Is this right Sup Forums?

Is this right Sup Forums?

Yes.

Unfortunately, yes. DC said that themselves. They said that originally, they just thought that all they should do for the DCEU was be darker.

Of course, that didn't turn out well. The success of Wonder Woman might change that, but it's too late for Justice League.

DC always had that grim undertone to them.

It is detective comics after all

Yes DC is run by retards

Always has been always will be

Good news is with their movies being horrible failures they're gone for good when comics finally die

Trust in the Whedon

>the efforts of a multitude of different people comprising entirely different companies making different productions is now recognized as "Marvel makes" and "DC makes"
Based brand synergy I'm so glad they relieve me of think

>Trust in the Whedon
Yeah no

Cavill Supes may be brooding, but he's far from a vigilante using fear tactics.
Everything we've seen from Aquaman makes him look like a badass surfer king. So no Batman there.
Green Arrow has always been a Batman clone.

How is Aquaman Batman?

Because he's not smiling.

>DC is run by retards
>Doesn't know about "SJW Marvel".
Obviously Marvel are the retards here. DC is kicking their asses in comic book sales, since Marvel went full retard publishing SJW propaganda.

>Cavill Supes may be brooding, but he's far from a vigilante using fear tactics.

I'm sure he refers to the movies.
Then agian, that's not DC's fault, but WB's.

>Daily memes

Is not something new

what about the flash?

I mean, Aquaman is a pretty edgy guy.

>Leader of a band of desert raiders who loot plunder and rape everything.
>Forces a young teenage girl into being his bride.
>Rapes her.
>Forces her to eat a horse's heart.
>Brainwashes her into being devoted to him.
>Pours liquid gold over her brother's head to kill him.

He makes a nigga think

>DC is kicking their asses in comic book sales
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Unironically this. You can't have Sandman, Some parts of Hellblazer, and Swamp thing without some grimdark parts bleeding in with the campy capeshit.

Literal Twitter reposts. Zero effort.

Sauce?

Fast Batman

Don't the Marvel sales also cover all of thr Star Wars comics?
Also isn't this a chart for sales to retailers and not consumers, which is stacked in Marvels favor because they force retailers to buy in specific increments rather than what they need, and Marvel doesn't allow book returns on unsold copies while DC does?

It's worse than Twitter, it's facebook.

Game of Thrones idiot

That doesn't make much sense. DCEU Superman is quite unlike Batman, Aquaman is basically unknown in terms of character, and... Green Arrow is a ripoff of Batman. That's how it all started.

Game of Thrones.
Kal Drogo was pretty much the only thing people knew Mamoa as prior to Aquaman.

Oh please keep piling on the excuses as to why you're failing at everything

Are you fucking falling for obvious bait?

Half of it is right.
Problem is half of Marvel is Iron Man.

>everyone who doesn't love DC is a falseflag and obvious bait
You wanna try not being so fucking pathetic some time?

Nah, they made they all dark and gritty. It's obvious, nobody is talking about the character, but the tone.

By the way, as always, Hellboy is the franchine that manages to do better and suprassumo both Big 2 garbage.

>Marvel - everyone quips
>DC - everyone is brooding

Also, Green Arrow is basically Batman with arrows. This is normie shit posted here for bait.

>facebook screencaps of a shitty meme page
throw yourself off a cliff

Is he always right?

>facebook
>worse than twitter
japanese pls

One most retarded dialogues of BvS.

Lol that makes sense. I thought there was a whole chapter in aquamans histoy I was missing

I think it'd work better if the two of the three Marvel examples weren't defined by having shitty lives and the third being the architect of 90% of his problems, including multiple people actively attempting to kill him regularly.

>Projecting pie charts with an angle rendering them useless
REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Logan gets good as it goes on but I honestly didn't care for the beginning where we're just retreading "Wolverine pretends he only cares about himself while bending over backward to help other people."

>Loved Doomsday
>Never cared about GotG or Ant-Man
so they're not even comic book fans

You're absolutely right. Not that Marvelcucks would know anything about that.

