Why did every single character in these movies know that Peter was Spider-Man

Why did every single character in these movies know that Peter was Spider-Man

He probably didn't care that much about keeping it.

Certainly not as much as his comic counterpart.

Because he kept taking his mask off every 10 minutes.

>That face
Did he know?

Of course he knew. It's not plot relevant at all they just wanted to emphasize that this Spider-Man sucks

As shown by the train scene, common people love and willingly choose to guard his secret identity even if they have the perfect chance to snap a photo.

Peter is shit at keeping his secret. Miles follows this trend.

Name a more kino scene from any other capeflick. I fucking dare you. This scene epitomizes the feeling of gratitude people have towards heroes and no other superhero movie has come close to this.

It's heavily implied that Robbie knows he is Spider-Man in the comics too. At least before One More Day.

i cried during that scene

I don't blame you, the scene did its job well.

Penis Parker is better
JK this scene is top tier

That's the point of the scene being performed and cut that way.

You're left wondering. Does Robbie know at that stage? Maybe. Or maybe he's simply pointing out that Spider-Man was there - and Peter Parker seems to have an in with Spider-Man if he's able to get all those pictures. So it's reasonable that Jonah would want them.

But it's also reasonable that Jonah would have put it together too - he is after all a long-time reporter himself, even if he's played for laughs - and that in turn sets up a deeper meaning to this scene: if you believe that Robbie knows, then it's reasonable that Jonah knows too, even if they haven't discussed it. Does Jonah not even allude to it because he respects Peter, or because he hates him and is planning to unmask him at a time of his (Jonah's) choosing? Or does he not mention it because he doesn't want to be party to a criminal act that, after all, he benefits financially from? Because that's the bigger problem: if it gets out that Spider-Man is a Bugle staffer or a freelancer who started out there selling pictures of himself, then the paper becomes a laughing stock at best, and suspect at worst. There's potential criminal charges for getting involved with a vigilante.

Now, the thing about that - and not just in the movies - is that that's how Venom is set up. Pete gets the black suit, it turns out to be a jerk, and it goes to Eddie Brock. But Eddie wants revenge even before he gets the suit - because he's done something that, on this reading, Jonah has been letting Peter get away with for years. It's only a technicality that Eddie manipulates pictures - Jonah of all people knows that the choice of picture determines the story, not the other way around.

Venom isn't just two rejects hooking up for revenge on the same guy; it's two rejects who have a plausible grievance against a guy who, ultimately, rejected them for no reason.

Now when was the last time an antagonist had that kind of depth?

Peter Parker is a fucking be nobody. Unless you want to kill Spider-Man through Peter Parker that information is fucking useless. It's like knowing Clark Kent does in his spar time.

>that scene in 1 where Jonah protects Peter when the Goblin comes after him

ASM/2/HC have nothing that good

I keep getting my focus drawn to Phil LaMarr in that scene.

1 gets a lot of shit because of all the admittedly hilarious memes but I still think it's the best one of those movies

I still have a soft spot for that scene in the first film where those post-9/11 New Yorkers stand up for Spidey when the Green Goblin's just about to strike the death blow against him. At face value it might feel overly sentimental or even just tacked on in light of that then-recent tragedy irl, but thematically it fits perfectly as a direct contradiction to Gobby's Randian "the little people will always bring us exceptional individuals down" rhetoric, which really gives the scene it's weight.

It especially works, too, in light of that initial montage of those mixed public opinions regarding Spidey when he first started out, plus not to mention plus that shit the Daily Bugle has published at his expense. Norman did have a pretty valid argument in reasoning that the masses are too fickle and retarded to know the value of a hero's altruism, which happened to resonate with him too given how he felt similarly persecuted as a self-made businessman whose company was trying to oust him for their own bottom line (before he skeletonized them). Raimi really knew how to emphasize Norman's "evil" qualities in refuting them, while still humanizing him pretty fairly, and weirdly enough gave the people of New York a similarly well-rounded treatment, when Spider-man's heroism could've easily been written off as a "thankless but necessary job" that would have sorely undermined the commitment he had to that responsibility.

I liked the train scene too, but imo the Bridge scene was some pretty formidable kino as well.

>But it's also reasonable that Jonah would have put it together too

Somebody post the image.

It's scenes like this that really gave the film character. You got a sense that there were a lot more people in that NYC than in Homecoming, where all extras are played as jokes.

actually that's one of my top favorite scenes from movies.