Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4ikGvLUbOuU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

To THIS

To SHIT

to this?

Piss poor pacing.

God damn I wanna fuck that twink ass

Steven has the most punchable face in the world.

YOU AND ME BOTH

youtube.com/watch?v=4ikGvLUbOuU

I'm sorry that you feel like physically abusing a fictional character, user.

>Took 3 millenia and fourty thousand townie episodes
Nah.

Lars of the Stars is pretty great, though.

Via power fantasy beef up over personal development

Except instead of 50 episodes, it's 132.

I'm sorry you're in love with a character who has such a punchable face.

Simple, being stuck on space forced Lars to toughen up and smarten up in order to survive. Unlike Steven, he's been coddled by three gems poorly rationalizing why they thought it was a good idea to oppose homeworld.

I'm sorry that you accuse me of liking a fictional character you want to physically abuse just because of their physical appearance.

You're right, user. Accusing someone of actually liking Steven is pretty horrible and I apologize. He still has a punchable face.

With many episodes of good character development.

Anyone who faced a death experience while doing an heroic act of altruism knows how much does it changes you.

Just fuck already.

I'm game. But we'll have to cover up his collection of Steven rule 34 in his room or I'll lose my boner.

I'm sure you'll just apologize to him for losing your boner in typical passive aggressive fashion then you'll both remember why you both fell in love with each other in the first place.

I was out of the loop and thought you guys were kidding about space pirate Lars

I mean, it's kind of neat, but still

A love infinitely purer than Romeo and Juliet, I think.

>Be an off-color gem
>with hundreds or even thousands of years under your belt living in your native society, the
only thing you can think to do is run and hide
>some guy comes out of nowhere
>is less than a hundred years old, practically a baby compared to you
>knows practically nothing about Homeworld, a place he didn't even know existed until he got there
>manages to steal and pilot a spaceship

Are gems just plain retarded? I don't know whether I want to hate this dumb new twist, since old Lars was even worse.

Lars probably has portal powers.

Lars is probably high of a hero feel. Considering most off colors are pussies, they probably just needed a leader to do that.

>Captain Larlock

Lars doesn't have a Gem, so destabilizers which are the common weapon in the gem world don't work on him

Relatable

Well hopefully they both kill themselves too.

Stars > Gem x Lars > Sadie x Lars

Maybe we can work in a three way and involve you.

>some character development after those mountains of filler

fucking finally

Is this purposefully the same position as Becky's Ed Edd n Eddy yaoi art?

Well, off color gems are actually handicapped in one way or another.

Please tell me im not the only one that thought space pirate lars is really fucking stupid

You're the only one, I think it's great.

literally anything would be a step up from what he was before

>Oh, Lars.
>What on earth do I see in you??

>Quit bein such a fag, Steven.

I don't know if you've realized, but it's an ongoing theme that gems kind of suck at everything they do. The only reason they've been able to establish a galactic empire is SHITLOADS of time. They've got all the time they need to just outlast any potential opponent or overcome any obstacle.

For example, it would be a trivial matter for the Gempire to wipe out humanity and turn Earth into some kind of parking structure planet, but they don't because they have no sense of urgency. What does some little dirtball matter to them when they have an eternity to take care of it? Yet that little dirtball may very be their undoing because humans know how to GET SHIT DONE.

Wouldn't be so bad if Steven wasn't so ugly.

It's kind of stupid, but it's cool, and such an improvement from the constant "I'm an asshole with REPRESSED FEEELINGS" Lars that I'll take it in a heartbeat

Steven is like a cute little hamster.

I just feel like there could have been a genuinely emotional and better thought out arc for his character development that didn't involve some shitty anime references and such a sudden jump in personality.
The space pirate thing is just not cool at all in fact its pretty lame and is just mary sue bs.

More like a disgusting pink pig with an afro.

>sudden jump in personality.
How do you know that Lars isn't just faking it? We've only seen a minute long clip, he could just be the same person we saw last who's just playing hero.

You see, Steven universe plot development comes in rapid bursts.

>Plot
>Filler
>Filler
>Filler
>3 episodes of plot
>More fucking filler
Which does not a good show make. You can tell there making this shit up as they go along.

STOP

YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO LOVE JESUS LIKE THAT!

>Are gems just plain retarded?
do you watch the show? The answer is s strong yes.

doubt

>Are gems just plain retarded?
Uh yeah. The scanners don't even recognize an object until it scans it's gem. It doesn't even seem like it scans through an object either. Lars job could've been fulfilled decades ago by simply holding something up over their Gems like a piece of scrap metal or a rock to escape. The only reason this tech works in the first place is because Gems are idiots.

Cute.

