Superman and Wonder woman

I love the parallels in Man Of Steel and Wonder Woman. Both villains, Zod and Ares, showing them horrible things that they will never do

superman killed his enemy man wonder woman made her enemy disappear

>Jonathan
Don't save people you dumb child
>Hippolyta
Don't save men you dumb child

Weird how one turned out to be critically successful while the other sank in bad press, oh yeah Wonder Woman didn't have a complete hack for director and was actually likeable.

You mean Wonder Woman pandered to feminists. There was nothing competent about the direction. The action scenes were a mess.

The fuck happened with BvS's action scenes anyways? MoS had god tier action if little else but then BvS didn't even try.

Hell if I know.

That feel when Wonder Woman wouldn't join Ares' genocidal plans despite apparently abandoning mankind a moment ago because she still couldn't stomach the idea of betraying her hope for others that everybody else, even the PTSD Irish, got to love her for.

Haven't watched MoS though. It good?

It's watchable, but no, not really.

The story structure is kind of a mess. Flashbacks and forwards, dream sequences and other crap. You can follow it, but it's not a good enough narrative to be worth the effort. Skip to all the action bits , or just watch them on YouTube instead. That stuff is well worth the watch

t. snyderlet

nobody cares about Ww user

Man of Steel - Zod Shows Superman a massisve pit of skulls to try to convince him.

Wonder Woman - Ares shows Wonder Woman a paradise to try to convince her.

hmm I wonder which is a better idea.

Except Hippolyta gave in and allowed her child to train and go save the world.

>Wonder Woman pandered to feminists
It really didn't pander to feminists enough. Not enough man hanting and WW worked together with the men instead of doing everything by herself.

>That feel when Wonder Woman wouldn't join Ares' genocidal plans
That feel when Ares tries to convince Wonder Woman to join his genocidal plans by presenting her with a defenceless Doctor Poison and revealing her "ugly" scars... and her response is not to immediately tell him to go fuck himself, but to drop a tank on Poison (until she remembers that Steve said something nice a few minutes earlier).

>discussing the DCEU movies means you are Snydelet
I don't get it. Patty Jenkins directed Wonder Woman.

Both of them also give up on humanity.

Thanks Snyder you fucking hack.

>Except Hippolyta gave in and allowed her child to train and go save the world.

The Amazon's are a warrior society that knew they had to train in order to be ready for Ares' eventual return, and Hippolyta knew personally that Diana was going to be destined to fight Ares, she was simply in denial about it.

none of these are good but if you liked WW you've got shit taste so you'll probably like it

Snyderfags act like WW is all part of Snyder's bigger plans, they talk about how it continues the "myth arc" whatever that is and some go as far as speculating he either wrote most of the script or directed the best scenes

So yeah, drawing parallels with MoS makes people think of that

>Snyderfags act like WW is all part of Snyder's bigger plans

It's not like he came up with the basic idea for WW, fought for Diana to have her solo movie before JL, and even heavily foreshadowed the story of WW in BvS or anythin- OH WAIT!

And that means he ghost wrote and directed all the better parts? Jenkins and the actual writers were just an accessory? How come the movie dismisses BvS' explanation that she gave up humanity ages ago, is that part of Snyder's plan, to backtrack on his own material?

>How come the movie dismisses BvS' explanation that she gave up humanity ages ago

She gave up fighting for Man's wars for them. There's a difference.

It was meh, better than GotG2 according to critics, audiences and everyone with taste though

>A hundred years ago I walked away from mankind; from a century of horrors

No mention of wars. Heck, the sequel is rumored to be set during the cold war

Come on dude, the idiots working on BvS had a different idea on how to handle her. Didn't a costume designer say he likes to think her armour's red comes from the blood of the enemies she spilled in thousands of battles?

>century of horrors
>no mention of wars
Are you for real?

Cold War is in a different century? But i admit that's just speculation

Found Wilkinson's quote btw
>We did a slight tweaking of the color too, we've enriched the red a little bit. We always talk about centuries of congealed blood from her victims on the dress, so we really went for that really rich blood red on the dress.

So what you're saying is if you scratched out Snyder's name and replaced it with someone other directors, they would love the movie for all it's faults? Good to know.

And before someone gets it wrong, i'm not saying the cold war was a literal war

>Heck, the sequel is rumored to be set during the cold war

That doesn't mean she's going to go and defeat communism for the West. It means she's going to do shit where USSR plays a part.

