Generations Hulk: Banner/Cho Storytime

The first view of Marvel's Generations and it's my favorite character, but can Marvel make this good?

Other urls found in this thread:

abcnews.go.com/amp/Entertainment/marvels-generations-original-wolverine-hulk-iron-man-return/story?id=46331912
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So whats the idea behind this generations stuff?

Basically Marvel's trying to show off how their previous characters are still used and liked by them, but still showing off their new characters

Better then nothing I guess.

Ok, it's just retarded
Guess they'll do same shit with every other dead original character

Wait is he really still dead?
Oh right old version. Of course he ain't back.

It is a time travel story that isn't a time travel story

Well the thing is, almost every character they have in Marvel has a younger, newer version of them playing off of their legacy, which I imagine will also tie into Marvel Legacy

>Hulk never holds back
But what about the super math that makes sure civilians are never hurt?

God that was embarrassing.

>Banner Hulk
Why not just call him "Incredible Hulk"?
Your using adjectives for Cho, just do it

Legacy is what they are calling the next reboot to make it seem like they are going back to the old characters right?

They gotta differentiate between the two, but I admit Incredible Hulk would sound better

Calling it. Banner is going to Job to Cho.

I legit forget this was happening. And why release it in the middle of Secret Empire?

Legacy is just a rebranding. Nothing is changing apart from a return to original numbering and 3-4 new books.

>"And maybe have a stroke or something"
>Cho beats it in front of Banner

Reminder

>"These stories do happen, they really count. They really matter. This isn't some alternate reality story or some time-travel story," Alonso explained.

abcnews.go.com/amp/Entertainment/marvels-generations-original-wolverine-hulk-iron-man-return/story?id=46331912

Would probably be better then this.

Banner came back briefly during Secret Wars.

Well he died after that, during Civil War II

Si the new legacy heroes are going to be the inspiration for the originals?

wasn't asrar drawing this

Neat.

Banner was ressurected in Secret Empire, but had Ultimate text for some reason.

Fuck, I meant he came back briefly during Secret Empire.

Wait really? I'm not reading Secret Empire but when does that happen?

is ultimate Hulk .. the Ultimates and Ultimate X-men are in the 616 working for Maker

ultimate hulk is gray

#5.

Its the Banner who remembers being killed by Hawkeye, so its very likley 616.

>And why release it in the middle of Secret Empire?
Because SE is getting delayed and this HAS to be released before Legacy and Legacy's already been solicited and advertised

A mess as usual

I haven't read Amadeus' Hulk book yet but I like him here. It's like everything he does he's calculating the best way to be a superhero, as if it's what he's been waiting for and he's not gonna wanna screw it up.

#6, Cap gets ready to raid the heroes's hideout and is meeting with a recently resurrected Banner. It's temporary and Cap tries to convince Banner to do it. Banner refuses, but didn't realize Cap was appealing to the Hulk and he promptly transforms.

When does this take place for Bruce exactly?

>A mess as usual
With how often they do this sort of shit you would think they would be good at it by now.

Maker's Hulk is the Grey version.

and how many gray ones did you skip till that picture

Pak forgot his own idea?

Come on man, a story is being dumped.
To be fair, Ultimate Hulk was green until he mixed the his version of the Super Soldier Serum with the original. Started off green, went gray for the rest of his existence.

Totally Awesome Hulk is pretty decent most of the time (even during CW2), but he has an issue where he's treated like a dumb jock in other books.
He does tend to have issues with arrogance and stuff but it's more natural in his own book.

Thanks user

Oh this should be good.

I'm pretty sure it's 616 since he remembers being in the Avengers and being killed.

>they woke it up with the bombing.
I can't decide if that is awesome or dumb.
I am gonna go with awesome.

That's why I liked Totally Awesome Hulk and the concept of it because a Hulk should be based on a personality, which for Cho would be being a smart, arrogant teenager

Personality and repression, yeah
Makes sense that Cho has to keep himself in check given how much more intelligent he is than almost everyone else on Earth. When he goes green that restraint vanishes.

