Is a criminal

>is a criminal
>attempts to buy guns from other criminals
>boo boo these guns are too powerful I have a nephew

This nigga goes around sticking people up yet alien weapons are above his moral code?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-MLn78dfPR4
youtu.be/wXwPtP-KDNk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah they really do gloss over the fact he was looking to buy guns to kill people.

He's for American made weapons
fucking intergalitic foreign weapons

Yes? Most people committing robberies aren't looking to kill people. The common phrase is literally "I want your money, not your life".

He said he wanted a gun to stick people up. He wanted to rob places, not just go around killing people. You don't need an alien death cannon for something like that.

This is true but its still possible something goes wrong and he ends up letting off a shot and either way he's a criminal just like the criminals that used the alien weapons to rob a bank. They also weren't trying to kill people

>he's a criminal but its OK, he only wanted to commit crime a certain way and his stance was by no means hypocritical still

Look, he's gonna be Prowler okay? We needed to know the base version of his background so people can know what his deal is in Homecoming 2

>criminals have a moral code
doubt (x)

>points a gun at someone
>but it's okay because they would rather rob than kill them :)
???

You dont kill kids. thats been known for a while. you let them kill themselves

Yeah there is such a thing as nuance, how about that?

Yeah, but the end result of firing a handgun is a lot smaller scale and more controlled than blowing up an entire sandwich shop.

>All crime is exactly as bad as all other crime
Right, that's why we give out life sentences for every possible offense.

thats the entire reason of pointing the gun and not just shooting and taking.

>either way he's a criminal

I assume plenty will have this logic but it actually makes a lot of sense, if I just needed some food or some money and yet someone offered me an alien cannon, I'd probably say no, fuck that, the CIA is gonna show up at my door tomorrow. You are getting way in over your head.

I DID NOT see the movie tho

This is very true actually. Many criminals have a code, it helps instill discipline and creates a community with certain circles. There are also crimes that even hardened criminals despise and they go out of their way to hurt those who commit them like pedophiles and rapists whom are targeted frequently in prison because their crimes are considered heinous even to other criminals

You can hold people up with a fucking purple glow in the dark alien gun without firing it. Either way a weapon is a weapon and depending on who wields it people can die. He's trying to make it seem like he's a less dangerous criminal but in reality he isn't

Criminals are people, and most people like to imagine themselves justified in their actions one way or another. Usually with criminals, they draw lines in the sand so they can think "I may be a criminal, but at least I never X".

>okay
Nobody is saying robberies are okay and you know that. You're being deliberately obtuse.

Umm possession of an unlicensed firearm and armed robbery can and does lead to a life sentence sometimes

>dindu nuffin

So your first thought is to rob someone instead of getting a job? This is why we still don't have sympathy because your logic is stupid.

When has this thread been about morals or saying its okay to rob people? It's about common fucking sense. He wants to stick people up and run away, how is a giant laser cannon that can destroy an entire cruise ship if you drop it by accident gonna help him rob a convenience store?

>Yeah they really do gloss over the fact he was looking to buy guns to kill people.
>>dindu nuffin
He was a good boy

Historically, people using knives have usually faced shorter sentences than people using guns. Someone using a handgun would similarly probably face a shorter sentence than someone using a laser death cannon.

"A weapon is a weapon" but there's already legal acknowledgment that some weapons are more weapon than others.

But what if you can't get a job because of your criminal record?

Why not buy a model gun if he's 100 percent certain he's not gonna shoot someone?

>Is a criminal
>Attempts to steal a van
>Boo boo this van is full of explosives I ain't a Muslim terrorist

This Guantanamo Bay prisoner goes around causing Grand Theft Auto yet a van full of explosives are above his moral code?

That's not the point.
Acting like it's unrealistic or unreasonable for a person to be willing to rob someone but unwilling to kill someone because "hey it's all crime" like it's "in for a penny, in for a pound" is reductive.

Because he may not be. All we can know is he seems to be certain he doesn't need to blow up buildings.

That's just retarded. There's no way he's gonna find a shady model gun dealer so that the gun doesn't get traced back to him, and if anybody calls him out on it or has a gun of their own, he's dead.

Even if he planned on not killing anyone, he'd still probably shoot someone if he was in a difficult situation, like if an old man bumped into him after he robbed somebody and started saying some stupid shit about responsibility.

You can hold people up with a tank as well, doesn't mean you would want to.

