Apparently Animorphs is going to get a graphic novel reboot

Apparently Animorphs is going to get a graphic novel reboot

Thank fuck they didn't pick this proposed style for it

colemanengle.tumblr.com/post/162135908439/guess-we-can-put-up-pages-now-here-are-the-kids

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Literature/Animorphs
twitter.com/megthebrennan/status/877983612829802496
web.archive.org/web/20010807200502/www.morphz.com/posts/1061001.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What the fuck is that? Seriously that person needs their hands broken to prevent them from ever committing more visual atrocities of that nature.

Wow, that artstyle is fucking abysmal for animorphs. Especially with how dark it gets later.

I can normally deal with tumblr art styles but this is actually nauseating.

Why is Cassie already morphed into her gorilla form?

Animorphs is super fucking dark. This style doesn't fit it at all. Whoever did the art for the original Animorphs books could be considered? Are they?

I guess it fits with morphing because it looks like their faces are fucking melting

Reminder that David did nothing wrong

Good lord that's a doozy

Better fit?

How do you make hand drawn art look like bad HDR photography

SHIT my orignial screen name was yeerk...

>tfw yeerks are on Sup Forums

I never read them, how tf is it dark

I thought it about kids turning into animals and stopping crimes and shit

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Literature/Animorphs

>child soldiers
>sacrificing civilians
>guerilla warfare
>horror of changing into animals like termites and almost losing yourself in the process
>psychological torture
>ptsd
>betrayals that cut deep
>people die left and right
>etc etc

Real spoiler, not a meme: The leader of the kids orders his cousin on a suicide mission to murder his brother who has been under alien control since the beginning of the series. She turns into a bear and goes on a murder spree on his spaceship then gets killed to death by other aliens.

You forgot the themes of genocide.

Kek

>Even the alien without a nose has a red nose

Jesus Christ.

'cept for the tumblr noses, this would be an alright style for a cartoon

Everything looks like it's made of jello.

It doesnt fit the tone of the series at all
It doesnt even get the characters right
Cassie looks like a fucking man
and Jake looks like he is some goof with downs syndrome, it doesnt capture his personality at all

This style is the fucking worst thing I've seen in a while.

I really don't want to relive the ending though

Im still mad 15 years later

>gets killed to death

wait we're really getting one?
THANK THE LORD IN HEAVEN

oh god what the fuck?, they are melting!

Wait where is the news about the reboot?

The shitty artist in the OP and also this shitty artist who is slightly better

twitter.com/megthebrennan/status/877983612829802496

apparently whoever owns Animorphs was having artists do proposals for a Graphic Novel style

Its been a while since I read it, I remember the leader kid straight up committing a war crime, and the part i'm fuzzy on is if he actually stands trial for it or not.

>gets killed to death

Remember that time Jake murdered 17,000 defenseless Yeerks? After using a group of disabled kids as cannon fodder and letting them all get picked off by laserfire intentionally designed to hurt while killing?

>web.archive.org/web/20010807200502/www.morphz.com/posts/1061001.htm

Applegate on the reaction to the ending ending

Remember when Jake rammed the blade ship?

Im not upset that they got a bad ending

I am upset that the final boss was an asspull from nowhere and it ends on a cliffhanger after we spent 50+ books getting attached to the characters

>If you're mad at me because that's what you have to take away from Animorphs, too bad.

I came in here fully determined to tell you you were overreacting because it was posted to Tumblr and it couldn't be that bad, but this is legitimately fucking awful Jesus fucking Christ.

What happens?

Why is the andalite covered in red blood? I remember his species being grossed out when they found out humans bleed red.

look at

Also, I never understood how the clothing work. Are they so thin that the morphing doesn't matter? I know that Applegate couldn't have them constantly ripped their clothes (cuz you know, Scholastic) but no matter how thin it is it should rip. Or should I just handwave it

You must love the gulag

I don't know, how does fusing in DBZ result in an entirely different outfit neither of the two were previously wearing?

For old heads reading back in the 80's: Is #MakeMineMilkshake and the ensuring dust up above or below how nuts Green Lantern and the H.E.A.T?

>Apparently Animorphs is going to get a graphic novel reboot

Source?

Yeah, but at least Vegito, Gogeta, or Gotenks's clothes incorporated pieces of the fusees via magic bs. And even in DBZ we see dudes bursting out of their clothes. And animorphs is so much more down to earth, you think they'd have some alien clothes-tech or some other way to not end up nude after every morph

>Apparently Animorphs is going to get a graphic novel reboot
Sauce?

Because magic
Vegito's clothes are just goku and vegeta's clothes mashed together

Oh, I meant more the fusion dance method.

handwave it because it is just magic. Fuck, most SciFi, even the hardest of Scifi, has some kind of magic happening somewhere.

Don't they mention that they were all wearing spandex because it was so thin and skintight that it morphed with them? Any time they wore something else, they basically turned into an animal wearing clothes?

