So if he didn't believe he was a toy then why did he freeze whenever Andy or another human showed up?

So if he didn't believe he was a toy then why did he freeze whenever Andy or another human showed up?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Ywu1DeqXTg4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Instinctual habit he never thought about.

Confirmed by director too. It's just a weird instinct.

Someone else noticed the first time the toys did it, Buzz didn't drop with them immediately, instead looking at them before doing the same motion, so you could alternately argue he was just trying to conform to their customs in hopes it would get him out of there to defeat Zurg

Survival mechanism when facing a giant, they won't kill you if you play dead.

What has me curious is...There are a lot of fucking toys.
Security cameras and cell phones exist.
And they showed that they can break their instinctual habit rather easily when they delt with Sid.

So why hasn't there been, out of the potential billions of toys to have existed, at least one who said "Fuck this gay shit" and decided to blow the lid on the entire thing by waltzing out onto the 6 o'clock news and just telling everyone that every toy is, like him, alive.

Or in the very least a few real dolls that felt so strongly for their human that theu just blurted out something during sex.
I mean, those are technically toys too.

Oh, but this has "happened" in real life. We dismiss people who talk about such things as insane and videos of such things as fake.

Because the movies only cover a few core moments in the lives of Andys toys, so if any incidents like that have happened in the Toy Story universe, they haven't been mentioned (and the acknowledgement of them would distract from the movies main story anyway)

People would write stuff off as fake or figure the witnesses were just crazy.

If a large enough audience saw it they'd chalk it up to robots.

It really is damn hard to believe toys are sentient, that's the best alibi.

Wouldn't people working in the toy industry be doing something to the toys to make themselves sentient? They just can't become sentient on their own, so is this a secret kept well within the industry? Also, why don't they break out of their instinct when they're being tortured, like someone like Sid but much worse? Is it really worth it to have a slow painful death for a secret that they're sentient? Did Sid have therapy for schizophrenia after his experience? Were toys who went rogue and broke the toy code considered possessed by the public?

Buzz lost his arm and was alright.

The toys don't feel pain.

Wait, does that mean my hentai figures come to life? Fuck.

Would it still be worth getting destroyed for a secret though? They're already doing the worst possible thing they can do to you, so why not let loose?

I think it may depend on the type of toy, Woody screamed in agony after Sid burned a hole through his forehead. It's also possible that Buzz was in such a depressive state that he didn't even care.

toys all belive that they are what the package says, the more marketing that there is associated with them, the heavier the design and branding the more they belive it and the more thats thir personality
still they freeze whenever a human is around because its involutary
woody doesnt have to freeze but woody barely remembers what he was suppossed to be in the first place because he is an old toy, in the sequel he finds out who he is
the pig and potato head are both mean, they also play the villains in andys games, thats no coincidence. Toys ont form their own personalities, they are told who they are

>user has never seen a haunted doll video

It's how the toys were programed

woody doesnt have a detachable head
he screamed because he was getting broken

Fair point, but if I was a toy I would run away if somebody was going to attach an explosive to me and light it up. Screw the rules, I wanna live.

This is something that has annoyed me since watching Toy Story 2 as a kid, wouldn't Andy's mom wonder where he got Jessie and Bullseye? Not even the slightest question if one of his friends gave them to him?

>Realdoll blurts out something during sex

I could see something like this happening in that universe but the doll gets their owner to keep quiet about it. I mean they would probably be stoked as fuck to know their fucktoy can now do more things like kiss and cuddle and would probably be willing to keep their mouths shut.

Woody didn't show any pain to losing his arm in the second film, either.
Also, the scene after the toys' first day at Sunnyside seems to imply they were in great pain.

When Buzz meets the updated Buzz in Toy Story 2, the updated Buzz is annoyed with the regular one because "all soldiers are to remain in cryosleep" or something along those lines. Staying still is probably just something instinctual they all do, and over time some come up with justifications for it.

My biggest problem with this movie, and even moreso with the Cars series, is not the holes in logic themselves. In most individual films, you can tailor your world and characters to that one story you're trying to tell and get away with it just fine. Logic holes are more forgiveable the less they're dwelt on.

So the problem comes when you introduce SEQUELS. Serializing your story immediately requires more detail. Much of that is filled explicitly by writers, but even more comes from audience inference. The longer we spend in a world, the more time we have to question it -- and so, the less logic in that story's universe, the quicker your suspension of disbelief falls to shit.

Toy Story 3 is when that world started creeping me out. It was cartoonish enough for two movies, but by three it started playing as this weird slavery cult thing.

Cars 2 was enough to spook the fuck out of me. A civilization that's existed 100 years with no opposable thumbs, doomed to the caste they're "born" into, Cronenbergian bio-mechanical monsters, etc. AnthroCar user's detailed schematics of Car mating only proves the horror inherent.

The point is, if Disney weren't such sequel addicts, we wouldn't have to deal with this shit.

As a kid i just assumed it was because he saw everyone else do it.

I'm sorry about your autism, user.

I have two hours left at work and am bored as fuck, sue me.

>but by three it started playing as this weird slavery cult thing.
Oh no, don't worry, they were actually just in comas/purgatory/whatever. Christ.

fuck you, it's interesting to think about
just because you don't have the brain capacity to discuss things doesn't mean you have to shoot people down
go be stupid somewhere else

Plus the end when they were fucking terrified of the ginormous pit of fire they were slowly falling into.

Well that one is completely justified, though. Whether or not it's painful, the process would still kill them.

In the first movie Woody says something about "breaking the rules" when it comes to plan about moving in front of Sid, so there's clearly some sort of entity governing these toys, instilling the necessity to not been seen being alive by humans. There must be some sort of dire punishment or something for toys who threaten to break the facade and reveal the truth to the world, or else Sid's toys would have done it a long time beforehand to escape their horror. There must be some kind of God or something overseeing things and if toys break the rules they're destined to go to Toy Hell when they die.

just keep in mind that it's a cartoon series for children, that being said there isn't any need for logic beyond what is seen.

I'm sure she wouldnt even remember it think about it. I brought a lot of toys home as a kid and my parents never questioned it

it's fantasy

maybe hes like a goat and freezes up when scared

>tfw too dumb to be creeped out by Cars and Toy's Story

I always figured that he didn't want the giant, possibly dangerous humans doing anything to him, so he blended in with the toys by pretending to be one, himself, whenever they walked in. It always made sense to me, at least.

Stop-motion
youtu.be/Ywu1DeqXTg4

turn off your brain bro

And the babies from Rugrats are all dead, and Ash Ketchum's friends and enemies are representations of his emotions, and the KND are actually terrorists.

>Implying it's not Big Toy deliberately putting surplus military AI chips into toys as a tax write off

You'd think people would stop putting military computer chips in things, it never works out well.

You know something funny?

/mlp/ Toy

>user have been masturbating on applejack toy
>"God darnit. Buck me, ya idiot."

It would have been easier if they just went with the explanation that the toys moving around is also pretend. They are not actually moving physically so no one actually sees them talking to each other. It's something that happens on their level.

This also means all sex toys and blow up dolls are secretly alive too

No, it's about revealing Toys are sentient at all.

In toy story 3 we discover that the toys use the internet.

Be honest with me Sup Forums, who here is a toy?

Only a toy would ask a question like that.

They were still moving, it's just that humans perceive time differently than toys so to Andy they were moving so slow they appeared to be motionless.

Do you think they would love it or hate it? They were made for it after all.

Yeah, but if they love it there's aways that one guy who wants to "be himself" and "reject the norms" and "star in a shitty kids movie".