Do kids have tastes in Cartoons

Do kids have tastes? Do they even care what they watch?

Should a child under the age of 10 watch something like TTG or KND.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=joKMx6qkHa0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

My 4 year old nephew loves watching TTG

that's the age of TTG's target audience

I certainly did. Don't underestimate kids' ability to discern quality.

They have tastes, but they are different than an adult's. Children care very much about what they watch. TTG has many faults, but it has a lot of energy that attracts kids to it. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Don't forget to eat your vegetables /co

Not the same tastes as they'd have as an adult probably, but they would have preferences. There was definitely stuff I wouldn't watch as a kid (not even that it was all bad, just some stuff didn't interest me and so I wouldn't watch it).

If they're in the target audience it should be fine.

I did. There were shows I liked and shows I didn't like.

Of course they do, kids are still people. Don't you remember being a kid?

most of them watch youtube ecelebs more than tv

Hope the parents are prepared to whoop their kids' asses when they inevitably discover swear words

I don't know, I found amusement in almost all the early-mid 2000 shows like Squirrel Boy and Cramp Twins. The only show I couldn't stand was Johnny Test.

>do kids have tastes
Yes. Not always good taste though.
>do they even care about what they watch
Yes. I used to work at a out-of-school care with a little girl who would have an autistic fit if she couldn't watch Be cool, Scooby Doo for the last hour before she went home. She had seen all the episodes, and she came to the centre every business day after school so she had seen them all like a hundred times, and she would still laugh at every joke. She was autistic of course, but even normal kids do it. I knew two brothers who were like 6-7 who would just watch Paw Patrol over and over, but didn't have autism/wasn't diagnosed. They seemed high functioning if they were. Didnt have fucking screeching fits or hit me if they couldn't watch more.

My 18 month old nephew loves Blues Clues.

>when they inevitably discover swear words
do you really think that's the worst thing kids can find on youtube?
youtube.com/watch?v=joKMx6qkHa0

I mean, I liked Tailspin, Darkwing Duck and Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers as a kid but didn't care much for The Tex Avery Show when I was in elementary school so at least I had a basic concept of good and bad cartoons.

Tried showing Count Duckula to a 6 years old kid and the intro spooked him.

Kids these days, they should watch less queer shit like SU.

Did they eat Beastboy?

>Do kids have tastes?
Yes
>Do they even care what they watch?
As you grow older you start to grow a taste and avoid shows you don't like
>Should a child under the age of 10 watch something like TTG or KND.
The 90s and 2000s kids grew up with tons of shitty cartoons but we only remember the good stuff because that is worth remembering (its also where nostalgia becomes a problem with the "everything new is bad" argument), if kids have shit taste and want to watch that show that is up for them

>Should a child under the age of 10 watch something like TTG or KND.

No. Only I, a 30-year old man, should dictate what children's cartoon a child should watch.

Children shouldn't watch TV. Shit rots your brain.

They care to some degree, but they obviously have different standards for what they find entertaining, and depending on their age, they won't be able to appreciate certain aspects of shows such as smart humor.

As much as people nowadays like to say that "kids are smarter than we give them credit for, and when given the option they'll choose something that respects their intelligence over mindless drivel," I think we can all comfortably say that this isn't always the case. It's not even really the case for a lot of adults.

>Should a child under the age of 10 watch something like TTG
If they like it, sure?
Does to do anything bad for kids? I recall Sup Forums flipped out at an ep that apparently declared girls to be superior to boys or something. I'm not entirely sure of the context, but I'm sure there are kids that could take that the wrong way. For the most part, I feel like the show is dumb, but harmless, and Sup Forums's biggest beef with it is that it has managed to essentially consume CN entire programming schedule despite not being a very good show, and not that it's terrible for little kids who like dumb things.

Kids don't have good taste in anything, that's what makes them so commercially exploitable.

I remember realizing Street Sharks was crap when I was a wee lad.

Kids have no taste until they are exposed to good taste, then they latch on and never look back.

No. Beast Boy multiplied.

kids absolutely have taste, whether or not it's good taste is another matter though. I mean, I hated FOP and Hey Arnold growing up, but now I realize one of them is actually really fucking good. On the other hand I loved Big Bad Beetleborgs and that's a fucking abomination.

When I was 3-4 years old I watched things that are now considered shit, like Hammerman and Wish Kid.