Gravity Powers

What are some Sup Forums characters who have the ability to manipulate gravity as their main shtick?

And yes, I'm asking cause I just got finished playing Gravity Rush.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MTY1Kje0yLg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I mean, there's Graviton, obviously, but frankly, he fucking sucks. Even Moonstone couldn't get anything useful out him since he's such a train wreck.

It's a book, but it's a book essentially about superheroes set in noir times. Larry Correia's Hard Magic trilogy has a main character whose schtick is that.

Actually, I might be misremembering. I think the main character's power was technically to change the weight of an object while a villain had gravity powers. I'm remembering a part where he fell sideways out of a window during a fight because of the gravity getting switched 90 degrees. The series got pretty specific with powers. Also, John Moses Browning is a character in the book, so you should read it regardless.

>a book about superheroes
Fuck me, I keep forgetting that's an actual thing. Capes really need to just fuck off already. Now they're starting to infect other forms of media. Cartoons, video games, even literature. Fucking hell.

i really liked him in EMH

I feel like gravity manipulation isn't as common a power, since it requires a bit of clever thinking to use well, and most writers aren't capable of handling any superpower that isn't punch or shoot.

One of the demons from Jackie Chan Adventures, I think.

Kat is so poor that she can't afford a bra...
Actually she can, but she waster all her money for a food

>anything with characters who have supernatural abilities is capeshit about superheroes

>"it's a book essentially about superheroes set in noir times."
Hows about you try not being retarded for once in your life, yeah?

Correia himself described it as a superhero book set in the '20s. Myke Cole's Control Point series is similar, but set in modern times.

Also, slight tangent, but I've always thought it was strange how teleportation is considered one of the strongest powers in books like those, but it's always downplayed in comics.

Did somebody say gravity powers

>tfw got so attached to the character, I can't even jerk off to her anymore

Comic book writers are uncreative idiots. News at 11.

With the most basic understanding of pop relativity, a competent writer's could make gravity control the most OP power set imaginable

>Standard Brick powers (Flight, Strength)
>Ability to alter perception of flow of time of enemies (speed up, slow down time, giving him apparent super speed)
>Ability to trap opponents in place (increase local gravity, stops other flyers, regular people can't move, they weigh too much)
>Ability to cancel local gravity (flings enemies into space, they are no longer gravitionaly attached to the Earth)
>High energy Blasts (sunspot's plasma, basically)

And then the real overpowered stuff:
>Create black holes (instantly crushes all matter in an area, basically I win button)
>Create worm holes (teleport self or others anywhere, into space, to other planets, FTL travel)

Disappointed that this wasn't the first post.

That's assuming you give the powers no upper limit. You could easily make the character a standard flying brick with a bit of telekinesis. And if you give a power no upper limit, nearly every power is that OP. This guy, for example. With no upper limit, a guy with language powers can literally rewrite the entire universe.

Here's a little science for you, Sup Forums
Gravity is a phenomena best described as the influence mass has on spacetime.
youtube.com/watch?v=MTY1Kje0yLg
You, along with everything on this planet, bends spacetime to a certain extent. Anything with mass usually does.
This can be used in a variety of ways.
For one, it can be used for FTL travel. If one were to manipulate gravity in where a high concentrated field of mass were to be created virtually in front of you at all times, it'd contract the space in front of you, shortening it.
If you were to create a form of negative mass, as in, a mass with less than 0 mass (I know, sounds redundant) then you'd essentially be creating "anti-gravity". Instead of contracting spacetime, this extends it, creating longer distances. If you were to place a field of anti-gravity behind you, and a field of high mass in front of you, you'd be accomplishing what most scientists theorize would be a way of superluminal travel without the worries of creating an acausal event or paradox.
And depending on whether you believe in Brane Theory, gravity (or supergravity) is the STRONGEST fundamental force. It has jurisdiction over all other fundamental interactions besides maybe electromagnetic forces. But that's a maybe.

Dog perk is the best
Post more Kat

>Tfw a story I'm writing involves gravity manipulation and I've spent so much time trying to dial back the power creep

I've got the other Fundamental forces in play as well, but Gravity's proven the most interesting so far.

Can you teleport or heal with gravity

It seems popular in video games, I guess because gravity puzzles aren't hard to write.

So I'm guessing the anime is just Kat doing cute stuff while Raven acts all tsun. Fair enough.

>comic book writers
>basic understanding of anything

I feel like one of the important things to establish first is that, unlike with telekinesis, with gravity control it is easier to move heavier objects than it is to move light ones. Assuming your control reaches that distance, throwing the moon around would be much easier than turning a doorknob, or moving a piece of paper.

And to add to the OP gravity powers discussion, with strong enough gravity control you could bend light to obscure yourself from view, or create optical illusions.

Yeah, there really aren't many good characters that use gravity.

>that cover
Oof. That's too much 90s, even for me.

Teleportation is basically space-time shenanigans, so it shouldn't take too much effort to write. As for healing (at least for broken limbs and cuts), you could probably say you're bringing the cuts/injured body parts close enough together that the wounds stay closed/parts stay attached. It's kinda wonky though, since you're talking molecular bonds at that point.

Kat is a precious cinnamon roll who's smile must be protected at all costs.

Ethermask from the manwha Magician

I feel if you're gonna use gravity to teleport, it should have consequences. Wormholes are dangerous, and probably have something living inbetween tge entrance and exit.

>create optical illusions
Doing that with gravity seems way too fucking complicated.

Kat is not for sexual. Raven is, but not Kat.

>tfw Gravity Rush is one of the better superhero games
That's kind of fucked up, honestly.

hi O'Shee

Who?

Bump.

Victorion does, but I think she's only used it twice or so in the comics.

>Victorion
Oh right, the female combiner. Neat!

One of these days, I gotta check out the IDW Transformers comics. They seem interesting if nothing else.

Hell this game wasn't even able to think of many clever ways to use Kat's gravity powers considering all the stealth missions.

Stealth sections are always a let down. They never have any real thought put into them.

Kat's gravity powers could've made for some interesting sneaking, like walking up walls or something. Alas no.

Bump.