Dumbing of Age

Tonight, the joke is that there is a real sculpture outside an elementary school that (as far as I can tell from a cursory google search) Willis, and only Willis, refers to as "blowjob cat".

Hilarious.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairview_Park,_Indiana
walkypedia.wikia.com/wiki/Meredith
shortpacked.com/index.php?id=708
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Oh, and I'll save you all the trouble of ruining your search history with "blowjob cat". It is real.

Just leave it to Willy to be driving by an elementary school, see a cat sculpture, and immediately think of blowjobs.

Willis' dumb joke aside, what were they thinking with that design?

That thing is kind of a nightmare.

Is a Taco Bell Border Card just a gift card? I never heard of them before.

Joe pretty stand up guy. I want more awkward banter with Joyce

I learned something today

It looks like a blow-up doll fucked a wall.

... I can't unsee it.

Goddammit, Willis actually made a joke

Gonna guess a black school

This is literally filler.
We broke away from Ruth and Amber talking it out so that Willis could make a joke about a semi-obscure sculpture in his hometown.

And people say this comic has a knack for pacing.

I see it less as a blowjob cat and more of a cat that has peered into the void and now only knows its own suffering and pain, crying and lamenting to those who will never understand its anguish until death.

Funny how when Willis isn't focusing on body image bullshit his best work is still with Joe.

>Ruth and Amber talking it out so that
I'm fine with that Amber is such a hypocritical piece of shit. All her argument are straight cringe worthy.

People are really taking the donut apology well. I'd have figured more people would take what I'm sure is the Rachel path and cuss him out at his little table while crushing donuts in her hands.

Willis has always had this weird way of always using Joe is somewhat sensible ways. The beginning of this was completely retarded, but by the end of it I guarantee you Joe is coming out on top.

It'll still piss off his readers, but Joe's always kind of been immune to their bullshit.

So, I haven't checked back in this thread since Ryan got stabbed. I just have one question.

Has anyone posted any good lewds since then? Or have we stolen any more of Willis's mediocre lewds?

From Fairview Elementary's website:
>Artisticat, the Fairview Wildcat, lives on the southeast corner of the school. Artisticat was created in partnership with Joe LaMantia, local artist whose children have attended Fairview.
>Through community planning sessions, a student design was chosen and pieces of our old building were selected to be included in this project.
>Artisticat’s eyes are lights from the old entry area
>her nose comes from the door to the old coal room
>her mouth is cut from the fire escape slide
>and the Fairview letters on her base were taken from the front of our old building
>On the ground in front of Artistict are two mosaic paw prints. These were made by 2010 sixth graders using marble from window sills in the old building
>Artisticat came to live at Fairview in the fall of 2010
>Our sixth grade class named our wildcat Artisticat combining artist and cat
>Students gave distinctive spots by proudly painting her with their handprints.
I think is spot on. Artisticat is a creature built of the suffering and horrors that must have befallen the poor students of the "old building". The screams of children flow from her gaping maw in the light of the blood moon. Only through the suffering of a new generation of children is her dark hunger sated, and a her true terrors held at bay.

I liked this, although maybe it's just because I like Joe.

Fuck off Willis.

>inb4 "I'm totally not Willis!"

Your comic manages to be so mediocre that it's not even entertaining to mock, unlike QC, which is why everyone knows you're the one spamming it here.

Even your fucking tranny is boring.

How do you manage to make a tranny more boring than QC, Willis?

That pic is funnier than the comic, not that that is a particularly high bar.

Nice Bendis dialogue

Bendis dialogue?

BLOWJOB CAT!

Google it. He's kinda right.

Right?

...Okay, that was actually a pretty good joke.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairview_Park,_Indiana
>The racial makeup of the town was 98.2% White, 0.1% African American, 0.1% Native American, 0.2% Asian, 0.1% Pacific Islander, 0.6% from other races, and 0.5% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.8% of the population.

Sorry Sup Forums

>Google it.
I don't think it was a sincere question, I think it was playing along.

People don't even get stabbed in QC. Or accused of transphobia for light insults. Or get almost raped. Or get kidnapped and dragged into the dumbest car chase ever.

Pretty much nothing happens in QC except random people being gay or trans or trying to fuck a robot.

