FusionFall Retro's soft-launch

The game's finally out, but only as a tutorial.
Long story short, the dev's computer crapped out, which only led to the tutorial being playable. They're planning on adding in the rest of the game through the following weeks via updates. The game itself does function, though. You just need to lower the screen resolution a bit.
>fusionfallretro.com/
If you already have the essentials for running the game, try it out yourself if you want.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/3AHPKxz
fusionfallretro.com/developer-blog.php?view_post=13
youtube.com/watch?v=-GlYkra9PKc
foomidori.deviantart.com/
twitter.com/foomidori?lang=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>tfw FF Frankie won't be seen in the near future

Be patient, user. We're dealing with a bunch of hobbyists here.

We have a Sup Forums discord for this (and other related revived games like Toontown and VMK)
discord.gg/3AHPKxz

Oh, that's cool! I'll probably join it once FusionFall is playable past the tutorial, which is hopefully soon.

I wouldn't count on it anytime soon.
Earliest, I would say a month.

That depends on whether or not the developer pulls any more all-nighters. Not to mention, they supposedly had most of the Future ready before their database broke and they're currently trying to fix it.
Though, considering that they couldn't deliver most of the Future segment at launch despite initial promises, I probably shouldn't hold my breath over it.

Yeah, pretty sure that Toontown Rewritten had more available when it first became playable in alpha.

What little we have does function, though. I only froze once and that was in the log-in screen. Aside from that, everything ran smoothly. I did have to change my screen resolution, though. Otherwise, the camera would just spin around me every time I moved my mouse even slightly.
After that, however, everything played nicely. I'm honestly really hoping that the update comes soon.

>If you already have the essentials for running the game, try it out yourself if you want.
>the essentials

What exactly are the essentials?

>fusionfallretro.com/developer-blog.php?view_post=13
Long story short, you'd need Windows, Visual C++ and an account. Aside from that, you're golden.

>you'd need Windows
For God's sake, it's 2017

>Visual C++

what that

I know, that was too obvious. Sorry, dude.
Google is your best friend, user.

>Microsoft Visual C++ Microsoft Visual C++ (often abbreviated to MSVC) is an integrated development environment (IDE) product from Microsoft for the C, C++, and C++/CLI programming languages. ... These Visual C++ redistributable and runtime packages are mostly installed for standard libraries that many applications use.

What IS C++?

You are!

And you've become too aware..

>Hahahah let's make up a fake MMORPG
This shit hasn't been funny since EEnE. Just fucking stop already.

what

>Not recognizing the greatness that is Ed Edd n Eddy Online.
I pity you, user.

It was worth every second of the wait

FusionFall isn't fake. It was a real MMORPG that is being recreated twice.

god i wanna fuck them so bad

It's real dude.

Why doesn't Ben use the Omnitrix in the tutorial?

>bloo
Hate that fucker

Bloo is an ass

at least he's not bendy

where's the previous thread

oh dear god

>Why doesn't Ben use the Omnitrix in the tutorial?
Because he's an idiot.

thank you

Anytime man.

Gotten to finally get mine working and it felt good to get back playing the game even though it was just a tutorial. Can't wait for the rest of the game to come in the coming weeks. Hope that 15 year old kid is getting some good rest after working for 50 or more hours.

Oh, I thought this was official

Wait; this is being done by a 15 year old? If that's true, then goddamn that's impressive.

I heard it from a few people here on the last thread and them saying that so I'll just go with it for now. Though it's true that there's only 1 guy thats pretty much doing the whole developing for the game. I'm not even sure what the other guys on the team like Devan and the others are doing really.

Are you a straight woman or a faggot?

>i'm not even sure what the other guys on the team like Devan and the others are doing really.

working on legacy

Ok now I see, thanks for letting me know. I just wish the other guy had help at least.

or user could be bi

he already asked if he was a faggot

bump

In case you have doubts about downloading the demo, here's a demonstration of it by a member of the dev team.
>youtube.com/watch?v=-GlYkra9PKc

I opened up the tutorial and it worked perfectly on my end, luckily didn't have any of the issues anyone else was talking about on the forums.
After that I did three playthroughs: one normal, one going as fast as possible, and one where I just went full playtester and just walked against every invisible wall possible. I couldn't find any game-breaking bugs or anything, only a couple minor sound hiccups and some slightly lack of polish.
Though one thing I will say is the level of detail the original devs put into this game is ridiculous. I couldn't find one area in the entire tutorial map that didn't have collision data. I was able to freely walk around to all that extra space to the side with the only invisible walls being on the cliffs. So good on them for that, that's legitimately impressive and something I didn't expect to see from an MMO like this.

