ITT: Great comics only

I'll start.

Just finished Seven Soldiers yesterday, and I was blown away. Really reminded me of why I like Morrison so much as a writer.

I love what Morrison did with the Xmen, but I just cant forgive him for The Invisibles.

Sauce?

Black Hammer

More and more posts like this have popped out, that ask for pages, after that facebook group.

What's wrong with The Invisibles? It's an amazing ride and one of the books that completely changed my life.

What? His X-Men is very uneven and at times quite lame while Invisibles is amazing.

What Facebook group?

4 posts in and already there's terrible taste.

and why is that?

Because Gwenpool isn't good outside of the art, the people in the storytimes even show that they don't give a shit about the book when the art isn't Gurihiru.

Gwenpool is good, but as soon as the ongoing stops and the waifufags move on it'll be forgotten. Its certainly one of the better Marvel books being put out right now ,but it wont stand the test of time.

The writer is good too. Christopher Hastings. He did Dr. Mcninja.

A lot of people liked edge of venomverse. the artist wasn't Gurihiru but the writer was still Christoper

what's some good entry level shit or just classics for me to read?
I've only been reading some of the more recent comics and I feel like I've missed out on a lot

>A lot of people liked edge of venomverse
That's an exception to what normally happens, normally it'd be people complain about it not being the normal art and then them not really caring about what's happening in the issue.

I just Essex County but how is Black Hammer?

Best comic all year.

The classics such as Watchmen, Maus, DKR, etc are all decent choices, and personally I'd recommend Planetary, Hellboy and Immortal Iron Fist.

However the only book i'd say is an absolute must is Understanding Comics. While you should read it after you've already read some other comics (So you can easier recognize what he discusses), it will allow for a far deeper appreciation for the medium.

check out this thread, people posting some good shit in there

I was really worried it was gonna be another shitty deconstruction of superheroes.
Turns out it's a pretty clever riff on a lot of different kinds of pulp comic characters, not just superheroes.

ay this was exactly what i'm looking for, thanks

Is Seven to Eternity any good? I still haven't finished/caught up on Manhattan Project or East of West

Outsider looking in here, I've seen plenty of interesting shit from Gwenpool but never any writing that stands out enough for me to actually check it out. It's very "pop".

>Is Seven to Eternity any good?

I didn't care for it. I loved the Manhattan Projects and East of West though.

>finish Prophet and enjoy it
>have no urge to read Earth War
Does Graham nail the ending? If he does I might bump it up my read list