Connie Maheswaran

Haha, time for Conn-Conn!

Other urls found in this thread:

orig14.deviantart.net/2e3a/f/2016/156/c/6/srwsu1_by_combatkaiser-da52h02.gif
youtube.com/watch?v=fl84PFuDMCU
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what's the cause of all these Connie threads? is she getting a new episode?

yes... kinda (she's in one of them but not necessarily a focus episode).

also

orig14.deviantart.net/2e3a/f/2016/156/c/6/srwsu1_by_combatkaiser-da52h02.gif

No thank you. I preferred when she was a bookish nerd, not girl-power sword fighter.

i like the
>sword fighter
part, and that is executed well in the show, but the girl-power thing is just from fanarts and indeed quite cringe worthy

>sword fighter
>executed well

She """mastered"" sword fighting literally off-screen in months when it took Pearl centuries to perfect, how is THAT considered executed well? She's just a girl-power poster child mary-sue who is there to preach morals when Steven isn't around and make him look like a childish retard when she's with him.

>months

most anime characters master super secret techniques in a week (or at least enables them to somehow be on par with the technique creator that spent decades perfecting that).

are you sure you're not confusing her with "ass pull powers" peridot?

Yeah, what the fuck is up with that shit? Is this something all Peridots have, but only our Peridot has realized she can do?

Peridot is just as bad, if not worse. The reason I am claiming Connie is a terrible character is because her mastery was done off-screen, and doing any sort of progress off-screen instead of showing a character struggle to get to it is horrible.

Also, did they give Peridot new powers other than her asspull levitation thing? It makes zero sense to give her that ability.

I'd watch Connie doing a let's play.

Who's Connie's favorite LPer? Pat or Woolie?

i agree with what the other user said, but the reason why i said it is executed well, i wasn't talking about the development to become that thing, but how that character is written as one.

She desired to learn it, not to "prove" women can fight just like guys do, but because she wanted to protect her friend/love interest. She became so obsessed with the idea of being a knight, that she was willing to die for him. Her outfit during the training was perfectly well gender neutral, not a dress or skirt because "i am a girl and i have to show it", but also not butch-lesbian type with a shorter haircut.

That's what i like about her, the development thing, well, as the other user said, in anime that is common place, so i never minded(not to mention pearl is still stronger than her, so that complain doesn't work anyway)

to be fair, she's still training (not officially graduated yet or anything) but due to the erratic schedule and focus (you just don't know what will be the focus in a given episode) off-screen with implied weeks/months is the best we can get in this situation.

still better than one piece in that regard though.

we need another peridot to compare. if CG peridot is the only one that can do it, does that make her a geological freak (kinda similar to jasper who came out perfect when she should've come out defective)?

>Annoying self-insert mary-sue
Nah, just came here to most best gem.

I feel like she's Pokemon kinda gal. Gotta be TheKingNappy

Sorry, she's been replaced with a better model.

>KingNappy
>Not ShadyPenguin or Chuggaconroy

B A R A
A
R
A

>ShadyPenguin
He doesn't even Pokemon any more.

>tfw no beefy space rock wife
Why continue to draw breath

Stop making Connie threads. Wait a week at least.

man, after beating garnet the first time pretty much downhill for her after that.

only time she became cool again was she made pearl afraid.

Sucrose confirmed she's coming back in the future. So there's at least that to look foward to.

Yeah, let's have another Space Dandy Lars thread. He's better than Connie anyway.

>That sweet ink

Why can't more females have ink in children's cartoons?

are people who gave him a chance from the beginning wrong or vindicated now that he became harlock?

more of an experience from a anti-lars who kept complaining about his previous episodes then suddenly changing his mind when he became pink. that you're an idiot for believing in him from the beginning and you're only a true fan when he changed.

I feel like people who gave him a chance from the start have been cheated out of real character growth but at the same time, space dandy Lars isn't a bad way to go with his character.

Maybe once he gets back to Beach City if he chooses to return we'll get something like that.

