Can we finally admit that the Punisher is a shit person and often times much worse than the people he hunts?

Can we finally admit that the Punisher is a shit person and often times much worse than the people he hunts?

He's easily one of the most active serial killers in the marvel universe and the amount of people that don't understand it accept that is hilarious.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/c1aHYOyRphE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He provides an indispensable service to the community, some motherfuckers need to die sooner rather than later.

Has he ever gotten raped in prison?

Damn he is fucking ripped
I don't think anyone agrees that he is a nice person, he is a killer, a morally good killer but a killer nonetheless. That's why i like it, he doesn't pretend to be a nice guy.
Kinda like Judge Dredd

I think most people accept that here OP.

People 'joke' that he's killed enough people to be considered a cause of death

The thing I don't like is his wierd position in setting. Lots of heroes know him and call him Frank. You know when he is just a gun toting, baseline or peak human serial killer. He seems way too important in some regards.

But also he still uses normal guns too much. He should be constantly going after low level tech bad guys, raiding advanced tech etc to have a edge. Because he is just a human. What if some crime boss surprises him by hiring Rhino or the Wrecking Crew. He is fucked if he doesn't have some hefty plot sheilds. The Batman problem.

There was a time he had like an Ant-Man helmet and Spider-Man webshooters. It was really awesome.

I bet you think serial killers don't deserve the death penalty

Yeah but that should be all The time.

What issues?

Because the entire point of Punisher is that he's a regular man fighting regular criminals with regular means. Anything else just makes him a cartoonist super hero

A real life Punisher would be a great thing.

Frank should be killed, yes

Can we finally admit that any thread that opens with the phrase
>>Can we finally admit that
is almost always some combination of shitty bait, or some politically minded retard making stupid inflammatory statements? In any case, the thread means it's clearly punisher time.

Who's doing that thing where he steals or Rhodey's war machine armor?

Life is too good for that cocksucker

How was the OP either of those things

Hi Whedon. Have you whipped yourself enough today for being a white male?

Holy shit he's ripped. I want to lick his biceps

Delicious manpits

Needs more body hair

that was always part of the plan

Punisher doesn't suck because of his character, he sucks because no one outside of Ennis cares about writing him well. There should be a running undercurrent of sadness and futility to Frank. He's a tragic character,not a thrill killer or a power fantasy.

>That part from the Max run where he has a dream where he mows down criminals, then bystanders, until the entire world is in flames, and sees his wife and kids standing there.
>"It doesn't matter, Frank.
>We're still dead."

He always has them, he keeps them and other supertech stocked for emergencies.

Up is down, Black is White had so many great single pages

>Daddy as fuck
Clearly someone was looking at a Bara mag or two when drawing this.

You can wait. We'll take the hunk as is

Ennis' version is essentially a serial killer who uses his dead family as an excuse. Born makes it explicitly clear that combat and killing is the way he prefers to live. You're also forgetting that MAX and 616 Frank are different people.

Why did Frank try sniping Captain America in the book where Ultimate Spiderman dies? Is Ult Cap really that much of a cunt?

>Jailed for life
That's it?
Really?
Fuck that man, he should be tortured every morning for evil act like that.

Yes, holy shit.

They actually shouldn't because it's exactly what they want.

>a morally good killer

What?

Cloonan's run has been really good so far. But I'll agree, a lot of writers (Cloonan included) make the Punisher a little too one dimensional. Which is easy to do, but there is some nuance there to be explored if a writer works hard enough for it.

Cap was a cunt
So was Punisher
Pete was the only noncunt, then he came back, and was a bit of a cunt.

Don't be ridiculous. That's not the point of the Punisher.

Did he go to the same gym as Chris Redfield?

Death is an escape, and and easy way out.

No, the worst crimes should be punished by life in prison. Your agency completely stripped from you. You're told when to eat, when to sleep, when to shit. You have no control over yourself or anything involving you. You wake up, you eat, you shit, you sleep. You try to find something, anything to fill the void in your life but there is nothing because you have no choice. You're not in some minimum security day camp. You're in max.

If you think death is a bigger punishment then that, then you have never truly suffered.

Don't try to act dumb, you know what i mean.

