As a black man even I have to admit this is a lazy as shit character design...

As a black man even I have to admit this is a lazy as shit character design. I thought they were going to do something unique with makeup and effects when I heard they cast a black chick as Domino but nope.

>not asian
What a missed opportunity

Changing Domino's skin from generic body paint to a vitiligo spot is pretty unique. I can't think of any other superheroes that do that, whereas there are tons of chalk white skin toned heroes.

>I thought they were going to do something unique with makeup and effects
It is unique. Name one other superhero skin or makeup pattern they've used vitiligo to implement.

>As a mutant woman even I have to admit this is a lazy as shit character design. I thought they were going to do something unique with makeup and effects when I heard they cast a human chick as Domino but nope.

Fake/exaggerated outrage thread?

Hollywood hates Asians with a passion user, it's common fact.

Whilce Portacio draws my favorite version of Domino.

I have no problems with this actress playing Domino. I hoped they would go with the dated, Lilith Fair character design. Pic is reference.

Is this real? If so I like the idea.

>I have no problems with this actress playing Domino
Because you're a cuck.

she ugly asf

is this even an insult anymore?

This. I'm a black man, but making her Asian would've been a better idea if they wanted some diversity points.

jews fear the samurai

Only time I've seen vitrigo used tastefully and incorporated well into a black version of a pre-existing character

Adult Asians can't act worth a shit by western standards.
They go through entire movies with that same perpetual scowl on their fucking faces, no matter what emotion the scene calls for.

I give Jackie Chan great cred as a physical comedian and brilliant acrobat, but when he's called on to smile or show strong emotion it looks pained as fuck.

Asian-Americans learn to emote in a generation or two, but then they come off as oddballs to the growing overseas Asian audience.

Fuck, I just sat through the GitS movie, reduced to a retelling of Robocop, and this motherfuck sat there looking vaguely constipated through the entire movie.

Also the whole Blackwashing is Wrong!/How about an Asian thing is tipping your hand too blatantly you have to go back

Fuck niggers.

Yes, yes, we've all heard it before.

Don't be dense. Nothing wrong with Asians.

Niggers are crime factory's.

The vitiligo eye spot isn't that bad, but the actual costume looks boring as fuck. Could've made the blue brighter at least

There's no black people on Sup Forums.

lol what a lazy fag come up with better insults

>As a black man even I have to admit this is a lazy as shit character design
As another black man I think it's neat. Whatcha gonna do now, faggot?

Yeah the design fucking sucks but she's delicious brown so I'm all for it.

Just fucking shave that armpit hair. And fuck those who defend it with their shit-tier fetish.

Aramaki perpetually scowls in the source material. I'm so tired of people complaining about race swapping and gender swapping.

It's called an adaptation for a reason.

It's okay because she's hot

For me it's the opposite. I love how the costume looks, but the eye spot look right to me. I feel if they had given her unnaturally black skin skin or made the spot pearl white it would come off better.

Regardless of the look, I'm definitely interested in seeing how Zazie plays. She was pretty damn good in Atlanta, and this could be the role that makes her a star.

African American Female in Comics/Games

Sassy.
Smart
Giant Afro

This is the lamest character design that I've seen. Why can't they do something different instead of stereotypical looks?

Give me my genki black girl.
Give me my black girl with the munchies. I want her to have a tired look on her face and roast everybody that she meets

As another totally real black man on the internet, this movie needs some early 90s hip hop and lemon pepper fried chicken.

Not dark enough. The contrast between her body and her eye needs to be greater.

She'd look like she was wearing body paint. Body paint is way more distracting in live action than in comics.

So her spot is actually vitiligo? I was joking about that yesterday but I never thought it'd be true. Jesus, that's stupid.

Eh.

I've a theory about changing the race of characters, and it goes a little something like this;

>if it works, you've literally just set a new standard for the comics ala Fury
>if it doesn't, one of the non race swapped characters will probably be worse
>this rule can be substituted for country of origin, age, and even location in country of origin and it still works

>F4ntastic was shite due to the butchering Doom, the terrible script, what they did to the Thing (which might have worked if it had still been horror) and the nonsensical plot
>BvS was stupid because they completely butchered Batman's character without a half decent progression as to his fall, or a justification for the daft plot
>Fantastic Four was the well rounded definition of 'meh'
>It's sequel turned Galactus into a cloud, despite a huge all consuming giant being the far more terrifying of the two options
>Iron Man 2 was basically a near death experience presented as a midlife crisis, and Hammer was just there

Besides, Dominos come in black with white spots, and white with black spots. The previous one was the latter, this one is the former.