He's never wrong

What pisses me off the most about it is the people "shining his light in the sky" are the police asking for Batman's help.

>marvel
>everyone is spider-man via iron man

Help with police brutality that is.

Who ever cared about Doomsday?

Is this real? I still can't believe we live in a timeline where the Flash gets front and center whilst the Trinity gets shoved to the rear

>Logan
Box Office = $616.20 Million

>Batman V Superman
Box Office = $873.30 Million

DC's more successful.

>People crying about Superman and Batman exposure for YEARS
>"UGGGH ENOUGH BATMAN GIVE US OTHER CHARACTERS"
>ONE movie poster puts Flash in the front
>"Wow are they for real? I can't believe they just shoved the Trinity in the back, DC is in shambles"

Of course it's real

>money = quality

Classic Casual

>movie about wolverine made almost as much as a movie with the trinity and death of Superman

Get some perspective. The trinity and Superman's death were surpassed by fucking Iron Man, and them by Captain America.

Not really, the Marvel movies have a habit of flanderizing the characters and only focusing on certain aspects of the characters i.e. the 'light' aspect other than Captain America who actually has some 'dark' aspects in his films.

Tony will never be shown how he is in the comics and will just be a cheeky chap instead of the douche that he generally is, which made Civil War even more ridiculous than the comic version. Guardians of the galaxy as well suffers from this shit.

DC has always been darker generally so if anything DC are doing it right (other than Green Arrow who is a bit to Batman like in the show), since other than Green Arrow none of those characters are Batmanesque in the slightest. Although we haven't seen Aquaman, so it's a stupid to have him the picture at all.

Oh no don't get me wrong that wasn't a complaint. Good for the Falsh, I hope he leads the way for Plastic Man, The Metal Men, Hawkman and other more obscure DC heroes to enter the mainstream

Which is worse

In the DCEU, Clark lets Pa Kent die because Pa believes the opposite of what he should be teaching Clark

In the MCU, it barely feels like Peter got Uncle Ben killed, it's like Peter learned nothing from it, his new daddy and inspiration all along is Stark

I've actually never seen movie Wolverine be selfish. The worst thing he does is tell people to stay away from him.

Sorry dude. I guess I went full DCEU stan there lol

People looking for excuses to whine about the DC movies ruining characters.
>Implying Doomsday is a character
Seriously, he showed up, killed Superman, and died. That's what he was created to do, even in the comics.

Its good, I understand why you'd be frustrated

>money = quality
>brags about MCU's box office over DCEU's box office
Classic Marvelcuck.

Marvel makes light characters too light and DC makes Batman in different skins.
Both are trash

>Infinity war
Bringing together characters who have bonded and clashed throughout three films that built their relationship into something genuine.

>Justice league
Batman is suddenly inspired by superman who has been saving the day since he's been introduced because he saved the day in front of him once and their moms have the same names.

The only DCEU character that's really gotten the overly dark "batman" treatment is Superman. Wonder Woman is faithful to her comic book representation, Flash seems very energetic, and while Aquaman looks aesthetically darker he cracked a couple jokes in the trailer.

I'm not too sure about Cyborg, though. I definitely didn't expect Teen Titans Cyborg, but he seems a lot colder.

>it's like Peter learned nothing from it, his new daddy and inspiration all along is Stark
Oh yeah, Tony wanted me to tell you, “With great power comes… something, I forgot

>who have bonded and clashed throughout three films that built their relationship into something genuine

That goblin cuck? He ruined Age of Ultron and judging from "Whats your superpower?" "Im rich!!" His greasy fingers have ruined JL too

How is Superman like Batman?

I'll give Cyborg the benefit of the doubt, as he hasn't said much in the trailers. Still, what we've seen shows he's not totally devoid of humor.
>"You should probably move."

Avengers
Ago of Ultron
Civil war

He's broody I guess. But his brooding is more about how he's upset that his attempts to do good don't always work out rather than "my parents are deeeaaaddd".

