Shelf / Shelves / Recent Purchases Thread

Post your shelves or something.

Other urls found in this thread:

edelweiss.abovethetreeline.com/CatalogOverview.aspx?catalogID=4202187
comicbookherald.com/judge-dredd-reading-order/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

2/2

What else should I buy? Im switching to library editions for Hellboy.

I also didnt picture my marvel stuff and indie shelf, mostly because they arent interesting.

>a bunch of trades

You realize you've just made a "look how much money I didn't need for other things" thread, right? It's not like this stuff is easy to track down. You probably got it all online or at Barnes &Noble.
You're just one of many nerds who will post in this thread trying to justify their stupid hobby and careless spending in an endless circlejerk.

I hate you and I hate your books

is hard to track down* WHOOPS

hey buddy, what the fucks your problem?

BPRD plague of frogs 1-4, BPRD 1946-1948, Hellboy weird tales

I have the first Goon Library signed by Powell. He came to a local con in 2016.

>could have just hidden the thread
>instead spergs out
was it autism?

What the absolute fuck is wrong with YOU? We have this thread every two weeks or even less, chill the fuck out, you autist.

Just wondering what's your hobby user. You are on a comics and cartoons board so I just wonder why you would hate it so much that someone collects comics on Sup Forums maybe you could find a board better suited for you

>being poor

Since your going to get Hellboy LE's and you seem to be a Batman fan you might like the Hellboy/batman/starman crossover tpb, the book is split in to two story's one with the first characters mentioned and the other just with Hellboy and ghost

Good thing there's only like two books on my pull list tomorrow, so I'll have time to read some trades.

i just wanted to post and look at other people's collections for recommendations... ._.

it's also slightly easier to afford comics while being a closetfag wallowing in their parents' house.

Why can't you put them all on one shelf?

What else do I buy?

Ignore him, user. I liked seeing your shelf. He's just jealous and angry. I say this as a guy with no collection myself.

Have them in order of publisher. And I just got that giant bookshelf so I don't really know how to organize it

Already own them in paperback but the prices on the hardcovers at Amazon are fucking ridiculous at the moment, #6 dipped below 20 canuckbucks when I ordered.

There's some kind of public book-swap kiosk thing around the corner from where I live, probably going to donate the paperbacks into that thing.

What else would I spend my money on? Tell me so I can spend mt money on it.

That reminds me, I need to upgrade to Saga books 6 and 7 and get the Legends collection as well.

Reminder new Lobster Johnson comes out tomorrow and a new Hellboy and the BPRD the week after

...Please don't yell at me or my collection trade hating user...

Why are you so mad, buddy? Did Steven Universe get cancelled?

You don't have other books to fill the space?

Also Low is good for the art but it's just another Remender story which is disappointing
Check out Monstress too

this is literally the perfect time to be getting 6, it's cheaper in hardcover than it is in paperback atm. keep an eye on 7 because the hardcovers of all the Saga books get insane pricedrops at various points, I have four of them now and I've paid equal or less than the paperbacks for all of them

DC Spring 2018 Catalog is up, bois

edelweiss.abovethetreeline.com/CatalogOverview.aspx?catalogID=4202187

Nah I don't. That's my collection there. I am looking into Monstress The art looks amazing!

I have autism and wish I could afford as many comics as you guys, and also that I had the confidence to be unashamed of my hobby and display comics in my room.

and here i was about to go to bed

I only have Vol 1 but the art is the best part, the story is kinda lame in the middle but I'll pick up Vol 2 anyway

Dark Knight Strikes Again in Black and White is a fucking crime

truly it is considering it looks like it was made out of magazine clippings

>Sheriff of Babylon: The Deluxe Edition
THANK YOU JESUS

season 2 when tho?

After Mister Miracle probably, sadly. That is true suffering indeed.

Did some rearranging, recently got Project Superior and Pulphope, goddam I love his art. Currently reading Bacchus Vol 1. What are y'all reading, tonight?

What said, any Mignolaverse title is a good option. Since you have Preacher, you need to check out Hitman.
I see you've planned ahead to accommodate, fill it up!
Is Persepolis a recent addition for you?
Hell yes, definitely liked that over Vision and Omega Men.

Went to a con at the weekend. Shockingly weeb, barely any western comics at the thing.

At least Travelling Man brought some along (even if their stall was at least 75% manga). Better than Forbidden Planet who had literally nothing but Funko Pops on theirs.

Hopefully Thought Bubble next month will be better.

Friendly reminder to not get too excited because DC cancels a lot of stuff before it comes out.

And some vaguely up to date shelf shots.

Did you become less of a chode twos hours later?

Theres no fixing tism like that.

Is Gillen's Journey Into Mystery run any good. I was thinking about picking up that omni.

I only have a small collection.

I like the shape of your shelf.

Ordered Death and Overture the other day ans I found Requiem randomly in a bookstore that sells older books and comics. 1/2

Its a good start.

And*
Started collecting last year around June.

2/2

p1

p2

Working on Dredd Complete Case Files now. Up to volume 4. What other books do I need to have a complete Dredd Collection? I know Cursed Earth Uncensored, which I have, but what else?

nausicaa nice
p3

thats dumb
i have made most of my purchases cause of Sup Forums story time
i got back in to punisher because of Sup Forums also discovered agents of hate

>That Promethea
Excellent taste
What's the deal with that Marvel collection? I'd bet that half are mediocre or baby's first stories and mostly a gimmick for a nice spine image.

