I want Sup Forumss "sic" honest opinion

I want Sup Forumss "sic" honest opinion
is this really bad?
i was talking to the idiot who runs my local and he said it would still be going to this day if the writer Chelsea Cain hadn't quite because of online "harassment"
didn't seem right to me if the book was really good you would thing they would just get a new writer
its really buggin me

Other urls found in this thread:

accordingtohoyt.com/2016/11/19/rolling-in-the-deep/
cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0669/7933/products/sports-bras-doyoueven-mesh-edge-dye-0669_grande.png?v=1456817351
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Seems like it was going to be cancelled anyway because of the low numbers.
Besides, the real bad stuff was like in 3 different issues and the rest was forgettable. But oh boy, the bad issues were really bad.
It's definitely not America though.

To be honest it was only like two issues that had huge problems.
But holy shit those two issues were terrible.

The book was canceled due to low sales.

The harassment happened when the solicitation of issue 8 was published, literally the last issue.

Now, if it is bad?

It is yet another "quirky female book" like 80 others at Marvel. I will say that this one had more bonemeal, but issues 1, 3 and 8 tried so hard to make Bobby an empowered woman that backfired and instead made her shallow, dumb and even a little evil.

do these "progressive" writers have any talent or do they just lack self awareness
the the book was going well why all of a sudden really push your ideology specially when you know it wont help your book?
or maybe thats the reason she push the feminist shit

Progressive writers are zealots. They push their agenda over the story every single time.

>do these "progressive" writers have any talent or do they just lack self awareness

Chelsea Cain is kind of a hack thriller writer who randomly got assigned to write Mockingbird. Most prose writers who are assigned cape comics stick to what they know, and I imagine that her thrillers read about the same as her comics: i.e. nonlinear quipfests with quirky protagonists and bullshit identity politics.

>They push their agenda over the story every single time.

What about China Mieville?

its amazing she gets any work if this is how she reacts when things dont go her way
how old is she i suspect like 19 or something because i cant image a grown ass adult acting like she did

It was honestly very bad t. leftist grill.

It started out okay, I liked the art, there were some interesting narrative tricks they tried imo, it could have been good. But then it was written to hell. The writer tried too hard to write an awrsome, inspiring, strong female protagonist who's always more capable and smarter than the men, and the MC became an absolutely unlikable psycho bitch. The teen hostage rainbow bubble negotiation arc is when I realised that I'm loathing the MC as I read, and it just got worse. Mockinbird also got written from someone who was raped but worked to get over it and killed her rapist into someone who cheated on her husband and covered that up by murdering her lover and lying that she was raped

Get these "woke" white girls off comics.

>killed her rapist into someone who cheated on her husband and covered that up by murdering her lover and lying that she was raped
so let me get this straight, mockingbird, a hero of the story killed her lover to hid her cheating from her husband but originally she was raped.
well i dont see a single reason why this should have been canceled!

>its amazing she gets any work if this is how she reacts when things dont go her way

She's a prose writer who probably has an audience of 30-something women, and she's dipping her toes in mainstream comics. She's never had an audience or a reaction like this before and she panicked.

This shits still on the shelves at my LCs and it makes my patriarchal rape penis titanicly hard

But seriously no one likes being preached to.

The book was canceled way before this issue came out. As a matter of fact, this was the last issue.

This was presented in a very "girl power" way. "I'm too strong to be a raped! I cheated on my husband with a homicidal retard because I do what I want!". Even feminists disliked it because of the implication that rape is a problem only for "weak women".

My favorite part was the writer's reasoning.

>Well, I want to create a strong female protagonist, and strong females can't get raped!

Sort of subtly implying that rape is the victim's fault for being weak.

Not that user, but yeah. It's legit bad writing that only serves to make the character look evil and the writer incompetant.

what did he do, i read dail for H it wasn't bad
i think politics and ideology can work if handled well

Why is it that sjw stuff always manages to end up more offensive through its efforts?

thats psychotic, straight up nuts
mockingbird still killed and lied to cover up her mistakes. and no one took issue at marvel over this

I swear to God if comic book nerds didn't give a shit about """"""canon"" this could be the first comic about a superheroine who is too self-centered to be in a relationship. That's interesting.

