Is she evil?

is she evil?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pB6Fa_pJqRQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A more important question is: Will she end up being revealed as another shit tier villain like Toffee?

>the Butterfly clan is fine with summoning chimeras, using magic nukes, messing with gravity, manipulating time, kidnapping, genocide, fratricide, drugging their enemies, and general all-around homicide
>but they were so disquieted by Eclipsa's spells that they had her chapter locked away

Yes.

It hurts man, I loved Toffee. The TV movie was great, and there was nothing wrong with how he went out, BUT he didn't spend enough time back in his real body for it to feel like the right time.

I hope they make her smart evil and not just powerful evil. Also I hope she doesn't get a silly sidekick. Keep her scenes are and make them count.

According to "Mewnipendence Day" they still use her All Seeing Eye for mass surveillance of monsters.

Eclipsa's chapter is "forbidden" more to stop it from corrupting impressionable young princesses, which is fair since it's apparently booby-trapped to inflict demonic possession on people who read it.
And "forbidden" basically just means "you need to ask Glossaryck for permission to read it", it's not that big of a deal.

I'm hoping there's not going to be a straight answer and things are left to debate.

It seems like monsters and their magic is considered evil by default by the 'human' element and Eclipsa and Star have stronger magic because they realised monsters aren't as bad as they're told. It's kinda obvious the Butterfly line are hybrids and I think the purple scarring is just monster magic bringing that side of them out.

Just hope it doesn't devolve into a sith thing, where after all the preaching about how they're just misunderstood and good in their own respects, they do something really villainous and prove the good guys were right all along.

Seems a little obvious. It'd kinda fit with the whole "Just because it's big, ugly and has more teeth than the entire Osmand family, doesn't mean that it's necessarily evil."

I wish I was that snookers bar

Its sort of hard to tell.

Moon wasn't even planning on honoring her end of the contract, firing a warning shot instead of destroying Toffee like Eclipsa told her to. Granted, hitting him with that spell in the heart like Eclipsa said would've ended him fairly quickly, Moon DID ask for a way to destroy something immortal so its not really Eclipsa being bloodthirsty. Heck she even asked "is that REALLY want you want?"

But since learning the spell did, in a very roundabout way, lead to Toffee's death, the contract was technically upheld. The first thing Moon did was run off to see if Eclipsa was free. But that really speaks more to her power rather than her moral alignment. Eclipsa even seemed a bit offended that her chapter was "forbidden" but Star can literally create living breathing creatures from nothing that shoot lasers almost uncontrollably and no one bats an eye.

So far her only act of "evil" was running off with a monster. For all we know, her groom-to-be got pissed off and started the anti-monster racism in Mewni, started a few rumors, and got her crowned "Queen of Darkness", which people believed because of how crazy strong powerful she is.

The only thing in favor of her being evil was that her arms were showing signs of that immortal killing spell being used. Unless she was killing lizards back in the day there's a chance she killed someone important enough to her imprisoned by Rhombulus.

FROM MY POINT OF VIEW, THE MEWMANS ARE EVIL!

From what we saw from "Moon the Undaunted, those tapestries are known to stretch the truth pretty far.

>I call the darkness unto me / From deepest depths of earth and sea
>From ancient evils unawoken / Break the one that can't be broken
>To blackest night I pledge my soul / And crush my heart to burning coal
>To summon forth a deathly power / To see my hated foe devoured
She doesn't seem so bad

She may know the spell but it was Moon who wanted to use it.

I would love it if the first thing she did when she breaks free is steal a bunch of chocolate.

Using the spell stained Moon's arms just like Eclipsa's.
She's clearly used it and all kinds of other dark magics.

Even better if she doesn't even know it's stealing and is just clueless about Earth stuff, like Star was.

probably

But they still tell the truth.

Might not be the only spell that does that but I guess being branded as evil anyway had her thinking 'fuck it' in the end.

What makes a woman turn evil? Lust for gold? Power?
Or was she just born with a cunt satisfied only by MONSTER COCK?

Probably but im expecting them to try and set her up as some kinf of Ozmandyias kind of antagonist.

Someone that does a few messed up things but ultimately has the benefit of her subjects in mind.

No, she has a queen of spades tattoo. That is the epitome of righteousness.

What spell is this....?

No, of course not.

Look at her she's a qtpatootie

What a stupid sex culture.

>So far her only act of "evil" was running off with a monster
Yeah no.
You're forgetting her chapter, which star read, describing it as
>Power of darkness, forces of evil, eternal suffering, blah-blah-blah
and also the way it affected Marco.
A Queen's chapter shows what new spells they added, and thus reflects their personal interests.