Whatever you have to tell yourself to make up for being a mediocre writer.Nobody hates your work because of your twat.

actually it has a lot classic stuff
along with the titles in the pic also included
secret wars part 1 and 2
spiderman blue
planet hulk part 1 and 2
wolverine by claremont
the mighty thor in search for gods

Thats kind of cool.

some unread treasures too
like road to damnation and crooked world

All but three issues of Young Liars. I had to get the DC War Artist's Edition because of John Severin. That Bad Company collection is thicc.

I'm considering buying a dozen copies of the first trade of Witch Doctor to ha ndout to my book club around October.
Amazon's got @ good amount for about $8 or less Used (good condition) including shipping.

Any you guys know another good place online off the top of your head I should look at to get them?

I really liked that Jeff Parker Flash series. Good art and a fun, different take. I still need the last three issues and the annual and Christmas special.

Imagine having shelves with so much empty space.

Are these the Dark Horse limited edition HCs? I'm reading the Fantagraphics box set and really liking it. I didn't realize I would enjoy a comic about an anthropomorphic rabbit samurai so much, sort of reminds me of Groo the Wanderer.

Nice.

I didn't like it, or anything else Gillen writes. Too precious and coy.

Aren't the Complete Case Files reprinting everything?

>want to get new shelves
>but backlog of books I want keeps growing faster than I can chip away at it

>Aren't the Complete Case Files reprinting everything?
Wikipedia said they were reprinting the stuff from 2000AD and Judge Dredd Magazine, which I thought meant that miniseries like the crossovers and any graphic novels would need to be bought separately.

When I say I want a complete Dredd collection, I want a complete Dredd collection. I'm trying to decide which figures I want to start with right now. The three from the Dredd movie look pretty good, but I think I want to start with 3A's 1/6.

Is The Abominable Mr. Seabrook book any good? I've had my eye on it for a while but I dunno

Batman / Judge Dredd: Judgement on Gotham is pretty good and can probably be had for cheap.

The issue isn't so much that they're hard to find, it's that I'm not sure what ones exist. This is the most complete 'read order' I found comicbookherald.com/judge-dredd-reading-order/ but it doesn't list Mars Attacks Judge Dredd, which makes me nervous that it might be missing other things too.

Also, I'm thinking of switching over to the UK versions since I like the covers better and it means I can get the new ones right away as they come out. Are there any differences aside from that?

i would say 10 percent is bad but that is my personal opinion, i didn't like secret wars or kevin smiths dare devil.

>Are there any differences aside from that?
Hardcover.

I'm at a loss of what to get next

More Dredd and 2000AD in general.

Another new arrival.

Good pick up with Young Liars. It was a mindfuck but a pretty good one.

I'm down for anything Lapham is involved with, though some of his writer-only projects seem like blatant cash-grabs that anyone could have done (mostly the licensed stuff like Kull andThe Strain).

Prostitutes and beer

How is this? I'm curious about it.

No clue, I only bought it because of the hype surrounding it, lol. Flipping through it though, the art looks amazing. Shame it's printed on a low-grade newsprint-type stock and not glossy paper.

Anyone have any recs for comics that are similar quality and scope as Rachel Rising? I really enjoyed that book

>no template

you should actually complete some of those series, there isn't a single completed one except for actual stand-alone omnis

>Hawkworld Book One already canceled

Kamandi Omnibus re-solicited for March, nice.
it costs me €20 than the previous one that should have been released in July and that was cancelled though.

Is Fatale worth picking up?

How are those comendium editions from image? Do you have any problems with them?

I wanted to buy some (namely invincible and spawn) but I heard they tend to lose pages and get lots of misprints/blank pages.

Anyone here buy anything from Planet Replicas? How's their quality? Durable? Paint job any good?

sauce?
still up on amazon

Use backlinks, I linked to the edelweiss catalog post.
It says Hawkworld Book One: The Byth Saga is already cancelled

at this point they're actually shitting on ostrander

>That Bad Company collection is thicc.
The majority of the 2000AD trades I have (Dredd Case Files, Nemesis the Warlock, Robo-Hunter, Rogue Trooper) are like that. I love them for being so affordable (unless they're out of print, like Nemesis was when I got it).

I just bought v. 6 on Amazon, thanks for the tip. Never read any Usagi, am I going to be terribly lost starting at v. 6?

This finally decided to show the fuck up the other day, proving once again that the postal services around here must be employing an army of snails to do their job.

Nice.
How many pages/issues collected?

it's 304 pages and nine issues or so, though two of them are some kind of special issues

that marriage issue was in that huge almost-newspaper-size format

I haven't had time to read it yet but I think I've seen pictures of it being in there so that might be part of it

And this is why I'm boycotting DC.

That weird blue skiined football guy vertigo comic was just alright. Reading Stray Bullets is super fucking depressing. I would never have thought guy who drew the old Valiant comics had all this crap rolling around in his head though.

Some of the recurring characters won't have any context to them but the storylines are generally standalone