They're going to make him #woke now aren't they?

They're going to make him #woke now aren't they?

Other urls found in this thread:

4thletter.net/2012/01/america-is-now-blood-and-tears-instead-of-milk-and-honey-secret-avengers-21/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Who knows? I'll be sure to get pre-emptively offended just in case.

Real life America won't even stop giving the Japanese shit about Pearl Harbor or the French for surrendering, what delusion is Marvel under that the even angrier (given their hatred towards mutants) fictional Americans would forgive the man who went full tyrant on them?

For what it's worth, he was always #woke, for whatever that's supposed to really mean, and if you don't really get that, you haven't been reading Cap comics. But make sure to get really offended.

Jesus fuck, you people will get offended about anything.

he did nothing wrong though

That's Captain America dude, not Cyclops.

I'm so glad his best outfit is coming back. Hopefully this causes more heroes to ditch the real and overly designed looks for their classic ones.

Being "woke" and being pro-America are mutually exclusive.

he gained power legally and makes everyone's lives better. he's like trump people hate him for no reason

He orchestrated events to gain that authority user. It's like executing anyone that would have voted against you just so you can say you won the presidency by a landslide.

>he's like trump people hate him for no reason

People have their reasons. They range from stupid to reasonable, but they have reasons.

The Nomad arc exists solely to prove you wrong, and it's one of the best things done with the character.

Exceot he was more disillusioned with the leadership of America than the idea of America. "Woke" people hate the idea of America.

it doesnt matter that he manipulated events, it was all legal manipulation and he won and everyone loves him

Depends.

They can't go super-duper SJW because then they would piss off even MORE people, since a good number of people complaining about Nazi Cap called Marvel out on them making him a Nazi to shit on him/conservatives.

Also, letting Waid go SJW would effectively salt the earth for Coates's run, which you know is going to be SJW garbage and then some.

The irony is that the easiest solution for a filler arc would be to just do a WW2 flashback story with Cap beating up Nazis like crazy. Would let them do their fan service for the SJW horde and get their Nazi punching fetish fix done ASAP.

>Coates's run
Didn't Rich say it was either Waid or Coates though?

Bullshit.

The Nomad arc is pretty much garbage. Cap basically wore a crappy new costume and moped for a couple of issues while beating up Viper and Cobra while a bunch of shits tried to be Cap and either got crippled/killed, culminating in Red Skull outright killing the scrub that Falcon was running with and and leaving his corpse on display to bait Steve to get back into his rightful uniform

Waid's doing a filler arc because

1. Coates is slow as hell and won't have anything ready in time for Legacy launching

2. They want an apologia arc to come out for damage control and Waid has name value from his previous Cap runs, in spite of his current garbage output

I can't imagine Coates on Captain America. The dude hates the country. I mean, he dedicates his non-comics work shitting on it and asking for reparations. Even wrote in one of his books that when 9/11 happened, he watched the people dying stoned and didn't give a shit because the first responders were "menaces of nature."

who's the rumored artist with coates? Black Panther is regular

Most citizens have no problem with Hydra and welcome their strong leadership. Not like the chaos and degenerecy under the limp-wristed politicians in the white house and the superheroes that turned NYC into a playground of death and destruction.

A Coates Captain America would be a disaster and even more of a shitshow than Spencer's Nazi Cap.

Well yeah, Captain Hydra was great. Secret Empire just ended up falling prey to the curse of Marvel Events, but all the lead-up was great.

If this is true, I hope the rumored heads rolling somehow dislodges this. Would be a terrible thing for the character if Coates is on the title.

I didn't realize there'd be so much butthurt so now I'm extra hype for TNC's Cap

For what it's worth, Coates said he loved the Brubaker Cap run and commented that he wanted to write Cap as a Tom Clancy thriller.

The irony is that there are some SJW types who hate Brubaker because he refused to call out or refute in his book, Warren Ellis when Ellis did an arc on Secret Avengers where Cap basically was "Torture is great! Fuck yeah!".....

>Not understanding what woke is
>being this stuck in your narrative
you must go back

>shows him put his shield on the right arm
>big picture it's on his left
It's a stupid-ass thing to be mad about, but I still am. Holy shit.

I don't know, he had the balls to point out that Wakanda is more or less a cashed-up sociocultural shithole. Even if a Cap run by him is a shitshow I think it'd be worth if called attention to some of the unsavory shit that is taken for granted in the MU.

user, you can clearly see his elbow, he's putting it on his left hand just like the big picture is showing.

Yeah, now that I look at it more I guess you're right. All the same, with the boot covering the arm it's harder to tell. I'm probably just expecting disappointment and trying to aim it somewhere else. I wish I didn't have to do that.

That does seem the best solution

Hasn't Marvel done enough damage?

I think it depends on if they give the book to Coates, and if so, what does he do with it.

I'll have to be pre-pre emptively offended by your pre emptive offense then.

No worries user, i understand.

I honestly don't know, Waid's Cap stories are good and the way he wrote him in his recent Kooky Quartet mini comic was pretty OK.

I know Waid has gone off his rocker but he's always been careful with Cap, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and if he burns me I guess that's on me.

Coates on the other hand....

Waid of today is not the Waid of the 90s though.

He's going back to the classic costume?!?! Is marvel finally on the upswing?

>The irony is that there are some SJW types who hate Brubaker because he refused to call out or refute in his book, Warren Ellis when Ellis did an arc on Secret Avengers where Cap basically was "Torture is great! Fuck yeah!".....

And they'd be right. It was a dumb portrayal that should've been shot down by a competent editor.

4thletter.net/2012/01/america-is-now-blood-and-tears-instead-of-milk-and-honey-secret-avengers-21/

He's always been #woke. He was literally #woke from the #ice.

Does Coates writing it come from anyplace other than Bleeding Cool? I see multiple anons referring to Rich the Leech ITT and I dunno if they're just newfags or what, but you shouldn't trust BC. He's reliant on shite that gets posted here half the time.

It's just Bleeding Cool. For all we know Waid could be on for a long haul.

Ellis always had trouble writing Cap, I think it was when he did Endless Wartime but he said in an interview that he didn't get the character and had trouble writing him and it shows sometimes when he writes Cap.

Moon Knight, Natasha, Sharon, were the characters he wrote the best.

This whole thread is pointless
>Kobik gets reassembled
>Used to undue all that's happened since Cap came back
>If there is a god it will fix everything since, fuck...oh god, AvX?

>'#woke'
I'm confused, is this the liberal version of the 'red pill', ie. facts or (more commonly) hot opinions that make people uncomfortable to hear about and force them to reconsider their view on life?

Weird, he wrote a great Ultimate Cap

Can you really blame people? Marvel conditioned them well.