ITT: Good Racebends of Sup Forums characters

I'll start.

Ok go ahead start.

quick question wh didn't they still make her skin light blue?

I unironically like this design. She's cute

>same fag

But OP was obviously baiting

lol this.
IP count didn't even go up.

>Be black actress
>Audition for part no one wants
>Get it
>Get called race bait
sad world, low energy

YES, THIS!
Nobody outside of Sup Forums would've given a shit because the character's skin color is impossible. This casting is deliberately drawing attention to the actress being black. They know exactly what they're doing and what kind of reaction they'll get.

I will agree that she's cute, but they made zero attempt to make her look like Domino.

They even fucked up the inverted eye dot. It's uneven and a human flesh tone because it's clearly being played as vitiligo.

I like her look.

I've only ever seen acting as a "nice girl",in GoT. Don't know if she can act though.

Why are you lying?

Who is this?

Shame about the shitty movie surrounding it, though.

>No one wants a part in a successful superhero movie sequel
>In a world where starstruck Arkansas girls working as waitresses to try and become movie stars pile up to casting agencies to suck dick for a chance at a bit part in Sharknado 5

Fucking this.

No.

So why is it okay to make White Characters into blacks but the contrary is seen as a hate crime of the highest caliber?
I thought people were all for equality
What the fuck is it with the double standards?

>Tfw the entire conversation around this decision is muddled because you've got some people complaining about race, and others that don't give a single shit what race she is, but hate that she literally looks not a single god damn thing like the character and no attempts were even made to get anywhere close to it.
>Even if you argue the latter people assume you're upset they cast a black woman.

Si.

Not really. Ult!Fury is pretty boring and SLJ is way past his prime.

I actually think this could be awsome/hilarious

It's not a bad design apart from the in your face afro.

nobody knows what the hell an Ainu is
so it was a good thing they just made him white

its okay if you make them black
cause only black people counts towards diversity
if you turn an Asian into white, the only people who cares are Asian and nobody gives a fuck what they think, even the most SJW black person would be against them

Ult Nick Fury had more a secret agency puppet master' vibe, classic nick fury was more like a soldier-spy.

still, i can't take SLJackson seriously since that shark movie

#AsianAmericanIronFist

and nobody gave a fuck about it
if they wanted to make ironfist black, that would've gain some traction

Domino should have always been black with a white spot, like a god damned domino. White skin and black spot is a die.

They took a 70's blaxploitation character design, gave her a rip off of Gamora's MCU costume and painted a white dot on her face.

and do you actually think this is the final product?

>Nobody outside of Sup Forums would've given a shit
Stop fucking lying

We always played with white dominos with different colored spots based on the numbers or just plain white dominos with black markings. The only time I've seen black dominos are those super shitty plastic ones that a light breeze could knock over.

Basically 22 jump street or Teacher fight.
"Go get me God damn pictures of that spider bitch, before I make your Aunt move your bed time 7 'O clock."

Catwoman from 60s Batman TV and Lex Luthor from the DCAU. Nick Fury from the MCU.

Why did you pick this as an example?

My only complaint is the hair.

They're an oppressed ethnicity in Japan. So yeah good job making him a white idiot.

This

What will you do when it is?

Luthor is the same color as Superman. He's Greek.

FOX has a talent for fucking things up so I wouldn't be surprised if it is.

>people still think that DCAU Luthor is black
He's greek my dude

Lex was light skin black in the DCAU everyone knows this.

Make the black parts blacker and you have a deal. If you're gonna racebend Domino you better do it right.

>same color as every other white character in the DCAU
>light skin black
Stop

Everyone on the DCAU was light-skinned black because Dwayne McDuffie was a notorious black activist.

DCAU Luthor is greek, nigga

Wrong

Changing the costume to stark white may help also. The only thing people will focus on is the big ass afro now.

You know what? Let's just make everyone a black woman!
>Let's make Spider man a black woman
>Let's make Superman a black woman
>Let's make Dr. Doom a black woman
>Let's make Harry Potter a black woman
>Let's make Toy Story's Woody a black woman
>Let's make Spongebob a black woman
>Let's make Iron Giant a black woman
>Let's make the Green Giant a black woman
>Let's make Captain Crunch a black woman
>Let's make Kilroy a black woman
And why stop at fiction?
People are already making Julius Caesar, Hannibal, even fucking Carl Gustaf Emil Mannerheim a black man, so what's the issue?
>Let's make George Washington a black man
>Let's make Jackie Kennedy a black woman
>Let's make Czar Peter the Great a black man
>Let's make Neil Armstrong a black man
Who's with me!

