Obscure, Forgotten and Rarely talked about Cartoons thread

Obscure, Forgotten and Rarely talked about Cartoons thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hyGlrGu3lgA
youtube.com/watch?v=M_i-1A8FfCA&list=PL4E272D49F6209D23
youtube.com/watch?v=417mjO3HsRA
youtube.com/watch?v=PFUwJGqJCx8
youtube.com/watch?v=1lusqh96YmU&list=PLQox5F_dN2TIrita3-Rh71l1BTfAz26nf
youtu.be/F1Ddg0tIEEA
youtube.com/watch?v=xHFbw5UVoBs
youtube.com/watch?v=3RANmDKxYz0
youtube.com/watch?v=hfc-p1x8aC0
youtube.com/watch?v=k7seudTEAu0
youtube.com/watch?v=kHL4sDXXgOk&list=PLrWINN1k9HcciQG6sqxVwOLWKE3YJhMbi
youtube.com/watch?v=Xv-HwaYhypk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronin_Warriors
youtube.com/watch?v=mD9i39GENWU
youtube.com/watch?v=DOUPH3x98nQ
youtube.com/watch?v=KgiCWEgUW7Y
youtube.com/watch?v=pFz2ElerHnM
youtube.com/watch?v=U-mG2SVyqk8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Time Squad
youtube.com/watch?v=hyGlrGu3lgA

Atomic Betty
youtube.com/watch?v=M_i-1A8FfCA&list=PL4E272D49F6209D23

Skunk Fu
youtube.com/watch?v=417mjO3HsRA

NIghtmare Ned
youtube.com/watch?v=PFUwJGqJCx8

Or basically almost every show from Jetix

I never see anyone talk about this.

I'm still mad that cartoon wasn't more popular. It was good.

Holy shit I had totally forgotten about this show.
youtube.com/watch?v=1lusqh96YmU&list=PLQox5F_dN2TIrita3-Rh71l1BTfAz26nf

>tfw too intelligent for inner-demons

I completely agree, they fucked it over really hard in a lot of ways, basically never gave it a chance. It was so good too.

MTV had some great cartoons back in the day.

Mike Lu and Og
youtu.be/F1Ddg0tIEEA
this was only ever on at super weird hours.

Might as well add Aeon Flux to this, although that's one that most people seem to know about (but haven't actually watched) The best part about Aeon Flux is that unlike the typical portrayal of the hot action babe, she wasn't nigh untouchable. Her often brutal death scenes were some of the best parts of the series.

The Life and Times of Juniper Lee
youtube.com/watch?v=xHFbw5UVoBs
High tier waifu material yet nobody ever talks about this show.

If Taarna had died the way Aeon Flux often does Heavy Metal would have been one of my favorite animated features of all time, easily. Instead it felt like total blue balls after all those other dark endings, which at the time made it stand out for me as I was so used to seeing the hero always win. Then along comes unstoppable T&A to restore the status quo and inadvertently rescue the innocent little girl. Boring.

6teen
youtube.com/watch?v=3RANmDKxYz0
speaking of waifu material, I had a crush on the redhead on this show in highschool. There's never been much good r34 of any of these characters though.

youtube.com/watch?v=hfc-p1x8aC0
This is maybe the ugliest cartoon I've ever seen in my life, in every way.

That's enough edgy MTV shit though. Here's something even more obscure.

Yeah, Aeon Flux had a weird art style. It was a fun show, though. It's just nothing like the typical brainless shit you found peppered throughout the early to mid 2000s

Never heard of it

Stole my choice. I would throw Phantom 2040 in there just because Peter Chung did the character design for it all.

Have you heard of this one?

Arabian Knights
youtube.com/watch?v=k7seudTEAu0
Don't know if I've ever seen this show mentioned here.

That bird looks familiar. I think I must have seen this as a young kid.

Mentioned only a handful of time on Sup Forums before

Did you know there was a spin-off of Totally Spies?
The Amazing Spiez!
youtube.com/watch?v=kHL4sDXXgOk&list=PLrWINN1k9HcciQG6sqxVwOLWKE3YJhMbi

Here's one I never see anyone talk about, ever. No exaggeration. Ronin Warriors: a western adaptation of some relatively obscure anime, similar to Voltron or Robotech but garnering way less attention than either. I vaguely remember enjoying it as a kid, though I rarely caught it airing on broadcast TV.

Forgot the image.
Some good r34 potential with this show, as with it's main series.

Upn produced high quality shows madeline, mr magoo, gerald mcboing boing

Reminder that this exists.
youtube.com/watch?v=Xv-HwaYhypk
Capitol Critters

Kind of wish it didn't though.

Even as a 6 or 7 year old I thought this show was incredibly boring.

>Ronin Warriors
I watched this on toonami but I can't for the life of me remember what it was about or how it ended

If you were born before 1992, probably. It aired often on weekdays sometime in the mid 90s. I recall I even had one of those rinky-dink plastic playset things they sold.

Is that not an anime? It looks like an anime.

Language learners know this gem

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronin_Warriors
It's an anime

It was on Toonami? I had to catch it airing on local broadcast. I think it was on early in the morning on KCAL-9.

