Project Riri-Birth

So you know that Diversity & Comics guy who flushed a copy of Ms. Marvel down the toilet?

Apparently he fancies himself as a writer. The art is by somebody else, but the words and story are all his doing. Also, his name may or may not be Zack. Anyways, it's ten pages long, so let's see how far I can get before this thread gets moved to Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PL5xFp8bKvI&t
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I can't tell if that caption is trying to be "ironic" or sincere.

inb4 Sup Forumsposting

This is pretty much exactly as stupid as I expected it to be.

And that's it.

stop shilling this and pretending you aren't the guy trying to get attention.

Wow, this is terrible.
Stick to your shitty youtube videos.

I don't think the story is by him is it?

I think he just tweaked the dialogue and it was written by someone else.

I love this idea and this guys youtube, I watch every week. But this art is terrible. I think I'll re draw this for him. This looks like crap. These panels are horrendous! And Riri looks like a monster or a man one of the two.

>Apparently he fancies himself as a writer.
It's been obvious that's where this is going for some time.

This dialogue is unbelievably bad.

I'm guessing the dialog is a jab at Marvel SJW writing style. a Parody

If I WERE the guy, I'd tell you to donate to my Patreon.

Because the guy has a Patreon account now.

If I wanted a parody of Marvel, I'd illuminate some comics.

That's the joke

This is fucking awful. Off yourself, Zack

Well, that was fucking awful. I could practically feel the dude's blood rising as he wrote it too, especially during that "us little black girls get soooo confused sometime".

Apparently there isn't a single person in the world that can write Riri.

I just spotted this guy recently and his ri ri comic thing. I think it's a good idea. Let's see where he takes it.

>i'm not the guy
>i'd tell you to donate to my patreon
>donate to my patreon
>to my patreon
>my patreon
>patreon

>Apparently he fancies himself as a writer.

He didn't write it. He's literally just an idea guy. Someone else wrote it. All he did was ham up the dialogue so Marvel can't sue him because all of the original dialogue was too serious.

The comic sucks but his videos aren't wrong

Though the artstyle and some of the dialogue could be improved, I do like the idea of Riri becoming a villain.

Hey, I'm not linking it, am I?

If that's so, there's probably a writer's union that wants to talk to this guy soon.

this is absolute garbage

He's parodying how Marvel characters talk in the actual comics, in which they talk way worse that that.

>there's probably a writer's union

yeah right, and that JL8 guy is getting sued too?

his videos are mostly wrong. with some truth. he doesn't know as much about comics as he pretends to.

I was kidding. I mean that nobody's getting credited as the writer. It's only "Art by Andrew Parchman" and that's it.

This..this is edited right?

No normal writer could think up such shitty Dialog.
Is she supposed to be this much unlikeable ?

If this was my only contribution to the human race, I'd kill myself. What a waste of energy.

>No normal writer could think up such shitty Dialog.
>Is she supposed to be this much unlikeable ?
Well, she is being written as a villain.

So...

but it's not written by him either.

I doubt DC cares about JL8 because it's cute and inoffensive and doesn't treat the characters with disrespect.

There's a storm coming. This is going to be good.

I can't wait until this shit storm goes full Hurricane Katrina.

>that racist teacher
Riri has the saddest past.

When he unironically uses "beta cuck" in his videos I find it hard to take him seriously.

I hope this is really something Diversity & Comics has made and I hope he makes a video about it and I hope he takes screencaps from this post and I hope we're all in them and I hope his YouTube community sees them and I hope we all get famous and I hope he fucking kills himself.

Wait so Black Gurl Ironman is a sociopath villian?

He clearly says it "tongue-in-cheek", I think people just dont get when you're kidding anymore

Thats kinda my point, neither two care shit about fanzines.

This is the third topic about it so actual possibility.

How you fuck off and die DaC. You're an SJW on the other end.

>a storm
This is a sad wet fart. If the writing was actually half decent, it might be more, but for the moment, the only shit is in the form of semi-liquid gas coating the inside of the "author"'s shorts.

His fans in the comments of his video about this atrocity are acting like it's Watchmen levels of quality.

you know well written parodies/ jokes of terrible shit DO exist

you just can't claim its "garbage on purpose"

DESU I'm OK with it if they decide Patreoning for what amounts to fanfiction is no longer legit because it would be a huge cuntpunt to the Dresden Codak guy

Well of course, most of the time youtube commenters are dick-suckers on the highest level unless the youtuber really fucks up in their eyes.

Oh and this reads like some creepy old man's femdom fantasy also

I only watch D&C videos because he makes retards angry on twitter and Marvel.
Plus i agree that shitty forced diversity and storylines its exactly what made me stop buying Marvel.

his videos are terrible, just regurgitated shit from "not muh mahvel" threads on here

It's no worse than what Marvel's publishing.

Just wait until Marvel gives this a once over. Twitter is going to explode with vitriol and bile.

I love the internet.

It is but it'll still create a shitstorm just because the kinds of people that take this trash seriously can not let it go regardless of quality.

Overall story seems fine. Dialogue seems painfully on point. And yeah, the art sucks. .

