"Why don't normies like Superman, he's not too perfect or all powerful!"

>"Why don't normies like Superman, he's not too perfect or all powerful!"
>DCAU and DCEU depicts him as a fallible human who still does heroic things but can make mistakes
>"Reeeeeeee, Timm/Snyder hates Superman!"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hZW61C2_DJY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

DCAU paints him as a stoic god.
I want silly, charming, down to earth super dad kind of Superman

I mean DCEU*

>Not perfect or OP means to drag him down to our level
Guess what OP? You are a normie.

You were right the first time

you're letting them kill marthe

DCEU Supes is depressing as fuck. And DCEU movies (ending of BvS and JL trailers) keep shilling the whole "He is a beacon of hope and inspired all of us." bullshit. But it's just not believable. That "No one stays good in this world" line from BvS just made me really sad when I heard it.

>liking the superman of murder
>2013+4

>"He is a beacon of hope and inspired all of us." bullshit. But it's just not believable.
Fucking this.

Superman from the movies is like Carol Danvers from the comics in this regard.

kek these posts will never not make me laugh

not even stoic more like some Greek pantheon god that just does nothing but fuck mortals up cause he can

He did get a statue built of him. And a few lines from Perry and Clark tell that he was liked enough.

But that's the issue, it's told, not shown. All you see are the people who hate him, save a few people with positive signs at the capitol building.

DCAU Supes is well-liked.

My biggest pet-peeves are the job (that was more a JL thing) and the lack of Lois/Clark while we had shit like Lex/Lois and Bruce/Lois.

Then again, Dini and Timm cucked Dick and Katar big time, while Bruce ended up living a miserable life without love and Selina wasn't really her. The lack of Lois/Clark seems almost tame.

I like this Superman.

>DCAU Supes is well-liked.
Really? Just about every JL thread I see has more than few people whining about how much of an angry dick he was or something.

Only the best Superman is smiling.

Holy shit only one of them is smiling. This is wrong. Japanese Superman or bust.

Superman isn't supposed to be the standard, he's the IDEAL.

Man, I miss Dean Cain Superman.

>They remembered Kirk Alyn
That makes me happy, Alyn is underrated as hell. He even pulled off the more assertive Clark ages before Crisis on Infinite Earth.

>Actually defending Snyder Superman

He didn't need to jump out of the way of that

MAN OF MURDER

Well see, Superman isn't allowed any emotions beyond smiling happily with a permanent rictus.

Timm painted him as a dickwad
Tim Daly's voice was too stern I think as well

>have to CGI Henry Cavill's hair because he's bald

>have to CGI his mustache

It's called a reflex to dodge. He's literally in his second fight of his life.

he was an angry dick
and also got beaten up an awful lot

I mean that DCAU Superman is boring. That and he wanted to Kill Darkseid for years

Really, memes aside, why do people say Cavillman doesn't act heroic? I get it if you don't like his somber and introspective nature, that's subjective. But you see him doing things like rescuing the oil rig workers, saving a guy who had previously been attacking him, using his job as a journalist to stand up for people he thinks are being mistreated, all the stuff during the news montage, sacrificing his life for others, etc.

Once again, I understand if you don't like the execution, but he's obviously altruistic. Otherwise, he wouldn't have been so distraught about Lex blowing up Washington.

Hey Sup Forums, remember when you were crying about not muh Superman why he wasn't automatically 100% loving and supportive stepfather figure to his clone in Young Justice?

You know, I just watched the fight scene again, and all Supes does is that, and scrape Zod's face against the glass of a building. That's it. Most of it was the World Engine.

It's because he mostly saves people in situations where a competent team of firemen would suffice, outside of the oil rig thing. The fight in Metropolis with Zod really stands out since Supes actively allows collateral damage to happen, as seen in

This is why "people don't like Superman." Fans insist on making him a burning, morally perfect deity instead of a Super Man. Sit someone down in front of media where he's allowed to be an actual character, and people often respond to it. STAS was successful, Lois and Clark was successful, Smallville was initially successful, and so on.