This art is ass

The books has been pretty decent lately I'm enjoying the Weapon X crossover but it seems like no one else is reading it.

I want to read that story but I found out about it so late, I think I just might wait for the trade

That's good to hear, man. The good bit, not the no-one-talking bit

I feel like this should've been Grey Hulk talking.

Early Hulk could speak.

YES FUCKING CHO IS OVER .... AND BANNER IS GOING TO RETURN ONE DAY

This might be the first thing I've read Cho Hulk in where he was actually compelling and not annoying. Is he like this in his own book?

Oh this shit is already out? Guess I'll give it a read. Any others?

You totally should, it's been pretty good so far. It feels kind of like a 90's crossover.

And that's it. The first viewing about what Marvel Generations has to offer. Honestly it's the same quality of a regular Totally Awesome Hulk issue, which is decent but nothing too special. I'd pick it up if it weren't $5.

Yeah. His own book is (usually) pretty damned good. Crossovers and team books are a mixed bag

>Is he like this in his own book?

Yeah. His book is pretty underrated.

Yeah I can understand if Champions puts a bad taste in peoples mouth though.

So in the end they turned Cho into just like any other "I AM ANGRY THIS IS A CURSE REEEEE" Hulk.

Even She-Hulk's currently in this state. It's bullshit.

>how dare they make the hulk a hulk
This is a good thing.

Have you been reading his solo? He's been avoiding the gift as a curse since the first issue. The Hulk in the backseat thing. It's been an underlying theme the entire time. He's been trying his hardest to hold back what being the Hulk really means.

>In this issue Cho lectures Banner on how to be a better Hulk while Banner eats hot garbage
Really doodles the noodles.

>a perfectly assembled hamburger
>in the garbage

Press X to Doubt.

And then it turns out Cho was wrong. Fucking finish the issue dumbass.

Well, I've always felt that a good Hulk story should explore the psyche about whoever the Hulk is in the book. Just having the Hulk be sad because it's a "curse" can be fine, but boring. Have the characters try to turn it into a positive like Cho did but still have some problems with it. Hell, Banner had this in the late 80s and 90s. It's all about character progression, and Cho accepting the belief that the Hulk is a curse can be fine, especially with what said. Him saying that for 5+ issues is just boring.

He used Ultimate text and after the "time ran out" on Elisa's spell, he turned grey and passed out. Also, 616 Banner's body was cremated.

Seems like they got Ultimate Hulk's body then Elisa did a spell to inject 616 Hulk's soul into the body for a limited amount of time. That of course raises the question of how the fuck they got Ultimate Hulk's body.

Event magic. I ain't got to explain shit.

Yep.

gotta give them credit for not making the story about how cho is SO much better than banner. i doubt the rest of the books will be this respectful of the original

Anyone else have a hard time getting into the story due to its lack of context?

>That of course raises the question of how the fuck they got Ultimate Hulk's body.
Bendis didn't know how Secret Wars worked and didn't care. In Jessica Jones there are refugees from the Ultimate Universe and apparently Incursions were some huge government secret despite everyone knowing about them in literally every other book. But yeah, now the refugee thing is being pushed to other books. In X-Men: Blue it's being handled decently, don't know if it shows up anywhere else.

The new character/diversity push, barring one or two exceptions cratered hard. This is them pulling back a little, but not exactly rebirth level.

one of the complaints is that they spent zero groundwork setting up a lot of these changes, as opposed to say Captain Falcon or Rhodey, so this is sort of a little retroactive character building, I guess.

The creatives haven't changed, so if they were fucking up before, they're still probably fucking up.

Now THAT"S an outrage comic tailor made for Frank Cho.

All you have to know is some cosmic fuckery goes on at the end of SE and legacy heroes get zapped back in time to meet their predecessors.

>You've got a monster in your trunks...