Why do people treat Harley sympathetically? Isn't she guilty of, at a bare minimum...

Why do people treat Harley sympathetically? Isn't she guilty of, at a bare minimum, aiding literally hundreds of murders?

the insanity plea

Because she's cute + hot. Are you seriously asking why?

Old Harley was a dumb cutie who was almost entirely suckered into it.
New Harley I have no idea. Inertia? Responsibility-hating modern women who self-insert? A DC that wants to replicate Deadpool's success?

Why do people treat the OP sympathetically? Isn't he guilty of, at a bare minimum, starting literally hundreds of horrible threads?

I thank God I introduced my little sister to Timm Harley before this anti-hero redemption bullshit started.
Harley Quinn gets off on ultraviolence. Fuck.

Ignorance.

A lot of people are unaware of the fact the Harley we know today isn't the Harley they grew up with.

she's a batman villain
same reason people think joker is the bestest villain everererererest

Why the moral outrage over background characters? You don't honestly give a shit that she's a killer, you're just pissed she's a popular character.

The Harley we grew up with tortured a kid to insanity.

clowns are wacky fun

Because no one cares about them because they're obscure. Harley isn't obscure, so people talk about her more.

B-but she's a woman, user! That means we're supposed to feel bad for her and blame all her actions on an abusive relationship with a man.

I'm specifically talking about OP's claim that Harley can't be sympathetic because
>Isn't she guilty of, at a bare minimum, aiding literally hundreds of murders
Those literal hundreds he's talking about are the background characters.

Joker at the very least doesn't pretend to be a good guy and isn't buddy-buddy with superheroes. He's also not a filthy whore who can't be mishandled or touched by the law because it would seem offensive to SJW. He also doesn't make me want to vomit, unlike Harley.

>Joker at the very least doesn't pretend to be a good guy and isn't buddy-buddy with superheroes
There's this thing called nuance.

Has Joker ever killed anyone of importance? Jason came back, so he doesn't count.

Something you clearly fail to grasp

He shot and paralyzed barbara gordon.

>Waller just standing there as Harley kills her men
Yeah, fuck that bullshit. I blame Ayer.

I'm not the one who is desperately trying to equate Harley with The Joker.

They're not her men.

>It's ok to kill as long as they don't have names.
Gwenpool, please.

Equate? She's worse than him.

Harley doesn't really do the fucked up shit like Joker does so there's no strong emotional reaction to her crimes.

That's objectively a crock of shit.

Go on. Justify this shit for me.

This has never been canon.
No other writer since this one shot was published has ever mentioned it.
The only people who keep bringing up are the anti-harleyfags on Sup Forums

What the fuck? She killed that woman before everyones eyes.
Why does no one react?

Yeah, buddy. The "it wasn't canon" excuse. Good one.

Because of the tone of the book you fucking idiot. Think American Dad! The violence is cartoony, the idea is that the violence is so over the top and so outrageous that the audience understand not to take it seriously.

So writing is a craft, someone did put thought behind these pages so put some energy in actually thinking about these scenes.this is not a comedic page but it's so ridiculous it might as well be, if I'm supposed to be morally outraged over these kid's death then it the writing has failed.
These pages
Are intentionally comedic, the reality here is not concrete and more malleable. These women aren't really hurt, they're part of a gag. Now is it actually funny? No but that doesn't mean we're supposed to take it seriously.

>anti-harleyfags
dude...seriously? she is a cosplayer with a mallet. every fucking cover in every fucking title is the same. but congrats, she is a former member of the justice league

didnt she blow up like a hundred kids

You aren't wrong. But that argument goes for more commonly reposted shit than most people would prefer.

>she is a cosplayer with a mallet
And Batman is a furry living in his parent's basement but the point is that Harley is still a character people find easy to like and anyone who tries to act outrage over that because she's an "unsympathetic monster whose worse than the joker" is not very smart.

Same way Batman is a metahuman.

No.

Better question, when the fuck will they remove her from Suicide Squad? Iron Man was gone in less than a year from Guardians of the Galaxy. Harley's been here for six.

What's with this recent(ish) trend of making waller completely moralless.
She was never completely on the level but I never remember her doing things as bad in the old days like she does now.