Century of horrors infers about our non-stop wars that were fought. WW2, Korea, cold war Proxy-wars, genocides like Rwanda's civil war, etc. She sees no point in attempting to stop one war entirely (like in WW1 where that was her entire goal) when another one is just taking its place. That doesn't mean she
won't participate in helping people. In BvS she has no interest in getting in the middle of Batman and Superman feuding until she sees Doomsday threatening the entire world.

What was up with the whole ending sequence? The movie was pretty well done up until he finally kills the russian guy.

>diana loses hope because somehow she didn't think humans would ever go to war with each other
>when even Gods have done it
>loses her hearing, but remembers what steve said anyway
>plane's bombs are on a timer for some reason
>is its target even mentioned?
>steve didn't even try to keep himself from dying
>not even jumping out of the plane before it blows in the small chance that the super powered amazon would be able to save him
>diana angry at germans for killing the human she liked
>diana ever believing that humans are in the wrong when Aries is the one that killed all the gods

etc...

Do you have ADD or something?

Would you rather have this in a 10-page essay?

>even the PTSD Irish
He was Scottish you cunt!

Are you serious right now?
>diana loses hope because somehow she didn't think humans would ever go to war with each other
>when even Gods have done it
Diana believed that humans were peaceful by nature and Ares evil, ares attacked the other gods and Zeus just defend himself

>loses her hearing, but remembers what steve said anyway
That's what she believe he said

>steve didn't even try to keep himself from dying
>not even jumping out of the plane before it blows in the small chance that the super powered amazon would be able to save him
He got no grenades or parachute, also even if she caught him he would probably break his neck at the speed he was falling and the speed she would need to move

>diana angry at germans for killing the human she liked
That's the reaction people get when a loved one dies.

>diana ever believing that humans are in the wrong when Aries is the one that killed all the gods
Humans were destroying the planet and in eternal war, even if Ares was wrong he got a point that they ruined the world.

What are you talking about? The intro was brilliant, the car chase was fantastic, the fight between batman and superman was more fine, it's just the final fight that fails because it's too frenetic.

He sounded Irish to me too, and bring Irish makes him infinitely more interesting given the year.

Did you like, stop watching the movies the moment the characters were sad? You know their faith in people is restored, right?

I cant believe you retards actually equate a single moment of him wanting to protect his kid to him not wanting clark to save people. Of course he wants him to save people, but he also wants him to make sure he is doing the most possible good and isnt abducted by the government.

Read Secret Identity by Busiek, its a Superman story that covers this aspect pretty well and will make you all seem less casual.
Also, if anything, Pa Kent did teach him to save people constantly. First time we see it, as an audience, is him teaching by example when he puts his life in danger to save a creature that is "lesser" than him (the dog) but that he loves anyway, and continues to let himself be in danger to protect his son's secret. The second indication we get of this is Clark flashinback to the horse story which illustrates that even if your attempts to do good sometimes have unintended consequences, you should keep trying to do good anyway.

you guys are retarded, every batman fight scene was top tier and even the cgi mess of Superman and Doomsday had some really wonderful moments.

did you even watch the movies

Man of Steel is pretty good, idk what people like
are talking about, the narrative is really fine, its like they've never seen a non-linear movie before.

did you?
Superman had his faith restored because of lois.
Wondy had her faith restored because steve.

show me the evidence that she didnt largely walk away from man's world? There is nothing in the WW movie that says otherwise. Are you going to imply that line about her fighting from the shadows somehow means she wasnt largely absent from the world?

Why do you brainlets always think you are so clever?

Context man. Context.

Jonathan told Clark not to save a bunch of innocent kids. Hippoltya told Diana to let the world of men fix their dumb shit.

she didnt have her faith restored till BvS, see

>Jonathan told Clark not to save a bunch of innocent kids

No he didnt, he had a moment where he was worried for his son. Never does he say he shouldnt have said them.

inb4 "maybe" = wanting to let them die, dont be a retard.

But she had her faith restored. That was the point.
Characters aren't allowed to have their views challenged or something? They aren't allowed to waver? What matters is that their beliefs are reaffirmed. And they are, for both Superman and Wonder Woman.

I agree with you, im just saying it took till BvS until WW had her faith restored. And her faith is restroed the same time as Batman's too.

