Why don't we have more anime-style western series like The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra?

Why don't we have more anime-style western series like The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra?

We need more things in this style. maybe try making something unique - a show with a similar drawing style but with a more western fantasy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zQj_vim6I80
youtube.com/watch?v=XP_-OC_WAtg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They tried right after it ended, Thunder Cats is one example.

It all crashed and burned.

They costs fuckloads of money to animate.
Plus, what made Avatar so good was that you could tell that there was actual effort and research done on general east Asian influences. It wasn't hackneyed.

Well, there is that new Voltron cartoon series.
That's something, I guess.

cause they are hard to make (for americans) and tend to flop.

To an extent, Castlevania. Despite it being entirely western produced

ATLAB and TLOK barely felt like anime to me honestly.

Nah I'm good. Be original instead of just copying a Japanese art-style.

Anime was based off of early Disney cartoons and things like Astro-boy.
It's just the back and forth trading between cultures.
Like how tomatoes came from North America to Italy in the 1600s creating pizza, then pizza was brought back to NA and we got the good ol' fashioned American slice.
The trading of art styles and cultures ultimately creates better results overall.

I'll express an unpopular opinion.

I'd like to see Slayers done as a western show. Not a show inspired by Slayers, but an actual Slayers show, but made in the west.

This

Fund it

>Why don't we have more anime-style western series like The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra?
The 00s were filled with shows like that. Avatar sure as fuck wasn't the first

>he 00s were filled with shows like that.
Examples?

Ōban Star-Racers
Teen Titans 2003
Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go!
Virtually every fucking Marathon produced show (Totally Spies, Martin Mystery, etc.)

It costs too much to animate and even then Avatar was pretty much a flash in the pan. It's one of the best animated series to ever come out of the west and it almost failed.

Western animation studios know that their cheaply-done shows can make more money and have higher ratings because of western audiences.

I didn't mean literally where they produced it. Meant that it was commissioned by, and distributed primarily in, the West.

This

>We need more things in this style. maybe try making something unique - a show with a similar drawing style but with a more western fantasy.
youtube.com/watch?v=zQj_vim6I80

youtube.com/watch?v=XP_-OC_WAtg

And Voltron is back in a few days -- made largely by the same people as ATLA/LOK

Legend of Korra had some big idea's it was trying to play with which were interesting but the pacing and character development was done poorly. That being said despite my disappointment it wasn't a waste of time.

I honestly agree OP but, it just costs too much money and effort.

>crazyaga is now coming to Sup Forums
We hate you enough on Sup Forums go fuck off back to tumblr or reddit.

It's expensive to put effort into shows. Better off making cheap shit.

>maybe try making something unique - a show with a similar drawing style but with a more western fantasy.
So you're proposing to steal the art style from Avatar and the setting from Tolkien.
>something unique
lel

They're really expensive and suck for reruns

>We need more things in this style. maybe try making something unique - a show with a similar drawing style but with a more western fantasy.

Anime art style is unique to anime because it's uniquely Asian....it's androgynous waifs with big heads and frail bodies for the most part, GEE I WONDER WHY, because it's meant to look like the people it's being made for, but they're given FUCKGIANT eyes because of Disney and a Western fetish

Ever wonder why morons still debate every single day about if anime characters are white or Asian? Because it's a mix of both, they're supposed to be Asian but sometimes like in the case of DBZ, they are pumped up to look like Western super heroes since it's trying to emulate something from the West, but in most cases they end up looking like androgynous trannies that are only separated by hairstyle, like Asians.

A Western fantasy drawn in an anime style would just be fucking weird, take your favorite old school cowboy, gangster, or action flick and replace all the gruff characters with what's in pic related, suddenly it makes no sense

Watch enough anime and you'll realize that practically every 80s cartoon is anime style.

Oban was the shit. Isn't it getting a sequel this year?

>Ōban Star-Racers
>mfw I realized they were not going to have a race against the dark avatar
What was the fucking point of having a fist fight/shootout be the final confrontation of this racing cartoon?