"haha lol dude one person can't change the entire world so why even try": The Comic

>"haha lol dude one person can't change the entire world so why even try": The Comic

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XHxWTJucJqs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>missing the point this badly

Not even that. OP is projecting and making up points.

>haha lol dude one person can't change the entire world so why even try
Well come on, that's true. Change needs many.

Unrelated note, people who say The Incredibles is just kids Watchmen just because Rorschach suspects it make me want to open my wrists.

What a specific sentence to chose to infer onto a comic to make a stupid thread.

>one person can't change the entire world

But Ozyamdias did it 35 minutes ago

that's the whole point

Oh boy, here we go. This is the part where you try to tell me that the story is just too deep for me to understand, right? How Alan Moore isn't a pretentious, bitter cunt and that he could skate philosophical circles around the average comic book reader?

>Implying his ludicrous plan would /ever/ have long term effects.

nobody said the change had to last

Clearly Ozymandias thought it would be long term, otherwise he wouldn't have done it .

It's not "so why even try" retard. Ozy did it, but it won't even work. The book is not giving you a moral like a fable or a golden age propaganda comic, it's about the struggle to be a hero and a hero's place in a post-modern world.

>missing the point this bad

This, a lot of post modernist text are like 16th to 18th century philosophy. They're there to show the flaw in logic and to compelled you to ask the question.

Alan moore IS Pretentious and a bitter cunt
the story is NOT that deep
Even with all that beign true you missed the point badly, and you are a fucking salty faggot.

He put it in there at the end.

In front of all of you fucking assholes.

"If you had cared from the start, none of this would have happend"

All of the issues, all of the problems, If you had just cared about these issues before it got to this point of squid monster armagedon you could have kept everyone safe in their beds at night.

But you don't care. Not at the start and not until you feel the hot spill of napalm down your back do you care enough to look at where anyone is taking you.

youtube.com/watch?v=XHxWTJucJqs

god damn, haley fucking nailed rorschach

EVERYTHING has longterm effects. That's the entire point of Watchmen.

In the Marvel and DC universes you had all these superheroes running around, any one of whom could have changed the course of history or science, yet the world still looks relatively the same. You still had turmoil in the middle east, you still had cancer and disease, you still had the Cuban Missile Crisis that superheroes could have solved in a second, you still had Nixon committing crimes in office, you still had America losing in Vietnam when superheroes could have gone in and won it, JFK still got shot.

Moore felt like if superheroes actually existed, they would either have stopped those or things from happening, or actually be the ones behind them in the first place.

The existence of Dr. Manhattan, one measly superhuman, alone causes the Watchmen universe to look nothing like the real world, with futuristic technology. America won Vietnam and Nixon never got caught. The people aren't disillusioned with the government. The world, instead of being afraid of a war between American and Russia, are afraid solely of America because it has Manhattan.

That's what Watchmen is about, that the world never STOPS changing. Every action sends out ripples.

Right?

Best possible universe shit right there.

I still question if humanity was better off in the long run with Manhattan still on Earth.

The more I try to find flaws in Watchmen, the more I decide it's pretty much perfect. You might disagree with Ozymandias or even think he made a mistake, but that's perfectly fine.

Anyone who feels this deconstruction was the pinnacle of capeshit comics obviously has not read a lot of comics from that same time and just drones following the hive mind. Is it good? Yes. It is the best, fuck no.

While Nixon's crimes were unacceptable, I think you're over-exaggerating their severity. I think the reason Nixon is in his fourth term is much more likely attributed to his success in Vietnam, and therefore America's willingness to keep electing a President that wouldn't take any bullshit from the commies. Much more akin to why FDR served four terms.

B-but

The final pages are literally the exact fucking opposite of that

Ozy changes the world. Then Rorschach potentially undoes that change. Posthumously. In both cases, both are just one man.