Why DID he say that name?

Why DID he say that name?

because I want to cockvore you OP. shove you down my dick, nice and soft, as you fall into my hungry balls. oh yeah

What name?

M A R T H A

Because they were so into the idea of using the name as a trigger they forgot to make the dialogue make sense.

Clark would obviously say "save my mother" before using her name.

You just made me realize why the dialogue is so shitty. Unless specifically asked, I don't think I've ever used my mom's first name in conversation.

Saying "save my mother" would work just as well in getting Batman to back off, I would think.

Because he was telling Batman to save Martha, the name of his mother whom needs saving.
Batman didn't know the context so what came to mind was his own mother, whom he could never save.
Finding out about his human mother, humanizes Superman in Batman's eyes, making him think not as this indifferent superbeing anymore, but a man doing what he can to help.

It's pretty straightforward.

Bear in mind, I'm not trying to defend this movie, BUT what if Clark was trying to preserve his secret identity also.
"Save this lady Martha Kent"
I don't fuckin know.

Exactly. It's just fucking weird.

I think it makes sense to mention the name and still use it as the trigger, but it shouldn't have been the first part of his statement.

because kino, user. kino.

I remember when this scene was happening and everyone in the audience was just sitting there in silence like, 'the hell is happening?' this felt so out of place it was ridiculous.

See, even that idea is fucking retarded and hamfisted. There are so many better ways to play off the parallels between Superman and Batman that don't straight up involve the characters in universe going WE'RE NOT SO DIFFERENT, YOU AND I, SUPAHMAN. So many better ways to show Batman realizing Clark's humanity rather than going for the easy MY PARENTS ARE DEAAAD route.
For such an """"experimental"""" filmmaker Zack sure has a knack for reusing the most overused cliches in cinema in even more hackneyed and silly ways.

I don't think that was it. He has to know if Lois and Lex could figure it out from some research of course Batman would if you give him the Martha Kent crumb. The simplest explanation is that it was an oversight in scripting that never got edited down properly.

I honestly don't hate the movie. Some dumb lines like that but it was fine.

WHY IS BATMAN STILL IN COSTUME FOR ANY OF THIS

Clark, let me ease your min-AAARRRHHHGGGGGGGGmarthassasAASSSARRRGGHH

>rewatching the movie right now
>currently at the doomsday fight
>he's pulling up stuff and hitting superman with it
How does that hurt him if his body is stronger than the object he's being hit with? It'd be like hitting a human with cotton candy really hard, it would just break up.

I mean it is really good armor.

I'm not arguing it was original or anything, but you can change a little to make it more coherent.

In the end it's just the typical "they fight then realize there was a misunderstanding so they team up to fight the real villain" trope anyway.

that's what happens when you take a relationship that should take multiple movies to develop and jam pack it into a 2 hour movie.

It's more like throwing an apple at someone. Generally won't kill you but throw it hard enough and it will hurt.

Because piss poor writing.

This is just the funniest example short of a piss jar.

I'd say it's more like breaking a bottle on someone's head. Sure it breaks but it still hurts

Glass Him

SWEAR TO ME

b-but, muh kino, user.

Kino seems to mean "shitty movie I ironically like" more than anything.

>Piss poor writing
>Obviously didn't see the movie

weak bait

>The alien with two mothers with a boot to his neck and inches away from death can't be forgiven for blurting out "Martha" in desperation
>the filmmakers decided to add more emotion to the scene everyone was expecting where Batman realizes he fucked up by tying it with the reason why he fights crime in the first place.

>what if Clark was trying to preserve his secret identity also
This is ultimately the same problem as in MoS then.

When given the choice between "saving people" and "protect my secret," Superman's answer is always, always, always "save people."

>literally batGOD

bravo nolan

I think the logic was that if Supes said "Save my mother", Batman would have said something like "I ain't saving no alien woman" and killed him
So Clark went with "Save Martha Kent" but never got to the Kent part, which triggers Batman and give Lois time to explain it's his mother, i.e. the alien has a human mother and he's just like you and me and other humans and shit

Of course the flaw of this idea, and the greater flaw of this whole plot is that Batman never figured out Superman's human identity? Was Bruce so focused on the alien he never considered that the alien had a secret human identity?

>the filmmakers decided to add more emotion to the scene everyone was expecting where Batman realizes he fucked up by tying it with the reason why he fights crime in the first place.
>everyone just assumes that this happened because if Superman just said "Save my mother" Batman wouldn't have realized he was fighting for the wrong reasons and everyone wanted a boring end to a fucking fight between Batman and Superman.

The obvious rebuttal would be that he didn't think Supes had a secret identity. The problem is Zod told the entire world that one of them has been hiding among them for decades.
Hell, even if he didn't assume Supes had a secret identity he didn't even attempt to keep tabs and follow him. I suppose you could say it's difficult to follow someone as fast as Supes, but apparently Lex managed to figure out not one but six superhero identities so it's not like resources weren't there.

So . . . this is the "great fight cinematography" people bring up when they say Snyder's not that bad? Fucking WEW

No, seriously, who the fuck calls their mothers by their given name? Especially when she's in terrible danger, especially when HE is in terrible danger, it sounds so fucking unnatural.

