Wonder Woman thread

Just finished this.

Why the fuck would they retcon this away? Its the most interesting Wonder Woman's mythos has ever been and it gave them all of Greek mythology as a sandbox.

Was Rucka a mistake? Wonder Woman thread. Post best runs, stories etc etc

>Was Rucka a mistake?
100% yes.

people complaining about the baby killing rape Amazons. I only had little problems with it, I saw it more of a necessity to continue their existence since they arent as mystically or technologically endowed as the other portrayals of the WW Amazons

No idea. If it was bringing back the post-crisis history of Wonder Woman and abandoning the new one I would understand and appreciate it.

Instead they let Rucka go wild and do another origin rewrite.

they didn't kill babies, they killed the fathers. The male babies were sent to Hephaestus

Sup Forums has a notorious hateboner for it but really it works fine as an elseworlds

I genuinely prefer her being Zeus' daughter and a demigoddess over being a clay statue brought to life. It's so much more interesting and there's so much more you can do with that.

And what a cluster fuck. Oh we lied to you about your Dad being Zeus to make you think you were just made from clay is actually a lie to make you think you werent just made from clay.

Honestly, Rucka retconning this was a necessary sacrifice to erase Finch's run from existence.

Who was the broest of dads.

tumblr has a notorious hateboner for it.
People here liked it when it was currently being published

they killed the babies before Brophestus knew of it and made the deal. Them being thrown into the sea made him remember what Hera did to him and be sympathetic to the Manazons.

This. The thing is any mediocre writer could have wrote interesting stories using the greek mythology or pantheon. It was an easy in to making her interesting again.

>TFW No one will ever stop Hades from being eternally eaten by Cronus.

By the end a lot of people had turned on it.

Combination of casuals calling it the best Wonder Woman of all time when it was clearly their only real experience with the character, backlash against the constant praise because that's just how it works, and First Born not being all that compelling.

I don't even care about her being a blood relative of Zeus. The interpretations of the Greek gods in this run was really cool, especially Chiang's designs for them. As long as they kept them around and made her a clay baby again i'd be fine with it.

It feels too obvious to me.
Plus I generally disapprove of making fundamental changes to a character's origin.

Who gives a fuck when we got a whole year of based Orion hitting on Legs? Zzz didn't feel the need to make Orion a payday either. He 1v1 tanked the First Born.

Titans Hunt had already retconned Donna, most everything else was shit people didn't care about or could be safely ignored.

You must hate Year One

Finch was a mistake but it was "not muh Wonder Woman" something fierce. Orion was amazing in it tho.

WW is like Dr. Who, everyone has their own definite version and will always despise the other. Also, Nine will always be best.

Orion was a goddamn baller in Azz's run, if only that idiotic SM/WW shit hadn't been happening in N52.

>Its the most interesting Wonder Woman's mythos has ever been and it gave them all of Greek mythology as a sandbox
t. Never read a single WW run before

aaaaaaaaaaaand here we go.

RIP Lennox

What is Azz doing nowadays? Him on an Orion book would be perfect to compliment the Miracle Man book

It was more interesting than most takes on Greek mythology you see in WW. Either way Greek mythology is pretty played out in urban fantasy, they really should give it a rest for a couple of years and focus on something else.

He was doing DK3 with Miller.

Hmm. I hope Miracle Man sells well. The New Gods were shit in Godhead.

I really like her capes she wears. What are the best capes she ever worn?the American flag ones are hideous tho

So you haven't read any other Wonder Woman, yet feel you're qualified to say it's "the best she's ever been"?

There is an entire mythos already there, decades of stories, all thrown out because Mozzarella didn't feel like doing any research. If somebody did this to Superman, you'd be screaming bloody murder.

And they didn't retcon it anyway, they just restored the Amazons to their previous selves, which was a good move considering that was far and away the most retarded and stupid part of the run. It was like making the Kents into racist Christians.

>Oh we lied to you about your Dad being Zeus
Literally did not happen, did you even read it? Rucka didn't touch the Zeus origin at all and it's still in place.

Don't strawman the guy about what he's read

Anyway, I thought it does a good job of doing a different origin story without trying too hard. In my mind it felt like Morrison's Action Comics. While it bums me out that the run will (mostly) never be referenced again, its probably for the best its retconned. Azzarello's run had a beginning, middle, and end. There didn't really seem to be that many new stories you could have with that universe.

Secret Identity is great though. Also WW had had maybe 3 good runs. Get off your high horse.

It was also boring, the cardinal sin of anything in superhero comics.

Because Rucka was anal over the fact that some other Wonder Woman origin other than his own was accepted. Could only imagine how anal he felt about the Wonder Woman movie seeing as how she is a demigod and daughter of Zeus in that.

And yet Rucka failed to do so and did another boring origin story on top of another origin story. And this was right after Flinch retconned Wonder Woman's origin.

>Was Rucka a mistake?

Yes. But a lot of people are still in denial, because a little over ten years ago he had a better run.

Wasnt that run of his just recycle ideas of a previous writer?

>Plus I generally disapprove of making fundamental changes to a character's origin.

You really have to hate everything about Perez's origin then.

I mean, I've read relatively little Wonder Woman, so I don't know what they did later, but I'd imagine their interpretation of "War" in that run might cause a bit of a problem, seeing as Ares is among her most prominent villains. He honestly was more of an ally for most of that run.

Zeus never could keep it in his pants. Her being his daughter is the most generic origin you can get
Somewhat true. But in the end we would mostly get rehashings of greek mythology from mediocre writers. Those are not exactly superhero stories.
This was definitely the best part

It didn't bring a lot new to the table, no. It had a focus on pantheon politicking and scheming that we usually don't see, but ultimately it wasn't particularly interesting. Veronica Cale was also terrible.

Why does Hades always get this shit in modern media?

Because Christianity conformity. Hades=death=bad=Satan.

>liking Azzarello's run
Are a misogynist or something.

Can we do a pic dump, I need some more WW for my collection

>the most interesting Wonder Woman's mythos has ever been
... since Perez FTFY

>Was Rucka a mistake?
well.. of course. according to him homosexuallity is totally enviromental

So whats a good WW run you would recommend?