Slugs deserved it

the auxillary animorphs was pretty fucked tho

Never read animorphs but the covers always interested me. Art looks like shit though

>mfw i just finished reading the animorph books this year

i didn't expect it to be so good or rival Ender's Game.

welp that looks terrible

Jake went to the trial for visser 1 and while it was brought up there's no way they would've put him on trial for killing enemy combatants in a war.

Since they were Yeerks just in a pool without anyway of fighting they would be considered Hors de combat and be considered the same as non-combatants in that situation.

i'm so glad i found out animorphs got this fucked up. i'll check it off as one of those things that i thought i'd never find out the end to

>i didn't expect it to be so good or rival Ender's Game.
Its a shame its so held back by being a kids book. In makes it even more fucked up in some ways though

For a long time its not ok to kill, so they do fucked up shit and condemn people to fates worse than death instead

Her combat form is a wolf you fucking casual.

Yeerks pls go

I will never understand why they made Animorphs a live action show and not a cartoon series

Its obviously impossible to do and way more expensive because you have to get real wild animals and try to have them do specific things on camera

>several accounts of brutal occupations and genocides
>loved ones often controlled by Yeerks
>horrific casualties sustained in almost every fight
>repeatedly forced to kill innocent people controlled by Yeerks or get innocents killed by collateral
>greatest allies were going to quarantine Earth to turn it into Yeerk Killing Fields
>dystopian alternate time lines
>side novels reveal sheer cruelty of Yeerks to their "client species" as well as the fact that the entire war is being manipulated by godlike beings of unfathomable power, which plays into the main storyline
>Did I mention you can be trapped inside the animal morphs if you stay for too long and even if you survive there is a non-zero chance that your real self, floating as a incorporeal mass of flesh and organs in Z-space, might collide with a traveling starship and be annihilated?

well they have almost died at least 5 times each

even for a teen/pre teen book it's dark

didnt they trap the jerk they let join as a rat

cassie is a wolf

Yup. Makes sense that it didn't incorporate clothing as it was Andalite technology, and they don't really wear clothes.

On an island out at sea, yeah.

For a while, then he came back and Rachel killed him.

I mean, TECHNICALLY it's a war-crime... but the Yeerks had it coming.

Besides, Jake was a minor at the time.

They killed loads of mook Controllers though, even early on. Or at least I assume they probably died after getting a bunch of limbs cut off.

>For a while, then he came back and Rachel killed him.

We don't know if she killed him or not.

technically the yeerks weren't fielding a standing army and were engaging in a guerilla war of aggression using civilian shields, they made themselves fair game.

knowing the yeerks they probably feed weak or useless hosts to the taxxons

That was probably the most fucked thing in the whole series besides maybe the Auxillary Animorphs

yeah David killed some kid but he had lost everything and was traumatized by war, he isnt unsympathetic and they sentence him to a living hell. It would have legit been better if they just killed him instead.

>NEET hosts

He's a rat, he'll die in a couple years anyways.

They're fighting a war using animal bodies, that involves a LOT of gore and death and the series doesn't shy away from describing it, I distinctly remember they mentioned having human flesh in their teeth and the disturbing realization that they all knew the taste. It also had a lot of bad ends for side characters, getting stuck in a shitty animal form like a fly or a mouse for example.

What was that about z-space?

>Yeerk
>dubs
Muthafucka

Imagine a blob floating in space, that blob is where all your mass comes and goes when you morph. So if you shrink, your excess mass goes in there.

At one point they're in space, and one of them's like "oh what's that" and then they find out what it is and everyone WTFs

Marco is big jim

It's kinda weird how everyone else ended up with a better combat morph eventually and Cassie stayed with the wolf she picked up in like book 4.

Jesus, "Unbeatable Squirrel Girl" looks better than this, and USG is a flaming pile of porcupine shit on top of a bigger pile of horse shit.

Man, I remember reading the first 6 or so books and the prequel book. It's been so long but this is a nastolgia bomb right from my past.

Jake and Marco got their combat morphs book 1.

>tfw really wanted to finish the series as a kid
>tfw the whole boxed set costs 200 dollars at the time
I remember really liking the one early on where Jake falls into a pool and gets Yeerk'd without anyone knowing

Its not even worth it, it doesnt have a real ending

why the fuck didn't the andalites completely shitstomp the yeerks

Well you see, there was this guy named Seerow...

Andalites were the OG cucks. And after they realised they were cucks they went full blown Chad

Why is the Ellimist such a fucking faggot

>Yeerks
>innocent

cmon son

What about the one who convinced cassie to become a caterpillar nothlit?

Not a single one

obligatory

>also gorilla warfare
>sweet hawk on girl romance
>Ax rubbing cinnabons all over his human body.
>I started reading this in the fourth grade through scholastic magazine. It was great.

This shit had the most awesome concepts