It absolutely isn't just a case of her having ran off with a monster and having branded evil for that. It's also that her personal interest in magic was very much towards dark magic, so much that it ended up corrupting her and necessitated Rhombulus encasing her in crystal. I really doubt he'd have imprisoned her just for wanting some monster dick.

>and_demon
>demon
are you fucking retarded user
they call her Monster Love, she took a monster for her lover. Monster, not demon. Different species do you even watch the show ffs

So did she have a daughter or a sister to keep the lineage

She had a Mewman daughter with her first husband, and stuck around long enough to pass down the wand and have Glossaryck start training her.

It's fine to be honest. Not any different from guys who like making their girlfriends wear chokers and do bdsm stuff or having a thing for asian women. It's basically just couples tattoos.

>yfw the Star Butterfly Effect was right

>>but they were so disquieted by Eclipsa's spells that they had her chapter locked away

No they "Probably" locked that chapter because anyone can use her magic. Seriously not even River the King can use magic not even the Mewni citizen can use magic (don't even try to say that that some citizen can use magic it is clearly that no one can use magic a monster invaded the city no one did anything) it is clear that the Butterfly family is maintaining the status quo on the magic subjects.
This is probably a thing that everyone believes, but doesn't say that so often, but I am going to say anyway "Eclipsa was probably trying to make a magic revolution and trying to make magic accessible to everyone" she is probably naive and believes that anyone would never ever be mistreated monster or human if they all have magic and they are all "equal" because of that naiveness she was probably locked up.

>The Star Butterfly Effect
I have never in my life seen a story shit the bed harder.

>No they "Probably" locked that chapter because anyone can use her magic
By that logic they should have locked the entire book up. What the fuck are you talking about, user? Is this a shit trolling attempt?

We don't know yet

When that crab monster grabbed the wand, it activated a dark side of him and the wand grew a sinister pupil like how Eclipsa's looked like. So she seems to be close to the root of evil.

We don't really know much about monsters, though. It sounds like monsters are just trying to live their lives, but what about Toffee and that ancient monster lair Ludo was staying in?

Add on the fact that Eclipsa was said to have had incredible magic potential and you have a sorceress who knew a spell that could kill immortals.

Not him but you're missing the fact that to do spells, you need a wand, which is a prize heirloom to Butterflies only. Yet Marco was doing freaky shit without one.

Are you retarded or just troll?

Did you fucking forget "Mewnipendence Day" where star explain that the queen made the soldier more powerful? Do you even watch the show?

I am saying that not everyone can use magic, but that her chapter permit you to use her magic the wand can make you use magic, but only superficial magic because star can "Deep down" and do powerful magic. Seriously user how many people on Mewny can use magic?

Is she?
youtube.com/watch?v=pB6Fa_pJqRQ

Well I mean they are, insofar as the show still operates on the Monsters-as-Native-Americans analogy. The Mewmans are land-stealing genocidal assholes.

>burning coal
>Coalburner
>Eclipsa fucked a monster

>Will she end up being revealed as another shit tier villain like Toffee
No, because she has the potential to corrupt Star instead of just kill her. Toffee was the opening act, not the main course, and it was the show's design to hide that fact.

Marco was possessed, he wasn't really doing anything

>"Mewnipendence Day" where star explain that the queen made the soldier more powerful?
The queen, yes, with the wand
All of the queens or future queens in their turn, after turning 14 when they get the wand also get the book. The book only opens to the person owning the wand, which is the current butterfly female wand-holder. However none of the other chapters, which are all full of instruction on how to use magic, are locked, only Eclipsa's.

So your theory is retarded

>The book only opens to the person owning the wand
Did you watch Mewberty?

is it so wrong to want to buy your own candy bars?

Ludo was the opening act though.

Well fuck me you're right but my point stands.
S1: Ludo (antagonist, wants wand)
S2: Toffee (villain, will consider killing to have wand)
S3: Eclipsa (villain, will exploit Star's growing ambivalence about monsters)
S4: _________ (endboss, Star ultimately achieves godhood and sends Marco & crew back to Echo Creek, sealing the portal forever)

Ok you don't watch the show?

>Marco was possessed, he wasn't really doing anything
HAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH
Ok you are retarded, who you piece of shit, who Possessed Marco?

>The book only opens to the person owning the wand
Are you for real?

Only the owner of the book can write on the book you can read the book any day user.

It's at Glossaryck's discretion who he helps with what, and when.
He'll shoot the shit with random people like Janna and Oskar if he feels like it, but he's not going to teach anyone but the owner of the book magic.
He directly refused to let Ludo even look at it because 1) Ludo had a magic wand and so was in an actual position to use what he could learn from the book, unlike say Janna, and 2) He wanted to antagonize Ludo and Toffee so they'd "kill" him, so Ludo couldn't become a threat bigger than what Star/Moon/the Kingdom could handle (this also being why he burned the page with the rat spell in Bon Bon before he was kidnapped) and to make Toffee think that his loose end had been tied up.

