How would Sup Forums fix their costumes?

So Jack Kirby hands you the design for the original X-Men costumes and as Sup Forums has said, it's the worst design Kirby has done. How would you guys fix their costumes, but keep in mind that they are students at a school and should be a uniform and still have the yellow/black color scheme. Other than that, go nuts.

Replace that yellow tunic with a big X symbol that extends all the way around the back. Also, get rid of the masks.

Like this.

The students would later get more form-fitting versions before Jean just made them new costumes.

I was always a fan of their X-Factor costumes with the big white X's on them

>yellow/black
are you blind? that is blue

>and as Sup Forums has said, it's the worst design Kirby has done.

They were uniforms, not costumes you asshat.

early x-men are comfy

>I don't know how old comic coloration worked
>I think Venom is blue

Dude I said they were uniforms and besides, in terms of a superhero comic, they are costumes, but in the context of the X-Men premise, they are a uniform. You're just arguing semantics at this point.

There was actually a whole comic about this topic. One of the Wolverine FC comics I think where both Scott and Logan had very contrasting views on whether or not it was a uniform or costume.

good book.

Give them their own colors and/or make the yellow tunic portion into some X-shape.

OR
Leave it alone because I like those costumes.

They haven't used those costumes in decades, what's to fix?

These can't be Kirby's worst designs. They aren't the Inhumans.

It's ambiguous without confirmation, as blues and blacks would swap both ways.

>fix
It's no wonder things are in the state they're in today if you're representative of Marvel's audience.

To be honest, I like the original X-Men costumes but on every single original X-Men storytime thread, the majority say those outfits are the worst "mainstream" Marvel suits Kirby made. Plus I would think it'd be a little fun to take some costumes people don't like and try to see how they could be improved aesthetically.

Either do or give them all representive colors.

Cyclops could have Red, with the outer visor being changed to grey
Beast could have a richer blue
Archangel would get White, and his wings changed to the Apocalypse ones.
Iceman either needs Superman shorts or tight boxers, colored a nice orange
JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN can have Yellow but change the blue outline to red.

This, also make angel into a techno organic Gay cyborg like Blue Beatle
Keep iceman straight

Its basically the teen Titans

These were pretty solid outside of Warren

Their lineup was so bad
>Angel who can only fly and do nothing else
>Beast who's just stronger than your average human with no cool abilities
>Iceman who can just throw snowballs
Only good people there are Jean and Scott

>Iceman who can just throw snowballs
Angel could scout, rescue people, and fight
Beast could climb up walls
Iceman could make weapons out of ice

By sending Hank off to be an Avenger (aka the reject squad), the faggot off to kill himself, and Warren off to be a rich guy somewhere else. Then I would kill Jean and send the pedo up to space. Now I would give Cyclops a new team and have a nonshit book

Original costumes are still sexy as fuck, screw anyone who hates it. Yellow tunics over black hoods will always be better than typical spandex shit

>Hurr durr characters should be defined solely by their abilities

If they were supposed to be black then the majority of that part of that costume would look black, not blue.

These ones look great, except on Iceman.