Fuck Zack Snyder, the intent of saving his mother alone should've been enough for Batman to reconsider and want to hear his side of the story. I'm petty sure the greatest detective in the world would at least have a gut feeling when someone is manipulating the whole situation.

so at the end they have a funeral for clark

presumably he wasn't buried in his glasses

so does everybody now know he's superman?

>Clark Kent died doing what he loved
>being pierced in the chest by bone spurts from a mutated alien while being chemically poisoned by a radioactive spacerock

I think assuming that's the intent doesn't work because Lois runs in and tells Bruce right away anyway. If they are thinking that Clark protects his identity that much they would have had him communicate it to Lois too at some point and she would have come up with a lie.

They should have had Batman mock Superman for asking him to save his mother and then Superman tries to force her name out and only gets Martha out.

hiding among them can be interpreted as that dude in the islands for years not knowing WWII ended

I always loved how in MoS Lois, a Pulitzer reporter, is able to figure out who Clark is. Lex, an obsessive basketcase with limitless intellect and wealth and influence, also figured it out. Batman not realizing it is dumb for me, but I guess the explanation is yeah, Bruce is triggered by MoS's 9/11 he's not thinking straight.

Lois was kidnapped by Lex and Lex had Supes go after Bruce right after he saved Lois from falling to death. Lois didn't have time to think about hiding any identity since Clark is about to get stabbed to death and just tried to save Clark.

I mean, we can rebutt and explain the movie until we either all have satisfied explanation or have a plot hole that no one can explain away, but at the end of the day, we can just rest assured that BvS was a badly written film. Some interesting ideas, but poorly executed in the worst way possible.

A JAR OF PISS

I will never forgive Zack Snyder for what he did to Superman and Batman in this movie. Hell, Lex Luthor as well.

I mean it doesn't have to be a complex lie, but a "she's an innocent' or something that distracts from why Martha would be important to Superman is something I think Lois could have done.

>I mean, we can rebutt and explain the movie until we either all have satisfied explanation or have a plot hole that no one can explain away, but at the end of the day, we can just rest assured that BvS was a badly written film. Some interesting ideas, but poorly executed in the worst way possible.

You're not wrong.

Pretty sure he didn't want Batman to know that Martha was his mother.

"Save Martha" would have been fine to me. What we got was "You're letting them kill Martha" which is a very awkward thing to say.

he even managed to fuck up Doomsday, the most personality lacking jobber of all time.

Kek

That's right, he did as well. I don't even really like Doomsday but seeing that he didn't even bother to get him right made me lose any sort of faith that I had in him. And I didn't even have much. Not to mention the Trinity vs. Doomsday fight not even being that good. And that's not even mentioning how they killed Superman off in only the second movie of their big cinematic universe, basically fucking up the whole Death of Superman plotline.

Snyder desperately wanted to have POTTERY with their mom's names because he thought it would make him look clever.

So, as usual, the narrative bent over backwards so he could have one of his retarded moments. And as usual, it ended up awkward and forced and extremely unconvincing.

is actually from the movie? I don't remember it being this bad in the theater, jesus

He wanted him to save his mother, without compromising his secret identity.

Superman was literally seconds away from dying, and all he wanted was for Batman to save (from Batman's perspective) some random human woman.

This humanized Superman in Batman's eyes, and made him realize that Superman wasn't the alien monster he thought he was.

/thread

If he really wanted to save her than he would've done it himself since he can hear people all around the world. He secretly planned to kill his mom from the begginning.

>thinks that you are going to die in seconds
>your mother's life is on the line
>muh secret identity that almost every named character already knows

It's not 2016 anymore, you don't have to defend BvS.

Garbage writing

This entire sequence could have, nay, needed to be cut.
I had to tell a friend of mine that was The Flash in the warning scene, he leaned over asking "Who the hell was that?"

>made up execuse that doesn't make sense considering that he was going to die anyway and the REASON he said that name is because he thought that he was going to die
>just to justify shitty writing and unnatural dialogues
>threading your own post
Patethic and insecure.

Kino just means film in german.

Anyone who calls a film 'kino' has nothing worth saying about the movie they are describing, but won't let that stop them from pretending its somehow special.

Calling a film 'kino' is like calling your food 'cuisine'. There are a few rare cases where the term may be appropriate, but more often than not its just a bullshit phrase slapped on a shitty product to try and sell you overprocessed garbage.

I'm not OP, fucktard.

I completely understood this scene, have been reading comics for over 10 years by now, and knew what they were doing with this, and even I thought this scene had no business being in the movie. It was so dumb.

I'm actually upset that they wasted that sweet costume for that scene. It could've been in another, entirely different movie.

Nothing that I said implied that I was calling you OP.

Kino on Sup Forums used to mean "movie that is shit, but trues to be deep with visuals", it was a mockery term, and mainly used for the Prequels (that on Sup Forums was ironically defended just like BvS as "too inteligent" for most people to apreciate)

Around the time of BvS, redditors believed that it was a complement, and adopted it without getting what it actualy meant.