I'm not the user you're responding to but it seems pretty obvious that Marco was taken over by some force. It's not exactly in character for Marco to willingly start performing some dark arts, and his eyes were glowing. The same thing happens to Ludo in the same situation.
Something about Eclipsa's chapter leaves the reader open to possession. Toffee couldn't just overpower Ludo at will, he had to have Ludo open the chapter first.

Is Glossaryck a god?

>HAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH
>Ok you are retarded, who you piece of shit, who Possessed Marco?

Not him, but damn nigga. Are you alright?

>Ludo
Ludo is not a good example user he was already possessed.

Nigga plz!!!

In the guidebook, he claims that the universe "fabricated" him to "make sense" of magic and teach it to Mewmans. And he then created the Magic High Commission, a group of beings who govern magic throughout the universe(s) and shape it to serve the interests of Mewmans.

He could be considered "a" god but he's definitely not "the" God or anywhere near an equivalent. He's demonstrably not all-knowing (despite what Rhomubulus believes) though he does know more than anyone, and he's probably not all-powerful although he is still extremely powerful.

>Ludo was already possessed.
I'm not sure you know what "possessed" means.

You don't know what "possessed" means.
He was chasing star in the forest and in the end he begins to listen voices are you retarded?
Did you even look "Ludo in the Wild" you don't even watch the show why are you discussing with me?

The wand didn't start talking to Ludo until "By The Book."
The Star he sees was really there, Spider and Eagle could see and chase it. It was a magical construct/illusion created by the wand. The tell is that "Star's" eyes are green.

More to the point, even after the wand started talking to him, he wasn't "possessed". Ludo was still in control of his thoughts and actions, Toffee only advised him.

>S4:......
No user that is too depressive plz NO.

>Spider and Eagle could see and chase it
Prove

Ok user define "possessed".

>Prove
Maybe, uh, look at the screenshot I posted with that post. Or watch the episode yourself.

>define "possessed"
To be controlled by some force, typically a demon or other evil spirit.

S3 Finale:
Eclipsa takes over Mewni with a huge army of monsters.
She turns Marco into a monster.
She banishes every mewnian from Mewni to Earth, including Star and her parents.
Marco can't go back.

I literally watched the episode in the middle of our argument and no they are just following Ludo's orders and not seeing her.

>>define "possessed"
hmm so he was just haunting Ludo.
Ok, but still not a good argument to your first point.

Most likely, but Star will defeat her and take her rightful place.

user seriously you're coming across a little crazy right now not gonna lie

TWO THREADS

Hydra rules, m8. Chop one head, more grow back in its place.

Fine, sorry, the person Glossaryck chooses to open the book to.

Nevertheless it makes the theory of "the only reason Eclipsa's chapter is locked is to keep any layman from learning magic" absolutely ridiculous, because there are already so many obstacles in place for that. It's clear that Eclipsa's chapter isn't locked to keep yer commoner mewman out, it's to indicate to the wand-holder Butterflies that this is dangerous territory

I was pretty surprised by how bizarre the end sequence was. Him taunting Moon was fine, but Star just appearing and vaporizing him as he basically waited for her to appear came across as strange.

You really get the impression all the designs of the monster styled characters existed before they could come up with a reason for why they're supposedly different from anyone. There's honestly not many Mewmans in their magical dimension, and the rest aren't all "monsters." Yet there's not much explanation for why or what everyone else is. The actual answer is 'quirky designs,' but the canon answer doesn't really exist yet.

She's a good person who turned her back on humanity after seeing how they treated monsters. She'll probably try to get some sort of revenge, but be sympathetic at the same time.

Before S3 I would've said she wasn't: maybe not "good" either, but with an exaggerated reputation because of her monsterlovin' and abandoning her kingdom.

But now that we're lacking any immediate villain or threat outside of Miss Heinous who's a joke right now, someone's gotta step up to the role and I don't see anyone more likely than her. You don't make her getting free an ominous cliffhanger like the cleaved wand was before if it turns out she's not that dangerous.

Did Glossaryk start proclaiming Eclipsa was evil to have her denounced & imprisoned? Does he fear that Eclipsa is more powerful than him? Does he harbor the same fear towards Star?

Fear is a strong word for his mind. Threatened is more within line. He viewed her as a being that could upset the balance of magic if alliwed to go free.

I thought Jackie was in that picture for a second

I hope star is stained head to toe in dark magic juju by the middle of season four

Something from the other thread.

