Wilson

Holy fuck Sup Forums how is it that I never heard about this movie until now? This looks like a really good comicbook movie, Daniel Clowes even did the screenplay adaption to it. Woody is the perfect actor for this too. This looks to be a wild ride. Anyone see it yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=48cCcaxIi_E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

great, i dont like the source material and i dont like the actor

It's a hip meme to hate on Wilson here because Sup Forums gets offended at the main character being an unlovable asshole. Be ready for the thread to be flooded by these retards once someone posts that page in the taxi.

isnt the main character being an asshole the whle point of the entire thing?
it isnt even three dip four u, its just an asshole who gets old
the only thing i enjoyed was when he bothers the same guy he always bothers at the cafe and he tells him about his life for a change and wilson didnt even know he spent all those years bothering the exact same guy and acts like he doesnt know him

>isnt the main character being an asshole the whle point of the entire thing?
Yes it is, but don't tell Sup Forums that, they think writing an asshole on purpose is equal writing poorly on purpose.

then why does Sup Forums like Constantine and Batman

so the comic is just seeing him be an asshole over and over and we gest no satisfaction or payoff just more asshole?
if i wanted that i would visit my dad.
Say wathever you want about the writing, the comic is a joyless chore, i just kept waiting for something to change and then it ended and i was left with a sense of dread and a headache

I was hyped when it was first announced but there was fuck all theatrical releases where I leave so I've forgotten about it entirely

Just watched the trailer and I really like it.
youtube.com/watch?v=48cCcaxIi_E

I think it's too detached from my experience with the comic, which is cold and bleak and miserable, while the film seems to have a more upbeat tone, even though Wilson's an absolute asshole.
Pic related, for example. I don't think that's gonna be in this film. But I still want to watch it.

>the wife isnt a drug addict that acts completely lost every second

>i just kept waiting for something to change and then it ended and i was left with a sense of dread and a headache

Isn't that the point? I can understand not liking it, but dicks in real life don't magically get hit by karma or whatever.

so the point was making a comic nobody could enjoy?
why are htey amking a movie out of it then?

Except you can make a character who is a dick but its also funny or one who is a dick but has a good reason to be a dick or one who is a dick and ends up paying for it or changing
If your character is just a dick im not going to feel invested in him, im not going to get anything out of reading about him, im not going to enjoy him or anything like that
I guess its not bad writing its just a terrible idea for a character and a comic

Ever watch Requiem for a Dream or other really depressing stuff like that. Everyone gets fucked over and ends up in the worst possible way. The point into to enjoy it, it's just to feel something

I didn't read the comic other than a few pages I saw here and there so I can't really comment on it. I entirely disagree that it's a terrible idea and it can't be enjoyable however. In my opinion it doesn't always have to be enjoyable, sometime something can be written to make you feel something else.

They're the "amazing asshole" type that edgy teenagers like, and Sup Forums can self-insert into those and be the asshole.
This guys is more of a "petty asshole" type, so it's harder to relate or see past that.
Personally, I hate Constantine and everytime I see him I hope something bad happens to the cunt.

I liked the movie and the comic.

Shit, it's the one of two comics I bought this year

>Ever watch Requiem for a Dream
yes, also lost in translation
i dont remeber much about the first one because i zoomed out for most of it
lost in translation is about rich people havnig an affair and spending a lot of money just like in those travel shows
excpet now is a movie somehow

maybe you should read the comic to form an informed opinion
maybe then i would have any respect for what you have to say
also it made me feel nothing beyond i just wasted a lot of time reading a bad comic because some pretentious twat likes it because he projects himself on the protagonist

I never even said my opinion on the comic, I don't see how the fact that it's informed or not change anything.

My opinion that a main character can be a dick without necessarily being bad however is.

It's fine if you don't like that, but it's really silly to refuse to believe that some people would be interested.

>I entirely disagree that it's a terrible idea and it can't be enjoyable
>i never stated my opinion
its stupid because if you read the coic you would know whatt im talking about, you havent, you have no idea what im talking about and yet you feel like you have enough insight to tell me im wrong
maybe your parents shouldnt have given you so many participation awards

Oh you poor, poor thing. I feel so sorry for you. You are like a delicate little butterfly.

do you want t support my patreon?

Just admit that its over your head and you don't get it.

>you don't get it.
the universal defense for i like it because its shit

Why don't you go jerk off to batman and robin and spider-man you pathetic little capeshit faggot.

because i dont read superhero comics at all

Then go jerk off to your GI Joes and transformer comics then, I don't care.

That's not my opinion on the comics and I never claimed it was. I said that I entirely disagree that it's always a terrible idea to have a dick character. That doesn't mean I think the comic did it right, that means I've seen it work well in other stuff. At no point did I say anything about the comic or your opinion of it, just about the character concept

Lol it didn't even get a release in my country

i didnt even know those things have comics
go read the comic
you clearly have nothing better to do
its free online
it would only take you like an hour

Ok, and then what, I come back to tell you you're still wrong? Because even if I hate the comic that doesn't change a thing to what I said.

>i didnt tell you you are wrong
>Im going to read the comic just so i can tell you that you are wrong again and this time it will mean something
>even tho i have no idea if you are wrong since i havent read the comic yet

Do you have problems with your reading comprehension? I said you're wrong about dick characters in general, not about that specific comic that triggers you so much. In each of my post i said you can dislike the comics all you like, that doesn't mean what you said about irredeemable dick is right because of all the others that exists in fiction.

>t. Faggot