I agree with you my problem is with him saying "I have a nephew I don't want these on the streets"

People he holds up are someone's nephews. Fuck him

>head to home depot to buy a spade so I can grow some plants in the backyard
>guy keeps trying to sell me a track-hoe

nigga I'm just trying to grow some tomatoes not dig up my foundation, how don't people get this?

Because it's still a crime, it's called crime because it's against the law and breaking the law warrants punishment. The point is that you should never commit said crime in the first place.

>>This nigga goes around sticking people up yet alien weapons are above his moral code?
Those same weapons blew up a street corner and destroyed his favorite sandwich shop. He's a cat burglar who, ideally, never has to hurt anyone but needs some extra protection incase things go sour. Alien super weapons can blow up buildings.

I don't have a problem with people buying handguns or rifles, but I don't want people buying rocket launchers, sniper rifles, and heavy-duty assault rifles. Same principle but applied to a cape universe.

So why is Uncle Prowler being set up as a sympathetic dindu? He's pretty scummy in the comics.

Because he doesn't want to shoot people, he's not certain he won't. If he gets a fake gun, all it takes is one person pointing it out and he is likely to get beaten to death by angry victims, just having a working gun allows him to stay in a position of power.

>ideally

See there you fucking go. Ideally dont mean shit in the streets when you're sticking people up. Even if you're right what if one day he just stops giving a fuck and starts dropping bodies?

>This nigga goes around sticking people up yet alien weapons are above his moral code?

Yeah, there really is a ranking when it comes to crime.

Drug dealers tend to be at the top. After all, most of the time, they're just selling people what they want. They just want to run a business.

Next are usually burglars. They take from people, but they don't physically harm or even threaten anyone. They seek to avoid conflict.

Then you have your armed robbers. They steal and use threats of force, but they generally want to avoid hurting people and the threat is simply a threat.

Then you have your murderers. Generally considered assholes, cold blooded killers, dangerously unstable, etc. But you don't fuck with them too much because they're willing to kill.

And at the bottom are the sexual predators. These guys get shit from everyone else because they're considered to violate people in a way that taking their money (and sometimes taking their life) doesn't. Also, a lot of sexual predators prey on people significantly weaker than them: kids, women, and the elderly so they're considered wimps as well.

>is a criminal
>swings around performing vigilante justice
>his efforts cause shops and barges to get blown up
>boo hoo I want to be an unpaid child soldier

It's nigger logic, don't expect it to make any sense.

Like I said, that's reductive.
Nobody here is arguing in favor of crime, but most everyone else is able to acknowledge that not all crime is equally severe.

The difference, and let me state I am not defending someone who was planning on mugging people, if alien guns get pushed on the streets, and become popular for petty felonies like muggings, it could have a much more dreadful result. Some guy could be trying to break into a car and misuses an alien weapon and blows up a school bus that was driving by. A normal gun is bad, but it has very minimal collateral damage, where as we saw the kind of shit those alien weapons can do when they malfunction or are used wrong.

So many things either went wrong or were destroyed because Pete stuck his nose in it. The property damage alone is hilarious

OK? What does that fucking have to do with his complaint. No one is saying he isn't a criminal or even that he isn't a killer. But there's a line between stock-and-standard robberies and using alien-tech super weapons that blow up buildings. He's a burglar, not a terrorist. It's perfectly reasonable that he wouldn't want people running around using weapons that, if mishandled, could level a building where someone he cares for is in.

I doubt gangsters living in the hood want terrorists with bombs strapped to their chests jihading up their neighborhoods even if it's the same neighborhood they do drive-bys in.

There's a huge difference between:
>I want a gun so I can rob people and maybe survive a shoot-out if things go sour
And:
>I want people running around blowing up buildings, evaporating anyone they come across, and leveling neighborhood all willy-nilly

What if one day he decides to not rob someone and become an honest worker. What ifs are pointless in an argument.

It kinda has to happen that way for JJJ.

> He's never unknowingly committed what the laws of his country,region,state, country, or federal government consider a crime
Good thing you dont read comics you dont pay for

he states his reason straight up, he just wants to stick people up not kill them
he also has a nephew and does not want incredibly dangerous weapons in his hood, a pistol is not gonna ruin the whole neighborhood unless you go wild, a kalashnikov is gonna cause some serious trouble, and an alien blaster is going to cause ruin a whole street corner

not to mention that if he runs around with an alien death gun, people are gonna start packign alien death guns to defend themselves, and this leads to a neighborhood that is full of alien death guns

he just wants to stick people up, its a crime of necessity, he does not want to cause anymore trouble than is necessary

he is not evil, he is not some super villain, just someone who needs to feed his family and has no interest in packing the deadliest weapons available

>So why is Uncle Prowler being set up as a sympathetic dindu? He's pretty scummy in the comics.

