Do you think Russian animation will ever truly take off?

Do you think Russian animation will ever truly take off?

youtube.com/watch?v=5Erab5fc2p0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I7Rxae95kH0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If it did not when we have access to all the great ones from the Soviet era, I doubt it will now with the awful shit made now.

things paid for by the state are going to competently made due to bottomless resources but also completely inoffensive and atopical.

greed might backfire and end up appealing(or downright creating) the lowest common denominator but wanting to sell you shit is how daring, new things are made.

This. They are actually making better and better movies all around. More of a global appeal. Nightwatch I feel was the start. Animation will continue to get better.

In a word: da.
Masha & the Bear looks better produced than the capeshit you see here, tovarishch.

I saw that short 2 years ago.

It was just a fucking short, nothing to make a thread about.

>It was just a fucking short, nothing to make a thread about.

Remember where you are, user. Take it from Ms Three seconds of screen time.

The fact she has no personality makes her so interesting (people can, and will, make up their own).

Not until country in the hands of criminals.

Why is their animation always so "fluid"?

The example you are thinking about is rotoscoping.

That, or different schools, different old cartoons to imitate.

Not with Tatarsky dead, no.
>m-muh Melnitsa
They ran out of steam after the third Bogatyrs movie and there are very few actually creative animators and they are mostly independent ones.

What? The OP? There are thirteen episodes.

Surprisingly, the English dub isn't terrible.

youtube.com/watch?v=I7Rxae95kH0

Ministry of Culture needs a fucking rehaul. I'm sure there are lots of talented animators who could use some aid, yet shit like Kids vs Wizards gets the sponsorship.

It's just a funds embezzling scheme. They know that nobody cares about Russian products aside from Masha and maybe Luntik, so they "finance" cheap shit to steal the money.

>old cartoons to imitate.
why can we do the same instead of copying jap memes

kids dont need daring things, they need good art to impulse their creativity and stories that teach them morals.

Plus....those legs.

any slavbros that can translate?

>evil deer

cute.

>CGI

meh.

There are three episodes out in English.

It's cute. Production quality is higher than I expected.

This is gonna sound weird, but as a rusfag, I feel weird watching most russian cartoons. Dunno why. Maybe because most of them are explicitly aimed at kids

Or maybe because nobody is even trying creating new designs, and instead aping the most generic westerns character designs.

*trying to create

Same here.
I haven't seen much russian adult-themed animation, like Pereval lately. Anime doesnt count.

I think Russia could pull off animating a short scifi or fantasy novel like Serbs with Technotize. I bet rusbros know some good reads.

>just watched Pereval a couple of days ago
Funny when such coincidences happen.

Still, there have been some good Russian cartoons. First three Bogaturs, Smeshariki (but only 2D episodes), Gem Mountain series, Kin-Dza-Dza movie (it got some mixed reviews, but I personally loved it) and this upcoming Courier movie looks pretty unique.