>It's because he mostly saves people in situations where a competent team of firemen would suffice

Yeah, that's not heroic. Fucking poser.

in both cases it was Batman who was the more trusting and compassionate one rather than Superman

It's heroic in a real world grounded sense, but it's also not superhero heroic. I think a few more impossible odds type rescues would have sold it better, but then you run the risk of people complaining like when Superman Returns caught the plane.

I fucking loved that scene btw, the airplane buckling at the superstructure ribs and the sings coming off was great.

Keep in mind, Bruce has far more experience with kids and "sons".

Speaking personally, if I had a teenage pseudo son with all sorts of psychological issues dumped into my lap that I never knew even existed, I'd be at a loss at how to handle it too.

Yeah, I really hate Superman Returns (seriously who the fuck thought making him a stalker/deadbeat was a good idea?), but that was an incredible scene. It alone was worth the price of admission.

>I think a few more impossible odds type rescues would have sold it better,

You mean like when he's saving those soldiers from Faora and Namek in Smallville? Stopping Lois from bleeding to death in minutes with his heat vision? Saving that exploding space shuttle in BvS? Dragging a shipwrecked vessel in the Arctic?

soldiers arent civilians in need of rescue, there is a strong mental association there and you know it. Anyone with a hot piece of metal could have cauterized Lois and movie logic would let it pass, BvS doesnt fucking count for peoples perception of him which formed years before that and i will give you the ship.

A part of the problem is that it was all montage, you only see most of these for 5 or 10 seconds, where the oil rig scene or Returns with the plane last several minutes, ditto that with Reeve catching the helicopter in the first movie.

>you only see most of these for 5 or 10 seconds

Oh so there's a distinct time limit that has to be crossed before it "counts"

Yes. If it's not something that stands out then it isn't going to become part of your perceived image of the character. Any acts of heroism are drowned out by the spectacle of destruction that followed as they were much larger setpieces and perceptionally more important character moments. This is why the tornado scene gets so much flak It's a moment when Clark could have been heroic, and instead stood around and did nothing for 3 minutes.

The DCAU did not show him as stoic. It was the most human portrayal of Superman ever shown

Read my next post I meant the DCEU

The way he turns around to look at the explosion makes this look like a comedy scene.

Nobody cares about what you want, faggot.

Close, but wrong.

Its not even told that much. Its half heartedly alluded to and then the rest of the movie is dominated showing how people fear/hate him. The positive is drowned out by the negative. Even the bits that show him saving people (the montage) is so buried under snyders shitty imagery that you come away depressed.

Thanks for making that post, for a second there I almost thought people on the internet ACTUALLY read comics.

>distraught
>mild look of constipation before flying off

>throws zod through buildings, causing needless amounts of collateral damage, later kills him
>smashes that redneck's pickup out of petty revenge
>does mostly nothing in BvS until he hears about Batman, or finds out Lois is in trouble

And there is the fact that Superboy was created by Superman's enemies specfically to kill and/or replace Superman. Later Bats even admits that Connor could have subliminal programming they don't know about.

In that scene where Clark and Bruce are in the diner talking about the whole thing, if Supes had explained himself better instead of storming out fans would have been more accepting. So while I understand Superman's awkwardness around Connor, I can see why others might not like it.

youtube.com/watch?v=hZW61C2_DJY

Because DC has been pushing him to be a poor man's Spider-Man. Why would anyone want to read a poor man's Spider-Man over Spider-Man himself?

You are selectively picking out a few BRIEF circumstances. For example, your first one - he could have done more to prevent damage to people and property in Smallville than just the one instance you're showing when he saved a few soldiers. How many people do you think were in those office towers in Metropolis. Compare it to 9-11, not just in the damage and loss of life to the two towers (and there were more buildings damaged in MoS) but to the ancillary damage to the people on the streets, first responders, etc., damage they are suffering up to today.