>gluten free
What an awful bitch. Hopefully she never shows up again and I can assume she killed herself. Unless this is some ultra-obscure character Willis is pulling out of his ass that I can't be bothered to remember.

Huh. well how bout that.

>only transgender character in the female dorms is a self-obsessed bitch
Willis' attempts at diversity are funny.

>conservative town in Indiana
>half of the characters are gay or trannies
Why the hell did Danny become gay. This comic started out actually pretty funny, it was fairly politically neutral (with some obvious anti-Fundie and left leaning opinions), but now it's just become a shitfest.

>>her mouth is cut from the fire escape slide
You stupid fucks, if you just cut the segment in half she could have had a perfectly cute :3 face rather than Lovecraftian insanity.

>Amazigirl is about to kick the shit out of Sal at the rally
>Amazigirl is known for beating up criminals
>People in the crowd assume that since Amazigirl is about to beat someone up, they most likely have committed a crime
>Comment section begins lambasting them, calling them misogynists and racists
>"Who would have known the family values crowd was a bunch of misogynist racists"
Why am I reading this comic anymore

Nothing new acquired yet. Still waiting for more.

Please e-mail me at [email protected] if anyone gets hold of the newer stuff. I'll add it to the Dropbox file if you do. (This keeps NSFW stuff out of the thread, since it can get us banned or deleted.)

>Your comic manages to be so mediocre that it's not even entertaining to mock, unlike QC, which is why everyone knows you're the one spamming it here.
What? I'm having fun. I love to mock this steaming pile of crap.

That's not from the actual comic. It's an edit. Carla's not boring, because she's aggressively annoying.

As of a few months ago, she suddenly has lived on the main characters' floor the entire time, despite having never been seen before, including in the initial floor meeting that allegedly had everyone there. Her name is Meredith.

>Marcy doesn't go to the school
>School says she's not their responsibility when she gets kicked
>Comment section in flames
>Saying anything remotely left of center gets you banned
I'm not sure who's stupider, the comment section or me for reading it

Bendis? That guy that makes comics? That Bendis?

The author got stabbed in QC.

You can't even manage to be that funny.

Fuck off Willis.

>November 9th strip
>Lament
>i'm sorry everyone
>that comments section
It was worth reading just for this.

>notice that more and more characters become gay
>the fucking comp sci teacher becomes a tranny
What is even happening anymore, has Fairview, Indiana become a gay singularity? Is this comic some absurdist parody of diversity comics?

The computer professor is definitely a fluke, since she was based on a real person.

All the gay and bi people? Just Willis trying to reflect a slightly skewed view of reality that in no way reflects what a conservative town in Indiana would contain.

Straight:
1. Mary
2. Ryan
3. One of the Rachels (there are two)
4. Agatha (blonde Mormon)
5. Dorothy
6. Walky
7. Joyce
8. Amber/Amazi-Girl
9. Sarah
10. Sal
11. Jocelyne/Josh (likes guys) (Joyce’s sibling)
12. Roz
13. Joe
14. Jacob
15. Lucy (Malaya’s roomie)
16. Ken (pointless, works at Galasso’s)
17. Raidah (horrible person, hates Sarah, dating Jacob)
18. Jason (blonde math guy)
19. Penny (redhead Brit)

Bisexual:
1. Ruth
2. Marcie (mute, not deaf)
3. Billie
4. Danny
5. Mike (whichever preference spites you the most)
6. Sierra (footloose and fancy free)
7. Grace (dating Mandy, lives with her)
8. Mandy (looks like Willis)

Gay:
1. Becky
2. Leslie (Gender Studies prof)
Becky
3. Newspaper editor-in-chief (Daisy)
Becky
4. Ethan
Becky
5. Kaitlin (Becky’s old roomie)
Becky
6. Mindy (until proven bi)
7. Anna (until proven bi)

Asexual:
1. Carla
2. Galasso? (pizza man)

Generally undefinably not straight:
1. Robin
2. Malaya
3. Dina
4. Bryan (Tales of Sinterest)
5. Sayid (Tales of Sinterest)
6. Alice (Billie’s old friend)

Trans girl:
1. Josh/Jocelyne (straight [likes guys]) (Joyce’s sibling)
2. Carla (asexual)
3. New Alex