I was a bit miffed, but I liked what they did with the character in the final product.

I thought he did a great job

Does baby need his bottle?

I think the conceit of this thread is that racbending as a rule sucks, but these exceptions work. posting a list of things nobody wants when it's implied the general trend already sucks is fucking goofy man.

How do you know if she's a good or a bad adaptation when not even a trailer is out?

She doesn't look anything at all like the character she's meant to be portraying. It seems fair to dock a good number of points just for that.

This. Hell, he even looks the part with his weary face. I was so mad when he got killed off

She's Domino because she's half-black half-white.

This is probably the best example I can think of because it did nothing to alter the character. Domino isn't a racebend, though because she is neither black nor white. She's a mutant with her mutation giving her a distinct colour nobody else has.

Who cares?

Which in effect is a racebend since they didn't even give her the mutation/coloring she is known for, stop lying.

You know, in hindsight I think you're absolutely right but even as a kid I made some kind of differentiation in my head and Luthor became black and everyone else was white.

Why do you care that they care?

Just like any kid thought Terry was asian

What kind of retarded kid thought 'McGinnis' was Asian?

Just try searching for "terry mcginnis asian" on google lol

Jesus, I'm indifferent to this.

>Irish as fuck name
>Asian
Eh. His girlfriend was absolutely asian but Terry's kinda stretching it.

Anyway his mom doesn't look asian and Bruce sure isn't Asian.

>not Terry Crews

Does the Kingpin look like a bitch?

Greeks are black.

More indifference, now you gonna suggest Morgan Freeman! Stop it, man!

I think it is because of the lips

Are egyptians black too, user?

It's kinda funny that the majority of the cast of Pulp Fiction starred in a Marvel movie.

wasn't this bitch cast as a favor to one of the producers? Her Dad is some billionaire and they almost didn't make the movie, but her Dad put some money forward in exchange for his daughter's involvement as Katara.

It's why she was cast so closely after the movie was announced (she was the first announced cast member).

They're a part of the African continent, why wouldn't they be?

Danny Glover in his prime coulda done it.

>Boer Black Panther.

Never have I wanted something so bad and not known until I received it.

They had straight hair

That wasn't about wanting an Asian guy as Iron Fist, it was all about not wanting a white guy as Iron Fist.

The funny thing is, if he was a white south african declaring himself a king it would gain an entirely other level of horribleness.

Also, funny in retrospect considering Captain America is black now.

I don't get why it's okay to erase certain minorities but not others. Why did no one raise a stink over them making a Tibetan character white just so they could get Chinabux? Are white women higher on the oppression totem pole than Tibetan men? I didn't think the movie or character was awful or anything, I just really don't appreciate the double standards people have.

Lots of people raised a stink, but that stink was worth far less than Chinabux.

I guess I just wasn't paying enough attention at the time

>dominoes are white with black dots
>hire some black bitch and paint a white dot on her
Now the name 'Domino' makes no sense for this character.

Real talk though, why do people bitch about this?

>Make Heimdall black instead of white
>That's fine
>Make Drax gray instead of green
>That's good too
>Make Nick Fury into Sam Jackson
>Fucking dope

Why is this a problem now? People kept shitposting about Homecoming but I guess they got bored of it because there's something else to complain about? Is that how it works?

Does anyone on this board like anything that isn't EEnE, KotH and Megas XLR? Does everything else exist to bitch about?

I thought he was asian
guess i know how all those people think like when they see all anime characters as whites

Because fucking female niggers man. White genocide is real.

The common theme I'm seeing in this thread is that the actress is hot but slapping a white circle on her eye looks a little lazy considering the character's whole deal is that she's so inhumanly weird-colored that it's obvious from a glance that she's either a mutant or a panda.

Vitiligo is a real thing that real people have. I think people that have it might resent being called mutants, but that's not the main issue being brought up in this thread - that is, that it just seems awfully lazy and doesn't evoke the character as vividly as a more stark color scheme might've.

Some people have even pointed out that if she were painted white with a black dot it could actually manage to work, though others have also pointed out that would be a pain in terms of practicality. But I'd also like to point out they painted Gamora green for Guardians and that seemed to work out alright.

>Make Heimdall black instead of white
>That's fine
Yes, that was definitely the reaction it got on Sup Forums.