Besides, she kinda fits. I think it might be one of my favourite practicool costume redesigns for a villain. But by all means, we can bitch about New Domino all we want, but you've got to agree that wierd Atlantis arc was worse.

Domino is supposed to be a mutant with a physical manifestation of the x-gene and they took that away and slapped on a ratty afro. It's pretty tragic. At least some cleave remains, I guess.

>I have no problems with this actress playing Domino.

Neither do I.

My problem is that they didn't even make a token attempt to make her look anything like the character she was portraying.

If they can make a black woman green for Gamora, they could have made a black woman pale blue for Domino.

>Besides, Dominos come in black with white spots, and white with black spots. The previous one was the latter, this one is the former.

The issue here is that "ethnic black" is not "literally black". If they wanted to go for the black domino look, they should have made her skin actually black instead of leaving it a natural skin tone.

>if it works, you've literally just set a new standard for the comics ala Fury
Comic readers hate black Fury though.

>As a black man

The thing that bugs me is there's no reason that a black woman couldn't play Domino since her skin in the comics is a completely inhuman shade of white; body paint, straighten her hair, give her contacts, and boom you have a black woman who still looks just like Domino.

>As a black man
Gaslighitng white boi detected. Being user and lying about race to try and further a dumbass narrative.

Changing a character's race is wrong in every circumstance and is never justified. White characters should be cast white. Black characters should be cast black, Asian characters as Asian and so on. As stewards of the franchise, these studios betray the fans expectations by failing to remain as faithful as possible. Changes will always be necessary from a story perspective to adapt a comic to the big screen, sure, but completely altering a character's race for no reason whatsoever is unacceptable in every case. While I have no qualms with the actress as a professional, she is unfit to play the role in the same way Angelina Jolie would be unfit to play the role of Storm. It's all very unfortunate.

Gamora is a way darker green than she is in the comics for a reason.

But then how would you know she's a strong, independent black woman that don't need no razors?

>Domino.
why do people care about blackwashing of a literally who tier character?

this would be a better design tho tbqh.

As a completely different black man who is not really a white man, I ask when are we getting Blood Syndicate movie with all the stuff this user wants?

I know what you mean, actually use jet black bodypaint and bright white for the eye, but that gives it's own issues

>Preparation time every single day just increased by anywhere between 3 to 6 hours
>Actress might be allergic
>Actress might pretend to be allergic
>Makeup might melt ala Duchovny's beard in the 2nd X Files film, due to the continuous presence of high heat filming environments
>Less practical for fight scenes
>Might need to keep the budget lower to keep the production methodology similar to the first film

Besides, there's always the chance that someone might freak out

>Let's make this actress look like a minstrel, that'll get people off our backs

That kinda thing.

>Saldana
>Black

Several organisations in the US threw shitfit over this... 'contentious issue', due to the fact her mother is Puerto Rican, technically making her mixed race, when she was cast in Nina. This might have just been because Simone's family seem to have a serious grudge against her though.

>mfw Asian Blade Movie staring Donnie Yen

Then just go with white paint and a black spot like Domino is supposed to have. Even if they had cast a White or Asian actress they would have likely done that, considering Domino's skin tone is not achievable naturally.

I don't give the slightest care. She's gorgeous. I'd make a mulatto baby with her if she'd let me.

Then hire an up and coming actress who shows decent potential with really dark skin, I'm sure there's a few genuinely black ladies out there trying to catch their big break.

Domino already had her own movie, who cares what DP2 does

>Comic readers hate black Fury though.

Wait, really? I've not seem him act too annoying in anything I've read, and he's had his moments of brilliance.

Was there an arc of something I missed?

>Changing a character's race is wrong in every circumstance and is never justified.

Fuck you, Ben 10 was great.

She'd look like a panda, or a dalmation if you did that.

Maybe they tried the makeup, and it didn't fit with the aesthetic of everything else, I don't know. I'll judge when more stuff comes out, and when the movie releases. If I was wrong for being sceptical about the full makeup approach, that'll be on me and I'll apologise.

oh wow, I thought this was a tumblr character at first.

Missed chance to get midnight black chick.

But considering how shit the patch job is it isn't much of a surprise.

le sassy black women with afro!

surely this hasn't been done 100 times before!

It's not body paint, it's her mutation. Dominoes are white with black spots.
Vitiligo is only unique in movies, tumblr is literally filled with vitiligo characters, it's the new lazy way to create characterization.