It wasn't just the tornado scene, the response with the truck driver (it's highly unlikely the trucker owned the truck, he was likely a driver for hire and damages like that would not be covered by insurance - even if they were covered by insurance, that's just loss and property damage for no good reason. Likewise, it didn't just hurt the driver even if it was HIS truck, it also did damage to the power lines and other things.) It was a petty and dickish move, with absolutely nothing to think of it as heroic and saying that he was standing up for the waitress is BS.

Yes, he did, indeed and in fact, stand up for her. That IS admirable. Once he backed down inside the diner, the rest of it is not AT ALL admirable, much less heroic.

>>smashes that redneck's pickup out of petty revenge

Better than going out of his way to go back and physically bully the asshole trucker in Superman 2.

As Wally West said to Batman in The Flash, no one should "take" being "lectured" by a man who has gone through four Robins.

>he could have done more to prevent damage to people and property in Smallville than just the one instance you're showing when he saved a few soldiers.

Like how? Every time he tried to take the fight away he was pulled back to the street. He was being outmatched by engaging two highly experienced soldiers with the same powers as him. And as for the Metropolis fight, the World Engine had already caused massive damage, and he had no opportunity to do anything but keep Zod occupied once he made his genocidal ultimatum.

I care about what he wants.

You nearly made me spit out my tea

He knew the building was evacuated. That's why he just jumped over it. But he was still distraught by the destruction so he turned to look at it but that's when Zod got in a cheap shot. Snyderman is a hero.

Why is the picture so dark? Why is the camera shaking? This isn't even a real explosion.

Dean Cain is part Japanese

>Why is the camera shaking?
Snyder was holding the camera while fapping imagining that explotion in post production.

At this point in Young Justice Dick Grayson was the one and only Robin.

godawful writing (on purpose) by an insane showrunner does that

People complain aviut his power level. Not his personality.

Its like at first, he's all like, "Ah yeah, that looked totally badass." And then he realizes there's an explosion and then the explosion destroys the building and he's just like, "OH. UM."

Greg Weisman doesn't get Superman. And yeah. It did piss me off when I saw it.

people like an underdog or a hero that struggles to be stronger, than a hero that struggles to be weaker so he doesn't break anything.
Supes is always the guy who holds back in everything.
Depending on the writer his strength also varies. The only way to beat superman is out wit him to surrendering and that's pretty boring to people.

>Godawful writing

Superman should have gone OMG MY OWN CLONE! FINALLY I HAVE A HOMICIDAL AND POSSIBLY TICKING BIOENGINEERED WMD TIME BOMB OF MY OWN TO SPEND CHRISTMAS WITH!

>fix peoples problems with supermans powers by changing his personality.

Its the fact that he is far to powerful, and I know you said that, but as a person who doesn't care about or read superman thats the reason why. When DC has a rule about superman never losing its just pointless to read his stories. his villains are all fairly lame too.

Most of the DCU heros are the same, wonder woman is a cringy hypocrite who runs from man hating cunt to boring man hating cunt.

Batman is "prep time!' and as the most human of the bunch, he seems the most flawed and retarded. the man is a super genius and still hasn't figured out that joker is not curable.

Snyder is literally making the Randroid Superman.

So you're just full of cognitive dissonance, huh?

>only way to beat superman is out wit him to surrendering
Or to fucking beat him to death like Doomsday did you retarded casual. This arguement is fucking retarded anyway, when was the last time Bruce or Diana got beaten in a fist fight? All of Batman's "greatest" failures are when the villain outwitted him not clobbered him to death.
> than a hero that struggles to be weaker so he doesn't break anything.
This was literally Arkham Batman. The reason they gave for him not insta-KOing thugs is he needed to hold back so he didn't kill the thugs.

Most people who hate Supes are actual kids who are Batfags but think being a Batfag means you HAVE to hate everyone else.

This is what a person is like when the only thing they know about DC characters are memes.

>DC has a rule about Superman never losing

He got his shit pushed in by the Zod Squad and needed his friends to come and save him just an issue ago.