Fan art tries so hard to make him cute. But you can only polish a turd so much.

cute

>Goes from a whiney and insecure teenager to an experienced space pirate capable of undermining an entire empire all within the span of less than a month
>We didn't even get to see hit happen, they just jumped right to it
>People actually defend this because they're desperate for characters that are actually cool and have "interesting" things transpiring in their lives

>those flabby sausage arms
Gross. That's also a problem some of the characters in Steven Universe.

>pic related
That's funny user. Keep it up.

Regular Show's an entirely different show and it's pacing/character development can't be compared to it. Mordecai's a pretty annoying character though.

don't act like you don't want to flop your cock down on that retarded smile

Rose's resurrection ability doesn't bring back their old personality but raises them as perfect soldiers by removing any inhibitions that they might have had and replacing it with slavish devotion to her and her cause.

I'd be too afraid to get snot and boogers on it because of that fucked up flat nose where the nostrils just stick straight out.

Too far, user.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of his off-screen character development either. I think that Lars fans are just happy that everyone isn't shitting on him anymore, never mind that the fact that he suddenly gains leadership qualities and is now able to commanding a group of beings that are a thousand years older than him and have been on this planet longer than he has.

>Implying I'd rather not just do you

it never gets better
NEVER

>Lars is an insufferable prick for 95% of the series
>never learns his lesson even though there were plenty of opportunities to show him gradually getting better
>suddenly in the last few eps he does a complete 180 and goes from being a dick to completely nice
>oh also he goes from being a cowardly teenager to an awesome leader who can outsmart an intergalactic empire

great """""development"'"""" right there

After he finally accepted our lord and savior Steven Universe into his heart, and converted over to becoming Steven's personal disciple of course he's gonna' become an awesome leader.

The answer is that Lars has always been more manly and has a bigger penis than Steven ever will.

>"Let me show you what a real MAN looks like."

>I think that Lars fans are just happy that everyone isn't shitting on him anymore,
he deserves to get shit on, hes such a piece of shit character I'm surprised he even has fans

Steven of Beleven

The amount of sheer smugness Lars is showing in that pic is on a level that I've only ever seen in lolis (particularly of the vampiric persuasion) and metal gear revengeance characters. Goddamn that is a smug man.

Did I miss an episode or something?
Last thing I saw was steven going home through lars' head.

SU threads are fuckin lame

more like a disgusting faggot

Believe in crying your problems away.

Memebarn

Also, bad writing.

No, the next episode is them visiting Lars. So either A) The creators have one helluva plan to ramp up the pacing in order to deliver proper story payoff and not repeat the cluster clusterfuck, or B) The creators can't story

We all know which one it is. Don't pretend

It's just about gotten me to drop the series.

The sneak peak was not only just "Oh hey, here's a ton of stuff that would have been neat to watch, we're just going to tell you about it," it was also extremely cringy in delivery as well.

And serves to undermine homeworld as anything resembling a threat further.

The only reason I'm considering continuing it is that there's a rumor floating that Lars might just be gotten rid of this season.

BELIEVE IN STEVEN

Reminds me of the French comic Wake where all the aliens have psychic abilities, to the point where the technology they have can only recognize something as self-aware if they are emitting a psychic signal.

So when the single stranded human gets picked up and she becomes a covert agent, she really fucks over a lot of aliens' days.

There's even a war of the machine on some shit hole of a planet she gets stranded on and the concept of SIGHT is foreign to the machines since they just detect targets based on this psychic signal alone.

So this isn't a new concept.

And where the fuck is all of this Lars of the Stars stuff coming from?

>tfw we won't see him after this episode for two years because the godawful pacing, CN's scheduling, and "Steven's perspective"
I NEED MORE SMUG IN MY SU GODDAMMIT

Man, this show is really shitty.

>The son of Greg "Murdercock" Universe
>not having a magnum dong

The saddest part is that before he died, Lars actually had to confront his own doubts and his self destructing nature. That's actual character development.

Instead of actually seeing how those personal revlations impact his relationships with people in town (Sour Cream, Steven, FUCKING SADIE) they wrote him out of the show by making him a SUPER BADASS ACTION MAN. It's a cop out. We didn't get to see a character grow and change, we got to see him take the first step and go away. It's bullshit and as a fan of this show that constantly takes detours to detail the inner workings of this town it downright feels like a robbery to see him removed from it after he's one of the few people to have character development.

I think it would have made more sense if more than one person went to homeworld with steven. Someone like ronaldo so he can see that he was right all along.

Why did lars even need to die in the first place? His death is treated as barely an issue anyways and it could have simply left on a cliffhanger leading ino more homeworld adventures later. The only conceivable reason why they'd do that is to shove in more townies in between and ruin the tension and pacing yet again.

Hack writing.

Steven needed a way to get home more or less

But it could've had an episode where they absconded away with a ship back home and show lars' character development along the way.

Lars turning into a pink zombie space pirate opens up a lot more storylines

If this were last year sure, but I can't believe anymore Stevey