Are there any good cyberpunk comics out there Sup Forums?

Are there any good cyberpunk comics out there Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

shadowrun.com/forums/discussion/20849/shadowrun-comic
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Transmetropolitan or any Marvel 2099 stuff.

Transmetropolitan. A bit gritty and overly edgy, but still good.
Elephantmen can pass as cyberpunk
Shit ton of fucking manga is cyberpunk.
Hard Boiled is a must read if you want cyberpunk.
All I know of really..

Is Marvel 2099 just capeshit with a cyberpunk coating or is it the real deal?

Is there anything out there like shadowrun?

I'd say it's the real deal. Some of the titles delve into the setting deeper than others.
I remember Punisher and Ghost Rider toying with it the most. Though Spider-Man 2099 has some interesting stuff too.

Capeshit with a 90s as fuck cyberpunk coating.

SON OF A GLITCH!

The best cyberpunk series are Transmetropolitan, that's already been mentioned, and Judge Dredd, which is amazing but a bit long-running. But there are frequent threads for recommendations. Self-contained stories in the Dreddverse that are heavy with cyberpunk sweetness are the Low Life and Lenny Zero strips, which are both in the Mega-City Underground collections, and well worth picking up.

The Incal also has heavy cyberpunk elements, being illustrated by Moebius, one of the best sci-fi artists ever, who did concept work for Tron, Fifth Element and Alien, among many others. It's a fucking masterpiece and goes weird as fuck, which distances it from the "high-tech, low-life" staple of cyberpunk plotting pretty early on, but it does start with a hard-boiled detective in a cybercity slum.

>are there any good cyberpunk ______

No, it's all shit

>No, it's all shit

fite me in cyberspace you plebe

user, i hope you learn to you like cyberpunk cause we´re on the brink of living in a cyberpunk world.

Replace the different fantasy races with anthropomorphic animals and Elephantmen is close.

look at this chummer and his precious meatspace

looks neat will check it out thanks

Cyberpunk is for right wing.
Steampunk is for left wing.
That really should be reversed since cyberpunk is anti industry while steampunk is pro industry.

>Cyberpunk is for right wing.

A genre that's entirely about future dystopias where the individual is left alienated by mass corporatism? Is favoured by the right wing? Sounds maybe like you're talking out of your ass user.

There's also no good steampunk fiction, unless you count Extraordinary Gentlemen, but that's mostly down to O'Neill.

>on the brink
>implying
We are already living in the shittiest cyberpunk novel. Gibson and Masamune made it all look so cool, but really decided to be a fuckin' killjoy. We have all the shit parts of cyberpunk dystopia, but with absolutely none of the cool stuff.

Steampunk never really had the "punk" undertones that cyberpunk had; the author of The Difference Engine who is considered the father of steampunk, wanted the genre to be called gaslamp fantasy to separate it from the political messages of cyberpunk.

Sup Forums loves cyberpunk, Sup Forums especially.
Are you saying Sup Forums isn't right wing?

If you tell us what you like, we can find close matches. Genre is really hard to pin down without examples.

I think "Global Frequency" is cyberpunk but maybe it's not cyber (tech-fetish fantasy) enough for you.
I loved the six-issue "Paranoia" miniseries, but good fucking luck finding it.
"Scud The Disposable Assassin" is more like cyber-funk, but it might scratch your itch.
Adam Warren's "Dirty Pair" stories has the tech-fetishism and posthuman philosophy to the fucking gills, maybe it's more cyber-rockandroll than cyberpunk.
Carla Speed Macneil's "Finder" has subtle cyber and insidious punk, but it's one of those "for mature readers only" that doesn't have sex or violence so I expect most Sup Forums visitors would find it boring as fuck.

>Are you saying Sup Forums isn't right wing?

not entirely?

And even if they were, it has no bearing on their preference in fiction. Right wingers also watch Star Wars even though it's a movie about fascists getting their space station destroyed by leftists

Only because you're spending all your time bitching on weeb forums and not learning basic coding and engineering to build youself a sweet LED helmet, hack a corporate headquarter's security terminal and blow a support wall with a nailbomb and gas tank.

Cyberpunk is about that alienation you're feeling, but it's up to you, the protagonist coked out of your head on their Big Pharma-mandated ritalin, to do something just crazy enough to shake us dronesheep out of our slumber.

HACK THE PLANET.

Get your politics out of my fantasy fiction, you cur.

>Are you saying Sup Forums isn't right wing?
Assuming the vocal idiots make choices for everyone. KEKEKEKEK

>takes this long for Cyperforce to be mentioned
for shame

*cyberforce

>literally has punk in the title
>literally promotes anarchy
>right wing

There's barely any Cyberpunk in comics and cartoons, weirdly enough. You'd think people would use it more often, but they don't.
Cyberpunk remains surprisingly niche across pretty much all genres.

Old City Blues, Tokyo Ghost and... Dredd? Dredd is pretty cyberpunk.

I worry it's too close to home for anyone truly talented to give it a shot. You've never seen Alan Moore try to make sense of cyberpunk.

Lots of people on Sup Forums love cyberpunk, they see it as the little guy fighting the jews.

I don't care.

Why were there never any Shadowrun comics anyway?

My point is that plenty of right wing people love cyberpunk.

Sup Forums thinks of any conflict they can find as them vs the jews. Life becomes so simple when jews are the scapegoat for all the world's evils.

Because Battletech is way more profitable for CGL

lots of novels...wonder why no comics

>Cyberpunk remains surprisingly niche across pretty much all genres.

Not video games, at least. Some of the most popular video games are cyberpunk or have cyberpunk elements.

There's some fan-made stuff but nothing official. I'd love to read a Shadowrun comic with some big name artist and a decent writer (who understands the universe) behind it.

Now that you mention it, /k/ has a fondness for cyberpunk aesthetics

Link to those fan-comics?

You're a nice guy, don't jack in the matrix tomorrow.

>when non AI´s make matrix threats

shadowrun.com/forums/discussion/20849/shadowrun-comic

A comic, really. There's also a manga but it's shit, IMO.

>tfw datajacks aren't real
Fucking let me jack in right now goddamnit

>TFW no cyberpunk Disney Princess.

It's like they don't want my nuyen.

Cyberpunk has appeal to anyone who likes to identify with the little guy throwing a wrench into the big faceless machine. Lots of people on the right feel marginalized to some extent and so have become attracted to certain ways of thinking that have traditionally been considered exclusive to the Left. The best thing about the genre is that its "fight the man" theme is mostly platitudinous posturing devoid of any serious social or political thought, which allows anyone to project their views onto the characters and stories.

not Sup Forums but GUNNM battle angel alita is pretty good

There are Deus Ex comics, but it's all Adam Jensen. 2099 Marvel shows that cyberpunk aesthetic, so does Batman Beyond.

I'm still waitind on a comic with art like pic related honestly, but i don't think we wil ever get it. It's sad :(

>I'm still waitind on a comic with art like pic related honestly, but i don't think we wil ever get it. It's sad :(

That's Josan Gonzales' work. He has a couple of art books filled with cyberpunk pieces. They're no comics but they're the closest we're going to get unless he teams up with a good writer.

Thanks for the source user. I have to get that book, it's pure eye candy

bump

The Mirror's Edge Prequel comics can be considered cyberpunk. Both the original and the new one.

At least bump with image.

>They're no comics

Hard Boiled has a style similar to these images user.

>I'm still waitind

>not Sup Forums but

Do you do this with Sup Forums?

Fuck yeah, this guy.

>June 2077
kek