Nick TMNT

What went wrong?

It wasn't the 2003 version reanimated in HD.

At least they're fuckable.

Not much. It's a fun series, but certainly could have handled some of it's plot threads better.

Hell, isn't that kid still a pile of goop?

Yeah, she wants the D so hard

making donnie interested in april was a msitake

I don't see it as a mistake, but as something new and interesting for the franchise. Always being about Casey-April is getting a little boring you know.

Having shitty schedules that made people disinterested if they don't even know when new episodes came out. Also those Halloween episodes I think killed a lot of interest in the show

The writing. The writing went wrong.

It's hard to explain in a number of words, but there was no sense of causality to anything in the show. The turtles would do something stupid, then spend the episode trying to fix it, never having learned to not do the stupid thing in the first place. A long-running love triangle between April, Donatello and Casey led to absolutely nothing. The mutagen man subplot was repeatedly referenced, then completely forgotten. The show made a huge deal about retro-mutagen being so difficult to cultivate, but Mikey can make thousands of gallons of it by complete accident just in time for the turtles to save New York City from the Kraang.

There were no consequences for the anyones'' actions, no one ever learned anything, and when they did try to make a meaningful change it felt hollow and forced. When the writers finally pulled the trigger and killed off Splinter, it fell completely flat because they pulled a bait-and-switch with Splinter dying at least twice before.

Actions don't mean anything when there are no consequences for those actions. It just feels empty and pointless.

Shitty schedule

It was fucking shit. The fact that they refused to commit to it just made Donnie a creepy stalker that didn't know when to fuck off

And yet both this show and the 1987 series are a million times more popular than the '03 cartoon.

Ok? that doesn't disprove the writing issues though

it was ok until he showed the diagram where he rigs the game (more of determines every possibility) so she says "yes"

I know, I'm saying that writing doesn't matter. Marketing is everything in this industry, as in many others.

The entire space arc was pure trash. Like, it was borderline unwatchable.

Yes. They more or less forgot about him.

It had the most pitiful version of Shredder ever. As a worm ridden corpse, he at least had sense enough to fuck off back to hell. Also, dog-zombie being an actual zombie and being dispatched in pathetic fashion for a final time.

sure it's not this?

don't recall much of the live-action tv shredder

It was just a funny scene. I do not know why some people get this elements of Kids TV Shows so seriously.

reminds me too much of another cartoon guy who doesn't want to get a 'no' from his love interest.

Friendly reminder that this girl is the only creepy stalker of all TV shows I know. But of course people find her actions "cute"

>it's an "user doesn't understand basic biological differences between the sexes" episode
Hoo boy.

know of the show but haven't seen it so i wouldn't know.

though unless she goes full psycho (cabin in the woods, amputates your limbs so you can't escape) isn't the accepted reaction for a clingy beautiful (i can't stress out the importance of this) girl is "lucky SOB!"

April have never said a no. In fact, in season 3 Donnie was saying to her "I will stop", and her answer was a kiss on the lips (wtf?) . That was clearly a "I dont want you to stop". It's not all Donnie's fault.

tmnt 2012 great series one of the best reboot
there are two kind people
the one that butch because helove TMNT 2003
and the other just complain for the complain
++++++++++++++++++

Maybe Donnie's problem was that he wasn't direct enough.

Maybe she genuinely wanted him over Casey. Or maybe she wanted both.

literally just adapt the IDW TMNT.

You think Nick would allow that?

Did Nick lose the rights to this IP yet or Was that only Activision that can't make video games out of it anymore?

Probably not, for that to happen it has to be out of Nick's hands.

I can't think of a single property that has ever left one of the big 3.

Disney used to own Power Rangers.

>Shitty space arc
>Badly written romance
>Ruined Bishop
>Ruined Hun
And many more.

which is why we will never get a TMNT cartoon that even comes close to the original comic. the 2003 toon was probably the closest we will get.

But it wasn't the content that caused the difference in popularity, it was the marketing.

We can only dream

Well Casey has been a no show for a while, and your had Raphael looking at them as a couple during Dregg's invasion of earth. Writers probably just went fuck it, it happened not explaining how.

