How do you feel about jonathan hickman comics?

how do you feel about jonathan hickman comics?

pic related has been pretty good

He desperately wants to taken seriously and be considered in the same league as the greats but doesn't have intellect, insight or humanity to write a profound piece of graphic literature.
The sad thing is people do actually consider him one of the best, I just wonder if those people have even read enough comics to make a broad statement like.

well...i actually really deeply enjoy his work.

so, Ha!

east of west is good

The Black Monday Murders is one of my favorite ongoing series right now. The attention to detail involved with the world building and establishment of the various factions associated with the financial industry are amazing. I especially love the diary segments and annotated texts in each issue.

too bad its only gonna be 12 issues

it really is, sad its gonna be ending at #45

>it really is, sad its gonna be ending at #45
it'll take like 3 years to get to that anyway

i'm just not sure how it's gonna wrap up. they've been hinting at all out warfare but it seems like its switched to games of strategy and tactics. we just had three major characters die in the last 2 issues

chamberlain will go all out against china
all the other except the black guys who have no army are none entities at this point. Wolf's army is also a thing but that's just made of numbers and plot armor aka the word

His Twitter is his best work.

I really want to know what the kingdom is going to do. I feel like they have something that can put them ahead so to speak

Hickman's books go completely to shit when they run long. 12 issues is perfect.

nah east of west has only been getting better.

Eh, we'll see once it's concluded, if it's concluded.

I read 15 something issues of East of west and I didn't like. For a few elements that are intriguing, there're the mains characters who are unappealing and a story that goes more or less somewhere but I'm not sure if I care.

Isn't Hickman the one preventing the release of the last issues of SHIELD? Or is that Marvel? Weaver said the art is done.

>pic related has been pretty good
That's pretty much how I feel about him. East of West is okay too. He is great at worldbuilding and coming up with cool ideas but he just can't tell a decent story or write an interesting character. It is pretty much the same problem with all the other guys who came out of mid-2000s Image, went to the big two and then went back to Image (Remender, Gillen, Fraction, etc.) except on the grandest scale.

I read some of his stuff, most notably that one event with Doom making his own universe or whatever. He's meh. He doesn't take the same risks as Morrison, and I feel he's pretty light on characterization and heavy on technobabble. Not really my thing, I guess.

nice art

I feel like Morrison and Hickman have similar strengths and weaknesses. But Morrison's ideas are more conceptual and abstract and Hickman's ideas are rigid and technical, showing off lore and the workings of organizations and societies and micromanaging the most pointless things. Whereas Morrison is more interested in showing the big picture. Not that either approach is better than the other.

it's marvel

I very much disagree. I think The Black Monday Murders is his best book by far, especially in the character voices.