How has Priest managed to get away with saying the things he has in the current comic book client...

How has Priest managed to get away with saying the things he has in the current comic book client? With pic related and him specifically working on comics again so he can write "white" characters you would think people would make him out to be a demon.

I think he said that back in like 1999-2002 though?

Did he really say that? Seems a bit hypocritical for one.

It's almost like the SJW boogieman you spend so much time worrying about is a complete strawman or something

>complete strawman
Okay Sup Forumsmblr

>Strawman
Yeah, it's not like there were a ton of people crying about stupid shit like Spiderwomans pose on twitter or anything.

He's black, he can say what he wants

Ross was balanced with Hunter, a cool as fuck white Wakandan patriot who might not have liked T'Challa and worked against him, but was loyal to the nation as a whole.

>white Wakandan
Now how does that work?

Adopted from a plane crash.

Plane crash=anti-white

Priest is the only good living black comic writer and his opinion on Dick is 100% true

Adopted by T'Chaka before he had T'Challa. He was orphaned in a plane crash. T'Chaka made him head of the Hetut Zeraze, the Wakandan secret police. T'Challa disbanded it after finding out their 'interrogation methods' were torture.

I liked that it added a moral grayness to T'Chaka's reign, and T'Challa refused to believe his father knew what Hunter was doing in the name of Wakanda. It made the Wakandan royal family a lot more complicated than just 'benevolent dictators'.

What's the point of trying to develop a character if you never actually want to make him to solve his personal issues?

Damn, Priest looks like a rock star.

Who do you think shot down the plane?

>Only white guy in Wakanda is a cop, who believes in Police Brutality.

It's his bloodline technique.

Who (((else)))?

He's largely depicted as a morally grey pragmatist who thinks torture gets results.

he said it on his blog where no one was looking years ago when he didn't work for the big two before all the hullabaloo over diversity started

The only thing I remember is this black woman on twitter getting him confused with British novelist Cristopher Priest and her ranting about white privilige and some dumb beef she had with that writer.

People corrected her and she deleted her tweets.

That said, Priest isn't in the SJW radar due to him not writing a character that they care a lot and him not making himself easily accessible to them or participating in pissing matches on twitter.

Too bad no one else will ever touch that character again, a white Wakandan? adopted by T'challa's dad? Das racist!

Priest is semi red pilled.

Coates could use it as a variety of Strawman, don't speak too soon.

and now he directly responds to Sup Forums which is hilarious

he might even be in this very thread

Which Dick?

Your mother's feminine penis.

Has he ever talked shit about Marvel's current shit?

from his blog

I need to catch up on Deathstroke

What a guy.

I hear his Black Panther run is very good?

>Priest is a hack and Deathstroke is overrated
I hope this makes it on the trade.

it is

gets kind of weird towards the end though

Will read after I finish what I'm on right now.

I know nobody gives a fuck and that's alright but I've been reading "How to win friends and influence people" and it's great. It's not manipulative as the title may suggest, it's actually very sincere.

I can't think of a character SJWs like less than deathstroke.

MAYBE superman.

probably the Punisher

>I know nobody gives a fuck and that's alright but I've been reading "How to win friends and influence people" and it's great. It's not manipulative as the title may suggest, it's actually very sincere.

that's cool, user
what I found interesting about the book was how many of those 'robber barons' actually cared about people and tried to help them
all you hear nowadays are how rich people are assholes who only care about getting rich

Honestly, this sums up one of the key problems with Hudlin's run.

We love vilifying rich people and I'm sure there's some that deserve it but the people in this book are building schools and hospitals.

Either way, I'm really appreciating that the book is actually trying to get you to be nice. Not just to gain things but that it is a great side-effect.

Spiderwoman's pose was legitimately retarded.

Later stuff showed the pose itself was mostly alright, it was just Manara really phoning it in quality-wise. One of his lesser efforts.

Get the fuck out of here with that.

He looks like the dude from Chasing Amy.

It sucks that a lot of the artists and writers cry when you criticize them.

The feeling you get when people have to make vapid comments to be contrary because the general consensus is "it's good?" Wonderful.

Before some dumbass misunderstands, I'm talking about hacks who bitch on Twitter. Priest is revelling in the negativity, which is great.

Being a long time well respected creator and black helps.

Also it's not like Ross was some piece of shit. He's a comedic foil to the other characters but it's not meanspirited and you're not meant to think"fuck you white boi".

>not knowing about David F. Walker

Everything he's written since at least Quantum & Woody is great. Maybe before hand, I haven't read his Ray series yet.

When you write that well, you can do whatever the fuck you want

How can one man be so based?

He's a really good writer and is legitimately not on anyone's side.

Ray started off great, then kinda meandered when he took 30+ issues to get to resolving an arc and it got canceled so he had to hurry it up.

My favorite writer right now, hope he gets to write a bigger DC book soon

Priest looks like that uncle that tries to give you life advice and calls you youngblood while doing it.

They liked New 52 Superman and bitched when he got offed and replaced.

Maybe them not liking Deathstroke is what makes them keep away from Priest's stuff, I mean he hasn't written any new comic with a character that's popular with them I guess.

priest is right

just look at black twitter, when black media comes out it's praised by black critics/fans but when white people want to enjoy it too it quickly becomes a dogpile of "IT'S NOT MADE FOR YOU" (look at the hype for the black panther movie, you're already starting to see it on social media)

a true artist doesn't give a fuck who enjoys their work, and if anything wants as many people to see it as possible.

this is why when some rappers talk about how they don't care if billy in the suburbs listens to their music because it helps legitimize them, they get called a sellout/uncle tom. like motherfucker, it's about making it, do you want to sell 10 albums or 10 thousand? white people buy shit too

He's written nothing great.

1. He's an old writer and he's not writing high-profile moviefag books, so SJWs and Sup Forums casuals don't care about him.

2. He doesn't really do the social media thing where most of this controversy happens (I can't possibly put enough quotations around the word controversy so I won't bother).

3. He's black AND older than most other black writers/critics so he can say whatever he wants about black people.

He's not against writing black people, he just saw the writing on the wall in that he was now going to be pigeonholed as "The Black Writer" that you make write all your black characters. He didn't want to spend the rest of his natural life writing Cyborg, John Stewart, Falcon, War Machine and Rocket Racer so he left comics.

Wow, it's almost like you can find people on Twitter complaining about literally anything and it doesn't mean they number in the millions. Guess SJWs are right and there's a massive sect of literal Nazi, literal KKK members hiding in plain sight because they saw some trolls on Twitter.

This is a great description user. Props to you.

>only good LIVING black comic writer

I miss McDuffie.

>came up in a neighborhood with like 30 of those dudes in North St. Louis.
>listened to none of them, thinking I knew better
>20 years later, I hate my life

really makes you think.

Or to sum it up like Jordan did, "White people buy comics too."

>shitty Iron Fist
>shitty Hawkeye
he can literately only write black people, and even then, his Luke Cage isn't as good as Jeff Parker's was