But I guess sales were low regardless of that. Too fucking bad.

Anyway, issue #3 was the best.

>the the book was going well why all of a sudden really push your ideology specially when you know it wont help your book?
>or maybe thats the reason she push the feminist shit

It's a phenomenon in the publishing industry called 'roll hard left and die'. No one wants to admit that their comic/magazine/publishing house failed because it was poorly received. So when something is dying due to poor sales leftist creators will start pushing extreme leftwing opinions into it. When fans inevitably complain about the addition of leftwing politics they can use this as a justification of why their project failed. When looking for a new job this type of failure isn't a black mark on their resume because most publishers are also leftwing.

accordingtohoyt.com/2016/11/19/rolling-in-the-deep/

>killed her rapist into someone who cheated on her husband and covered that up by murdering her lover
This bit still amazes me, like surely one of the most feminist things you could get is a strong female rape survivor. If that happened today we'd be spammed with threads for whole year.

But instead she is now a truly awful person, it could be a villains backstory yet somehow this bint didn't see it. Ideologies really do make people blind/

if this wasn't in a comic about a strong woman hero i would say this is really good writing fo a villain

>Mockinbird also got written from someone who was raped but worked to get over it and killed her rapist into someone who cheated on her husband and covered that up by murdering her lover and lying that she was raped
Sounds like a portrait of the modern woman, if you ask me.

Well, this is how they treat men who get raped.

If someone was autistic enough to look I wouldn't be surprised if there was one.

>I swear to God if comic book nerds didn't give a shit about """"""canon""...
>Translate: If only they didn't care about the story!

Yeah, it was astonishing how the writer just refused to see anything wrong with her writing, or understand why fans of the character might be a tad upset that she was retconned from an empowered rape victim to a sociopathic bitch who murders her lover and then lies about being raped in order to justify her cheating and murdering (how the fuck did she think that having the mc straight up lie about having been raped in order to cover up slutting around would be a thing that empowers women or makes the mc seem like a strong, good person, wtf?)

She just argued that anyone not happy with the writing is a neckbeard who's just threatened by strong womyn, or something. It's insane.

Like others have said, this was only in the last issue when it had already decided to get the axe, but it exemplifies the problems in Cain's writing and the whole run.

She also made belittling fun of comics fans. In a comic. A comic she hopes the same comics fans she portrays as retarded idiots (who can't tell fiction from reality and who think that cosplay means you literally get the powers of the character you're cosplaying) would buy. Cain is that fucking stupid.

>She just argued that anyone not happy with the writing is a neckbeard who's just threatened by strong womyn, or something. It's insane.
It be fair that's the only argument I've ever heard made from a woman.

Some of it is actually quite good. There's lots of beefcake, lots of snappy banter, and Mockingbird is repeatedly shown to be flawed, an unreliable narrator, and even an underhanded asshole. Far from the flawless Mary Sues of most pandering SJW comics.

If it wasn't for the third issue, and the twist near the end where Bobbi is revealed to be a adultress and a murderer, (murderess?), it would be fondly remembered.

Read the first two issues, at least, they're excellent.

It had it's good moments in the beginning only to shit the bed later. Making male characters purposely dumb, saying males can only get superpowers cause of chromosome bs then in the same issue showed a a girl with superpowers making that whole tirade pointless, then on the last issue, with the 'problematic cover' they seem to like tossing around, Bobbi's rape is retconned into an affair/false rape accusation/cold blooded murder. In essence making Bobbi a self centered cold hearted psycho bitch all in one book.

This was the first comic about Mockingbird I ever read, and because I knew jack shit about her previous comics I had a completely different reaction to her admitting to cheating on Hawkeye than you did.

Of course; if you insist that the only people who """"""TRULY""" care about the story are people who read Hawkeye & Mockingbird you can go fuck yourself.

