Saving Doctor Strange

It's painfully obvious that Marvel doesn't give two shits about its Magic side. After all, they did put Jason "Muh atheist boner" Aaron on Doctor fucking Strange of all things. BUT, the title sells better than most Marvel stuff, so I think the Doc can still be salvaged.

>retcon his age
None of this "looking like a 30 YO man" crap. Strange should look like a man in his 50s. Well mantained, but "old".

>do away with the quips
Seriously, why the fuck is Doctor Strange of all people quipping? And making out with Demon-ness-es mid-exorcism? It's silly and makes a lick of sense for him to change that much. Unless of course this is low-key Ultimate Strange AKA Strange Jr.

>bring back his regallity
What is it with the sneakers, lack of gloves, scruffy beard, etc, etc? Even if your story is the played out "muh magic and title are gone" shit, why take away his robes? Why?!

>bring back the supporting cast
Stop creating OCs.Bring back Clea & Rintrah. Give him either Magik/Billy/Nico as students. Bring in Hannibal King as a John Constantine type (King debuted before John FYI). Keep the Bar with no Doors, that was the only good thing Aaron did.

>revitalize the villains
Make Mordo more of an autistic swashbuckler. He wants to prove that he's the best, but he's not interested in governing kingdoms that much. The original Mordo got redeemed and the one running around is a time-displaced version. Give him a new niche and roll with it.

Bring back Le Fay and since the F4 are gone, pair her up with Doom as some sort of power couple. Doom is going to go back to villainy, so you might as well give him to Strange instead of Stark. Rework Lillith, Nightmare, and all the Eldritchs.

>alien magic
Seriously, why isn't Strange travelling to other planets to learn alien magic? We've seen alien sorcerers, so what gives? That'd be the hook of the new book.

So, any other ideas?

>Seriously, why the fuck is Doctor Strange of all people quipping?
Movie synergy.

>Atheists cant' write Dr. Strange

Dikto was one of Strange's best you goon. And Marvel magic has always had a sci fi edge to it. Canonically magic comes from worlds with higher numbers of dimensions and different physical values. It's very sci fi compared to so say DC's New Age/Hermetic flavored magic.

>Age
Agreed. Strange should look wisened.

>Do away with quips
Agreed

>Bring back his regality

Jesus Christ did they really give him sneakers? No wonder DC is raping them.

>Bring back supporting cast

Agreed. Have him interact with more magic people like Topaz and Jennifer Kale. No more OCs unless they don't suck dick.

Bar with no Doors was a cheap riff on DC's Oblivion Bar. Strange's Sanctum is cool enough for a hangout. Just put a bar somewhere in there. Its doors open to anywhere.

>Villains
No redeemed Mordo, no tryhard Mordo. Mordo was best when he was simple. He's a pure egotist jealous that Strange was the master's favorite. Keep it simple.

No fucking Doom. I'm so tired of writers sucking his metal clad dick. Only bring him in if he's going to get raped by Stephen and embarrassed.

>Alien Magic

It's what I'd write. I wouldn't have it be Strange having to "learn" alien magic. Because Strange is already sorcerer supreme of the universe. If there was a spell some aliens had that he needed he would have learned it well before Shuma Gorath killed the Ancient One.

I'd have it be about the pantheons and sorcerors of alien races struggling to establish territory. If one race lands on another race's planet which pantheon "controls" them? Dire Wraiths would HAVE to make an appearance along with Space Knights. Kymellians as well.

But MCU Strange at least had the grey temples. And his jokes were cheesy and meant to relieve some tension, but he was much more sordid than whatever this guy running around since ANAD is.

Marvel comics is bad at movie synergy. Just like they were bad at synergizing the Guardians of the Galaxy.

>Dikto was one of Strange's best you goon.
I'm not saying atheists can't write Strange. I'm saying that Aaron specifically can't. His rage-boner is so big, all of his stories are about gods/magic/spirituality dying/being useless. That's not the right attitude for such a book.