>As a black man
Ok, post your arm with a timestamp. You are so full of shit.

To be fair how many genuinely jet black actors are there in hollywood?

>I just sat through the GitS movie
That's your own damn fault, then.

you already know there's going to be a scene in the movie of them casting Domino, going through actors till they get to her.

>Idris Elba as Domino

>as a black man

No shit nigguh we didn't need someone of higher melanin to know that this was shit

It's crazy thinking /poltv/ has gone so far as to LARP as black people online but here we are.

He's already Heimdall

That would actually be hilarious

Micheal Jackson

Liberals do.

>instead of using money for make up, let's get someone that's already colored instead
It truly makes you think.

YUCK

There is an actor for just about anything you can think of out there. Problem is hollywood like politics is head deep in nepotism and only draws from a small, safe pool.

Only benefit of doubt I can give them is any dark actress found would have had too deep an accent or Wonder Woman level acting skills.

Sup Forumsmblr would love if instead jennifer Lawrence we would had have black girl with only the left ear painted blue.

Fuck you.

I think the idea here is to make Domino "realistic," thus making her a black woman with vitaligo rather than snow white with an eye patch.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending it because it looks like shit and trying to include realism in a fucking Deadpool movie is absolutely retarded, but I think that's the logic behind it.

It does seem kind of werid. Guess it's trying to be more realistic. Maybe they should've made her albino then. I usually like giant afros but I don't think it works for Domino. This does seem like a better Misty Knight then what we got though

Yeah, that is the worst part about casting, small time actors are never given a chance to shine while big names always get the part, and the funny part is a lot of those big names are actually fairly shitty actors anyway.

Fucking Emma Watson for example, I don't get why anyone likes her.

I doubt that logic applies when the first film went to great lengths to make Deadpool and Colossus resemble their comic book counterparts as closely as possible.

It's the only semi-reasonable explanation I can think of outside of just "I ain't spending two hours in make up, what do you think I am, an actor?"

OH MY GOD
NOW THEY'RE GENDER BENDING TOMBSTONE.

When will this end?

>Caring about realism when the first Deadpool literally had a seven foot tall man made out of solid metal.

This just stinks of executive meddling.

Hermione gave lots of young men boners; contrast with Megan Fox who got work by giving a specific old man a boner

Keep doing such a great job mods, really earn that paycheck.

Completely ruined the whole concept of "domino" by making her a brown pile of shit with a pink spot.
Fucking hell

>when the first film went to great lengths to make Deadpool and Colossus resemble their comic book counterparts as closely as possible.

This is what I don't get. Why couldn't they do the same for Domino? Sure, she's no A-lister, but she's got an extremely memorable appearance that anyone with a passing interest in the X-Men or Deadpool would recognize.

Saladana is black. There are plenty of black Rican people. She's just not black American which Nina was.

We like Ultimate Fury. Fury Jr from 616 is garbage.

>Character's codename is Domino, because she has stark white skin with a black dot around her eye.
>She looks like a Domino.

>Movie domino completely fucking misses the connection/doesn't give a shit. Throws out the character's incredibly unique look that would have been stunning visually for diversity.

Not surprised.

SJWs would have had strokes hearing about a black actress painted white in order to play a part.

>Hermione gave lots of young men boners
something Emma seems to regret a lot, if we go by her changed looks and the sort of statements she makes every so often.

Nice pasta

I don't find armpit hair sexually attractive, I just don't find it repulsive. Even on Sup Forums not everything is about fetishes.

Sup Forumsmblr would love if instead jennifer Lawrence we would had have black girl with only the left ear painted blue.

Fuck you.

Why are you pretending you don't understand?

We all know why, it's a race thing. Call it a jew conspiracy or fake diversity to get sjw points and Twitter reactions, call it race mixing or white guilt, call it a fetus some producer had, but at the end of the day it's just a diferencity gimmick, if they didn't care about the race of the actress she wouldn't have an afro and would wear white body paint

the only problem here is the afro
That afro literally kills the fucking character
I don't care if she is black , fix that hair put a bigger black spot in his eye and she will look good.

Asians are supposedly too greedy when negotiating money for roles, so (((Hollywood))) isn't interested in them.

It's pretty clever. I like it and she's hot.

Shut the fuck up about this shit already Sup Forums. Only cape character with an Afro was Riri and she dropped it.

RDJ must have grabbed Hollywood by the balls then

>she's delicious brown
>calling other people's fetishes shit

RDJ is one of them, user.