Same reason why there's sympathetic criminals and asshole heroes in plenty of comic universes.

Also consider this movie where the Vulture is considerably more sympathetic than in the comics.

And in the older movies, Doc Oc is made to be sympathetic as was Sandman and the Lizard.

Frank?

>unpaid
Sure about that?

>all of a sudden all the racists on Sup Forums want to defend street crime

What happened to screaming dindu and we wiz kings?

>He wanted to rob places, not just go around killing people

Is that supposed to make things better?

There have been a few "dindu" posts already. Use ctrl+f.

> just someone who needs to feed his family

Well then he should have gotten his hands on alien technology, started robbing the Avengers, disintegrating guys by accident so he can buy a million dollar house in New York and send his daughter to an expensive school.

And then try to act like he's the little guy.

?>people that do stick ups never kill people

Guys are you serious? This is literally the reason uncle Ben dies in both raimi and amazing

Yes.

Would you rather be robbed or killed?
"lmao neither" is not an option.

street crime is not acceptable

but the people who commit them are humans like the rest of us, and the crime is often not their fault, being driven there by circumstances beyond their control
they are often just as much victims as they are perpetrators, and are a symptom of a deeper problem rather than being a cause in and of themselves

most people have no desire to cause harm without provocation, and dont want to cause anymore problems than it is worth

treating criminals as humans rather than as some impersonal force is the first step to stopping it, and simply treating them as scum will cause a self-fulfilling prophecy where your foul treatment causes them to behave that way

I don't see it as all that unrealistic. I know that they're going to stuff some asininine morality shit in here.

Criminal morality isn't that strong, and it's more based on punishment.
To simplify,
>If I run around on the streets with some star trek gun, Nick fury will send my black ass to space guantanamo bay.

Criminals want small, cheap disposable guns that they can throw away if they have to shoot someone. Now, some of the ALSO want big flashy gold plated deagles that would put a counter strike skin trader to shame. I would imagine OP's character would also not buy landmines, grenade launchers, bazookas, or anti tank weapons, becaus they're not what he's looking for.

>I'm hungry, I better go get a job so I can buy food in a week on payday

>The common phrase is literally "I want your money, not your life".

No it isn't
Not even remotely
The most common phrase is "GIB ME DA FUGGIN MONIES BITCH O IMA CAP YOU CRACKER ASS"
Followed by gunshots

>crime is bad
>some crimes are worse
>but crime is still bad
ad infinitum

Nuke this thread.

how about you go get robbed at gunpoint and then decide if you'd rather let the guy take your wallet or kill you

He wasn't looking to kill people

I understand that you don't get this character because he's emblematic of 90's rap

youtube.com/watch?v=-MLn78dfPR4

You can get free food fucking everywhere if you ask politely and look like you need it. The amount of good food that gets just thrown in the garbage in America is ridiculous.
If you think criminals steal "to get food" you're some fucking delusional rich faggot.

What? You can buy a model gun that look 100% the part from anywhere on the internet. if the intent is to never get caught how the fuck would a real 'untraceable gun' help him in a city of probably hundreds of thousands of weebs who buy replica guns to pretend to be Revolver Ocelot?

And people tend to fucking die if you shoot them, even a leg shot can make someone bleed out in minutes while ambulances are stuck in traffic.

I don't think I'm making the choice to get robbed at gunpoint tho. Why would my morals be under question? :/

>rape is worse then death

Neither is a perfectly acceptable answer. You stupid nigger.

>Why would my morals be under question? :/

Are you thick?

>he actually thinks this
They see a victim who they can beat the shit out of scott free, not becasue they finds the crimes abhorrent but becasue they are bored.

To be fair, the alien tech and Stark tech made heavy collateral damage really easy to have happen on accident. I mean hell, look at the elevator scene, boat scene, bank robbery, and chase right after initially meeting this guy. Now imagine a city where every thug decided that one of these would be a great idea to use. Or gang wars with the laser cutters and death beams. Guy was a crook, but hey, some shit is just too likely to wreck everything to want on the streets, you know?

