Why does Darkseid have weird zigzagging eye lasers?

Why does Darkseid have weird zigzagging eye lasers?

Has an Apokaliptic-level buzz, can't see straight.

Because when he was a young boy he stole something called the Omega effect from his father. Gave him all of his god-like powers.

To put it in poetic terms unlike most whose beams are just an expression, his Omega beams are his will. Ergo they only bend at his whim and remain focused on the target.

Omega beams.

can you outrace the omega sanction? the death that is life

The idea is that you can't dodge or hide from them. They go around corners. They never hit the wrong target.

However artists try to get this across by just having them bend and weave for no reason even when the shortest path to their target is a straight line.

The real question is why doesn't Cyclops?

Yes.

someone post the edit of that

so that Batman can dodge them, duh

lol. If we could just lose the profanity (don't act like there isn't x-men themed cursing, you piece of quire flatscan.) and put those in word balloons, the one page would be better than some of the stories involving Cyclops.

the omega beams tap into 5th dimensional space. Darkseid isn't shooting beams as much as he his manipulating energy vertices mortal minds cannot comprehend. these vertices do not lay in a straight path through 4 dimtional space/time.

What, you want him to have straight-line lasers? Like Superman? Like artists who cannot be inventive with the art of a scene? Artists who don't posses the ability to be flexible with the graphics to convey emotions, or give a little life to inanimate objects? Darksied's a Kirby character, remember. So it could have been a lot "worse".

>Darksied's a Kirby character

Still not as cool as Dedede though.

Still not as cool as Dedede though.
Yeah, but Dedede from Kirby games, is still not as cool as DeeDee.

Because he has the ability to steer where the lasers go. If you had lasers you could steer with your mind you'd probably make them follow erratic / zigzagging paths too just because you could.

r8 and h8 my eye lasers

>only one eye

That's pretty weak Satan

Did this "The P5 powers going haywire" plot thread even go anywhere?

Dark Beast, nanomachines.

The Omega Beams shouldn't have missed, typical case the writers trying to make (character) be superawesomeunbeatable. But it was funny to see Darsied get surprize-suplexed.

he's 10 steps ahead

he's playing 3D chess!

So that they'll zig out of the way and miss insufferable Mary Sues.

No, they hit Superman all the time.

is this form the original eternals run? God, that page gives me goosebumps

Why not? If you can fly faster than thought you should be able to outrace the omega sanction. And thought is really not that fast.

meant for

Did the person who drew this never see Batman get fucking murdered by Darkseid.
Fuck casuals.

Nobody over at DC can draw straight line

>Batman is hit by the OMEGA SANCTION after he fires a gun to hurt Darkseid
>When Batman breaks his one rule he is punished by being sent hurdling through time
Kino

I was about to say that Darkseid's will is so absolute that it can manipulate his beams as he wants.

Why are they doing it even when there's nothing to dodge? Part because it's a feint, part because he wants you to know he has absolute control over them.

I didn't know the Omega Bean wipe you from existence I thought it just killed you or teleport you into the past for some reason

Underrated

Why did Batman get sent back in time instead of getting when he got Omega beamed

I don't really remember why but I imagine part of it is that Darkseid was super weak at that time. He was in the body of Dan Turpin, had just come back to life, was still hooked up to that sci-fi life support machine, and had just been shot by Batman with that Radion bullet. Maybe all that makes his Omega Beam scatter you across the timeline instead of erase your being from existence.

Chronic masturbation can get you lazy eye.

I thought that pic was a joke, not a "damn casuals" thing. The Omega beams always zig zag, that's their thing, so Batman stands in the ONE PLACE where they spike in that entire picture.

>Darksied's a Kirby character

wait wat

I really like Nebezial's designs. Darkseid looks pretty good.

Omega Beams can send you send you throughout time.
But considering the state Darkseid was in, sending Bats back in time may have been an accident.

It's not a matter of outracing them it's outracing them forever. They don't fucking stop. Ever.

Who wrote this? The dialogue is lovely.

He needs to get his prescription glasses rechecked.

Jack Kirby, I believe.

Darkseid deliberately sent Batman into the past so that his time jumping would gather energy for the Hyper Adapter.

I think it's time for me to re-read Final Crisis.

Lynch yourself.

Implying that Dakseids thoughts would be slower than the thoughts of the author's pet character

Darkseid is the new god

He's A New God. Very powerful, but one of many.

>Taking Darkseid's word for it
YOU FELL FOR HIS DECEIT! Loser.

Yeah, Jack Kirby. I honestly love his writing style, it's just so bombastic

He turned him into a bomb. As Batman made his way back through time he accumulated Omega energy that would have blown up the present had the JL not defused him.

That's not in Final Crisis, it's all in Return in Bruce Wayne.

Because it was OMEGA SANCTION, not OMEGA BEAM that hit Batman. Completely different. Kids these days, don't know their basic comic trivia. Embarrassing.

Except Doomsday who is apparently wipe from existence-proof

Because he's crooked

Because he is the tiger force at the center of all things.

Because he's the god dam batman.

Because Darkseid is.

You should read the new gods saga.
All of it.

maybe

Damn, Kirby, the brightest candles burn up the fastest ;-;

then they can't ever hit, ever

why the fuck didn't they appear earlier in the show?
All they get is 1 movie and a cameo in JLU

But why does he make them zig-zag constantly?