Entirely unknown (mostly because they are background characters that no one cares about--I pulled names from tags under strips):
1. Sydney Yus (worked at Galasso’s)
2. Other Rachel (purple hair)
3. Riley (youngest DeSanto, likes cereal)
4. Dean McHenry
5. Peyton (faceless student)
6. Frieda (Robin’s assistant)
7. Taylor (intern)
8. Tyler (intern)
9. Dawson (intern)
10. Arnold (strawman from Shortpacked! that has been the background twice)
11. Tony (football player that Danny tried to pick a fight with)
12. Asma (Muslim at front desk)
13. Meredith
14. New Alex
15. Old Alex

I'm mostly reading this comic ironically at this point, sped through the whole thing and watched it devolve into the mess it is today. It was actually a good comic at first, it's a damn shame.
What I find weird is how Willis presents all these gay characters. They almost seem like they're purposefully bad, as if it's some sort of self-aware parody.
Like, a middle aged woman calling a young lesbian a "gay baby"? What planet does Willis live on dude?

Why do you read QC, user? Tell me, what do you think is more interesting or bad in QC?

What the fuck is Carla's problem, why do these jackoffs in the comment section like her
She skates in the halls after being repeatedly told not to, antagonizes people, and calls herself a goddess

People like her because she can get away with all the horrible things the commenters wish they could do in real life, I guess.

because nobody tells ME what to do

Im not Willis, numbnuts.

What exactly is your basis for assuming that someone is Willis? You keep doing it. It's getting old.

Willis takes his comic way too seriously. He views any criticism or joke at him or he comic as a massive personal insult. He zealously deletes stuff on his own social media that even slightly disagrees with him.

He's NOT going to post somewhere where he cannot control the narrative. He's NOT going to make fun of himself.

So give it a rest already.

28 is middle aged?

In comparison to the actual people who say "gay baby"? Yes.
The only people who speak like that are aged 13-24 tumblr girls.

To be fair, the elementary schoolers were thinking of blowjobs too, whether or not you want to admit it.

Today was the first okay strip in since the stabbening.
Joe just makes everything better.

>He forgot to add the "FAIRVIEW" letters and the whiskers coming from the backside.

What kind of hack fraud scheme is this guy running?

No, the statue of the cat is in Bloomington, the elementary is just called fairview
it's still not a black school so he's retarded

They presumably went that route so the words would be coming out of its mouth but the whole thing would have looked better without any text at all.

At the very least, they should have made a collar and put the words on it.

so did _he_ decide to fuck off again rather than spam his shitty webcomic?

What happened?

It's Bloomington.
And the compsci teacher didn't become a tranny; they were outright replaced by one.

>He views any criticism or joke at him or he comic as a massive personal insult.
That's because he seems to treat DOA as a self-therapy blog of sorts.

Ryan came back in the comics approximately three months after the Brock Turner trial where he was let go. Willis seems to have been using Ryan as a representative for Turner, and similarly his characters (Amber, Sal, Dorothy, etc.) were Willis' own avatars for bringing him to a justice that was not achieved in real life. As you can see, Willis seems to think that Brock Turner deserved to be stabbed to death.

>Why am I reading this comic anymore
To shit on it for being terrible and see how deep the rabbit hole of terribleness goes.

For the moment.

To give Ethan another story about how he's gay.

Holy crap. I figured Meredith wasn't new, but I found her on the Walkypedia. She was the one Amber's Internet boyfriend lived with and left her for. Weird.

walkypedia.wikia.com/wiki/Meredith

shortpacked.com/index.php?id=708

I've lived in Bloomington all my life (19 yrs old) and I can safely say that its actually pretty accurate

lots of gays and trannies and liberals here, mostly at the university, though

Also, her friend is Donna, which ends up being the name of Amber's child. Weird.

Wow, really? I would have expected a lot less diversity.

Nobody wins when you read the comments section.

Yeah, it's pretty diverse. I mean, the population is still like 88% white but since I hang around the university and downtown the diversity is more noticeable.

Willis is actually pretty spot on.

Also people keep calling us a conservative county (Monroe) but B-town is actually p. damn liberal.

Reality has a liberal bias, user. It's perfectly normal to be at least bi. Pure heterosexuality is actually very rare. Its just that people have been pressured into hiding it. You just have to know the signs to look for, and then you can find lgbt folks everywhere.

[citation needed]