You're both wrong. I'd say maybe he's right 50% of the time, and the other 50% he's full of it. Still a better ratio than Shittywebcomics which is like right 30% of the time.

this ain't a storm but it has meme potential

>that racist teacher
didn't she force that teacher to say that? Like the teacher said she could be anything she wanted, but the girl got upset and wouldn't sit down until she said she couldn't be tony stark

Good enough for me.

I do enjoy the occasional meme.

no it's like 25% right, 25% second hand Sup Forums regurgitation, 50% full of himself.

Fuck this is awful. What was his intention with this shit?

Yeah. It was so fucking dumb.

Mandela Effect

I'd agree with this ratio. I still watch his content as a guilty pleasure. Mostly I keep it on as a background noise while surfing the net.

I'm gonna give him a chance to redeem himself considering this is just the opening to the story and not the finished product. But so far it doesn't seem too good.

Same here. The art is so drag that I don't even want to try and read one caption of this.

The whole time on his YouTube he's been like "WOW I've got some great art coming in for this project!"

Yeah, no.

I think probably the dialogue is a parody (some of you guys don't get that, but that's probably what he's going for), but then the art is just shitty.

He should have gotten brightly-colored animu-lite tumblr art.

Yep, he's playing off her needing to feel like a victim and interpreting as racism.

He makes too many assumptions for me to take his opinions seriously.

Even Tony's monologue reads like shit. It's all well and good to attempt parody but this is a piss poor attempt.

>So you know that Diversity & Comics guy who flushed a copy of Ms. Marvel down the toilet?
Why do you insist I care about him, that one act basically proves he doesn't know his shit all that well.

He's also submerged an issue of Aquaman in a sinkful of water.

For fucking what? What did Aquaman do to piss this retard off?

I'm pretty sure he's trying to do a riff of AVGN's game destruction, but with none of the over the top hilarity or charm James has.

That's why it's important to call Sup Forums an echo chamber, the moment you stop is when people start masturbating to themselves and all opinions are valued through the like bar.

The current arc has a bit of a Trump allegory in it. It's not as blatant as Marvel's shit and actually works as a story but the guy was having none of it and just soaked the comic in the sink.

honestly after reading this it isn't any better and i haven't even read the book he's criticizing.

i can't help but feel that I'll actually enjoy this book now because the bar has been set so low you'd have to try to make it a disappointment.

Dude gets pissed off at the most random shit. He gave King's Batman a bad review because there was a teenager in the book that he's never heard of before. Though if he actually read the story from the starting point instead of picking up a random issue he'd know damn well who it was. He also gave the last issue of Superman a bad review because Clark fed some homeless veteran or some shit.

That issue was pure Ameriwank, I thought he'd love it.

He's a fake comicbook dude. it's a thing and it's fucking worse then when women do it.

He wanted to review the issue under water, but after a few minutes the issue started to fall apart.

>he doesn't know as much about comics as he pretends to.

This dumbfuck hated Superman and family roadtripping to see America because it was Lois' idea and Clark came home tired and they saw a monument devoted to a moment of actual verifiable sexism in American history.

Oh that explains the posts in that one thread.

Oh I know it's a thing. D&C isn't the only guy doing this sort of shit.

that is not the reaction image I thought it was.

I agree with what I quoted.

He hated it.

youtube.com/watch?v=PL5xFp8bKvI&t

TL;DW:
*Lois Lane shouldn't be thinking of going on a vacation because that's a man's job
*Superman expresses real human problems, such as coming home late
*Got upset for some reason because John wasn't allowed to watch TV
*Upset about a real account of a woman getting discriminated against in the 1700s.
*Lois called her son by his first name instead of his super hero name (which he keeps saying wrong the entire fucking review)
*The marine in the street is a drug addict and shouldn't be praised.

I watched like two of his vids before on Marvel's dumb fuckery and he seemed okayish. Bit dense, but whatever. The Superman one was a parody of lambasting SJW stuff. Why can nobody seem to point out SJW idiocy and hypocrisy without coming off as some reeing crying retard from a nonexistent parody of the 50s?

This guy is actually fucking retarded. It's bonkers. Marvel has become full of SJW crap and in general shoddy storytelling at both the written and drawn levels, but idiots like him are not the answer.

He is not wrong but what kinda bothers me about him and most of the "comic book drama" youtube channels is that they all pretty much sum up as "SJW MARVEL SJW MARVEL SJW MARVEL SJW MARVEL CLICK THIS VIDEO!"

it just feels like a buzzword at this point.

>caring about a youtuber that doesn't actually read comics
You guys are faggots.

>What was his intention with this shit?
Probably to "stick it to the SJWs" like everything he does.

All he did was sound like a Bizzaro-SJW and write a shitty comic. It's just as bad as the real comic.

Is it really a Trump allegory? He just seems like a power hungry usurper, that goes back to Caesar's days

Holy shit this dialogue is terrible

The fact you can say that about it pretty much demonstrates that it's open to interpretation and going straight for the Trump allegory is just one interpretation of it.