Yeah since season 4 they forgot the love triangle and writers focused on Donnie-April (desu, the power inside her was like an apritello fanfiction of a 14 year old girl. And When Worlds Collide you see them acting with each other like two lovebirds). It's just about time when writers put them together.

Different doesn't always mean good, especially when they botch the execution. It became his only quality and even when his brothers where hurt or shit was serious it was always DRRR APRIL WUV ME!

Season 1 and 2 could be like that, but since season 3 things changed a lot.

At least Donnie has a character development and stop his creepy actions during the show. Casey however is still a jerk and he only know to say "so metal" even when his planet and his family was destroyed like 13 seconds ago and flirts with every hot girl he sees.
I'm not a very fan of Donnie in this show, but Donnie>>>>>>>Casey.

Well, Doug never left the big 3 as a whole, but it jumped from one (Nick) to another (Disney).

A lot of pointless meandering. They keep overextending plot points to the point where you just stop giving a shit. Shredder started off intimidating (though I didn't like his "generic KMR" voice), but even he ended up feeling as incompetent as 80s cartoon Shredder considering how much he just sits there and lets shit happen then talks angrily about it.

It went absolutely nowhere. It also made April look like a cunt.
>Knows Donnie has a crush on her
>Keeps side stepping it
>Kisses Donnie when you know he's about to put the entire "crush" thing to rest
>Act like a bitch to him the very next episode because he thinks he has a chance since you fucking kissed him

Seriously, that shit killed it for me.

This. Well said.

Is that supposed to mean something?

Most pitiful Shredder was the Saban one, then But this one definitely sucks. They keep trying to make him intimidating, but he fucks up all the time to the point where it's comical.

Well, besides this being the best answer, simply Nick. It killed the show because of shit advertising while in the background they were getting ready for their TMNTGO! series.

This honestly sounds really familiar, is there other shows that does this as well? It's ringing some bells...

I really have to be the one to point out the Karai problem?

The fandom.

Hun was the only thing they improved.

What problem exactly? Her being Splinter's daughter?

The current season has backed away from focusing so much time on Don x April and the show is a lot better because of that.

It falls into the "plots overstaying their welcome" category.

Haven't watched this series, but is why she apparently doesn't sound Asian now?

>The turtles would do something stupid, then spend the episode trying to fix it
They created every villain and grudge in the entire series with the single exception of Dimension X attacking the multiverse. Even Shredder, because of time travel!

It's fine to have the heroes make a mistake and create a villain or two. But this show was absurd! The created entire armies of super villains and brought several space invaders to earth. The turtles didn't start feeling like genuine heroes until the latest(and last) season.

But I still enjoyed the show. Action cartoons are slim pickings the past several years so I take what I can get.

>why she apparently doesn't sound Asian now?
Who gives a shit? The original Shredder was voiced by Uncle Phil.

Yojimbo NEEDED to happen. This was a great choice and I've liked the last to episodes a lot.

I'm not sure what your point is there, since 2003 Shredder is vastly superior to all others anyways.

>Her being Splinter's daughter?

Her being Splinter's daughter and the show basically ignoring it for the bulk of it's run time. And she's stuck in a cycle of revenge on this person or that person and then snek.

Don't forget Leo still wanting to hit

-Too much 80swank
-Too much lolrandum humor
-Constant pop-culture references (Lol we just had a whole episode homaging a movie the target audience doesn't know about, isn't that hilarious?)
-Most braindead version of Mikey.
-Not 2K3

80s wank was good
Humour needed work and it clashed with the tone
Pop-culture references will never die and they're not there for the demographic usually. They're there for the creators to enjoy writing, especially in children's shows.
Yeah mikey was fucked. How many times has he 'died' now
2003 wasn't even that strong, mate.

>2003 wasn't even that strong, mate.
Still the best animated version to date, though then again it doesn't have much competition unless you're an 80s elitist who only views that stupid toy commercial as the definitive version of the entire franchise or a child watching 2K12.

To think of it, is she really a good character?
Her personality always seemed wrong to me.