Not really, this is a dumb opinion. Stark has been show to be responsible for all the shit that happens to him, Cap lost his friend and the woman that he loved, Thor relationship with his brother is destroyed and Starlord's mother got cancer from her boyfriend. You are just spouting dumb memes.

And DC is only "darker" than Marvel if you take in consideration shit that barely never touched the capeshit world, like Vertigo, so exclude things like Hellblazer that most often than not didn't even seemed to be part of the mainstream books.

X-men, Iron Man, Captain America all were more dark than the average Wonder Woman or Batman comic. When Batman became an alcoholic on the main universe?

The Avengers can't seem to agree on anything in all three of those movies. They are constantly arguing and the only time they get along is when they fight. That's not a good friendship lol.

The problem is that Marvel characters weren't really popular in public bar Spidey. They had a perfect clean slate by a lack of media presence other than the Fox movies (which are still better comic book movies in their entirety than Disney's efforts) while DC had half a dozen award winning and popular movies prior across the space of 20 years, an extremely popular animated universe and a vastly larger comic share.

DC had a harder time creating and melding their characters into a mixed universe and had to pick a tone. Unfortunately they picked Nolanesque retardation movies instead of more upbeat styles like the older Supermans which was blocked by the generally average Superman Returns (one of my favourite movies purely because I can see that being an actual comic too).

It's harder to produce something interesting when you have a much larger library and audience to please. They fucked up by letting Snyder near it though. He's a fucking retard. Whedon isn't any better. I expect any DC movie he touches to be a quip filled nonsense explosion fest and dragging cinema further into it's grave.

I'd love to see someone like Del Toro have a crack at an Aquaman movie because he has the balance of light hearted but serious and the Hellboy movies were both fun as fuck. Give him free reign to make it an Aquaman fights sea monsters style movie and he'd be the single best choice for that sort of thing but I imagine he's still pissed at the Mountains of Madness concept being refused. At least he got Pacific Rim 2 but a shame about that talentless black actor being included instead of someone decent.

Green Arrow is meant to be silly, the fact hes similar to Vatman is meant to be something to laugh at

Which is just a very human reaction.
Supes even in BvS or MoS was about as brooding as the average retail employee after-hours.

>That's not a good friendship lol
That's what makes it genuine

Green arrow hasn't been silly since the 70s and/or 80s.
GL/GA? Longbow Hunters?

If you only get along with your "friends" when you're beating up people, I wouldn't call it a genuine friendship.

Marvel goes for "WOOAAAHHH SO AWESOMEEEE" moments that make brainless idiots cheer, and DC goes for "WOOAAAHHH SO DEEEEP" moments that make brainless idiots "think".

read more comics you plebs, are you trying to tell me comics Superman has never ever used fear tactis? The same superman who lobotmized manchester black? The same superman who beat a giant living sun almost to death as a warning to never come back to earth? The same superman as pic related?

And Cavil man, of all people, is one of the least scaretactics using Superman. He didnt try using them on Zod (which led to a large loss of life, probably at least informs the moment with Batman). He didnt use them on the terrorists. He doesn't even really use them on Lex outside of one line.
He only uses these tactics on Batman after multiple Gotham citizens telling him Batman has gone crazy and will only listen to violence now.
I'm sorry you guys cant into context.

You forgot "attach big name actor as draw and forcibly make all succeeding iterations of the character they're surgically attached to be just that actor's whole persona, ignoring all prior characterization before the powers that be arbitrarily decided this was going to be the thing they slapped on every kid's lunchbox in Walmarts" for Marvel

> Clark lets Pa Kent die because Pa believes the opposite of what he should be teaching Clark

are you retarded? Pa Kent is literally teaching him by example by putting himself in harm's way to save a creature lesser than him (a dog) and to protect his son.

I knew Sup Forums was generally retarded, but you brought it to a whole never level. Pic related, my reaction when I first read your post.

>The only DCEU character that's really gotten the overly dark "batman" treatment is Superman.

There is litearlly nothing darker about this Superman than comics Superman. I'm sorry you havent read enough of them to understand this and have an opinion formed by memes.