I only know it from the old commercial
youtube.com/watch?v=mD9i39GENWU

Why did companies stop using that end blue screen with the phonenumber and info on it? that was pretty common back in the 90's but I don't think I've seen one in a looong time. I miss it.

I said it was a western adapted anime in the post you quoted. It's like three sentences, user. Read.

youtube.com/watch?v=DOUPH3x98nQ

it aired on USA Network at some point too along with Sailor Moon. the 90s were weird for getting anime

Im gonna give you the best blowie of your life

I never liked Braceface but this was decent.

I didn't grow up in front of a tv just so i could get old and read, don't tell me what to do!

I'd fuck'er

Amelias notebook

I think they were a football team that got sent back in time? I just remember thinking their armor was cool.

The wacky adventures of ronald mcdonald

The offbeats

The 70s version ain't half bad either. The blonde is way cuter, though.

Nightmare ned pc game>>>>>>

>Isn't that cute..
>BUT IT'S WRONG!

Dey nervous, dey nebbish, dey small, and the Populars don't like 'em at all. But that's okay, life is sweet. Dey cool. Dey the Off-Beats.

Cadillacs and Dinosaurs remake when??

One of the few Canadian cartoons Cartoon Network didn't bring over, probably because Fred's best female friend was a blatant lesbian. Or maybe because of the episode where Fred takes one sip of sangria and gets absolutely wasted.

Canada lets their cartoons get away with some shit.

I wanted to fuck the redhead too

Storm Hawks. Loved this back then when they played at the afternoon.

For a long time I thought that show was just something I dreamed up.

It's pretty sad they never continued that. It was pretty cool how MTV's cartoons would feature some pretty neat styles of artwork.

Kinda have to wonder why they abandoned shows with overarching plots.

Great show.

Comfy, but not memorable.

Okay.

FUCKING LOVED THIS.

Surreal and dark.

Comfy.

Surreal, and cheerily-monstrous.

Loved it.

I almost wish Taarna had been scattered through the movie, rather than one big dump at the end.

This show was so metal.

Ending aside, this was a great show.

O My Childhood! I've tried talking about it, but I guess it's too old for the Young Turks of Sup Forums.

Decent.

I dug it, but my work-buddy who was also into cartoons couldn get past "Doogie Mouse".

I'll take one of each (but platinum is my fave).

Read some of the comics, saw a few of the episodes -- normally something I'd go ape over but it just didn't click for me.

the black girl was hot

Fred's a damn fool for dumping Tamara

Super 4

It only existed to sell playmobil toys, and yet it had nice jokes, a plot that actually progressed and pretty good character interactions.

Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics

Another western adaptation of an anime that I doubt anyone would hesitate to call a cartoon. Especially since it was an anime about western fables anyway. I still find myself humming the theme to this sometimes. It gives me a huge nostalgia rush.

>Featuring Mark Hamill as a sassy time-travelling robot

It was pretty damn great, show was a bit rough around the edges but could've been so much more.

Still better than MLP

With all the reboots and revivals going on, do you think we'll ever get another season? I really liked it, but it ended on kind of a cliffhanger

>Time Squad
>Mike, Lu, and Og
>Sheep in the Big City
>no one posts Robot Jones
What the fuck?

Speaking of MLP, I never see anybody talk about the original show or Carebears or Rainbow Brite or anything like that.

I have no idea why these Australian fantasy books were so popular in Japan. They went further than PPGZ in terms of Japanese adaptations that they also got a manga and a DS game.

>If you were born before 1992, probably. It aired often on weekdays sometime in the mid 90s. I recall I even had one of those rinky-dink plastic playset things they sold.

It was Polly Pocket for boys.

Never thought someone would mention this show on this board. This show clearly deserves more attention

dude, motherfuckin Exosquad was the shit, and it's on dvd now, what a time to be alive

>tfw the only word you learned was Spanish for 'stupid'

I have always wanted a response to pic related. Its the last ever fully hand drawn feature length animation released in Sweden. its kind of fantastic.
youtube.com/watch?v=KgiCWEgUW7Y

>Loving Piper
>Not pic related
Shit taste.

Don't think so.

Does this show ever get referenced in Bunnicula?

Three Delivery. Fuck yeah

youtube.com/watch?v=pFz2ElerHnM

>that fucking intro

youtube.com/watch?v=U-mG2SVyqk8

Fly Tales

Mangomelon/10

Octopon will nevr be whole,.

Hero 108

For some weird reason my brain always mixes up that evil goblin looking guy with the Thief from the Thief and the Cobbler.

>not the blonde

I had no friends and loved this show so god damn much I would cry when it was over, because I'd have to wait a week to watch it again and feel GOOD.

>they never-stay-never-stay small
>and the populars don't like em at all

>shows that were 10/10's but had ugly artstyles
No wonder all modern cartoons have to look the same.
They simply figured out that kids don't watch this shit for creativity.

Fun fact: If this show lasted longer, it would've ended with Robot assembling an army of robots and destroying all of humanity. No joke.

In my house, Muzzy had the same prestige as Mickey Mouse. I worshiped this tape.
Also, this show had some of the most delicious animated foodstuffs of any cartoon.

As a kid I loved fucked up designs like Klasky Gsupo or Angela Anaconda.

God bless you for being this patient

Looks great, I'd love to have been there.