Lackadaisy Update

The storm draws ever closer.

Wow, those kittehs are knifing people!

Mordecai is going to kill them both in the end, isn't he?

Oh, there was already a thread.

Man, I wish Sup Forums gave a shit about Lackadaisy.

>3 replies
>archived

I'm really liking the insight into the gruesome twosome we're getting. I want some blistering violence between actual characters soon.

>Lackadaisy updated
>nobody cares
Sup Forums, what happened to you?

It's a lovely page, but there isnt too much to discuss from it, at least nothing that hasnt already been discussed previously.

I want Mordecai to fug me with his small barbed kitty dick!

You would think all those people that show up for every single superhero comic and cartoon thread to bitch about "WAH CAPESHIT" would be in here to support a quality non-cape comic.

This is EXACTLY why I always view people complaining about capes to be whining for the sake of whining. If they really wanted more non-cape material, they would actually show an interest in non-cape material. But they don't. What does that tell you?

I want to shoot you in the heart and fuck the wound with my human dick!

>fucking a gun wound
your dick must be even smaller than Mordecai's

I keep half expecting human Lackadaisy to get picked up by Netflix or something. The story just seems so marketable.

Don't look at me, I just bought the first book.

That Sup Forums stands for Sup Forumsmplaining.

>Grombach and me
Mordecai is slipping, that's not proper grammar, I think. It should be "Grombach and I"Not that the cajun killers know enough to correct him.

I swear that Lackadaisy has the most detailed clothing of any comic, web or print, that I've ever seen. Just look at the huge guys shoe before his tendons get sliced.

Everyone in Lackadaisy dresses exactly as they should. AND THEY'RE ALL CATS FOR SOME FUCKING REASON I GUESS.

Just gonna casually write this amazing, beautifully illustrated, in-depth period comic... WITH CATS, WHY NOT HUH. CATS!!

>4+ years ago
Q. Why cats?
A. When dealing in sociopathic criminalism and gratuitous violence, how could it not be cats? Don't take it too literally, though. It's mostly just a device I like to use for characterization. The mobile ears, tails, and big eyes help me emphasize gesture and expression more than I could with human characters, they allow me to be as ridiculous as I like, and, well, they're just plain fun to draw.
Q. Are you a furry?
A. Uh. I'm not entirely sure what that means. I draw furries (if you can't think of a less schmaltzy name for them), but I'm actually a not-very-furry upright primate. I suspect you are too, unless you're a cat walking on the keyboard. Get off the keyboard!
>Went to a furry con last year
>Supposedly went to a furry con in '09
She's too professional to admit to being associated with furries.

She also way way way back did the art for a furry RPG called Ironclaw.

Tracy likes cats.

There's a newer one where she and the Axe Cop guy interview each other that mentions the furry thing without feigning ignorance. But yes, probably best to get that Eisner nom prior to being a guest of honor at a furry convention.

>Grombach and me
I noticed this too.

D-did Tracy actually make a mistake? Is she okay?

Maybe the psychokiller jewboy isn't as perfect as he pretends to be. I doubt he ever even completed highschool, given the era he lives in.

Fucking bump.

But he's completely perfect.

They both know he hates them.

I don't think Mordecai is going to get his revenge.

>psychokiller jewboy isn't as perfect as he pretends to be

While I think the dialog is likely a mistake on Tracy's part. She explained a while ago that he's ashamed of his upbringing and tries to hide it by sounding as erudite as possible at all times.

I don't know man, it feels like they're going to end up going head to head at some point. And as aggro and daring as Serafine and Nicodeme are, I think this whole sequence shows they're pretty sloppy compared to Mordecai too. Serafine seems like the more dangerous one if only because she relies on weapons.

When Mordecai is actually switched on to the business I think he'd go through either of them like a hot knife through butter. And we know he'll have thought about how to do that already, at least once.

I don't think he's ashamed of his upbringing. He was just always severely overcompensating on neatness because he grew up poor in a building that was rotting apart, and later became terrified of filth and disorder because mold probably killed multiple family members of his. He's distancing himself from all that, but it's not like it's because it's embarrassing.

I am so far out of the loop that I didn't even know there were books. Thanks, I just bought the first two.

gay

I forgot who all the characters are and what's happening. Last thing I remember is the black one going to see some Creoles and the main cat getting a concussion and driving towards a storm.

>It should be "Grombach and I"
Actually its not. 'X and I' or 'X and me' is determined by how the sentence as a whole reads with a singular participant.

'You will deliver Mr Grombach and me to a more remote place' is grammatically correct because, 'You will deliver I to a more remote place' doesn't work, while 'you will deliver me to a more remote place' does.

As an example of the correct use of 'X and I' versus 'x and me':

"John and I are going for a ride' makes sense because in the singular it would be 'I am going for a ride', not 'Me an going for a ride'.

Knowing when to use 'x and I' or 'x and me' could save your life.

You are wrong. If you would say "take ME to the..." then you would also say "take Grombach and ME to the..."

It makes me cringe no end when idiots say "...and I" when it ought to be "...and me." (I didn't say I was sane.)

Not a mistake. Actually correct English grammar.

>Try to jokingly fly a flaw in Tracy's magnificent work by focusing on the dialogue
>Grammar Gangsters prove me wrong
I bet Asa Sweet sent you

bump

I read the whole post in the same mental voice I use for Mordecai's dialogue. It works.

I love Lackadaisy, but I liked Wick's classic look a lot more than his current model design. It looked more haughty and had more character. His current look just looks kinda cute, almost innocent in a way

More classic Sedgewick

And his current look. Too generic and handsome. Not gimmicky enough. I gotta have that turbosmug.

Re-read from the beginning.

Wick gives me Gene Kelly or Jimmy Stewart vibes. He just has a look to him that reminds me of old classic romantic comedy films. Especially in his interactions with Mitzi.

Why the hell not? The style is great.

Imagine the poor sod he'd be giving that explanation to.