Probably it's like murrica. It's OK when they do it but it's wrong when someone else do it, at least without their authorization

Hey, have to live up to the title "World Power," can't just be sitting arpund eating levitato chips all day. Oh wait

Yes and I really hope she's the big bad of the series. But to be fair Nefcy surprised me.
I thought it'd end at toffee but that was before I saw Into The Wand.

Man, I wonder what the hell she Eclipsa used this spell on

Glossaryck was willing to risk the destruction of not only the Butterfly Kingdom, but magic itself just to bring out Star's full potential.
Glossaryck was also the one to point Moon towards Eclipsa, securing Eclipsa's inevitable freedom.

He doesn't fear their magic, he wants to play them against each other so they each (Star espeicallly) achieve more than they ever could alone.

Let's hear your Eclipsa ideas

the lewder, the better

What do you mean "monster styled characters"?

a handjob

Literally anyone in the entire realm that isn't a mewman or 'monster.'

She just wants a snookers.

evil is subjective

The Sith were the good guys, user.

tell me more

Yes, her personality will be like Star's (joyful, happy go lucky, carefree) except she'll be evil and just casually do really fucked up shit with a smile on her face.

The idea of her character is to be sort of like "this is what Star could become under the right circumstances".
Well yeah, using one of her spells corrupted Moon's arms and covered her in weird, black/purple crap and the only other one of her spells we know about is designed for spying on people. Not to mention that reading her chapter completely fucked up Marco and did weird shit to him.

Her spells and chapter kind of speak for themselves when it comes to how evil she is.

Rational fic by a programmer who actually has a decent command of prose (why do none of you fucking writefucks have any idea how to *write*) with a bunch of lovecraftian elements and a focus on Eclipsa. Has some totally metal moments in the first half.

Then, halfway through, it turns out Eclipsa's a modern ultra-feminist (with all of the modern language and understanding) who discovers an honest-to-goodness pedophile ring in one of the kingdom's guilds, and when she goes to root them out her mother is complicit in protecting them. The rest of the story turns into a thinly-veiled bash on specific tumblr draw people and a giant morality lesson on why R34 is bad.

It's basically a series of things to hook you in so that this person can teach you how to be a Good Person, because you're all awful. It starts out with a reasonably decent characterization (other than Star being the intelligent one) and devolves into purely "oh my god these characters are nothing like how they started and the progression to get there was illogical," it starts out with some delicious horror and fun and devolves into the *worst* sort of preaching.

Do yourself a favor, and stay away.

That was a reply to (you), derp

They've been hinting around at monsters not really being naturally evil and the fact that the Mewmans basically Auschwitz'd them out of Mewni.

*hinting around since season 1

And to top it all off it's sprinkled with some of the most hamfisted pandering I've ever seen.

>Princess Eclipsa had a girlfriend
well uh okay I guess, kind of a weird characterization choice for a woman who would later have two husbands but it sort of fits her outcast nature

>Eclipsa's mother is an insane strawman and the author gives her half a chapter for a nonsensical [UNSOLICITED OPINIONS ON ISRAEL??]-tier rant, rather than give her even a hint of a reasonable position like wanting to cover up the pedo ring for the sake of the kingdom's respectability
uhhh

>The monster child that Eclipsa and a group of her friends lynched as children turned out to be fucking transgender
>because kids beating another helpless kid to death because racism wasn't tragic and fucked up enough I guess
we are launching a fucking rocket over the shark

>in the entire realm
>not mewman or monster
You mean Glossaryk? He's got an explanation, and everyone else is from a different dimension.

This And if you listen to the words of Moon's spell that destroys immortal enemies, It alludes several times to ancient dark powers in the deep places of the world, who the caster is pledging themselves to in the process of casting the spell.
So Moon might have bargained with Eclipsa, but Eclipsa seems to have bargained with something much more dangerous to increase her powers. What that is, I have no idea if it will be explored, but it's alluded to to create a clear sense of drawing on things that should not be drawn on.

>yfw it's some kind of "anti-Glossaryck"

>It alludes several times to ancient dark powers in the deep places of the world, who the caster is pledging themselves to in the process of casting the spell.
>So Moon might have bargained with Eclipsa, but Eclipsa seems to have bargained with something much more dangerous to increase her powers. What that is, I have no idea if it will be explored, but it's alluded to to create a clear sense of drawing on things that should not be drawn on.
Wait

WAIT A FUCKING SECOND

I KNEW THIS SHIT SOUNDED FAMILIAR

NEFCY YOU SNEAKY FUCK

THIS WASN'T A MAGICAL GIRL TRANSFORMATION

THIS WASN'T A MAGICAL GIRL TRANSFORMATION AT ALL