John Cena Joins BUMBLEBEE Spinoff

>John Cena has nabbed a lead role in the "Transformers" spinoff BUMBLEBEE. Hailee Steinfeld is leading the cast of Paramount's new film, which will center on the yellow and black Autobot Bumblebee, and also features Jorge Lendeborg, Jason Drucker, Abby Quinn, Rachel Crow, Ricardo Hoyos and Gracie Dzienny.

>The story is set in the year 1987, where Bumblebee finds refuge in a junkyard in a small Californian beach town. Local teenager Charlie (Steinfeld), on the edge of turning 18 and trying to find her place in the world, discovers Bumblebee, battle-scarred and broken. When Charlie revives him, she and her friends quickly learns this is no ordinary yellow Volkswagen bug.

>Travis Knight, who directed the stop-motion movie KUBO AND THE TWO STRINGS, is helming the new film from a script by Christina Hodson (SHUT IN). The movie project is the first spinoff in what the studio hopes will be a Transformers Cinematic Universe that will include prequels and offshoots from a line of movies that have generated more than $3.7 billion worldwide. The most recent film, TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT, hit theaters June 23, and has earned $568.9 million worldwide so far.

>BUMBLEBEE kicks off production today in California. Paramount has also set a new release date of December 21, 2018, which puts the film opposite Warner Bros.' AQUAMAN.

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/john-cena-joins-transformers-spinoff-bumblebee-1025411

Wait they're gonna let BB actually be a VW Bug?
And its got John Cena who is pretty funny and charismatic in comedy supporting roles?
And its directed by a damn good children/family film director who respects practical effects and was the lead animator at Laika?

If they soft rebooted the TF universe with Bumblebee this would be a strong start. Up until i see a trailer I actually really want to see this, who's writing?
>Christina Hodson(Shut In, Unforgettable)
Ooooh nooooo

>John Cena vs a Roman Reigns look alike
Oh, boy I can't wait for the shitposting in /asp/.

Don't worry, the Mania match will precede it.

Nobody cares about real wrestling, not even /asp/

It's not being rebooted. "Transformers 6" and "Transformers 7" are already in development to wrap up the Unicron saga.

Since Marky Mark decided to leave, Lennox and Epps will be headlining the human cast.

According to producer Lorenzo Di Bonaventura, the movie will have a $70 million budget. It'll probably regroup its costs on opening weekend alone.

Also, Bumblebee will be the only Autobot featured in the movie, and apparently there'll be three Decepticons, one being Barricade, who's rumored to be the main villain. There's also allegedly goinsg to be a "massive" Transformer.

THey should have Starscream in it since he probably ain't coming back any time soon.

I'd like to hear more of Charlie Adler as Starscream.

>Implying there's anything wrong with looking like Roman Reigns.

Also Aquaman is going to kick Bumblebee's ass in the box office. A DCEU movie is a guaranteed box office success.

>hailiee steinfeild is cute and a decent actress
>directed by the kubo guy
>john cena
Could this be the first good one?

If they move it up like a week before, I think it might have a better chance.

Unicron confirmed

Cute chubby VW Bee with Movie Bee's skullhead will he horrifying.

I'm curious, what didn't you like about Wonder Woman?

>BUMBLEBEE kicks off production today in California. Paramount has also set a new release date of December 21, 2018, which puts the film opposite Warner Bros.' AQUAMAN.

Who will move first?

I agree.

I hope he's voicing Cliffjumper.

>Kubo was medicore as hell though. The only reason it got so much praise was the Stop-motion

>implying that post said anything about how liking Roman was bad
WORKED INTO A SHIT BY HIS OWN PARANOIA

I'm more than glad that Kubo didn't chicken out by resurrecting his parents at the end. It was entertaining and the whole thing was fueled by passion.

WIth Travis doing the Bee movie I can see it as something passable, which is already a huge step in the tainted Bayformers series. After all, with five movies in you can't help but see all the potential be wasted hard.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

>See this scene in the trailer and get hyped for a big Optimus/Megatron fight
>This is the only time Megatron actually hits him
Then again 40 minutes was cut from the movie. I'd be interested in a Directors cut

Hound and Hot Rod did more damage to Megatron than Prime did.

Hound was admitted by Bay to be his favorite bot. He liked him so much he was the only non-main Autobot to get more screentime than usual and marketing. He had his own "blooper" short and a CG poster.

Bay has good taste. Hound is /ourguy/.

Funny enough, Kubo probably would have been better if it were CGI. It's obvious the strict stop motion limited them

if it was CG it wouldn't be anything special given the already lackluster marketing Kubo had.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

EAT SHIT DC

Hound is the best character in these films.

>total bro
>super loyal
>literally eats bullets
>1v1s Megatron and calls him a little bitch

Too bad Bay cared less about /myguy/.

Bay actually really likes Barricade, that's why he always survives. His favorite 'Cons are Barricade and Bonecrusher.

>set in the 80's
unles Bumblebee has an old school boxy shape i don't give a fuck
won't even pirate it

Just kill me, just kill me now. Beat me to death with a G1 optimus prime figure

Based Big Match John

>94313889
What the fuck does DC OR Marvel have to do with this you giant faggot

His g1 is shit though. I'd rather have something close to his mode in Spotlight Thundercracker.

No, user, he should be the voice of Mirage. Because you can't see him.

I think he was referring to John Cena being pushed by some fans to be Shazam, or just Sup Forums shitposting.

>Dave Bautista in Marvel
>Dwayne Johnson in DC
>John Cena in Transformers
So, what's the next cinematic universe that's gonna get WRESTLE'd?

"Massive" is such a fun word for speculation.
Like, it could mean an OC school bus decepticon or full on Menasor.

>just Sup Forums shitposting
Let's go with that

>Then again 40 minutes was cut from the movie. I'd be interested in a Directors cut
Is that a confirmed thing? Last I heard it was hearsay.

It wasn't true. The closest to cut content would be Cogman being a headmaster and decapitating Nitro due to their toys.

>John Cena

> Roman Reigns in Star Wars

Bumblebee has to play the Cena theme through his voicebox at least once, right

we can only hope he dabs to it as well

>Bay actually really likes Barricade
>that's why he always survives
>favorite Bonecrusher
>mfw

Man, I've never strongly wanted to see any of the Transformers movies, because Michael Bay, but the idea of John Cena hitting a 20 foot tall alien robot car with an AA and then making him tap... kinda sounds appealing.

Prime has killed Megatron like 4 times in the movies, maybe he was just giving someone else a chance.

There were plenty of scenes in the trailers that weren't in the movie