Her going apeshit when Steven implied she was a follower of Yellow Diamond was pretty good.

I don't really know how they reintroduce her because of how she and Lapis interacted but Lapis forgave Peridot eventually I guess

>We get a flash back episode
>Lars lucked his way into everything
>Has just been rolling with the punches
>Once get back to Beach City all previous character flaws return and Lars becomes an even bigger prick

What this guy said. Lars never really went along with any of his slower, expected development, and kind of suddenly became a good person. He's cool now but he was a prick way too long and the hate was justified. The Sadie and Lars episodes were fucking terrible.

wait, so why are people complaining connie being a sword fighter after months of off-screen training while people are liking lars being a "space pirate" all of a sudden (weeks if not days) with only on the job experience to guide him and his crew?

I really want them to have an unhealty threesome relationship. I don't know why, I like them but I want them to suffer.

Like watching a train wreck or walking on fresh snow, there's something morbidly curious about watching something perfect get ruined.

Lars was legitimately worst townie, even with the bad writing this Lars is still better then old Lars. With Connie it just seems like Mary Sue bullshit.

See, that's the thing. When Lars did it, it was cool, when Connie did it, it wasn't.

Another Connie thread? Already?

At least this one isn't filled with footfags. Post more of cutie Connie in glasses plz.

I fucking hated Lars, anything to make him even remotely useful or likable is better than what we were getting.

For what it's worth I don't care about Connie learning how to fight quickly, Steven was a complete useless buffoon early on too and only really learned on the job. Connie at least trains with Pearl a lot and her chemistry with Steven is obvious.

I think the distinction people make is Connie trains with Pearl off-screen mostly other than the fusion episode where she and Steven both went bonkers, while Lars' shit was a massive plot point and huge transformation.

how much of the positive reaction he's getting so far would be lost/gained if he didn't became pink.

yes it would change the story (for one, how will steven get back home and how lars would survive without food and water) but him becoming pink feels a big part of the renewed opinion of him.

> tfw finished art last night for connie.
> triggered mods pruned it five posts after I posted it.
Now I have to wait like 8 hours before I can get home and repost it.

People also forget connie is still training with pearl. She's been training with her almost every day since sworn to the sword.

If ur x-man I gotchu.
Some one reposted it in the other thread.

Oh god this is cute as fuck.

well now I want some Jasper/Connie action. I love massive contrasts like bulky giant and scrawny kid

I can only imagine kronks voice for that jasper.

sagat vs ryu (so pearl is gouken?)

Connie is for fug not cute.

>Lars's shit was a plot point
He also got a LOT of episodes, in spite of the fact that it was very clear not many people liked him or cared. It feels like he got more episodes than Connie, even. And what's worse, until he got Pink'd none of his character development stuck.

imagine the whiplash if ronaldo suddenly becomes liked when he gets pinked.

speaking of, would it be bad or not if lars' pinkiness is "cured" at the end?

It would be very bad.

I think the complaints about Connie mastering the sword too quickly are vastly overstating how much skill she's actually displayed. She's done well in practice, and against the proto-clusters in the hospital, but it's not like she's defeated Pearl in single combat (she and Steven both lost as soon as Pearl decided to fight seriously). Connie's only really impressive display of sword skill was fighting off Jasper, and that was as Stevonnie, a fusion with a particularly complementary skillset. And even then, they didn't manage to poof and bubble her, only fight well enough that she decided to withdraw.

Bad imo. Though either way, getting pinked would be huge and trust me when I say we ARE getting a whole episode with Lars walking around BC just to have people accept him. Though we might get to see more of his mom so... yay?

funny how some people cite "she was too afraid to fight jasper" and "stevonnie making jasper retreat is BS!" use it as mary sue complaint (though the afraid one is more of "see how useless she is" but some reason she only lived because of MS) but it doesn't extend to smoky quartz actually beating jasper and peridot cheapshotting jasper (actual kill).

>that ship

If Connie was a new born gem with nothing different about her other than that she would not be hated. It's just how petty the Sup Forums fan base is.