One thing WW did that MoS and BvS really didn't do was that they made WW an inspiring force for good and actually gave the audience that impression. People don't think of DCEU Supes like that because Snyder NEVER showed the audience why Superman was such a force for good. We get various scenes of Superman helping out humanity but we never get to see them in full, just clips of him saving people but they all lacked that emotional gravitas that WW had. The scene with WW entering No Man's Land, letting the British troops push forward and then saving that village after everyone told her how unrealistic that was gave me chills. I hadn't felt that way from a superhero movie in a long time. MoS and BvS had NOTHING like that and in fact, you could make the argument that Superman coming to Earth arguably hurt the world more than helped it, which is a major no-no.

So glad I'm not the only one who thinks that. I will always like MoS, if only because the action sequences were pretty damn good but the only good action scene in BvS was the warehouse scene and it wasn't THAT good either.

>And her faith is restroed the same time as Batman's too.
Yeah, by Superman. It wasn't like a coincidence or anything lol.

>Snyder NEVER showed the audience why Superman was such a force for good
He did that plenty, but people don't think so because they just took the dark tone and the sad moments at face value.

> Snyder NEVER showed the audience why Superman was such a force for good.
>We get various scenes of Superman helping out humanity

do you even think before you type? So helping humanity isnt good? Also pic related.

>He did that plenty, but people don't think so because they just took the dark tone and the sad moments at face value.
No, he really didn't or do you want to explain how the majority of people were never really awe-inspired by Superman's heroism? His Superman never really seemed like he genuinely wanted to help people like Diana did in WW. It felt more like he felt like it was a burden to him.

Of course I think before I type. It's a shame that Snyder had Superman do all that shit but Superman still never really filled me up with hope.

> you could make the argument that Superman coming to Earth arguably hurt the world more than helped it

literally not anymore than in the comics you fucking tard, if anything this Superman has had a huge net positive effect since without him both WW and Batman would basically be shadow dwelling, reluctant heroes.

> Superman still never really filled me up with hope.

thats your problem dude, he filled me with lots of hope because unlike you I actually payed attention to the good he did. Hell, MoS
starts with him saving people from a burning oil rig.

>do you want to explain how the majority of people were never really awe-inspired by Superman's heroism?

what? like everyone in the movie that came in contact with Superman was awe-inspired by his heroism. Did you miss the funeral? Did you miss that half the world praised him like a god? Did you miss that Batman and WW are literally so awe-inspired that they become heroes again?

I guess you ARE retarded.
>It felt more like he felt like it was a burden to him.

No it didnt, sorry your opinion got so heavily influenced by silly memes.

>We get various scenes of Superman helping out humanity but we never get to see them in full, just clips of him saving people

you mean like in the comics?

>Superman accidentally signals Zod's ship
>leads to a major American city being half destroyed and the world almost being terraformed

Superman threw a nuke into space which freed Zod and his friends in Superman 2, and yet no one ever blamed him for that.

Ah, so you ARE a casual. You know in the comics Superman is also the reason Zod comes to earth right? Right? You arent THIS casual?

And honestly, Superman is ALWAYS the only reason for Zod to come to Earth, in the comics as well.

you got BTFO pretty hard, and then you pussied out and left. Sad.

I didn't get BTFO in the fucking least. DCEU defenders are just fucking insane.

>if I cant argue against it, its insanity!

thats just sad dude. Whats even worse is that you are STILL here in this thread despite having nothing to say.

>its insane to know that Zod always comes to earth because of Clark
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

You are a fucking retard.

You people sure love to compensate. I guess it's what you need to do when you know that most people agree with me.

>most people agree with me

Rotten Tomatoes disagrees, all DCEU movies have over 60% audience approval there.

>audience approval
user, most audiences are fucking stupid. Even then, 63% is nothing to be impressed by.

>Most people agree with me
>user, most audiences are fucking stupid
Make up your mind

>most people who aren't fucking stupid agree with me
There, was that so fucking hard? Jesus, DCEU defenders are fucking stupid.

>Most people agree with me
>Wait no most people are stupid, only SMART people agree with me
It can't be you that's stupid, huh?

>It can't be you that's stupid, huh?
Considering I didn't like BvS? Nope, has to be you, bud.

People just put "like" to any movie that they think was barely passable, that doesn't mean they thought it was great. Talk with people on the streets, pretty much no one is going to say you they loved BvS, at most they'll say it was okay.

A reject from marvel,
get shit dcuck.

I know their faith was retconned if that will ever make some fucking sense