Parkinson's. Very sad.

>50 year career

As much as I love his big, dramatic speeches, this will always be my favourite Darkseid moment.

Everyone gets tired.

Sup Forums led me to believe he was a Grant Morrison character.

>Fuck casuals.

This person currently draws Aquaman.

Its just that Morrison is one of the few modern writers who dont use him as just another Alien Warlord. Darkseid and the New Gods are Kirby's biggest contribution to the wider DCU.

Where is this from? Looks like there might be feels.

That is a great miniseries, and such a good part of the maxi-series.

Grant Morrison's Seven Soldiers, specifically the Mister Miracle mini-series. And yes, there are a lot of feels, especially in #4 As we see the Omega Sanction in action .Its a really good series, and one I'd recommend to anyone.

because he's Batman.

Imagine being this much of a casual

no

you're using words you don't understand

if they can't stop, they can't hit, because they can't lose any energy of any kind to anything, and may as well not exist

they're as limited by conventional thermodynamics as you or i regardless of whether they're magic eye lasers or not; if they don't transfer energy they don't stop, but if they don't transfer energy, they can't affect anything, even by quantum entanglement - because that would require the transfer of information rather than energy, but would conversely require that the information flow be two-way, so that they could be stopped by a duck farting or something without Darkseid every understanding why

i thought that was going to be a jojo joke at first

>all this sperging
Jesus...

>they're as limited by conventional thermodynamics as you or i regardless of whether they're magic eye lasers or not;
I don't think you understand what the word magic means.

... Its a fucking death beam that can send people through time, or destroy them utterly - no equal/opposite reaction, no energy/matter conversion, nothing.

>but if they don't transfer energy, they can't affect anything, even by quantum entanglement
The omega power acts at a level beyond the quantum. Multi-universal reality manipulation. when the beam moves, it has always been moving, and when the beam hits something it's always been hitting something and never moved in the first place. The crazy zig-zags are the artist trying to show that universe's realty warping to Darksieds will. Is that possible? No user, no it is not. Deal with it.

Usually it's to chase anyone that tries to run away from them, but he also likes to make them twist and turn on still targets just to make them feel dread at their inevitable death. When will it hit them They don't know, how long will they keep circling them? They don't know.

...How old do you think Grant is? Honest question.

That's what the bat monster Barbatos was. He used Bruce to try to blow up the universe in case he failed to do it himself.

I was always under the impression the Omega Beam worked like lightning. It's path appears jagged and random because it's an immense distillation of power rather than a focused laser, and whatever Darkseid wills to be hit is instantaneously BTFO... Unless, I don't know, maybe his focus is divided when some cheating faggot manages to dodge it. Darkseid's will may be absolute, but I guess his attention could be divided in circumstances were he isn't just executing some miserable clod that fucked up.

Now THIS is autism

Omega beams son.

>sperging over sperging
>Sup Forums
>2017

pick three

>no equal/opposite reaction, no energy/matter conversion, nothing.

haha OK you GENUINELY don't understand anything at all, stop talking

you literally contradicted yourself in that one post and you don't understand how, because you're a fucking tard

no, i understand - it's magic, it's not subject to blah blah

but it's not possible for it to NEVER stop if it can affect anything that is - it has to be able to stop when it finds the target

otherwise it's useless

OK, now you're saying "quantum" like you understand what that is

it's not "magic", true, but it's not physics either, in the conventional sense - and this isn't it just because you don't understand the very simple concept of infinity as originally invoked by user

if it never stops, it is infinitely moving; but since it doesn't impart infinite information or energy into the universe around it, it's meaningless to say "never"; it clearly cannot affect anything if it never stops

>Is that possible? No user, no it is not. Deal with it.

i have dealt with it

i'm laughing at what a shitty Yahweh expy Kirby shat out for a failed toyline comic nobody even bought originally, and what a truly awful set of fans DC now has to pander to with this garbage-tier writing

i mean fuck user how you justify the mental leap from "it has always been moving" to "it never stops" i don't care, but just because you can talk shit and other likeminded neckbeards stroke your dick over it doesn't make you right

Darkseid is garbage, New Gods is a failed project that Kirby resented never taking off while he was working for DC and never being able to control after he left, and you're a moron

Can Darkseid shape his omega beam into a heart to impress a qt grill?

Sadly it would be. And even sadder is that Cyclops has unintentionally become one of Marvel's best characters despite that.

>but it's not possible for it to NEVER stop if it can affect anything that is - it has to be able to stop when it finds the target
Again, you don't understand what the word magic means.

>Quantum mechanics (QM; also known as quantum physics or quantum theory), including quantum field theory, is a branch of physics which is the fundamental theory of nature at the small scales and energy levels of atoms and subatomic particles.
It's really not that hard to grasp user. Darksied is a literal Deus Ex Machina. Quantum Physics alter to fit his interactions, not the other way around. And depending on how canon earth 2 is, this can also explain how people like Superman and Batman are able to adjust the effects, themselves being something of a multiversale constant, getting wrecked by Darkseid and then another Superman or Batman popping up, or not getting wrecked all together.

We'll she is kryptonians and they basically have supercomputer brains that can process information much faster than we can