That's a fucking fanservice pose if I ever seen one.

>Ennis' version is essentially a serial killer who uses his dead family as an excuse.

Wrong. His "excuse" is wanting to punish the really bad criminals. Truly he just wants to wage war.

You're being vindictive, which is a big fault of the American Justice System.

If you think a criminal is redeemable, they should be kept away from society u til they are rehabilitated. If you think a criminal is irredeemable, then they should be removed from society permanently so they can do no more harm. Anything more than that is just lizard brain, id pleasing "vengence" which accomplishes nothing aside from giving a few people a smug sense of self righteousness.

>Your agency completely stripped from you. You're told when to eat, when to sleep, when to shit. You have no control over yourself or anything involving you. You wake up, you eat, you shit, you sleep. You try to find something, anything to fill the void in your life but there is nothing because you have no choice.

Sounds like regular life to me.

Unfortunately that is countered by the fact that these people are never alone, have contacts outside waiting for, are protected inside by their people and theprison has to obey human rights despite them not bring one.

Is this you??

youtu.be/c1aHYOyRphE

After the whole incident with his 8 million dollar assault vehicle, I think Frank strays away from the high price high tech stuff

>boulder punching routine

Why do people are always quick to point out how the remorseless edgy killers of the 90s suck, and yet they give Punisher a pass ?
Even though they throw fits whenever Batman kills someone as well.

I can't think of any other characters that get a pass for murder like The Punisher does

I doubt Frank is ever worse than the mafia, drug cartels, super villains or pedophiles.
He's certainly worse than other serial killers, but at least his targets generally deserve it.

>but Punisher is a serial killer too!
>a serial killer who kills other serial killers while those serial killers kill Innocents

Eh

If you kill your enemies, they win.
If you kill a killer, the number of killers in the world remains the same

>If you kill a killer, the number of killers in the world remains the same
That saying doesn't really work if there's more than one killer you're killing.

I don't really like the way they use Punisher in the Marvel Universe. In some cases he can go toe to toe with highly trained martial artists like black Widow or even Daredevil. Other times he gets knocked out by C class villains. His stories are repetitive and overall boring since its the same plot over and over again. The most interesting one was the Slavers. Although that was interesting for a different reason.

What they really need to do is make Punisher the guy everyone in the hero community goes to when their villain has something so ungodly and irredeemable. Have him and shield build this reppore with him being the boogeyman that will literally gut anyone who crosses the line in the hero/villain game.

>Hero has been raped
Frank gets called in to deep fry his dick

>A couple of Z class villains team up and start mindlessly murding people in New York only to get captured and possibly escape again
Frank is called in, breaks them out and has the family of the people they killed butcher them

>Arcade kills teenagers in a Hunger Games-esque only to be let go in the most anticlimactic and unsatisfying ending ever?
Have Hazmat come to Frank years later to hunt down Arcade and brutally tear him limb for limb. Even have Frank totally ignore Arcade's game room by blowing up the building.

Lets see how they do with Warmachine Frank. I have no idea what direction they're going in but it better more interesting than another Cartel take down.

except more often than not hes just killing low level mooks who at worst sold some drugs to people.

cool in comics, bit I'm against vigilantism irl for 3 main reasons
it's a slippery slope
there's a poont where tprture becomes inhumane (yes, I don't care who it's done to, point is YOU did it)
the off chance that you killed an innocent man which is worse

that said, I'd have no sympathy if this guy got shanked in jail.

Its Mexico. Mexico REALLY REALLY loves the criminals. Like sucks their dick hardcore loves.