>Jesus Christ did they really give him sneakers?
Sneakers, normal pants, a brown belt instead of a sash, they got rid of the van dyke and gave him a beard, they scrapped the temples and the collar. The gloves are gone as well. He carries magicbaseball bats wrapped in barbed wire and makes Star Wars references...

>Agreed. Have him interact with more magic people like Topaz and Jennifer Kale. No more OCs unless they don't suck dick.
Marvel has a bunch of forgotten magic characters that they could use, that's true.

>Bar with no Doors was a cheap riff on DC's Oblivion Bar. Strange's Sanctum is cool enough for a hangout. Just put a bar somewhere in there. Its doors open to anywhere.
The Sanctum sound be kinda like Strange's TARDIS I think.

>No redeemed Mordo, no tryhard Mordo. Mordo was best when he was simple. He's a pure egotist jealous that Strange was the master's favorite. Keep it simple.
It's why I mentioned him being kind of a swashbuckler. He's no Red Skull, he's just a petty asshole who's not above a murder or two.

>No fucking Doom.
Honestly, Doom should've stayed with the F4. There's nowhere for his character to go in the "nothing matters" MU. Anyway, I was thinking of Ultimate Doom, really.Withhis Goat-Legs and Dracula anscestry. Him and Morgan Le Fay being a Magic Power Couple would be great.

>It's what I'd write
I was thinking more along the lines of the Jedi & Sith. You know, ancient temples, far off planets, alien and forbidden magic, stuff like that. Strange battled only humans to become Sorcerer Supreme. Why can't a Skrull come and challenge him for the title? There's potential in such a story.

That's... pretty accurate, actually. Remember how they retconned "Skye" in the MU? Now that's a whole load of fucking horrors.

Wasn't Sup Forums enjoying Robbie Thompson's Doctor Strange and the sorcerers Supreme?

Just because it's better than the trash that is Aaron's book doesn't mean it's actually good. It's entertaining enough, but that's it.

it's a top 3 book Marvel is publishing right now, every issue is a pure delight

>current event ends
>planetary shield goes down
>bunch of aliens who've been waiting to challenge Strange for his title show up
It could work

Jennifer Kale is my waifu
please use her more Marvel

Problem with trying to get the comic Strange in the movie form is the potential backlash from Home and Chinese market of "Promoting" witchcraft and sorcery. Chinese has strict rules about such in their limited allowed US films list and US news outlets would have a field day with the idea of a "Kid friendly" MCU film promoting "the dark arts".

The Strange we got for the MCU is likely the safest route they could've taken that wouldn't prevent it from being shown in it's major money maker and without it offending most stateside soccer moms.

Stupid as it is, that's the facts.

I get that, but they could at least do something different in the comics. Hell, just give him his seniority, at the very least. Dunno, just do something other than the current "I wear sneakers, fuck bitches and swing axes" version.

Dr Strange is already saved. You don't have to worry about it any more. Donny Cates is on him after this shitty event is over. And for an idea on what he can do with weird magical realms read his stuff in Heavy Metal. It's really out of this world.

This thread is why Marvel is right to hate fans.
Marvel has like three different Doctor Strange comics coming out right now. Read them or read some older comics. Or don't read them at all.

This fan fiction continuity management is sad.

t.Mouseketeers

>0.02 $ have been deposited in your account

>tells someone to read Heavy Metal
>Mouseketeer

Really ruffles my knoodlin

The new direction is once again Strange veins depowered and Loki getting the title of SS. Forgive me if I'm less than thrilled... eh, at least they're bringing in Loki and not another earther...

As for HM... torrents aren't easy to find about this, and I have no LCS in my shitty country, so...

I haven't read his heavy metal stuff, but his creator owned stuff is solid but not that creative. Though I'm still looking forward to trying out his run.

I heard that both Redneck and God Country were pretty good.