>Wonder Woman

Shes actually written as caring, cute woman in the stories that don't suck.

>Batman
>Most human of the bunch

If by "human" you mean "dysfunctional" then yeah. But Superman is the most normie with a 9-5 job, a boss, social obligations, and a family.

>When DC has a rule about superman never losing its just pointless to read his stories
[citation needed]

Seriously what garbage criticism is this? That's not specific to Supes or even DC. You could literally apply this to every goddamn comic character out there. No one is ever going to stay dead.

Why do you fags want normies to like him? Normies make everything worse.

>People complaining about this.
>Not realizing that building was evacuated.
>Not realizing by accidentally destroying the building superman created more Jobs.

>Could have easily stopped millions of dollars of property damage by taking the hit which wouldn't' have hurt him

>Looks like he's trying to do a "yeah I'm such a cool guy" pose while the explosions go off.

God damn it Zack.

This.

There's just a shroud of negativity and distance throughout the entire movie.

>No one is ever going to stay dead.
Uncle Ben, zatarra zatarra (I kind of want him to get a film before zatanna though) jor el, lara el, thomas wayne, Martha wayne, whats his name that was green lantern of kryptons sector when it exploded. Punishers family.

For the most part just be key to a backstory and you will just be trotted out for a few issues rvery now and then.

The DCEU doesn't depict him as a fallible human, it depicts him as an autistic alien god.

>Or to fucking beat him to death like Doomsday did you retarded casual.
>reeeeeeeee I'm easily insulted when some one answered my question!
Look autismo, I gave you a reason why, the only character was doomsday and after that he still came back to life.
Also you are comparing characters that are more easily harmed than superman.
>This was literally Arkham Batman. The reason they gave for him not insta-KOing thugs is he needed to hold back so he didn't kill the thugs.
nice head canon. It wouldn't be a game if you just have the "I win button."
You are a butt hurt superfag who gets so ass pained that the majority of people aren't sucking superman's dick.

thank you more like these

why are superman fans so easily threatened by everything these days?

People don't want him to be mr rogers, they just find Snyder' edgelord Batman-lite superman boring and dumb.

Remember when they tried to reinvigorate superman by giving him long hair, a black costume and guns? Remember how nakedly desperate it was? The outlook that created that is what created DCEU Superman.

Normies like superman, Sup Forums has autistic idiots thinking that superman not being more popular than batman or not making as much money from movies as iron man it means that people don't like him

Star wars made less money than avatar, doesn't mean star wars isn't more popular, thing is normies are not necessarily CONSUMERS of all the things they like. The biggest complaint normies had about BvS was that was both too confusing and the lack of superman, normies like cavill, they believe there's too little of him.

Superman isn't popular among Casuals tho, but among normies he is clearly more popular than any marvel character not named spider-man, the fact superman and now spider-man are not making more money with their movies means that the target audience wanted something different, not that the characters are not popular. Superman is still the third most popular superhero and the most famous in the entirr world.

fucking up and being depressed does not = human. There are more sides to humanity than that. Dean Cains superman was more human.

Using Johns as an example means you either dislike batman so your opinion about him is biased or that you are a casual.

Mongol
Metallo
Darkseid
Brainiac
Lex in his super suit
Parasite
Doomsday
Zod
Imperiex
Cyborg superman

How the fuck hard do you think it is to bring in or invent a character who is stronger than Superman? Do you think they don't do this? Have you never picked up a comic before in your life?

why do you asking these questions when all you do is just sperg out over the answers?

have you? seems like every time superman still beats them. Superman isn't an underdog story, he's a mortal that is near god status and all supes does is pull out a random power he has or ram into it at high speeds. The guy doesn't even need to breath and has all the powers that he needs. He's boring.

I'm a normie and I love Superman. I have every single live action Superman movie on Blu-Ray/DVD.

Henry Cavill's Superman is the most comic book accurate to post-Crisis Superman.

You obviously never read a single Superman comic, Marvelcuck.

Except the complaints long predate MoS.