useless idiot.
> The Champions are noble and cool and shit.
> Black Widow is Spencer's mouthpiece.

These things are outlined long before Trump.

> Black Widow is Spencer's mouthpiece.

What does that say about him when he ended up killing her?

Whor
Kamala
NuCarol duke hair

Into the trash

>Chitauri because fuck you

I had hoped they would realize how fucking stupid and shameless introducing them to 616 was, but guess i was wrong.

Its a Summer Event from modern Marvel.

It never had a chance of being good.

At least they gave Carol the body of a woman this time.

Infinity and Secret Wars were good.

I'm just here for Old Logan

I thought he was working with him because he promised to bring back all the dead, including his family.

Anyway, Frank is a massive Captain America fanboy.

QUADS OF FUCKING TRUTH

It could have. On paper there is nothing wrong with the premise: Cap gets altered by Hydra; Cap is given the keys to the most powerful defense equipment; Cap leads a Hydra coup. Sounds like the basis for a wicked awesome event/crossover.

In execution the whole thing is blown apart by S Y N E R G Y, awkwardly making the story revolve around the characters who are featured in the MCU; supporting characters being either brushed aside or written massively out of character, padding the story out way longer than the plot can stand for max moneys, and absolute garbage art.

>story revolve around the characters who are featured in the MCU

It's revolving around characters related to Cap, this is his story. Not every single event needs to revolve around X-Men.

Falcon, I'll give you, but Black Widow? 616 Natasha hadn't been prominent in anything in like 20 years before the movies came out, now she's one of the key players in this big dumb event, like that's coincidence?

Look at the miniseries--who's getting prominently featured with whole scenes of characterization? Iron Man, Falcon, Hawkeye, Widow, Hulk; Odinson, Scarlet Witch and Ant-Man (technically it's O'Grady but I don't think they ever even call him that) are also roped in as Cap's minions. The only character who's key to the story and has no equivalent in the MCU is Miles.

True, Pymtron is the only good thing about this.

Yeah, I'm pretty let down by this, I really liked Spencer's build up but this just doesn't do it for me. The biggest issue is that there's just too much going on and suffers from trying to push event tie-ins and as a result feels directionless.

>FemThor is heroic and selfless in contrast to Odinson being a useless idiot.

FemThor isn't even in the event you fucking reactionary.

the set-up was bland and boring, just like everything else Nick Spencer has written without Steve Lieber

so no, it couldn't have because it was poisoned from the start by a mediocre writer who Sup Forums thinks is better than he is.

What bugs me is that plot about the people stranded in space is even dumber that the main plot.
It all boils down to "Man, I wish Spencer's OC would wake up and instantly win this for us"

Adding to that, the characters who haven't popped up in the MCU yet (Jane!Thor, Carol) but are powerful enough they would have had to have a prominent role are conveniently out of the picture for the main series.

Even if Carol comes riding in with the cavalry at the end that's only furthering my point since she's the one with the big movie debut coming out soon.

No it couldn't have.

The entire build to the event was to drive the point home that Steve Rogers had always been a Hydra operative for 75 years for some stupid convoluted reason.

That reason being that Marvel was asshurt because their fossilized incontinence queen Hillary Clinton didn't win the election and that Trump's two platforms included outlawing gays and putting black people into concentration camps.

Maybe if someone at Marvel had an ounce of subtlety while making this the the political side of it might given the story actual resonance, but this bullshit company is so transparent that nobody with a brain was going to read this and think of it as anything other than liberal manchildren throwing a hissy fit.

Fuck Marvel and fuck Secret Empire.

The lead up to it was good but yeah the event is shit and less coherent even if it had some good ideas.

I'm guessing Editorial fucked it up what with all the backlash that it got.

>Marvel event
You are very wrong.

>Steve Rogers had always been a Hydra operative for 75 years for some stupid convoluted reason

Way to prove you don't read comics.

>replying to Sup Forums bait

You can't convince me that they planned this from the start.

>Peter Parker is advertised in nearly all the covers.
>Instead we get a bunch of Miles wanking.
I'm sick of this shitty character.

>last page twist for issue one
>plan to return to status quo

It was either something like this or killing Steve, I believe it. The book is already a clusterfuck of different artists anyways.

Yeah, I suspect this whole sequence with having some "lost part" of Steve was shoehorned in after the bad reaction. They're trying to make it REALLY CLEAR now that Cap was never really Hydra and still isn't in his true blue heart of hearts or whatever.

As a "What If" series.

Shut up Whedon.

ABC even had to put out a press release ensuring people that Steve would be back to normal after the event finished.

Because people are fucking idiots who don't get how comics work.

In the Avengers issue solely focused on her, she is portrayed as selfless and noble.

Odinson meanwhile, is a total pussy.

>alt-reich nazi fanwank

no it couldnt

This.png

Wait, was the bring back his family bit real? Cause I think that was a plot point in a punisher series that spencer wrote where he fights the Hood. The Hood ends up bringing back a bunch of people from the dead and Frank still doesn't take his offer when the Hood points out he can revive his family

It means he wants to make Steve look like even more of a piece of shit.

all Frankfags are retarded

Also dressed Tigra up like a sleeveless black panther.