>If you kill a killer, the number of killers in the world remains the same

The Punisher always only counts as 1 killer though. So if he kills 10 killers, the amount of killers in the world is reduced by 9.

this is why I find it hard to label things as EDGE in fiction. don't really see it being edge if it's just as likely to be done (and has probably been done) irl

The Punisher's superpower is that every fucking rad brutal bloodtastic murder spree he goes on happens to be conveniently morally justified beyond the shadow of a doubt.

those killers each had three people who cared about them. they each go on to become killers themselves while seeking revenge. number of killers has gone up. not to mention the endless parade of copycats he inspires

Not all killing is unjust
It's retarded to think that removing scum makes you the same as the scum you removed because there's a stark difference between doing something to protect yourself and others and doing something out of sheer malevolence. We are not a righteous race, we are not a noble people, we are humans trying to survive and we will never have utopia. We do what we need to to ensure that others don't suffer those who have no qualms using any means they can to make others suffer. Period

>one of those murdersprees involve Spiderman getting killed and quickly replaced by a better Spiderman
huh

that's stupid and you're stupid

AHAHAHAHA

>Nu-marvel tumblr artists still can't draw guns
>Firearms that look more retarded than The fallout 3 shotgun
I don't know if i should be impressed or disappointed

shut up justin

Chara >>> Asriel

This.

>everyone will seek revenge slippery slope autism

Not everyone loves and cherishes family that they know are murdering scum. We have killed many a criminal with families that merely want to keep from being known as those people related to a psychopath who killed innocent people

>Now, Baldrick, suppose we kill two killers...

Lol no, do you think the family of killers actually defends them? You are delusional if you think so. They have their lives ruined for being associated to them, and even more for being related.
4/10 Bait. You kinda blew it in the end.

Read Slavers and tell me he isn't doing Gods work.

When he's written well he's absolutely fucking amazing - but then you have cockfags like Whedon who have him do real dumb shit.

>unironically trying to justify this viewpoint
You know I made this post as a joke, right ?
Why does Sup Forums fall for bait so fucking easily ?

This is a 10 year old comic. Tumblr was 3 months old when this was published, and probably didn't even exist when it was drawn. Fucking kill yourself you gigantic faggot casual.

Right that's why John Wayne Gacy's family became the roving serial killer group called "the Carnival of Death" after he was executed

No but there was a MAX issue where a woman who was obsessed with him handcuffs him to a bed and rapes him and then blows her brains out ontop of him.

if you one kill 1 person the entire human race becomes revenge killers. gg punisher fangays

So we should let murderers continue to murder.

You are a fucking idiot.

Why do gunfags get so fucking triggered? The camera in the back isn't photorealistic either, why aren't you up in arms about that?

You could almost say they need to learn... better trigger discipline.

>"the Carnival of Death"
>up in arms

I'm more concerned by the fact that the camera view on the billboard is wrong, it looks like the camera is mounted on a helicopter and not on the guy on the left

The Punisher isn't a hero though.
He's a villain.

>He's easily one of the most active serial killers in the marvel universe and the amount of people that don't understand it accept that is hilarious.- 78 posts and 7 image replies shown.
As long he does that solely to criminals there's really no problem.

i think he works best when he is fighting normal criminals with normal means, like in the punisher MAX.

>triggered
>up in arms

>Both were me
D'aw thanks guy

She wasn't raping him it was consentual and she wasn't obsessed, she was inspired by him because he killed her abusive mobster husband so she became a femme punisher and killed the wives of mobsters

That sounds pretty hot.

I'm surprised nobody shoped this.

>it was consensual
Lol whut I thought he had been knocked out by the baddies and came to with her riding his dick?

I'm fine with removing someone from society if they're incompatible with it in every way,or pose a great threat if they were too escape like most supervillains, but torture is always wrong no matter who it's being done too.

It absolutely was not consensual

It absolutely was.

Fuck off Whedon. Don't you have super hero movies to ruin?

37° is more like lukewarm, though.

I would fucking LOVE some "What if?" scenarios like say, Gwen dies at the hands of Goblin, and Peter completely loses his shit to the point the rest of the Avengers make the decision to call Frank to kill Osborne to save Spidey's public image.

>OP

>i think he works best when he is fighting normal criminals with normal means, like in the punisher MAX

Absolutely this. The best depiction of The Punisher is outside of the regular Marvel universe (that is, without superheroes around).

Ennis did Punisher right, and knew how to best explore the concept behind the character, in a more or less realistic setting.

When you put punisher next to regular capes, it gets ridiculously stupid trying to justify why he's still around at all.

man, fuck this page.

bitch almost died and her lover only cares for what she is wearing.

Has Frank been replaced with a precocious black girl yet?

ennis pointed it out often