Honestly, is this one of the worst looking animated movies of all time? Not even accounting for the animation...

Honestly, is this one of the worst looking animated movies of all time? Not even accounting for the animation, but the art alone is so fucking awful.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4e-wuyjgDPQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

postem

Why would you say that?

This is what happens when a hack animator/cartoonist tries to mimic the artstyle of 1940's cartoons.

It would be funnier if he was flipped in the other direction.

>Dan Haskett
>Hack

I wish Sup Forums didn't shoot from the hip so much.

It kind-of looks like intentionally groteseque parody animation. Like if this was part of a Venture Bros or Ren and Stimpy adaption of the same source material.

Far from it. Foodfight and Felix the Cat will never be topped.

If it were tightened a bit better and not rushed, it would be more pleasant to look at.

The problem with Brandt era Tom and Jerry is that it's too fast paced to let things set in. It's been like that since the Nutcracker.

>Foodfight and Felix the Cat will never be topped

youtube.com/watch?v=4e-wuyjgDPQ

this aired on tv, user

>Two Disney animators worked on this movie

well they can't be expected to carry the entire film

I don't think so. I've seen plenty of movies that looked worse.

some of the animation was actually really impressive, there just wasn't any quality control

like they did every part of the process exactly once and if they fucked it up then they used it anyway because they had a deadline to meet

I want to know more

>Honestly, is this one of the worst looking animated movies of all time? Not even accounting for the animation, but the art alone is so fucking awful.

Nigga this isn't even in the bottom 100 for either animation quality or style.

It's because they outsource the animation to the lowest asian bidder, the character concepts and layouts are typically great looking, but the final animated result looks like shit because apparently the cheapest animators you can find are not particularly good.

As an example here's some of the layout art from 'Tom and Jerry Back to Oz'

Those screenshots were from Kiara the Brave. The movie is also called by the name Super K. The creators have uploaded it on youtube if you want to see it.
Mockbusters and ripoffs have the worst animation I've ever seen. Ugly CGI models or lazy Flash tweening, like with Video Brinquedo movies. Dingo Pictures films are barely even animated.
Delgo, Foodfight and Sir Billi are probably the worst animations where the creators actually had ambition and tried hard to make something worthwhile, but failed.
Out of 2D animations, I have particular dislike for Secret of NIMH 2 and Balto 2. They've got a pretty bad drop in quality compared to the first movie.

This Tom & Jerry movie seems to have some weird faces that have quickly become popular reaction images, but I don't think the art looks bad enough to qualify as all-time worst animation.

This is CG though and CG is always bad.
In fact, CG is the bizarro animation that only rarely looks good.

What scene is this from?

This is Warner Brother ...
So what is next?
What about
Tom & Jerry & The Lord of the Rings
They could be on every fight saving the day by accident with their slapstick.

And at the end they get on the ship to get to the other side of the sea

>this aired on tv

I hope the person who allowed that to air was fired...upon by an execution squad.

>all those koreans

christ.

Where The Dead Go To Die still exists, you know. Even though it looks shitty on purpose, its' animation is still technically worse than pretty much anything other than Foodfight and

>those beautiful concept pieces
imagine if warner bros actually put effort into a 2D animated film for once

>try to watch Foodfight
Will everyone PLEASE just stop moving. Never mind the amateur models and murky textures, I just want the spastic jiggling to stop for one second. I feel like I'm having a vicarious stroke just watching this.

It was all Scientology money laundering

Such is the curse of rotoscoping/motion capture.

Bolivar's bizarre adventure looks worse