Glad to see you liked it. I also see that you got lucky with the resolution. When I tried to run the game at my highest resolution, the camera would spin around rapidly if I even move my mouse by an mere inch. I don't know if it's exclusive to me or it depends on the PC itself. In any case, it's good to see that the game worked fine for you.

I can't wait to explore the rest of the Future.

Oh, and in case I haven't said it, the camera glitch is normally fixed if you lower the resolution to 1600x900 at minimum. It's not bad, but I hope there's a permanent fix to the glitch since I don't want to change my screen just to accommodate for one game.

does it really matter?

Who the fuck dropped you on your head as a toddler

Mac guide?

How young are you?

Do we know if files can be transferred to Legacy when that's ready?

I don't think so, it's two different games.

Really? I was under the impression that Retro was a carbon copy of the original game and Legacy was an expansion upon that.

That's because Retro IS the original game, but on a new server. Legacy is a full-on remake.

Retro will be updated within the week, right?

That's what the developer is trying to do, yes. Whether or not they'll succeed is up to chance.

Fresh from the drawthread: Frankie meets Frankie.

>何た

i got photoshop just to fix the nose gomen

why is she speaking japanese

It sucks that character data isn't saved, but oh well what can you do.

cause anime

I'm just glad I can play some parts of the game. This brings back alot of memories of when I first played this back in 2010. Can't wait for the updates.

but they use there english voices and the original game was made in korea

Yeah, still might not be much, but I'm remembering why I liked this game when I could actually play it.

yeah korea is in asia and they speak japanese in asia

so does that mean everything made by americans are canadian

Yep

Bump. Don't die on us you fags

post your favorite character(s) in fusionfall.

Nice.

also i think the kanker sisters have good designs
and yet eddy looks fucking terrifying

I guess the original model is to blame for that terror. The artwork for him did make him look him rather ugly, but even in the show, he was a bit of a gremlin in terms of appearance. The in-game model, on the other hand, only made things worse. The eyes combined with his smile was especially unsettling.

Thankfully, he looks somewhat better in Legacy. The dead eyes are gone in favor of a smugger pair. Here's a picture for comparison.

Already posted it

Cute and yeah the Kankers do look nice.
So glad the devs actually fixed Eddy. In the original some of the models looks fucking creepy as shit.

Also nice. Frankie's pretty cute.

Favorite Cartoon Network character of all time ever, from my favorite Cartoon Network cartoon of all time ever.

Am I the only one that likes Eddy's design? When I first saw it all those years ago, my first thought was that I loved how accurate it is to his original cartoon design. The head shape, the chin, the lip, the big grin, the hairs, the eyes, nose, the shortness, the lack of a visible neck, his design is PERFECT! He looks so awesome!

Do 10 year old girls actually dress like that? With low cut sweaters showing their shoulders and bras?

>Windows
fuck. I don't suppose any of the bumblefucks here on Sup Forums tried in under WINE?

Midori Foo is the one behind the designs for the FusionFall characters
foomidori.deviantart.com/
twitter.com/foomidori?lang=en

>bras
Clearly, in this universe, the KND were finally able to get a hold of the Teen Ninjas' battle ready armor and had reverse-engineered it into being usable by KND operatives.

How would Chad, Cree and Maurice fit into FusionFall?

same, i love double d senpai, he was my original mentor in 2010, and i can understand the appreciation for emulating eddys design with a lot of accuracy, i just think they couldve made him less spooky-troll looking

i dont think real ten year old girls even wear bras yet, but i think in FF the knd kids are supposed to be like 14, and i could see a high school-aged girl wearing that

so does that mean trump himself is mexican

everybody just wears whatever they want

no, he's american. just like those damned mexicans who keep entering america illegally.

i know someone that just loves double d's design

but aren't we all cubans

well, you are what you eat

Nice.
Niiiiiice.
NICE.
Holy shit

Can anyone help me? Everytime I run the updater, nothing happens, nothing ever appears, and task manager doesn't even see a updater.exe! I installed everything needed, so don't tell me about Visual C++ and Unity and shit

what kind of piece of shit potato did you guys play the original fusion fall in? i played it on my grandma's old computer in windows XP. it played at like 12 fps but my 13 year old self didn't care.

run it as administrator

that's what i've been doing

Played fusionfall in xp as well.

download the installer.exe again.
if you already did that then turn your pc off and turn it on again.

got nothing else to do, so might as well fall for the meme

shit, I'm updating