On a different topic it would be cool if Connie got linked because stevonnie will probably have pink hair.

>linked
Pinked

>Pinked
Inked

>Inked
Squid!Connie when?

> Her mastery was done off-screen

Yeah it's not like we had an episode where she trained to be a sword fighter or anything

I will agree that Peridot's powers were a complete ass-pull and shouldn't have been done, they should have just given her back her limb enhancers

Annoying little Fem-Pajeet toilet witch

I'll only accept peridot having metal powers if it is shown that 1st generation peridots normally have metal powers if not than bullshit.
That our 2nd Gen peridot just so happened to develop them.

Ment for

She's so perfect right?

>tattoo sleeves

People needed something to replace the Raven treads that have been going on for a while now.

I don't think that's why this thread was made.

Will these threads be able to stay consistent or shall they slowly degrade into more degeneracy like that gorn pic from the last thread? Also best Connie ship btw.

When will mods ban this image from being posted?

I don't we should take a break after this thread.
Unless our draw fags are super willing to draw more OC

They already tried that and I can still post it

No one quite draws the Connie pearl design like X-man
He just nails it.

i love these threads

The actual gemstone, peridot, is magnetic. It's not levitation, it's magnetism.

>tattoos
DEGENERACY

From my understanding he's the one that made the design

As do I
Connie is the only reason I watch SU as of late

the only gem connie has actually tried to fight was topaz, and seeing what happened next she was probably holding back. specially considering that she captured her easily the first time

She didn't, she's just better trained than most people who don't martial arts.

When Pearl got serious, she beat them both in a second.

but the fact that connie is human makes her even better

I never said it was my preference. Just most of the Sup Forums fanbase

this.

Wtf, I love Connie now??

most of the Sup Forums fanbase has shit taste and wants things to be like their animes. Lars is the perfect example, he's the shittiest cunt but they love him now

Simple my friend, should have been Connie, but the last remains of Zuke reach their hedor one last time, it was a retarded decision.

Lars didn't change, he just got switched for a different character that doesn't connect, it was a robbery, just one of all the missteps and false leads and mediocre payoffs of this franchise

Given her taste in games, obviously DDRJake.

What about zuke now?

Pat. She would be all over them fnaf vids

Damn this is pretty cute

>Meanwhile, Steven remains an autistic child that continues to show zero character development.

>mary sue
When has she ever saved the day tough? Everytime she has fought she has failed on her own.
She fucked up in gem hunt. Barely held up the topaz fight. Would have died without fusion against jasper. Stevonnie is the only way she can do something useful.
I dont remember an episode where she saved the day other than TNCG and she didnt use her sword in that one.

For what is worth, fired, but to late to be honest.

Its established every gem has infinite amount to powers. You just have to emotionally focus to take it out.
Thats why steven inherited a billion powers from rose. You just have to open yourself to be powerful. Pearl had to train for her spear because she had 0 love for herself so the only way she could summon anything is with training.
Also peri still sucks with her metal powers.

She left her mark on peridot and Lapis huh?
Good I fucking hate those 2 anyway.

>Zuke was responsible for captain lars
Are you retarded? Zuke has no control in story decisions. Thats sugar. Storyboarders only have control in dialogue. Blame sugar for space lars if you hate it.
Look,zuke is a shithead but shes not the reason for all the problems of this show. Its like blaming the pedo from nuPPG for all thats wrong with that shitshow.

Kill yourself sapphirefag

youtube.com/watch?v=fl84PFuDMCU

>Pink Ronaldo

Rebecca's scripts are pretty vague. The story boarders have a lot of control on how the story plays out as long as specific things happen

no. fuck off. this is a connie thread. go back to the trash

>Whoa man Ronaldos always been like my favourite character

This post more cute connies

Nigga have you seen the scripts published on internet and from the art book? Storyboard artists are responsible for drawing and dialogue,not story decisions. The scripts are vague on dialogue but strict on what happens.