Neither is not an acceptable answer. It's deliberately refusing to acknowledge the actual discussion.

His hang up was that he didn't want to be up selled. The weapon was more than likely one of the higher end options they had so the most expensive. He didn't want to spend that much money when what he was gonna do with it could be accomplished with the cheaper option.

Also his justification was that he like sandwiches that Mr Panucci sold or at least it was his second option after the more bread shop. Purely self interested.

Also there's no such thing as righteousness and justification. The feeling of hypocrisy that shows up when someone uses it to explain their actions is gonna consistently show up every time because no one is truely just, everyone is working for their self interest .

Fellow cranklucas fan?

It's not a moral problem it's a practical problem, you can misfire a handgun and hit lil Miles apartment and the entire building isn't going to collapse on him like an ayy lmao laser.

But sticking somebody up with a gun and making them fear for their life isn't as below killing someone as you're making it out to be. That could scar someone for life.

Yes it is.

>Just gonna ignore the part where he agrees to help Spider-Man and explicitly states he's doing so out of concern for his nephew

>Also there's no such thing as righteousness and justification. The feeling of hypocrisy that shows up when someone uses it to explain their actions is gonna consistently show up every time because no one is truely just, everyone is working for their self interest .

Don't cut yourself.

>wouldn't beat the shit out of a pedophile or a rapist if given the chance

You are a massive faggot

You can also misfire and hit miles directly or fire and have a stray hit miles

I guess that's really exactly the level of argument I should've expected.

And that shit was being distributed by the Vulture's gang. They've killed more people and performed more crime than this guy. They've also gotten a lot wealthier doing it.

And the Vulture is supposed to be sympathetic.

You do know that many prisoners have families and children right? When they see a person known for sexually assaulting children and women, they're going to be very mad....

In the comic Prowler doesn't give a shit and blackmails Miles into fighting gangsters for him.

Eductional material on gunshot wounds

youtu.be/wXwPtP-KDNk

Who is talking about comic prowler? He isn't the one that said the line of dialogue we're discussing probably because he's actually competent

And those shots will only hit Miles. On a very rare occasion it may go through Miles and hit someone else, it miss Miles and hit someone else, the point is, if said gun was a glowing alien gun, Miles and half the building he's in along with anyone else in it, are decimated.

I've blown out many a caliberfag with that video but it still doesn't change there is absolutely no reason to buy a gun to rob people unless you had intent of potentially killing or maiming someone. It's not a fucking toy or a phaser that can be set to stun

The world isn't black and white, everyone has lines that they won't cross.

His line happens to be weapons of mass destruction being bought by more depraved criminals that can level entire buildings and kill 1000s of people. What's so hard to understand?

The criminal who is confronted by the masked criminal beater wants to appear sympathetic? How passing strange.

It's not really about his moral code, it's about the very real and literal consequences of collateral damage. He just wants to stick people up- doing that with a regular gun, worst case scenario, one or more people involved in the stickup get killed. It doesn't escalate above local law enforcement, and that's if the cops get involved at all. Using one of those alien guns, though? There's a very good chance you could blow up an entire city block, attracting the attention of New York's superpeople, and that's the kind of heat NO ONE really needs.

That was Vulture's whole point, you'll recall- the only reason they were able to stay in business as long as they were was by staying under the radar with their alien tech. The minute they started using it in a more overt way, it attracted the attention of bigger players, which was exactly what Vulture wanted to avoid, and is what Prowler's alluding to.

That's not what people are saying and you're being intentionally obtuse just to justify continuing this argument. Just because someone does stick-ups in back alleys doesn't mean they're a serial killer. Just because someone robs a convenience store doesn't mean they're a terrorist trying to blow up neighborhoods.

Yeah, but the Vulture is white.

>He a gud boi he brought dos guns fo church

>The common phrase is literally "I want your money, not your life".
AHAHAHAHAHA Do you seriously believe this? If you point a gun at somebody you make it clear if they don't do what you want you kill them and then take their stuff.

If you don't want to kill you steal, not rob people you fucking faggott.

I want Sup Forums and Sup Forums to leave. Your faggotry is making this board unreadable

>If you don't want to kill you steal, not rob people you fucking faggott.
By that logic, robbery at gunpoint doesnt exist. You must be really fucking retarded to think that but apparently you wrote the book on it