Iron Council was the worst of the bas-lag books because he went full commie with it.

>This is the first comic I ever read about Mockingbird! (Doesn't read comics.)
>Now just accept me calling you an asshole for caring the established backstory! (Critques the fans rather tha nthe f
Do you also have blue and/or pink hair?

Nice blog

She reacted OK, tho. She literally turned off the computer and walked away.
It was SJW clickbait comic "critics" who made a big deal out of it.

It turned into bait itself, the comic I mean, so it should stand to surprise this happened.

>She literally turned off the computer and walked away.
No, user, she didn't. Maybe eventually but I do recall some assblasted bitching from her

>I've always made my own decisions. And that I'll live with the consequences.
Coming from someone who let everyone think that she was raped to avoid the consequences of her actions.

Very empowered.

That was when Marvel forgot to tell her she was nominated for a Hugo award.

why do all the female characters in the pics have no tits
its flatsville

I also had never read anything about Mockingbird before, but thought that she was written in an awful way and seemed to be an unlikable selfish bitch. Even without the annoyance of seeing a character get mangled, I didn't want to continue reading because I disliked her so much.

"I wasn't raped, I lied, I can't be raped because only weaklings can be raped, I cheated on my husband and then murdered the guy I fucked because I wanted to and lied about it" and also "I was supposed to save 4 hostages, well they're alive but a whole bunch of bystanders and rescue workers are dead because of my fuck-up but who cares about them, let's smile for the cameras, I'm so awesome" isn't good writing if you want the character to come across as great and awesome.
Of course if Cain's aim was to write Mockingbird into one of the most hated female villains ever, she was making good progress, but I doubt that was the case

like riri

No, before that too. I recall some sort of "how dare these people insinuate my writing is bad, I'm officially a great writer, I write books that sell" type whining

I forget. What happens in issue three?

didn't it get nominated for a Eisner award
remember when Eisner wasn't rolling in his grave at the state of this bullshit butt liking excuse for a award

Even if you had no knowledge of her you should still be bothered that it was suppised to be seen as a good thing.

*supposed

sports bras

cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0669/7933/products/sports-bras-doyoueven-mesh-edge-dye-0669_grande.png?v=1456817351

really

sorry

The Feminist Agenda.

>Of course if Cain's aim was to write Mockingbird into one of the most hated female villains ever, she was making good progress, but I doubt that was the case

You might not be too far off the mark, she's repeatedly shown to be unethical and abusive even before she's revealed to be a murderer.

>You might not be too far off the mark, she's repeatedly shown to be unethical and abusive even before she's revealed to be a murderer.
they should have instead got a competent writer in and got them to keep moving the story towards mockingbird being a villain

i here marvel doesnt have competent editors so this wouldn't have happened

It was bad for obnoxious corgi gags alone.
Imagine seeing the same already unfunny gag in every single fucking issue.

Well that seems to be a really shitty sports bra if it leaves that much bulge, though the women in the pic that was complained about seem to have chests like that, or armor or suits or whatever shaped like that

on second thought nvm, I guess they can be like that too

They got an artist who draws beefcake to appeal to the fujoshi crowd.

So he showed up naked because...

Quirky books have naked people.

Because the writer promised the book would have that

Because women like buff naked men? This whole comic was unapologetic fujoshi bait.

>gee how could it possibly fail?

>That one issue that was supposed to talk about how stressful it is to be a young teenage girl (and tampons, I guess) that wound up instead highlighting male disposability by having three guys be horribly murdered because of a teenage girl's temper tantrum.

>Because women like buff naked men?
Well, not enough to hold a book, it seems.

its fine to appeal to a cetain crowd but the crowd, but its so horrible that even the crowd who are suppose to like, hated it

hey screw men!

And it went right over their own heads.

It was mostly good but it had two really bad issues full of preaching and strawmen.
Way better than a Mockingbird series has any right to be, though.

It was garbage through and through. Only retards with low standards will tell you it was ever good.