Season 3 in general happened

Don't forget the 4th season

Second half of 4th season was cool

Maybe the first 2 seasons. Once they got heavy into the space stuff, it started getting tiresome, especially because it as well kept dragging Shredder in some form or another into the forefront.

Really, that's the biggest issue with the animated/film adaptions; they keep using Shredder. Fucking put him to rest for a while and let some new or other big comic villain have the spotlight.

Nah, the space arcs were awesome, as was the 3rd season (especially considering the finale). The first 3 seasons were gold (as they had the original Shredder), the 4th was still great, the 5th was a nice capstone to the series.

The other two were actually shockingly underrated, though not quite as good.

Space arc wasn't awesome. It was awesome in theory. It needed much more work than it got and to be honest it needed to be a lot shorter. They kept stretching out thin content to meet numbers.

Everything about this thing. Why not just make her Shredder's daughter? The entire drama was so convoluted it killed the series, and only continue to watch due to sunk cost.

They had some moments, sure, but weren't all that strong. Then they did that future series, and it was just retarded. Not to mention they kept mucking up the animation despite it being just fine in the first few. All that aside, the movie finale was solid, if a bit too harsh on how goofy the 80s turtles were.

Terribly schedule. Space arc and everything after just felt like going in circles.

Nah, it was really great as it was. The only thing that bothered me a bit about those arcs was how futile they seemed in retrospect, as at the very end it's revealed that neither side wanted to go to war but for the insane leaders.

But that's just like real life for you, isn't it?
As implied in the spoiler, I really liked FF. It may not quite reach the highs of the first few seasons, but to say it's actually bad is ridiculous

I liked the idea of her being Splinter's kid, but turned against him with either realizing it at first. But yea, they should have had it resolved once she learned the truth instead of her constantly gunning after Shredder's ass even when she pretty much knew he could spank her without trying.

>but to say it's actually bad is ridiculous
The character designs were pretty garbage.

Man, that design is terrible compared to 2003's (which itself wasn't that great, actually).

They were definitely worse, yes, but the difference was far less than you would think from all the screaming about it.

(In fact BTTS bothered me quite a bit more than FF, both design and writing-wise.)

2K3>2K12>1987

Totally agree.

Thanks, Captain Obvious.
(Though the first gap should be much bigger than the second.)

I want to slap that butt.

They seemed pretty different having shoulders twice as broad as they used to be.

Say what you want about the designs and writing, the show had some decent fanservice at times.

I never even noticed that. It all just looked more squared-off to me, that was it.

Not everyone shares your disgusting fetishes.
But I will concede that April's design is one of the very few things 2012 did much better than 2003.

>disgusting
Never said it was one of mine, and even rope bondage is tame as fuck. Have you ever seen /d/, nigga?

>Have you ever seen /d/
No, and I do not plan on doing so any time soon.

Weakling

Did you guys like When World's Collide, the Newtralizer & Lord Dregg teamup?
Dregg’s army attacking earth was actually pretty horrific, I was impressed at how menacing it was. But I thought Newtralizer becoming Electro was a weird choice.

Shame they made the whole thing with Shredder doing in Splinter pointless with the time travel, only to then do it all AGAIN sans the earth asploding.

The worst thing that come of tmnt 2012

shit taste, this is her best design.

It started strong, then it became a bit repetitive and annoying.
Still, I am going to miss this show, especially now that is going to be replaced with what seems to be the TMNT version of Teen Titans Go.

>act more like samurai
>edge and pointed weapons. no one gets slashed or stabbed unless a robot.

Nick "Hun" is just evil Bruce Lee. At least the old Hun was his own character.

>I liked the idea of her being Splinter's kid, but turned against him with either realizing it at first. But yea, they should have had it resolved once she learned the truth instead of her constantly gunning after Shredder's ass even when she pretty much knew he could spank her without trying.
It would've been better if she went on her own dark path, but it just kept flipp-flopping until she became useless and good.

She kind of did, what with her becoming a monster who couldn't control herself and was turned because of her own carelessness. Problem is, the Kraang shit cropped up again and she got shelved for most of the season until the turtles got rid of the aliens.

So is the final season just random adventures?

Nick, air time, plot driven.